Awoo.

Sonic Jump for iOS will be out on the 18th.

Shaddix Leto Croft

fuck why does it always take me to a random post in the middle of the thread instead of the last post?

When you click the thread title from the board index, it takes you to the last post that was on the page last time you visited. To go to the last post in the thread from the board index, click the time instead of the thread title. The time is right under the thread title.

Edited by Frogging101
  • Thumbs Up 1

I'm in the process of uploading music tracks, here are some you can listen to right now. I added in some fading and extended some of the songs.

Green Hill Zone

Blue Sky Zone

Other playable characters besides Sonic? ( Not that Sonic's bad or anything ^^; )

Count me in!

I've downloaded the game and am playing it now. So the game costs £1.49, but check out what you can buy from the shop:

• 2,500 rings: £0.69
  • 12,000 rings: £2.99
  • 35,000 rings: £7.49
  • 65,000 rings: £12.99
  • 120,000 rings: £19.99
  • Unlock everything: £14.99
  • Double rings: £1.99

I've downloaded the game and am playing it now. So the game costs £1.49, but check out what you can buy from the shop:

• 2,500 rings: £0.69
  • 12,000 rings: £2.99
  • 35,000 rings: £7.49
  • 65,000 rings: £12.99
  • 120,000 rings: £19.99
  • Unlock everything: £14.99
  • Double rings: £1.99

WHAT A DEAL

• Thumbs Up 8

Why would someone buy 120,000 rings when you can unlock everything for less..?

BEST Boss Sonic theme I've heard in a while!

So... How come they never went for this sort of musical approach for Episode 2 instead of deliberately trying to sound like the Mega Drive/Genesis? This music is pretty good, and it's a fucking Phone Game.

• Thumbs Up 1

Does this game have online/Game Center support?

If so, feel free to add me. smile.png

Edit: AHAHAHA one of the achievements is Sonic Rush!

EDIT 2: Oh god, I had this scary vision of Eggman being playable!

Edited by Autosaver

Having spent most of my morning commute playing this, it's looking pretty fun.

Not all the stages are there yet, after the first three zones it just says 'coming soon'- hopefully they're a free update and not paid DLC. I was worried that the 'shop' would be microtransactions, but at least you use the rings you've got in-game. Anyone who actually pays money to buy more rings/ unlock stuff is lazy/ an idiot/ both or has more money than sense to a ridiculous degree. mellow.png

Anyone else finding the controls not-quite-ideal? It took me a minute or two to even figure out you have to tilt to move; there's no tutorial or even anything that tells you the controls outside of the loading screens. Also, the game seems to be very specific about how you hold your phone; Sonic kept moving (admittedly very gradually) to the left most of the time when I could have sworn I was holding my phone completely vertically. :/

Edited by -Mark-

I got this game on my iPad, and I like it. It's pretty fun. But I think it would be a lot more fun if I could play it on my Android smartphone (the iPad is kind of big).

The music is just remixed music of the old versions of Sonic Jump.

I got the game, and I can't find Amy anywhere in the shop... =/

In the meantime at SEGA.

"Yo chief people on forums want someone else than Sonic to be playable. Should we do it in next console game?"

"Nah just put others in some phone game"

It's what making me mad in a nutshell. But yeah. Still won't buy it until it comes to Android. Since there are other characters art in the game I hope not only 4 are playable.

@Mark

Almost every iOS game plays with motion controls or tap controls. I thought I was extremely obvious that you have to tilt, especially for games that use the vertical climber formula. There really is no need for a tutorial that tells you "move your iPod left and right!" since it catches on incredibly fast. Doodle Jump is one of the most downloaded and played games so I'm going to guess many have already played a game like Sonic Jump.

Unfortunately, many people don't have time to unlock everything and businesses know this. Any game that uses currency usually fakes forever to accumulate. People don't want to spend many hours trying to unlock them so they fall into the overpriced unlock all category.

I'm at school right now so I will try to get the game once I come home. I saw it earlier on the App Store so I can't wait until I get it. Funny enough, I will be playing on my iPhone that I'm using right now (so yes, this post may have autocorrect fails and mistaps).

In the meantime at SEGA.

"Yo chief people on forums want someone else than Sonic to be playable. Should we do it in next console game?"

"Nah just put others in some phone game"

It's what making me mad in a nutshell.

You can say that when we know the next console game is Sonic only.

Edited by Gatestormer