Awoo.

Regarding NSFW/ecchi/whatever images.

Remy

The only thing that I'm wondering about is just where the line is drawn. Honestly, all of those images in the opening post would be considered NSFW by me, as in I'd never want my boss to see any of them on my screen if I was at work. :P The subjectivity is certainly high.

• Thumbs Up 1

@ Ragna: Everyone is a pervert to some degree; a sex drive is a natural part of being human, and our culture, sociology, and development ensures a lot of quirks to be had. I myself will listen to yaoi from time to time, but it has never crossed my mind to even consider using any part of the album covers for these works as an avatar, even if I thought I could get away with it by cropping or whatever. I just don't consider them appropriate for this forum, nor do I want to deal with the hassle of staff or disapproving members.

I don't have any real problems with this. Honestly, making avatars that are way too... "Sexualized".. Is just plain stupid.

It's like looking at a girl in high heels, short skirt and tight shirt on the street. It just looks like you're begging for attention.

Not to mention most Sonic fans are in the ages between 10-16. Kids these days act way too much like adults, and we really wouldn't be helping with NSFW images.

There's a certain line between the fanservice-like images, like Jez', and the NSFW images, like a lot of Soniko images.

Nobody has a problem with some fanservice, but NSFW is crossing the line.

I'm not saying you don't have the freedom to choose your avatar, I'm just saying that you need to keep other people into account too.

Edited by Jin Hakumen Kisaragi
  • Thumbs Up 6

There's a time and a place for boobies, personally I don't think a Sonic the Hedgehog fansite falls into either of those... but, eh. laugh.png

Remz, I don't care how much shit some people may give you for this, it only gives me another excuse to love the mods. <3

Because let's face it-we're a Sonic board primarily. Sonic's for kids. I'm not saying that we have to always focus on Sonic, that's not the point. For example, whenever I'm browsing the SSMB, and my brother's on the PS3, if he glances back, he's generally disgusted to see what some people post.

I realise that people have different tastes, but seriously-there are dedicated boards for that stuff. Stick to them for all this NSFW bullshit.

• Thumbs Up 2

*walks away slowly*

All my girls are clothed, SFW material before someone brings it up.

No more sexy avatars for you Blue. sad.png

You know, if you said yourself that all of your avatars have been safe for work so far, why are you saying you have to stop? Makes no sense, the rule's not getting any stricter, it's just being reaffirmed as far as I understand now.

Keep talking about me as if i'm not here why don't you.

What about my old bikini avatar i had before Halloween/Sexy Girl week? i suppose that's too risque for this board too? being intense cleavage and all. :l

• Thumbs Up 1

What about my old bikini avatar i had before Halloween/Sexy Girl week? i suppose that's too risque for this board too? being intense cleavage and all. :l

They only recently came to a decision.

Keep talking about me as if i'm not here why don't you.

Well there was nothing really sensual about it, so not really.

What about my non-sega/sonic collection thread? it's full of anime T&A in figure form, although i did tell the posters to post soft stuff in spoiler tags so they're hidden from people not wanting to see that stuff, and it's at the mods discretion whether it's acceptable or not...

• Thumbs Up 1

What about mine? It's a minor wearing only a night gown in a sexually-charged pose.

IE I appreciate the idea behind this policing, but just find it too damn subjective for it to make any sense; But hey, the mods are the ones who have the last say.

• Thumbs Up 1

What about my non-sega/sonic collection thread? it's full of anime T&A in figure form, although i did tell the posters to post soft stuff in spoiler tags so they're hidden from people not wanting to see that stuff, and it's at the mods discretion whether it's acceptable or not...

Partially because it's warned and because the really bad stuff is put in spoiler tags.

What about mine? It's a minor wearing only a night gown in a sexually-charged pose.

IE I appreciate the idea behind this policing, but just find it too damn subjective for it to make any sense; But hey, the mods are the ones who have the last say.

That's what it is? Meh, it doesn't look that NSFW if I can't even make out what it is..

Wait I keep reading that some of the pics members post are NSFW......but other than the profile pics I can't think of a time where a pic like that was posted on a topic. Or are you guys talking about the profile/avatar pics?

King Boom Boo has arms as nipples.

My brain has been diagnosed as slightly different to others. So I am slightly confused. For one thing, I'm not sure what "smut" is and I don't get why the word "boobs" is supposed to be funny. The human body is a masterpiece of art and it's okay to appreciate it in my book. Although I find the male body ugly as sin, and feel sorry for straight women. No offence guys, but just...look at us. What the hell is that??

When I'm at my local library checking on SSMB, everyone gathers around me. They love it here. *Dude, I'm telling them. Shut up!* It's the - *Stop breathing on me!!*

I still can't get my head around some things, but if that's the rules, then fine...

Just don't pick on Soniko-Chan, she's my friend. smile.png

How is that in any way sexually charged? D= She's just sitting there. Your avatar is completely non-sexual to me (and uhh... if it's a minor then quite right too).

I mean geez I was concerned that mine was sort of walking the line a little bit but I'm guessing the fact that mine doesn't really "focus" on intimate parts of the sake of in-your-face titilation is a factor in its acceptableness or something? If so then, I dunno, to be honest my fellow pervs, I'm not having that much trouble understanding the criteria here personally.

I was being facetious in regards to mine, though in the context of the show it's from there is a lot of sexuality in it :V Just wanted to show how utterly subjective this thing is, tbh.

If so then, I dunno, to be honest my fellow pervs, I'm not having that much trouble understanding the criteria here personally.

Really? Because I am.

...erm...I mean understanding the criteria, not being a fellow perv. I'm not a perv, I'm an Otaku...there's a difference...>.>...<.<...

When I was younger, I would've considered something like this to be in the ball park of being "smut".

http://c23576.r76.cf...squarebutts.jpg

A lot of western cartoons do that, I don't understand why it's supposed to be funny...also, try not to confused my own confusion for sarcasm. I am not being sarcastic, I honestly do think that way. I don't mean any disrespect to anyone or anything like that...

I really doubt there would be an issue if someone had that picture as their profile picture or avatar, because intent does have a lot to do with it. The OP even alluded to that, since one picture stylized one way and a very similar picture in terms of what is "shown" stylized another way usually meaning very different things in terms of SFW/NSFW.

I don't think everyone is a pervert, to me only those who are deliberately making others feel unsafe in a sexual manner are perverts.

Just because I like artistic nudity does not make me a perv, just means I think that kind of art is pretty.

As for NSFW, not my style as those make me feel uncomfortable.

I don't think everyone is a pervert, to me only those who are deliberately making others feel unsafe in a sexual manner are perverts.

Just because I like artistic nudity does not make me a perv, just means I think that kind of art is pretty.

As for NSFW, not my style as those make me feel uncomfortable.

I'm not uncomfortable around anything NSFW. But the point here is that most of the Sonic fanbase is too young for it.

Besides, where did you get pervert from? We're talking about pictures being NSFW, not discussing wether the users using them are perverts or not.