Awoo.

Regarding NSFW/ecchi/whatever images.

Remy

Male Sonic characters are all rocking out with their cock out, so I guess I should change my stuff too.

Now that's taking it way too far. Male Sonic characters are blatantly de-sexualized, with no junk in site.

Or what Frogging101 said.

Also..........

NSFW & SFW is basically at a viewers discretion at what they deem SFW & NSFW.

This.

Edited by Zero

Hunter

Don't cry

You can find your animu pron in other places

seriously, cut this crap, he has a point.

Also Sean thanks for clarifying my topic and not purging it, gives me time to sort this stuff out.

i don't sell anime figurines here, nor do i intend to, i stick to my figure collection for that sort of stuff, the thread is merely to show off our recent pre-orders/purchases that fall outside of the Sonic minority, because of my topic i've made some good friends and also pulled a few people from their shy shells into posting more and generally being friendly. The topic isn't just for posting figure T&A, you can post books, games, misc. merch as long as it's not sonic etc.

I never said you guys where out to mock me, or build crusade against me, and i'm not taking a fucking hissy fit Tornado, so don't you dare say i am, i was merely expressing my original pic wasn't really cause for alarm since it was pretty harmless but i wouldn't mind removing it if you guys had forwarded me a message or something, instead of jokingly defacing it like some child (no offence Remy)

I stand by these rules because they are needed, but i think NSFW & SFW is basically at a viewers discretion at what they deem SFW & NSFW.

and i'm not taking a fucking hissy fit Tornado, so don't you dare say i am,

Here's a thought then:

was a joke, but look who's taking it seriously now?
If we're supposed to be child friendly, then maybe the board should not endorse so much foul language, hostile debates and general disrespect in the status feed, despite that Thread Roareye wrote up?
Despite all your comparing and blues clues,
lately it seems like the Mods are intentionally purging any form of fun from the forums, first the no silly names in the status, badgering me because my grammar apparently sucks because i missed a Capital letter from the beginning of one of my posts(despite being dyslexic) now this un-needed topic?
if you had such a problem with it why didn't you just PM me a NO-NO Soniko! and i'd of rectified this minor problem myself.
But whatever, continue modding and stuff like you guys do until you find the next rule to put in place to make this place an even tighter vice than it already is.
no, i'd of rather you told me via personal message like i said, or at least, sent a PM AFTER you defaced the image in my profile (which i saw the light side of) but you try to act all "not cool, i fixed it for you" and you only painted over her back and her legs... so that's proof against your "smut" claim.
why don't you take a cruise through other people's profiles?
don't kid yourself Remy, i've got the picture lined up next to it, and you've by far blown the ball out of the park as it's nowhere near as bad as you claim it to be
you guys only see your calls with MOD VISIONS instead of seeing it from the Members' point of view as well.

Stop making it look like one.

Edited by Tornado
  • Thumbs Up 8

Remz, I don't care how much shit some people may give you for this, it only gives me another excuse to love the mods. <3

Because let's face it-we're a Sonic board primarily. Sonic's for kids. I'm not saying that we have to always focus on Sonic, that's not the point. For example, whenever I'm browsing the SSMB, and my brother's on the PS3, if he glances back, he's generally disgusted to see what some people post.

I realise that people have different tastes, but seriously-there are dedicated boards for that stuff. Stick to them for all this NSFW bullshit.

What is so disgusting? In all my 6 years being on here I haven't seen or read that has offended me and if it was breaking the rules it was swiftly deleted.

I am sorry but why should we have to shield thin skinned users/minors from things or shield things from people because they are Christians? Nobody wanted to shield me when I first joined here when things were more "liberal" (Sorry it was in someways not I am saying this place is that different now but it was in someways) I was 15 when I started using the internet and to be honest I didn't expect the mods or admins to because I guess its my responsibility same goes for anywhere else on the net.

I mean where do we draw the line. I am not saying lets go crazy but as an older user I hope this doesn't lead to censorship of certain topics because I don't think its fair on the certain users who are more "hardened" to certain discussions.

Then I again I have seen so much toe curling stuff on the net, I am kind of used to it.

I would say create maybe a mature section but that wouldn't be fair and that would seem exclusive to those who can't or don't want to be apart of.sleep.png

@ Hunter: It's not really a new can of worms because intent was already used in the op to define an image as NSFW regardless of clothing. If a character's in a suggestive position, as Sonic is in that image, then it's suggestive, plain and simple, even with his normal clothing on. JezMM's avatar is in a fairly neutral position, but it could potentially get nailed for the clothing alone.

I really just feel this issue is a lot more simple and a lot less dramatic than people are making it out to be, even if you want to make a slippery slope out of the subjectivity of determining whether or not something is NSFW.

seriously, cut this crap, he has a point.

You know, I don't think he does. This is a Sonic forum. Even if most people on the board are not minors, it's just a level of maturity that isn't really called for here. Even if it wasn't a Sonic forum, the same thing can still apply in many places. The people browsing the site aren't browsing it for sexual images or discussions (if they are, they're in the wrong place). On the internet, there's are many websites for almost any subject matter you can imagine. And there's a place for everything. Personally, I don't think SSMB is the place for sex talk or imagery. Again, this is true for many sites; it simply isn't the place for it.

It's not so much about shielding minors as it is about keeping certain things in their proper places.

Edited by Frogging101
  • Thumbs Up 3

Eh? Well uh, that's sure interesting. Posted an image completely safe for work, satirical of the subject at hand, and contributed to the discussion by presenting a definitive example of subjectivity regarding the current conversational topic, and the post got deleted.

Fair and balanced discussion here, guys.

Edited by HunterTSF
  • Thumbs Up 2

Here's a thought then:

Stop making it look like one.

I'm biting my tongue and i'm not gonna reply to this how i want to.

Whatever.

You guys are so caught up in this discussion, you can't even tell that I was obviously joking.

Oh....sorry. I missed the obvious joke like an idiot.

I'm just getting really steamed over this. I mean when you can't even have an avatar of a fully clothed woman in a admittedly sensual pose, that's just taking the NSFW thing way too far in my opinion.

Eh? Well uh, that's sure interesting. Posted an image completely safe for work, satirical of the subject at hand, and contributed to the discussion by presenting a definitive example of subjectivity regarding the current conversational topic, and the post got deleted.

I deleted it, and a couple of other posts that, to be honest, were kind of unnecessary. Yours didn't feel like it was contributing to the discussion more than it seemed like a satirical response to a post that missed a joke.

None of these were exactly contributing to much at all frankly and were only really adding the unnecessary kind of fuel to the fire here. It's turning an awful lot like the previous topic we had about status updates and it's making this entire subject bloated.

This topic might very much take that direction again if things don't simmer down.

I'm sorry but my mind automatically turned to Fox News :U

Edited by Solkia-kun
  • Thumbs Up 2

Fair and balanced discussion here, guys. It's a darn shame what this forum's come to.

I wouldn't call the pic you posted "completely safe for work". It was a racy pic of a cartoony video game character taking his clothes off on a bed while blushing. Srsly. :|

And why are you and others making out like this forum's on some kind of downward spiral because it's cracking down on material it deems NSFW? I really don't feel like the ultimate aims of staff and the actions they take warrant this kind of melodrama, nor do I believe you're being deprived of any significant freedom in regards to signature and avatar usage. As I said before, there are trillions of pictures out there to use that take from anime or Japanese-styled art that aren't sensual or sexual, but still good and awesome work in their own right, and you have significant liberty here to make a wide range of avatars and signatures from those works, whereas there's plenty of other forums that don't even allow such privilege at all. So why then does your experience on the forum rely so heavily on the issue of sensual or racy avatars, because to me there's no real ulterior point about "lack of freedom" to be made from creating outrage over this.

Edited by Meito Anizawa
  • Thumbs Up 1

SSMB

STAHP

"There are two kinds of people on this forum.

Ones who like tits and ones who don't.

-puffs cigarette-

Pick a side. Last one to get banned wins."

RATED NSFW. COMING TO THEATERS THIS SUMMER.

Edited by Sexy n' Smooth Wario
  • Thumbs Up 8

Darn shame what this forum's come to. A respectable and pleasant environment that isn't overly saturated with raunchy, scandalously clad, anime women with massive mammary glands. Yeah, what a fucking shame that is.

There was never an oversaturation, it was only a few people.

Edited by Zero

Okay, you know what;

This topic might very much take that direction again if things don't simmer down.

Effective immediately. Rational and sensible doesn't seem to be an option these days.