Awoo.

Questions

ultim8life4rm

So I am a new member here, and I have a few questions about the site. If I'm posting this in the wrong section, please let me know so I can ask the right people.

How do I post comments in the News/Front Page? Do I have to acquire a certain status, and if so, how?

Do paradoxes and similar things count as trolling (just checking, I'd hate to be removed for that)?

How does one become a staff member? Can a forum member become a staff member?

I'm sure these questions have already been answered somewhere, but I couldn't find the answers.

Thanks!

So I am a new member here, and I have a few questions about the site. If I'm posting this in the wrong section, please let me know so I can ask the right people.

How do I post comments in the News/Front Page? Do I have to acquire a certain status, and if so, how?

Do paradoxes and similar things count as trolling (just checking, I'd hate to be removed for that)?

How does one become a staff member? Can a forum member become a staff member?

I'm sure these questions have already been answered somewhere, but I couldn't find the answers.

Thanks!

Doesn't hurt to ask nonetheless, so welcome aboard back to activity on TSS!

To answer your questions,

1. All you need to post on the front page is an email address and a name, which you can type into the comment boxes of each article at the bottom of the page.

2. By paradoxes, you mean what exactly? Can you be a bit more clear?

3. Yes, forum members can become staff members (that's how it goes anyway), but unfortunately, it isn't something that's done out of a member's request, whether he's new, veteran, or otherwise.

-Moderators are fine and dandy as they are at the moment, and see no need to add another to their ranks when they're doing plenty a good job on their own as is.

-As for site staff running the news and articles, the crew isn't looking for anyone to fill any shoes either. Positions that needed to be filled are already taken, so we've got enough folks on hand!

Simply put: if we need extra hands, we'll come a-knockin' around the neighbourhood to those who we think would be a wonderful addition to the site's crew, or put up a notice, depending on what we need from the community here.

Hope this clarifies things for you! If you have any other questions, you can PM me if you wish!

• Thumbs Up 4

The main site uses Wordpress, whereas the forums uses IP board. Since they are different systems, you simply enter a nickname & your email at the bottom, and then post your comment. You don't need a certain status to do so.

Edited by -L-
  • Thumbs Up 1

Thank you, gentlemen. That really helped!

By paradoxes I mean stuff like "you just lost the game." I'm only asking this because I've heard stories about people on other forums getting banned for posting similar things and getting banned because some guy found it "offensive."

By paradoxes I mean stuff like "you just lost the game." I'm only asking this because I've heard stories about people on other forums getting banned for posting similar things and getting banned because some guy found it "offensive."

Well, if there's any action to be taken for a post like that, it'd probably be due to spamming. As long as you put some actual content into your posts, you should be just fine.

Edited by Komodin