Awoo.

Iron Man 3

Winston

Iron-man-3-logo.jpg

Info

Iron Man 3 is an upcoming American superhero film featuring the Marvel Comics character Iron Man, produced by Marvel Studios and distributed by Walt Disney Pictures. It will be the sequel to Iron Man and Iron Man 2 and will be the seventh installment in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, being the first major release in that franchise since the crossover film The Avengers. Shane Black is set to direct a screenplay by himself and Drew Pearce, which will be based on the "Extremis" story arc by Warren Ellis. Jon Favreau, who directed the first two films, serves as executive producer, along with Kevin Feige. Robert Downey, Jr. reprises his role as Tony Stark, with Gwyneth Paltrow, Don Cheadle and Favreau reprising their roles as Pepper Potts, James Rhodes and Happy Hogan, respectively. Guy Pearce, Rebecca Hall, Stephanie Szostak, James Badge Dale and Ben Kingsley round out the film's principal cast. After the release of Iron Man 2, The Walt Disney Company, Marvel Entertainment's new corporate parent, agreed to pay Paramount Pictures, the distributor of the first two Iron Man films, $115 million for the worldwide distribution rights to both Iron Man 3 and The Avengers. Favreau decided not to return as director, and in February 2011 Black was hired as the film's director. Throughout April and May 2012, the film's supporting cast was filled out, with Kingsley, Pearce, and Hall brought in to portray key roles. Filming began on May 23, 2012 and it was shot primarily in North Carolina, with additional filming scheduled to take place in Florida and China. Iron Man 3 is scheduled to be released on May 3, 2013, and the film will be converted to 3D in post-production.

Release Date

May 3, 2013

Plot

When an enemy disrupts that which industrialist Tony Stark/Iron Man holds most dear, he must rely on his ingenuity to protect those closest to him. Along the way, he discovers the answer to a question which has haunted him: does the suit define him, or does the man make the suit?

Cast

• Robert Downey, Jr. as Tony Stark / Iron Man
  • Gwyneth Paltrow as Virginia "Pepper" Potts
  • Don Cheadle as James "Rhodey" Rhodes / War Machine
  • Guy Pearce as Aldrich Killian
  • Rebecca Hall as Dr. Maya Hansen
  • James Badge Dale as Eric Savin
  • Jon Favreau as Happy Hogan
  • Ben Kingsley as The Mandarin
  • Ashley Hamilton as Jack Taggert / Firepower
  • Wang Xueqi as Chen Lu

Trailer

Teaser

Edited by Diz
Locked on author's request.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Johnny Boy

• Kuzu

• Winston

• Crash

Popular Days

Welp, time get on that hype train.

So they're doing the Extremis arc? I admit the only thing about I know about it are from what I've seen in the Armored Adventures version of it, but I do know the eventual outcome. TIME TO ROCK A WIKI>

Edited by Ragna the Bloodedge

Does this need a thread since we already have a Marvel Cinematic universe thread?

Agreed. Plus I saw the trailer for this in that thread as well.

Hype! Even though Disney could mess it up.

Well they didn't mess up the avengers so I'm not worried about them messing up this.