Awoo.

Disney Infinity.

Klinsy

So that's the list of slots, and all the characters in the poll can fit?

Sounds to me like the poll is more for "who should we do NEXT" rather than "who should we do PERIOD", and every character in the poll will get into the game. Its just a priority thing.

That's my impression too; I can't really think of other Disney characters that could be in 3.0 outside of whats in the poll (outside of other carton shows Disney has like Star vs. The Forces of Evil, Gravity Falls and Wonder over Yonder), so that guess list I made is something I mostly expect to happen :). 

That's my impression too; I can't really think of other Disney characters that could be in 3.0 outside of whats in the poll (outside of other carton shows Disney has like Star vs. The Forces of Evil, Gravity Falls and Wonder over Yonder), so that guess list I made is something I mostly expect to happen :). 

Well, the poll also does say "which character do you want to see NEXT" which is even more interesting.

As for KH, I'm not quite sure if they'd do that many characters.

Another possible expansions for Disney Infinity too, though, is X-Men. That's an extremely expansive cast. Of course, at the same time, getting the licensing for the X-Men could be troublesome, but the game licensing isn't the same as the films. They're probably just putting the X-Men on lower priority due to the films being by 20th Century Fox. They could easily tout the "X-Men" as the next big thing and starting to put everyone from the X-Men into the picture, but basing them on the original comic book characters (or maybe the cartoons) as opposed to the movies they don't own.

Well, the poll also does say "which character do you want to see NEXT" which is even more interesting.

As for KH, I'm not quite sure if they'd do that many characters.

Another possible expansions for Disney Infinity too, though, is X-Men. That's an extremely expansive cast. Of course, at the same time, getting the licensing for the X-Men could be troublesome, but the game licensing isn't the same as the films. They're probably just putting the X-Men on lower priority due to the films being by 20th Century Fox. They could easily tout the "X-Men" as the next big thing and starting to put everyone from the X-Men into the picture, but basing them on the original comic book characters (or maybe the cartoons) as opposed to the movies they don't own.

Regarding X-Man and Fantastic Four.....those will not appear in ANY gaming form handled by Disney due to them being pissed about not owning the movie rights to them....so, I highly doubt they will roll out X-Men as the next big characters for the Marvel side of things as they don't want to advertise for Fox :(. You make a good point about gaming licensing being different from film licensing, but if they really wanted X-Men in Infinity, they would have put Wolverine as part of the Avengers cast with the first wave of Marvel figures. 

If Marvel decided to put X-Men characters in Infinity though, I could see these be the characters for it: Wolverine, Beast, Cyclops, Jean Grey, Shadow Cat, Rouge, Gambit, Magnetto, and Mystique. If they also want to include the Fantastic Four (not likely due to it advertising the upcoming film), they could have these guys in it too: Mr. Fantastic, Invisible Woman, The Thing, Johnny Blaze, She-Hulk (was a member of the group in the comics), and Dr. Doom. 

I think with KH, if they decide to include them in 4.0, I could see just Sora, Riku, King Mickey, KH Donald, KH Goofy and Kiri as the characters for it alongside a playset. In fact, KH's is the best way to fix the big issues with Disney figures in playsets not working with each other; the KH playset will let EVERY Disney character work, as the KH's world has Disney characters interacting with each other all the time :). 

Regarding X-Man and Fantastic Four.....those will not appear in ANY gaming form handled by Disney due to them being pissed about not owning the movie rights to them....so, I highly doubt they will roll out X-Men as the next big characters for the Marvel side of things as they don't want to advertise for Fox :(. You make a good point about gaming licensing being different from film licensing, but if they really wanted X-Men in Infinity, they would have put Wolverine as part of the Avengers cast with the first wave of Marvel figures. 

If Marvel decided to put X-Men characters in Infinity though, I could see these be the characters for it: Wolverine, Beast, Cyclops, Jean Grey, Shadow Cat, Rouge, Gambit, Magnetto, and Mystique. If they also want to include the Fantastic Four (not likely due to it advertising the upcoming film), they could have these guys in it too: Mr. Fantastic, Invisible Woman, The Thing, Johnny Blaze, She-Hulk (was a member of the group in the comics), and Dr. Doom. 

I think with KH, if they decide to include them in 4.0, I could see just Sora, Riku, King Mickey, KH Donald, KH Goofy and Kiri as the characters for it alongside a playset. In fact, KH's is the best way to fix the big issues with Disney figures in playsets not working with each other; the KH playset will let EVERY Disney character work, as the KH's world has Disney characters interacting with each other all the time :). 

"Sora, Riku, King Mickey, KH Donald, KH Goofy and Kairi"

These are the main ones I see happening as well. Donald could be called "Mage Donald" and Goofy as "Knight Goofy" or something like that.

"Wolverine, Beast, Cyclops, Jean Grey, Shadow Cat, Rouge, Gambit, Magnetto, and Mystique"

Damnit don't taunt me. I'd buy it just for Shadow Cat. Easily my favorite Marvel character. Granted, she is one of the main X-Men, so it'd make sense she'd be considered... I was just disappointing because her moveset couldn't be translate to LEGO Marvel Superheroes, so out of all the massive numbers of characters in it, Kitty and Rogue got shafted.

Oh, you missed several big ones as well: Ice Man, Storm and Colossus notably. At the very least they would have Ice Man and Storm for sure.

The Fantastic Four are really big names in Marvel as well. They'd probably be included not due to the movie but just because they're a big Marvel franchise.

EDIT: Well, damn. If Alice and the Mad Hatter aren't added now they will be soon (with potentially the Red Queen added later): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alice_Through_the_Looking_Glass_(film)

Didn't realize they were working on a sequel.

Edited by JaidynReiman

If they DO make Kingdom Hearts: Disney Infinity 4.0, then let's hope that Square Enix doesn't just tell them to ditch the Wii U (or the NX, for that matter), in favor of the more Square-Friendly PS3/PS4 and XBox 360/XBox One. It's a stupid idea to just use Nintendo Of America ONLY for Bravely Default, and not Final Fantasy or Dragon Quest, or even Kingdom Hearts for the handhelds.

Also, you seem to forget some of the most obscure and meta Marvel Characters: Howard the Duck and Deadpool! Just imagine the feathers ruffled between Howard and Donald! Yeah, I heard from a friend that Howard the Duck appeared on Ultimate Spider-Man, as did Deadpool, and I'm perfectly fine with Will Friedle voicing Deadpool in Disney Infinity, because that helps him be a bit family-friendly.

Edited by YoshiAngemon

If they DO make Kingdom Hearts: Disney Infinity 4.0, then let's hope that Square Enix doesn't just tell them to ditch the Wii U (or the NX, for that matter), in favor of the more Square-Friendly PS3/PS4 and XBox 360/XBox One. It's a stupid idea to just use Nintendo Of America ONLY for Bravely Default, and not Final Fantasy or Dragon Quest, or even Kingdom Hearts for the handhelds.

Also, you seem to forget some of the most obscure and meta Marvel Characters: Howard the Duck and Deadpool! Just imagine the feathers ruffled between Howard and Donald! Yeah, I heard from a friend that Howard the Duck appeared on Ultimate Spider-Man, as did Deadpool, and I'm perfectly fine with Will Friedle voicing Deadpool in Disney Infinity, because that helps him be a bit family-friendly.

Odds are they wouldn't skip the Wii U because Disney wouldn't allow it. Disney would be in charge of everything, at max Square (or Nomura specifically) might have -some- involvement in explaining story details. Disney wants Infinity to be on pretty much everything.

• 4 weeks later...

Just keeping this thread fresh in the hearts. Here's who's been confirmed as newcomers of 3.0:

- Nick Wilde (Zootopia)

- Judy Hopps (Zootopia)

- Spot (the human from The Good Dinosaur)

- Artist's Choice: Peter Pan, scheduled to show up in 4.0, a year from now.

- The Ultimate Unlock: Keyblade!

The Marvel Playset is called "Marvel Battlegrounds," and is the first to feature 4P Local Co-Op Gameplay (I'm guessing plug in a second Disney Infinity Base). Hulkbuster and Ultron will most likely come with the Playset.

And the one Power Disc we'll never get, due to it being OVERPRICED AND a D23 Exclusive, King Mickey Costume for Mickey Mouse.

Personally, I'd like to play as a naked Mickey, like from "No Service" and "Mickey Monkey," but they'll probably give us Musketeer Mickey and Princess Minnie as part of a "Three Musketeers Power Disc Pack," since we already have Musketeer Donald. Or for Disney Infinity Day 2016, we'll probably get King Mickey as a Figure as either a KH3 Pre-Order Bonus on site OR as part of a PS Vita Toy Box Edition Starter Pack, like with Black Suit Spidey. I still need his Alien Symbiote Power Disc.

Edited by YoshiAngemon

There's also this video I found:

Could hint at Kim Possible coming, but its only a rumor at this point brought up by a comment made by Christy Carlson Romano (the voice actor of Kim Possible) about getting a "last-minute" big video game role.

Okay, so Disney Infinity. Ever since it was announced I've wanted to get into it, being a huge Disney fan. But the whole Skylanders thing turned me off. It's such a cash grab and I don't exactly have tons of money to spend on expensive video games and figures these days. 

But now I'm sorta wanting to get into it slowly. The thing is though, I heard that every figure and playset is exclusive to the version they came out with. Is that really true? Because that's inexcusable. In this day and age, especially, with digital updates being available, why can't each game be an expansion pack? Is this not a sandbox game? Because I don't see a reason why it would be this way. Can someone confirm that stuff from 1.0 and 2.0 really don't work with 3.0? Or even 1.0 on 2.0?

Every figurine from 1.0 and 2.0 can be used in 3.0, but Playsets only work in the games they were introduced in.

Screen-Shot-2015-06-29-at-1.56.40-PM.png

But yeah, I agree, the games really should be downloadable upgrades IMO. Keep the boxed 2.0 and 3.0 Upgrades for Newcomers, but why can't the owners of 2.0 upgrade to 3.0 for like, I dunno, 15 or 20 bucks, without having to go out and buy a whole new game with figurines you might not even want and another Infinity Base you don't need? I feel like that would be a much better solution.

• Thumbs Up 1

Buying the game disc itself isn't that big of a deal to me, I can find the older game discs cheap. Although it IS stupid you can't just play the playsets with any disc.

Like @ElectricAngel, I'm slowly picking up a few figures I want, and I want to get JUST the playsets.

But is it seriously true that the ONLY way to get a playset is to buy the entire pack with the characters in it and everything? Because this would also mean that in 1.0, I may have to buy the whole STARTER pack just to get the playsets. I ONLY want the Marvel playsets and The Incredibles right now. It also makes buying used figures that come in the playset packs TOTALLY POINTLESS. Which is also why there's so many online for extremely cheap (Jack Sparrow, Mr. Incredible, and Sulley namely).

I've been trying to find a way to buy JUST a playset, but I haven't been able to find that anywhere.

I don't think they sell the game separately at all. Every store I've seen (even online) has the starter pack for each version. It's the only way to get the game and the playset in the starter pack. Assuming you want the playset though, I don't see why it'd be a problem. The problem with me is, I like all the playsets in 1.0, but in 2.0 there's nothing for me aside Donald Duck's figure and in 3.0 the only playset I like it the Inside Out one. I haven't seen the film yet, but you know, I just don't really care for Star Wars or Marvel. I'm as irritated as you in this case. I don't want to be forced to buy the Star Wars playset. 

One thing you could do is buy a software + playset bundle that retailers seem to be doing. So you could get the 3.0 game and the Inside Out playset bundle (just as an example) and then the only thing left would be a base which you can get new (still in bag)  from ebay for a reasonable price. You essentially create your own starter pack by doing it that way and it means you don't have to get the Star Wars stuff if you don't want it.

I personally picked up the 2.0 Marvel starter pack the other day to get myself into Infinity and I'll get that Inside Out bundle shortly after release. 

Every figurine from 1.0 and 2.0 can be used in 3.0, but Playsets only work in the games they were introduced in.

Screen-Shot-2015-06-29-at-1.56.40-PM.png

But yeah, I agree, the games really should be downloadable upgrades IMO. Keep the boxed 2.0 and 3.0 Upgrades for Newcomers, but why can't the owners of 2.0 upgrade to 3.0 for like, I dunno, 15 or 20 bucks, without having to go out and buy a whole new game with figurines you might not even want and another Infinity Base you don't need? I feel like that would be a much better solution.

They have the disc out so it would save hard drive space on your game systems. They could've released the Game Digitally on the same day, but then they would have to release the Twilight of the Republic Play Set on the same day, individually. So, until the day the Starting Play Set is available on its own for 3.0, you're gonna have to wait for the Digital release of 3.0, next year. But I think having a second base around will guarantee you 4P Local Co-Op when Marvel Battlegrounds comes out. Besides, I once saw someone on Facebook modify one of their spare Bases into a workable AT-AT Disney Infinity Base, complete with storage for it!

Edited by YoshiAngemon

I don't think they sell the game separately at all. Every store I've seen (even online) has the starter pack for each version. It's the only way to get the game and the playset in the starter pack. Assuming you want the playset though, I don't see why it'd be a problem. The problem with me is, I like all the playsets in 1.0, but in 2.0 there's nothing for me aside Donald Duck's figure and in 3.0 the only playset I like it the Inside Out one. I haven't seen the film yet, but you know, I just don't really care for Star Wars or Marvel. I'm as irritated as you in this case. I don't want to be forced to buy the Star Wars playset. 

You can buy the game separately from used game stores if someone happens to trade one in at all, at least i've seen just the game itself and nothing else at a disc replay near me for like 10 bucks.

You can buy the game separately from used game stores if someone happens to trade one in at all, at least i've seen just the game itself and nothing else at a disc replay near me for like 10 bucks.

Yeah well there's a problem with that. Used games aren't a huge thing where I live. Especially in the Middle East, forget about it. Greece has only one store I can think of, and they tend to only have sports games. But the thing you and Liam said shouldn't be options. I shouldn't have to go out of my way to buy something from eBay or a used game store. The company should provide the customer with options on how they want to buy their product. For example, with what Nintendo did with Wii Fit and Wii Fit U. There were several different bundles. You could buy just the game, or the game with the Balance Board, and I believe also one with the pedometer. 

Now I know this is just me being nitpicky, so I'll stop. It still does suck though how playsets aren't universally compatible. That's my biggest gripe with the game. 

Yeah well there's a problem with that. Used games aren't a huge thing where I live. Especially in the Middle East, forget about it. Greece has only one store I can think of, and they tend to only have sports games. But the thing you and Liam said shouldn't be options. I shouldn't have to go out of my way to buy something from eBay or a used game store. The company should provide the customer with options on how they want to buy their product. For example, with what Nintendo did with Wii Fit and Wii Fit U. There were several different bundles. You could buy just the game, or the game with the Balance Board, and I believe also one with the pedometer. 

Now I know this is just me being nitpicky, so I'll stop. It still does suck though how playsets aren't universally compatible. That's my biggest gripe with the game. 

Oh no its not being nitpicky at all, if anything your right about there needing to be someway to just buy the game instead of spending an unnecessary amount of money when all you need is the game itself, I was just putting the option out there since it didn't seem like you tried buying it that way yet.

Here's some trailers from D23 if you haven't seen them yet.

Hulkbuster and Ultron:

These guys look a lot of fun to play as! Can't wait to get them!

Twilight Of The Republic Playset:

This trailer shows off some of the planets and characters you'll meet. Naboo, Tatooine, Coruscant and Geonosis are shown off. You also see villains such as Darth Maul, Cad Bane, Jabba The Hutt, General Grievous and even the freaking Death Watch! Never thought I'd see these guys in this game!

Edited by Failinhearts

Just to clear a few things up, you can buy the game on it's own in the UK at least. So importing that is always an option.

They are also releasing the game digitally on Day One for a reduced price on PS3/4 and Wii-U for $19.99. Xbox 360/Xbox One is also getting it however they aren't getting the reduced price. They are also selling the Twilight of the Republic Pack individually on sites such as Amazon.

And the reason that playsets aren't forwards compatible is because 2.0, and I believe 3.0, runs on a different engine, so a lot of errors occur. They have said in the past that they would be able to work on them but it'd take time and money away from stuff like more characters.

Alright, @KHCast, you might be right after all. Kim Possible might be coming to Disney Infinity after all. Thanks @Steven Tyler for bringing this to my attention. John Vignocci, the VP of Production (and the most enthausiastic guy in the Toys-To-Life industry since Activision's Lou Studdert) released this picture on Instagram.

• Thumbs Up 1

Alright, @KHCast, you might be right after all. Kim Possible might be coming to Disney Infinity after all. Thanks @Steven Tyler for bringing this to my attention. John Vignocci, the VP of Production (and the most enthausiastic guy in the Toys-To-Life industry since Activision's Lou Studdert) released this picture on Instagram.

I actually pointed out a video a couple days ago where they mentioned that Christy Carlson Romano said she had been called in for a video game role. She actually was on that poll but she didn't do -that- well. However, I think she did well enough. I think we're going to get Darkwing Duck, Mabel, and Kim Possible announced at about the same time.

Good, I really wanted to see Kim join. She's definitely a figure I'll be picking up.

EDIT: Keep in mind, Kim was never confirmed before this point. For whoever said they saw Kim confirmed, it was false, but that didn't mean she wasn't coming, and this basically confirms that she is.

EDIT 2: My mistake, I posted the video yesterday, not a couple days ago. :P

Edited by JaidynReiman

That would be awesome, perhaps enough to finally get me into this, don't get me wrong I like some of the concepts and it looks fun, I just hate all the characters being locked behind a paywall(and I've heard the wii-u versions have gotten nerfed, which stinks)

I've seen some 2.0 base packs going cheap now, though whatever happens will have to wait until I get a job

Yeah, 2.0 on the Wii U was a bit of a rush job but according to a Tweet from Johnny V, 3.0 will be as equal as possible to the other consoles this time.

I actually pointed out a video a couple days ago where they mentioned that Christy Carlson Romano said she had been called in for a video game role. She actually was on that poll but she didn't do -that- well. However, I think she did well enough. I think we're going to get Darkwing Duck, Mabel, and Kim Possible announced at about the same time.

Good, I really wanted to see Kim join. She's definitely a figure I'll be picking up.

EDIT: Keep in mind, Kim was never confirmed before this point. For whoever said they saw Kim confirmed, it was false, but that didn't mean she wasn't coming, and this basically confirms that she is.

What if it's not Kim she's doing? Remember, she also voices Yuffie Kiseragi in Kingdom Hearts. She could just be doing lines as Yuffie in Kingdom Hearts III.

Yeah, 2.0 on the Wii U was a bit of a rush job but according to a Tweet from Johnny V, 3.0 will be as equal as possible to the other consoles this time.

that's too bad since I love Marvel stuff, I mean 1.0 I can skip, but Marvel XD

also that last bit "as possible" sounds like an excuse, since it's more powerful than 360/PS3 and should be on par if not slightly better than those versions. and it's not like this series is taxing on graphics

Also I love Kim Possible, grew up watching the show with my sisters, and record it on the rare occasion it's on Disney replay. Her and Darkwing duck would be a sick combo