Awoo.

Disney Infinity.

Klinsy

Well, there's still a Marvel Playset for 3.0. We also have Hulkbuster, Ultron and Ant-Man as newcomers from the Marvel side.

Ant-Man you say? I'm not sure if this was posted before but this was back from SDCC.

CKJSKLVWoAArDrh.jpg

Edited by Failinhearts
  • Thumbs Up 1

What if it's not Kim she's doing? Remember, she also voices Yuffie Kiseragi in Kingdom Hearts. She could just be doing lines as Yuffie in Kingdom Hearts III.

Alright, @KHCast, you might be right after all. Kim Possible might be coming to Disney Infinity after all. Thanks @Steven Tyler for bringing this to my attention. John Vignocci, the VP of Production (and the most enthausiastic guy in the Toys-To-Life industry since Activision's Lou Studdert) released this picture on Instagram.

I didn't realize Christy Carlson Romano voiced Yuffie, but the hashtags here CLEARLY imply Kim for Disney Infinity. Plus, why would Kingdom Hearts 3 for next year at the EARLIEST be a "last minute" video game role? Disney Infinity fits that logic better, because Kim was on that poll, and they clearly have plans to release several characters later.

Disney Infinity 3.0 launches very soon, so any new voice actor roles are definitely "last minute" at this point in time.

Well, there's still a Marvel Playset for 3.0. We also have Hulkbuster, Ultron and Ant-Man as newcomers from the Marvel side.

Ant-Man you say? I'm not sure if this was posted before but this was back from SDCC.

CKJSKLVWoAArDrh.jpg

Sweet, didn't hear about Ant-Man, he's a fav of mine so now I'm even more in, throw in Iron Fist, Spidey, Baymax and Venom from the previous one that makes a cool team!

I wanna bring to the attention of Disney Infinity fans this: Ever since the King Mickey fiasco broke out, people have been taking out their anger on poor Johnny V. People in the fan community have been saying that he's been taking it very hard on himself. The people at disneyinfinityfans.com have decided to do something on August 21st called "JV Appreciation Day." This is where we tweet John Vicgnocci our appreciation for listening to many of the fans, interacting with them, and so much more over the years!

https://twitter.com/johnvignocchi

http://www.disneyinfinityfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=12796

I take many things hard on myself as well, so I empathize with Johnny V and what he's dealing with. Disney Infinity fans, if you have a Twitter account, please participate in this.

Edited by Failinhearts

Ok, so I think I'm finally giving in at a certian level. I'm going for 2.0, while the wii-u version is the weaker version it does work(and doesn't have any major bugs right?) at first I was considering getting the starter pack from walmart(it's down to $42), but then I realized I didn't overly want any of the characters, or even that basic playset. So I checked Gamestop like you recommended and currently the game is down to $15, and the base is $3. Now the set I really want is the Spidey one(maybe GOTG, but on the other hand I think I can wait or perhaps pass), which depending on what combo is around $25, which honestly puts me around the same as the base set would cost me, but get me the stuff I actually want.

So, is this a good choice? Anybody got any Characters they'd recommend? I know I want Iron Fist, Venom, and Stitch(both for me and my sisters). Spidey and Baymax are on there too. Say aren't there Tron ones happening or is that for 3.0? and I guess are there any must get playsets? overall I'm trying to keep it clean and sharp on what I get

Then I'll be ready mid next year when I'm ready to buy 3.0 stuff XD

So, did give in and picked up Disney Infinity so give or take a few bucks, for the price of the DI 2.0 starter pack(~$43) I got DI2.0, the pad, (and using an awesome loophole in B2G3F), buying Iron-Man and Gamora, I got Miss Incredible, Avengers playset, and DI1 base playset(which is awesome because 1.0 is free on wii-u), and got Mr Incredible(since he was $3). So now I can experience both the 1.0 Incredibles playset, and 2 2.0 playsets! Also got the Spiderman/Nova playset+figures. So I'm off to a pretty good start, and I don't even want that much more(Green Goblin, and Venom mainly, perhaps Iron Fist and Hawkeye; Possibly Sorcerer Mickey and Donald, oh and Violet is lower on my toget list, I'm better off getting the marvel ones before they leave stores and prices go up). My Gamestop had a small selection which is why I figured out that loophole!
So yeah, decent start right?

So, did give in and picked up Disney Infinity so give or take a few bucks, for the price of the DI 2.0 starter pack(~$43) I got DI2.0, the pad, (and using an awesome loophole in B2G3F), buying Iron-Man and Gamora, I got Miss Incredible, Avengers playset, and DI1 base playset(which is awesome because 1.0 is free on wii-u), and got Mr Incredible(since he was $3). So now I can experience both the 1.0 Incredibles playset, and 2 2.0 playsets! Also got the Spiderman/Nova playset+figures. So I'm off to a pretty good start, and I don't even want that much more(Green Goblin, and Venom mainly, perhaps Iron Fist and Hawkeye; Possibly Sorcerer Mickey and Donald, oh and Violet is lower on my toget list, I'm better off getting the marvel ones before they leave stores and prices go up). My Gamestop had a small selection which is why I figured out that loophole!
So yeah, decent start right?

How did you get the playset? Do all you need to have to get the playset is buy one of the characters involved? I thought you needed more than that...

(And specifically have that version of the game, of course)

Edited by JaidynReiman

How did you get the playset? Do all you need to have to get the playset is buy one of the characters involved? I thought you needed more than that...

(And specifically have that version of the game, of course)

Gamestop sells the playsets separately, just only in store. Turns out they are counted as characters so I got the avengers and I/MU/POC ones as part of the B2G3F deal. Then I got Iron Man(and Nova is unlockable for it). You gotta have the playset figure, and one base character(and then you can have an unlockable one for player 2)

Also so in Europe the Wii-u downloadable version of 3.0 is 1/3 off if you buy it before Sept. 5. Should hold the same for NA, which would bring it down to $20. While I don't have a ton of HD space(I need an external one), I'm thinking of going with it so I can take my time and grab any exclusives I really want(Star Wars I can wait on, but if Darkwing Duck or Kim Possible DO happen, I want them right away), and so I can grab Marvel Battlegrounds, Toybox Takeover, and Toybox speedway(which was made by Sumo!) since they all seem to expand nicely. Oh and of course Ant-man(perhaps Wasp if she happens). That way I can get some of the fun stuff, but keep to my plan of waiting and getting Star Wars stuff when I can get some cheaper used, and skip the starters

Gamestop sells the playsets separately, just only in store. Turns out they are counted as characters so I got the avengers and I/MU/POC ones as part of the B2G3F deal. Then I got Iron Man(and Nova is unlockable for it). You gotta have the playset figure, and one base character(and then you can have an unlockable one for player 2)

Also so in Europe the Wii-u downloadable version of 3.0 is 1/3 off if you buy it before Sept. 5. Should hold the same for NA, which would bring it down to $20. While I don't have a ton of HD space(I need an external one), I'm thinking of going with it so I can take my time and grab any exclusives I really want(Star Wars I can wait on, but if Darkwing Duck or Kim Possible DO happen, I want them right away), and so I can grab Marvel Battlegrounds, Toybox Takeover, and Toybox speedway(which was made by Sumo!) since they all seem to expand nicely. Oh and of course Ant-man(perhaps Wasp if she happens). That way I can get some of the fun stuff, but keep to my plan of waiting and getting Star Wars stuff when I can get some cheaper used, and skip the starters

I didn't see them online. I only saw the bundles online. I'll check in-store tomorrow (well, I guess later today now)...

I didn't see them online. I only saw the bundles online. I'll check in-store tomorrow (well, I guess later today now)...

Like I said, playsets are available individually instore only(and the stock isn't the most concentrated either, it's luck of the draw), it's like how Soulcalibur 4 is no longer officially listed, but they do have it instore

Infinity 3.0 reviews are rolling in! And it's looking pretty great!

http://www.polygon.com/2015/8/28/9217477/disney-infinity-3-0-review-ps4-playstation-4-xbox-one-wii-u

http://www.gamespot.com/reviews/disney-infinity-30-review/1900-6416230/

(8.9 from IGN, 8 for both Polygon and Gamespot.)

I've also heard from 3.0 Wii U owners that the issues plauging 2.0's Wii U version has been fixed!

f5b48a2d817aa455541ccf322b81fe76ab14df52

Oh that's great to hear, and making what I'm about to say a lot more decisive to me:

I'm thinking of returning my 2.0 disk(I got it for $14 used), and just buying the wii-u digital version for $20(though I'll need to get an external HDD, there's been a few things pushing me towards it)

So you guys think I should? I mean, I wasn't really getting any enjoyment out of the 2.0 playsets, the 3.0 Marvel one is due out in what, by christmas? and my original motivation was so that I could start picking up 3.0 figures as I could(and it would mean I could give Black Friday a good run for figures)

I think you should get 3.0. It looks a lot more enjoyable and there's a lot of Toy Boxes to download and enjoy at launch. If only you pre-ordered a physical copy, you would get Toy Box Takeover early. It's a "playset-ish" type of game where every character can join and you go to many areas from Disney, Star Wars and Marvel.

It won't be out in retail until the end of the year.

Edited by Failinhearts

I think you should get 3.0. It looks a lot more enjoyable and there's a lot of Toy Boxes to download and enjoy at launch. If only you pre-ordered a physical copy, you would get Toy Box Takeover early. It's a "playset-ish" type of game where every character can join and you go to many areas from Disney, Star Wars and Marvel.

It won't be out in retail until the end of the year.

I was against getting a full starter set from the beginning, because while that would have been a nice bonus, I just wanted to focus on getting what I wanted now, and I did manage to get 6 characters I wanted... I mean if I really really wanted to, I still could, I could return the base and game, add the money to my account, and preorder from Amazon right now. I didn't want to drop a ton of money on it right now, and I didn't want it to be noticeable to my parents at the moment(I'm looking for a job right now, and while I'm smart about it, they do get tired of me getting more games)

You know what, I think I'll consider doing it, I'm already going into town to return something, I'll take the game and base with me. gotta finish some priorities first, but then I'll make my choice

I managed to find the playsets as well! Nice. I got the Avengers playset, Guardians of the Galaxy, Spiderman, and The Incredibles/Monsters Inc./Pirates. Don't care about Monsters Inc., though.

I also got a pad but that doesn't work. So I'll be returning that. I clear some space off my Wii U by deleting some games I couldn't fit until I can order an External HDD.

I managed to find the playsets as well! Nice. I got the Avengers playset, Guardians of the Galaxy, Spiderman, and The Incredibles/Monsters Inc./Pirates. Don't care about Monsters Inc., though.

I also got a pad but that doesn't work. So I'll be returning that. I clear some space off my Wii U by deleting some games I couldn't fit until I can order an External HDD.

That's too bad, but yeah, the playsets are nice for toybox pieces(that should continue to hold through since they have kept all powerdiscs compativle so far)

And I'm doing it, I'm going into town to return my pad and my copy of 2.0, and when I get back I'm preordering the game through amazon(because I have Prime, and I can still get the preorder bonus)

Yet another review. This time from Gametrailers. An 8.2 overall.

This review is very informative in terms of what you're getting and what you can get. If you're still not sure about DI, give this a little watch.

I gotta say it's pretty great seeing more people here actually buying the game, I felt like the only one for the longest amount of time :lol:

Anyway I've been playing 3.0 today, so far I've done a bit on each Star Wars playset and a tiny bit in the Toybox. Out of the two playsets so far I prefer Twilight of the Republic, the variety in the first mission alone is insane. 

A cool little thing I noticed is the dialogue that the droids say changes depending on your character. When I was playing as Darth Maul they were worried about fighting a Sith, they even name dropped him.

The melee attacks are much more fluid than in the past few games. The Toybox has a bunch of cool unlocks and even some new Disney Park rides.

If anyone's got any questions I'll try and answer them.

Is there any pieces of dialogue in the game you find funny, geek-out worthy or overall notable? I'm curious in the dialogue.

Also, can you place Clone Troopers in the Toy Box?

So put in my order for 3.0 to amazon(it comes out on sunday), so I get the toybox takeover. Currently tight on funds so gotta wait a little bit longer. Personally the main characters I want from 3.0 are Sam Flynn and Quorra, while I love star wars, they aren't a rush(I got a few from each group I want, and of course I'll get the original Trilogy playset).

Figures I currently have are: Iron Man, Gamora(who I'm now thinking was a good choice), Mr and Mrs Incredible, Spidey and Nova. While they may be useless as playsets, if history set a precedence(and @Steven Tyler should be able to answer it) the toys and toybox elements from them are a nice bonus(if this remains true like it was in 2.0 for 1.0 sets, I want the Shield hovercar!) so I have Spidey, Avengers and 1.0 playsets.

Did the standard wii-u 3.0 pack. While I have characters I want, overall I'll probably wait for say the deals around black friday outside of the standalone characters I want

I will admit part of the reason I bit was because of the possibilities with disney originals, hopefully we get a Kim Possible one. Say, if the past sets a precedent every Playset comes with 2 characters, yet Ultron and the Hulkbuster do not seem to be with the Marvel Battlegrounds set, which implicates that 2 unnanounced characters are. Would be great if Ant-man is one of them, and if they stick with the trend on 3.0 one will be female, so what if we got a Wasp and Ant-man with it?!

if history set a precedence(and @Steven Tyler should be able to answer it)

Yeah you still get all the items from previous playsets by placing the piece down

Is there any pieces of dialogue in the game you find funny, geek-out worthy or overall notable? I'm curious in the dialogue.

Also, can you place Clone Troopers in the Toy Box?

The Battle Droids are pretty funny so far, there's quite a lot of slapstick with them. There is a lot of geek-out moments too, I mean you start off both playsets with space battles.

Not too sure about the Clone Troopers but I imagine you'd be able to.

Edited by Steven Tyler

Yeah you still get all the items from previous playsets by placing the piece down

Sweet, wait, like personal items, toybox items, buildings, enemies, vehicles? I was a little confused on that, because depending on how much carries over they are probably far more valuable for building stuff in the toybox then the chore of their playset modes

Also, racing a Shield Hovercar against a podracer would be pretty sweet

Edited by Mando

Sweet, wait, like personal items, toybox items, enemies, vehicles?

It's stuff you unlock from playing the playset, so buildings, terrain etc. Everything you'd need to build with

I imagine the Hovercar is part of it too due to being unlockable in the Avengers playset.