Awoo.

What do you want to see in the next Sonic game?

hangarninetysix

What do you want to see in the next Sonic game?

I liked the gameplay of Colors a lot, and wouldn’t mind seeing a sequel to it. Requiring every single red ring to access special stages was too much though – and the special stages weren’t challenging either. Still, the emphasis on exploration in the game was really fun. Something with the gameplay of Colors with more of a classic structure would be fun, I think.

Sonic Rush HD would actually be pretty awesome. I wanted to like the game so much, but I hated the presentation so much – and the dual screen thing really threw me off. The music made me want to shoot myself, but the gameplay itself was actually pretty entertaining, if a bit shallow. A big departure from classic Sonic, but not necessarily a bad one. Except the bosses, they were horrible.

Obviously, a true sequel to S3K would be awesomest, but I just don’t think it’s going to happen.

Tails and Knuckles to be playable, refining Modern's Game play, Fang the Sniper, kick-ass music, and a cool, interesting plot.

• Thumbs Up 1

Graphic Nudity.

In reality, a Metal Sonic boss fight where he A. doesn't suck B. doesn't suck and C. doesn't suck. I also want Knuckles and Metal to be important characters, and, more importantly, Knux to be playable. I want more Eggman humor, less Sonic winning everything, and more badassery from everyone.

Continued, well-paced references to older games while continuing to be something new and exciting. More stages than previous games would be excellent. Also, tons of extras.

Edited by Sexy n' Smooth Wario
  • Thumbs Up 6

Sonic Adventure 2 showed just how easy it is to make Shadow's gameplay as good as Sonic. So yeah, I want playable Shadow (as well as Tails and Knuckles) with similar gameplay to Sonic.

New levels please, NOT based on previous levels. Zones with bucket loads of multiple paths (left, right, up, down, all over the place), and packed with secrets.

• Thumbs Up 2

1. The return of bonus stages plz! I want to earn them again, and not be handed them for completing something within the story.

2. Mostly silent boss fights. God dammit I was so tired of hearing "TIME FOR A CHANGE OF PACE", and "OHOHOH I WILL FLATTEN YOU!" in Generations, that I've been mostly soured on talking in boss fights period.

3. A Super Sonic boss fight that's actually well thought out and fun, meaning the opposite of what we got with the Time Eater.

4. Destructable chase enemies. This has been a gripe since Unleashed and the interceptor, I want to destroy all robots and enemies that have it in for me, but some just arent capable of being hurt and often end up destroying themselves for you. I want to do that, I want to fight them and win, and feel good about it.

5. More and better use of in stage gimmicks.
  6. More act's and by that I mean actual acts not those shortened ones we got from Colors, and Unleashed.
  7. I'd like to see them ditch the slide in favor of the Spin-dash, or atleast a spin-dash animation.
Edited by Balding Spider

Hmm change the current engine with the UDK engine.

Make some more characters playable like Amy,Vector,Espio,Charmy, you know like the supporting characters, More dialogue from character to character, last but not least, some matureness in the characters.

1. Moar characters: All I really need is Knuckles and Amy to get the classic 4 back together. though others like Shadow, Rouge, Cream, the Chaotix, and Big would also be wonderful, I'd rather they take baby steps with working other characters back into the story/gameplay, though I guess it wouldn't be too hard to give a couple of them little cameos here or there, or maybe even a boss/rival battle or two. The 4 of them being playable would also be nice, but at the very least I want to see Tails get a long overdue playable role in a main game.

2. Awesome Levels: I'd like to see a few dynamic levels that are both incredibly memorable, but also incorporate several gimmicks, gorgeous environments, and delectable songs to make them absolutely magical experience. I don't care what tropes they use, as long as they're redone/mixed around to seem like something that we haven't seen before

3. An actual story: The small and quirky little story from Colors was all fine and dandy, but I'd really like for them to make another story that I could really get into, something like what we got in Unleashed or Adventure, one that's dynamic enough to point that it has a thrilling and amazing narrative, but doesn't take itself serious enough to act as though this was a completely different series.

4. Tougher Bosses: I'm sure I'm not the only one who's gotten a bit worried about how in recent games the boss battles have been a bit limited, with some bosses only taking 3 to 4 hits in a bit of a Mario fashion, though they do make up for it with the nice and flashiness each boss gives off (well in Generations' case, Colors' bosses really were nothing special). So basically I want unique and fun bosses that not only keep some of the pizzazz found in the remade boss/rival battles for Generations, but also give them a bit more stamina, like the good ole 8-10 hit bosses from older games.

5. No God Monster pwease: I'm pretty done with these things at this point, seeing as just about every game (sans Colors Wii) since Adventure has had some kind of crazy mythical creature as the final/EX boss. Even if Generations did technically have the Eggmen taking full control of the Time Eater, I'd much rather see Eggy create his own big bad ultimate weapon for a change, instead of relying on this all powerful being for the umpteenth time

PIPES?!

SPIRALS?!

Well if you count the various blood vessels and other bodily stuff like that as pipes, and if this girl had a spiraly haircut, then all should be good :U

• Thumbs Up 1

Sonic Adventure 2 showed just how easy it is to make Shadow's gameplay as good as Sonic. So yeah, I want playable Shadow (as well as Tails and Knuckles) with similar gameplay to Sonic.

New levels please, NOT based on previous levels. Zones with bucket loads of multiple paths (left, right, up, down, all over the place), and packed with secrets.

Generally, this.

Though, I'd be happy just taking Sonic, Knuckles, and Tails. Just focus on a short amount of playable, with their own importance to a story. Have them overlap and their own sides. Not just rehashes of one levels. I feel Adventure 2 did that part well. Some guys did share a level, but they seemed to mainly have their own.

I don't remember Rouge being in Pumpkin Hill, nor Shadow in City Escape. Aside from Two player modes.

Well if you count the various blood vessels and other bodily stuff like that as pipes, and if this girl had a spiraly haircut, then all should be good :U
Or a steampunk robot girl with drill hair. Perhaps literal drill hair.

...hm, that's actually not bad...

I don't really care if you give me more playable characters. Making them more involved in the story as to get more of a feel for their personalities would be cool with me.

Also

above else.

MAKE IT LONGER THAN 2 HOURS. PLEASE.

• Thumbs Up 6

Here's what I would want.

* Curved surfaces and rough ground having a major impact on gameplay.

* An actual Spin Attack and Spin Dash. These elements were crucial to the original games. However, I miss them now.

* A playable Rouge. I think Rouge needs to do something absolutely badass, like killing a Monster of the Week on her own.

No more boosting

As much as I love the boost, I have to agree with this. I want something new and fresh to the franchise, and the Boost feels pretty samey and is getting kinda old. Something similar perhaps that would still allow enough change to the formula and perhaps slightly better design would be great.

- More curves and slopes, hills and halfpipes, and stage gimmicks based around speed or spinning.

- More refined game mechanics. Bring back more focus on the spin attack somehow? Great. Add more to the trick system? Sure. Further tightening to ground movement to make low and high speed switching more seamless? Awesome.

- More playable characters. Tails, Knuckles, Blaze, Shadow, Amy; what have you.

- Less story overexposition, more story development.

- More stuff to go inbetween stages. Preferably hubworlds with NPCs, but without the pace-breaking parts.

And I think that's all!

• Thumbs Up 8

I don't want to sound helpless, but if Hub Worlds have to come back, please make it literally impossible to die AND lose lives in.

I say this because, there HAVE been times thanks to screwy controls where I accidentally land in the water. Have a die animation and respawning is fine, but making you actually lose a life? that's BS.

I don't care if it rarely happens to me, losing a life in a hub world could one day mean the difference between me getting a game over in an actual level and me just going back to a check point.

Actually, screw all that, JUST GET RID OF THE LIVES SYSTEM ALTOGETHER

I couldn't care less about whether or not lives go or not (I'd personally keep them). But it wouldn't be hard to make it where Sonic doesn't die in the hubworlds. Don't put bottomless pits in it and let Sonic move freely underwater. Dat's it. =v

Also, another thing I'd like to see in the next Sonic: double-directional dash pads. Why must they only shoot you forward? That hinders backtracking and optional exploration. Letting them shoot you both either forwards or backwards would enhance the gameplay more than anything.

Edited by Azukara