Awoo.

What do you want to see in the next Sonic game?

hangarninetysix

I would have loved to have Tails & Knuckles in Generations, but that doesn't stop it from being a good game in it's own right.

But having a weak story does?

But having a weak story does?

You realize the story, while an important of the game, is nowhere near the importance of the gameplay right?

When Sonic goes round a loop in a 3d game, I want the camera to stay behind Sonic (as normal), even when Sonic is at the top of the loop (upside down). I have never liked it when the camera switches to the side view when Sonic goes round a loop in some 3d games.

Edited by NightwingKnux

You realize the story, while an important of the game, is nowhere near the importance of the gameplay right?

Sarcastic post; I could swear you were the one who used to rant about how the weak stories ruin the games and make them much less enjoyable. Guess I was wrong?

Just because a game has above average gameplay doesn't mean they don't have to try with the story. I want a true goal to strive for: what is Eggman doing? What will happen if I fail? Will I enjoy the adventure from start to finish? You see what I mean?

Just because a game has above average gameplay doesn't mean they don't have to try with the story. I want a true goal to strive for: what is Eggman doing? What will happen if I fail? Will I enjoy the adventure from start to finish? You see what I mean?

I never said any of this, I said the game is still good regardless.

I want to see an honest attempt at storytelling from the Colours Writers. They can write character interactions and develop relationships between characters far better than anyone else I've seen. It would be interesting to see how they would tackle a story with a little more going on, with a little bit more of a serious edge to it.

That and I want to see an honest attempt at reinvigorating the current Sonic gameplay (multiple characters don't matter to me yet, they need to get Sonic as close to right as possible before diverting resources to other characters). Maybe remove the boost and change up Sonic's movement slightly, and change the level design paradigm considerably.

Do I think this will happen in one game, which will likely be released next year? No, but I hope they at least push forward from where they are.

• Thumbs Up 5

Well first I'd want the gameplay to be similar to that of Sonic adventure 1, minus the spammable spindash. I feel like the levels in the

current games are much too short, and if they have to be short at least add multiple acts.

Next I'd like to see at least an attempt at a good story. Unleashed was lacking, but at least it tried. finally the chaos emeralds should

have nothing to do with the story for once. Of course, they should be in the game in special stages, but have no effect on the story.

finally the chaos emeralds shouldhave nothing to do with the story for once. Of course, they should be in the game in special stages, but have no effect on the story.

The emeralds had no impact in Colours' story...

I'd actually like to see multiple playable characters return to the series as DLC to a later Sonic game. The game begins with just Sonic and Tails as they interact with other characters throughout the game. However, unlike Sonic Adventure, you can still access the final story without these other characters.

So the game's development would initially only be designed around Sonic's gameplay, and other characters can have their own focus through DLC, allowing for each gameplay style to be fine tuned, while having an enjoyable genre roulette that isn't forced upon the player.

Edit: Now that I think about it, genre roulette was a poor choice of words. I meant to say, "it allows for an enjoyable cast of playable characters, who don't interfere with the overall development of the main game."

Edited by VisionaryBlur

Playable Tails and Knuckles who could play Sonic's levels without the player having to glitch them in.