Awoo.

Dragon Ball (Warning: Untagged Spoilers)

FourCartridge

Fridge Logic moment:

If a universe is truly erased, how come Whis can view it?

It appears Zen-Oh cleans the space out rather than making the space itself disappear. Minor detail but it does indicate a limit to his power.

12 minutes ago, Ratcicle King said:

I don't know... Super's way of subverting expectations isn't mostly on plot but on character designs, plus, I don't think there's ever been a point in the franchise where a character was heavily advertised only to be a disc one final boss, it'd be like, say, Freeza in RoF lost at the first ten minutes and Sorbet turned out to be the mastermind. Sure, there might've been moments before where a character we didn't expect turned out to be the main villain, but never before there was a case where they hyped someone like they're doing with Jiren and then basically went ''sycke, here's the real big bad''.

On the other hand, we seem to be getting exactly that with the Grand Priest. It turns out the guy who is a masterful troll is actually just as much evil.

The way the story and credits duped us with Majin Buu leads me to believe there's more than one surprise in store as the Tournament goes on.

And of course, the way they kept emphasizing teamwork and about strength alone not being a saving grace leads me to think that might come back up eventually.

12 minutes ago, DiamondX said:

How did Mojito go from being angry that they don't have enough fighters (meaning that he cared) to do nothing but smile when U9 got erased in a few episodes?

Probably a "it can't be helped" response. He's amused that they were erased for their idiocy, which he stopped finding frustrating and instead found amusing. He wrote them off before the Tournament even began and was satisfied to see them pay the price for such stupidity. The Trio were stupid enough to stand close to the edge, even.

Why does Champa want Beerus to lose? Shouldn't they work together? 

Because in the end only one group can remain standing.

Granted. This was before they saw the actual erasure... something tells me Beerus wasn't expecting it would really happen, given how casually Zen-Oh dropped it when Bergamo originally suggested it.

Champa might not be so jolly when he processes "oh shit, we really are playing for keeps."

Doubly so given I think all the Gods and mortals are slowly putting together that they are nothing but Grand Priest's playthings, and he's the one who has Zen-Oh wrapped around his finger. They know he's the real bad guy here, but they can't do anything but play by his rules or get erased anyway.

• Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, Lord Liquiir (Ogilvie) said:

Fridge Logic moment:

If a universe is truly erased, how come Whis can view it?

It appears Zen-Oh cleans the space out rather than making the space itself disappear. Minor detail but it does indicate a limit to his power.

On the other hand, we seem to be getting exactly that with the Grand Priest. It turns out the guy who is a masterful troll is actually just as much evil.

The way the story and credits duped us with Majin Buu leads me to believe there's more than one surprise in store as the Tournament goes on.

We saw in the future Trunks arc that Zen'O doesn't delete the space, just whatever's in it, as they were able to go back to what once was Trunks' timeline and find him there just floating around.

As for the story duping us, you're right, I had forgotten about Majin Buu, guess the gloves are off for the writting staff now. Let's see how many twists and turns they can come up with.

Based on episode 100 spoilers, do you guys think that Universe 6 will be gone soon?

I honestly hope not. They are my second favourite team (first is U7). 

I expect the erasure of U6 being an important turning point on the tournament, honestly, both Goku and Vegeta have connections with characters from that universe, not to mention Champa being Beerus' brother, my bet is Hit will be the last man standing and job to Jiren, who'll then be held responsible for U6's erasure to set up Goku's big fight with him.

Also, you know... Considering how this arc has played out so far, Vegeta having cool moments now is a BIG red flag.

6 minutes ago, Ratcicle King said:

my bet is Hit will be the last man standing and job to Jiren

Please no.

They made Hit Goku's second rival, really close to Vegeta.

They gave him CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT, which is honestly kinda rare here.

They can't just make him lose to give Goku a third rival.

41 minutes ago, Ratcicle King said:

We saw in the future Trunks arc that Zen'O doesn't delete the space, just whatever's in it, as they were able to go back to what once was Trunks' timeline and find him there just floating around.

Basically, yeah.

Makes me wonder if anything's really erased or if it just goes to some pocket dimension. It's weird to leave the space itself intact.

From our perspective it doesn't make a difference. Think about the real world - it doesn't matter if death leads to nonexistence or if there's an afterlife, because we can't perceive it either way.

35 minutes ago, DiamondX said:

Based on episode 100 spoilers, do you guys think that Universe 6 will be gone soon?

On that note...

This ending. Let's take a close look here, namely the part where it scrolls across each team.

9 is gone for obvious reasons. Then 4, then 6, then 10, then 3, then 2, then 11.

Given we know Universe 4 is fighting the team next, and then Kale gets knocked out easily by Jiren, I think the ending could be a MASSIVE spoiler as to what order the teams are defeated in.

Now yes, it could be a case of putting the twin universes next to each other (no point in showing 7 next to 6 of course), but the way it's showing them in order of plot relevance seems to indicate it's not coincidence. Twinning was originally floated as a quirk, but I think it's going to be key to the plot moving forward. The 6 universes already destroyed must have been twinned, the 4 universes exempt are all twinned, and we're quite possibly going to see eliminations based on twinning.

So much for free will.

29 minutes ago, Ratcicle King said:

Iexpect the erasure of U6 being an important turning point on the tournament, honestly, both Goku and Vegeta have connections with characters from that universe, not to mention Champa being Beerus' brother, my bet is Hit will be the last man standing and job to Jiren, who'll then be held responsible for U6's erasure to set up Goku's big fight with him.

It will also railroad a wish to restore the universes.

I'm just curious how they'll pull it off. They need to combine reviving the people and moving them to the surviving universe in a single wish, and some wish granters might consider that cheating.

Alternatively, they'd need to convince Zen-Oh it's okay to revive the universes. I don't think this is entirely crazy: he's loving the fight and he could probably be easily won over to the idea of restoring the universes if it means regular Tournaments of Power for his amusement. This is a concept as old as Ancient Rome.

Of course, this is all contingent on getting a certain scheming blue guy out of the way...

29 minutes ago, Ratcicle King said:

Also, you know... Considering how this arc has played out so far, Vegeta having cool moments now is a BIG red flag.

I think it goes without saying he won't be making it to the end.

I just hope it's not GASP Jiren who ends up knocking him out. Like I get he's strong but he doesn't need to be God on the battlefield considering all he's doing is standing there.

21 minutes ago, DiamondX said:

They gave him CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT, which is honestly kinda rare here.

They can't just make him lose to give Goku a third rival.

And yet, that would be par the course for Dragon Ball to establish someone means business.

Trunks showed up, owned Frieza and King Cold, drops the bombshell someone stronger than him is coming, for example.

It's probably going too far, but I think that the ending gives another spoiler.

Notice the order of the U7 Fighters watch Goku and Gohan:

Krillin

Tien

Vegeta

Android 18

Android 17

Piccolo

Roshi

Freeza

Krillin is the first to be eliminated. Does that mean that's they order the will get eliminated?

• Thumbs Up 1

Annnnd another little goof to mark against Toei:

dX607mj.jpg

"Oggy, what's the goof?"

Look at the universe symbol. They gave both U4 and U9 the same exact symbol on the fighter elimination screen.

Presumably, Universe 9's is the wolf for obvious reasons, and U4 was given it by mistake last time.

Either way it's amusing.

6 minutes ago, DiamondX said:

Krillin

Tien

Vegeta

Android 18

Android 17

Piccolo

Roshi

Freeza

Krillin is the first to be eliminated. Does that mean that's the order the will get eliminated?

Quite possibly.

But, my God if so.

I've heard about trailers telling the whole plot but this is ridiculous.

As I said, it probably won't happen. But if Tien is next, it can happen.

I don't think U4 is in danger yet  since they keep talking about 10 and 6.

1 minute ago, DiamondX said:

As I said, it probably won't happen. But if Tien is next, it can happen.

I don't think U4 is in danger yet  since they keep talking about 10 and 6.

My main concern is we see them fighting U7 next.

But I'll assume U9 is a fluke due to being run by a bunch of idiots who clearly never heard the expression "don't put all your eggs in one basket."

I feel bad for Sidra, he was a nice guy.

But Roh, I hope we don't see him again.

The plot synopses talk about Krillin and 18 going against a Jium and Shousa.

Jium is the bird, so I'm guessing that makes Shousa the canine.

Shousa, eh? ...I like it! Certainly less "lmfao really" inducing than Basil or Lavender.

Given Shousa (working name until we get a confirmed name) always has his eyes closed and 18 has glasses all of a sudden, is it strange I thought he has the power to steal an opponent's sight, complete with glasses comically appearing on their face afterward?

The way he smelled Krillin before attacking, as well as his long ears, indicate he's probably a blind character who relies on his other senses most of the time.

6 minutes ago, DiamondX said:

I feel bad for Sidra, he was a nice guy.

And the only one to go out with some dignity. Scared to die but not screaming in terror since he knew it wouldn't do any good.

I will say, I am grateful that Erase isn't as horrific as Hakai. "Glow and poof" versus "slowly dissolve as you scream in agony."

Also, one thing we need to consider is IF they can even be brought back.

We know that the way the dragon revives people is that he recreates their bodies if they were destroyed, then binds their soul back to it. The erasing technique, if it's anything like the Hakai, leaves no soul, it basically makes them cease to exist, now, the Super Dragon Balls ARE stronger, but we don't know if even those can fix this.

6 minutes ago, Ratcicle King said:

Also, one thing we need to consider is IF they can even be brought back.

We know that the way the dragon revives people is that he recreates their bodies if they were destroyed, then binds their soul back to it. The erasing technique, if it's anything like the Hakai, leaves no soul, it basically makes them cease to exist, now, the Super Dragon Balls ARE stronger, but we don't know if even those can fix this.

There is a workaround. Temporal do over: 48 minute edition.

Granted, they'd have to somehow use the second chance to change Zen-Oh's mind or otherwise alter history.

I'm pretty sure Goku can ask Zen-Oh to bring back everyone.

If Bergamo, who never talked to Zen-Oh before, was able to ask them to remove the rule, they would 100% listen to their best friend.

Also, did anyone else realise that Universe 7 now has the weakest level?

• Thumbs Up 2

I saw this mentioned on a Youtube comment, but what if the reason Krillin is eliminated from the tournament is not because he was kocked out of the stage, but he gave 18 sunglasses?

Maybe he sees 18 is in danger and gives them to 18 so he can use the Solar Flare?

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't think the Grand Priest and Angels are evil at all, but simply content with the events as they are above it all. Mojito constantly despaired in the wake of Roh and Sidra's incompetence so it's no wonder that he's relieved.

Either way, it was rather chilling to see a universe so unceremoniously scrubbed. It just goes to show how little the lives of mortals mean to the giddy Zenos and their underlings.

Oh, and I almost forgot; the preview suggests that Frost is giving 18 trouble and Krillin comes to her aid. That would be interesting. It seems doubtful that Krillin could kill him, though, considering how Freeza can survive despite being split in half, so maybe the little guy's disqualification does simply mean ring out.

• Thumbs Up 1

51 minutes ago, DiamondX said:

I saw this mentioned on a Youtube comment, but what if the reason Krillin is eliminated from the tournament is not because he was kocked out of the stage, but he gave 18 sunglasses?

Maybe he sees 18 is in danger and gives them to 18 so he can use the Solar Flare?

Pretty sure the rules are no weapons or healing items those sunglasses are neither of those. Considering the preview implies they're gonna fight as a team, it's possible she's just using those to avoid his solar flare so the two of them can attack the blinded enemies together

Of course, the drawback to the Solar Flare plan... Shousa is apparently already blind based on his long ears, smelling, etc. TV Tropes has likewise picked up on that and has filed him under the relevant tropes.

I assume that is what will be Krillin's downfall. That technique is worthless against someone who already can't see.

My assumption is Krillin will blind Frost or something, then suddenly get ringed out by a surprise attack from Shousa. He probably thinks Shousa is just a habitual squinter, when no, he is actually blind and keeps his eyes closed as a result.

5 hours ago, Lord Liquiir (Ogilvie) said:

I will say, I am grateful that Erase isn't as horrific as Hakai. "Glow and poof" versus "slowly dissolve as you scream in agony."

I personally find it more horrifying.

Beerus had personal investment towards ending Zamasu, the person responsible for killing his future counterpart and acting to kill Gowasu and Goku. So he was given a destructive end as compensation.

Erase? No screams, no words. Those subject to it just appear frozen in time as the technique completes and they instantly vanish. They are nothing to Grand Priest and Zen'O, so they don't get anything as they die.

A callous death by callous creatures.

I'm surprised that no one mentioned the Final Kamehameha. It was one of the coolest parts about this episode.

The only episode worse/darker than this was 67(Zamasu becomes the Universe)

I saw this on the Dragon Ball Reddit, it's an interesting roster which shows each universe's members, how many people they knocked off, who was knocked off by who and others:

Spoiler

cbuWyS6.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, DiamondX said:

Krillin

Tien

Vegeta

Android 18

Android 17

Piccolo

Roshi

Freeza

Krillin is the first to be eliminated. Does that mean that's they order the will get eliminated?

Well, if Vegeta is the 3rd to get eliminated it'd be a big shocker for the fans. According to that, Roshi would make it to the final 4 along with Goku, Gohan and Freeza

25 minutes ago, GucciBurr said:

2xXuDhd.jpg

smh why they kill my waifu

Did We even got her name or shall we call her "Not-Catwoman"?