Awoo.

Dragon Ball (Warning: Untagged Spoilers)

FourCartridge

A slightly more elaborate Episode 100 summary:

As expected, Goku and the rest of the Universe 7 team's counterparts from Universe 6 are formidable foes. Vegeta is stuck in a tough fight against Botamo and Magetta's combo. Next even Cabba heads for Vegeta. Elsewhere Hit shows his power off against Universe 3. Meanwhile Universe 6's female Saiyan Kale loses her nerve and is one-sidedly beaten up on by the the approaching enemies. Before long though, the other female Saiyan Caulifla comes to her aid. Caulifla gives Kale a pep talk to raise her confidence and spur her into using her true power, and the two of them challenge Goku to battle. As Goku and Caulifla fight fiercely, something strange happens to Kale...!

Some preview images:

7YZQnFj.jpg

YCOEc2o.jpg

JpzSNJ0.jpg

irIRPdA.jpg

And a nice little note from Masako Nozawa:

We hit 100 episodes in the blink of an eye! I was shocked when I heard about it! At this rate, we'll probably reach 200 episodes in another eyeblink! Lately I've been receiving messages at my house from fans almost daily; it makes me so happy. Even when I'm out walking, people often tell me "I watch the show every week" or "it's so interesting". My goal is for Dragon Ball Super to reach 700 episodes (7 for the number of Dragon Balls), so all you fans, please keep cheering me on.

• Thumbs Up 4

Well.... that was one of the most violent smh's and face palming I ever had to experience dealing with a episode in my life.

I understand this was a homage to the Broly movies and all that. I get that Kale's supposed to be ripping people... I just can't get behind the ridiculous sudden power jump and the downplaying of what they've already made a point with establishing. The fight imo just completely took away the Hit vs Jiren confrontation, too. Felt like Goku was the equivalent of Spongebob when he came in between Mr. Krabs and Plankton's pop off at the point because of the serious nerfing they've done to him.

I mean come on. SS2 Caulifla slapped away Kale's blast like it was nothing the first time she transformed, but a SSB Goku / Kamehameha is too much fodder apparently, yet Jiren can one shot Kale with a random nondescript attack? 

The only thing I really enjoyed was Caulifla pulling a Super Trunks, something that I've previously mentioned she should have gone through in here some time ago, as I thought the writers were coming to their senses, but that went south really fast. Hate to sound so negative when I come in here at points, but jesus man. Hoping the next episode picks up because there's still so much potential for this.

Well I mean jiren is meant to be a beast that is all the show has tried to sell us till now

I literally don't understand what people's problems with this episode was, I thought it was exciting from beginning to end. 

Couldnt give less of a shit about Kale tanking the Kamehameha to be honest, it was such a deliberate refrence to the Broly movie that I can easily let it pass on top of me not caring all that much about power scaling to begin with 

At the rate we're going, we're losing 5.75 fighters per episode. That's about 14 episodes to eliminate everyone.

It is a safe assumption what will happen is a few mass knockouts and then we'll have finalizing episodes focused on smaller groups.

Good to see Universe 4 just passed its "most screwed" designation to Universe 10. Looks like 3 isn't doing so hot either, what with their trump card being so handily defeated.

It seems like Universe 11 is mostly abstaining from actual participation. They don't seem to be ringing anyone out, even someone as dangerous as Kale. Universe 7 is the exception of course, because 11 are a bunch of justice-loving blowhards who are more interested in demonizing Goku.

On the other hand, it's a smart strategy: they probably realize that if they just stay put, they'll keep 10 fighters, while everyone else dwindles below them. Granted, with the loss of dino dude, that's probably not a viable strategy anymore. Universe 7 makes a natural target due to being the weakest remaining and also only being down by one.

To recap the number of fighters lost:

U6 - 0

U7 - 1

U11 - 1

U2 - 1

U3 - 2

U4 - 3

U10 - 5

My expectation is for Universe 10 to go first, but Universe 3 will probably combine all its robots into a giant robot or something. Not technically fusion, after all!

Universe 4 retains its two wildcards, and that will probably allow them to outlast 3 and 10. Possibly 2. We're not sure what power 2 will bring to bear.

• Thumbs Up 1

Out of all the episodes in this arc, this has to be my least favourite.

The only good part in my opinion was Hit vs Nanirama.

They should've focused on Goku vs Yadrat a little more since Goku knows the Instant Transmission.

Kale is worse than Broly, honestly.

She screams "Son Goku" instead of "Kakarot".

She is supposed to be OP, blocking the Super Saiyan Blue Kamehameha.

All of this just to be defeated by Jiren, with one hit. This guy has no personality...

I liked the action this episode, sure the power scaling is weird but I just wanted to see Goku get smacked around a bit. Though Jiren one shotting Kale? No way. If Goku comes close to him without some miracle transformation I'll be pissed.

3 hours ago, Lord Liquiir (Ogilvie) said:

To recap the number of fighters lost:

U6 - 0

U7 - 1

U11 - 1

U2 - 1

U3 - 2

U4 - 3

U10 - 5

My expectation is for Universe 10 to go first, but Universe 3 will probably combine all its robots into a giant robot or something. Not technically fusion, after all!

Universe 4 retains its two wildcards, and that will probably allow them to outlast 3 and 10. Possibly 2. We're not sure what power 2 will bring to bear.

U2's really not received much attention so far, eh? The Yardrat feels more like a little reference or a setup for a future arc. I imagine their best are only second to U11, but we'll see.

Anyway, I don't have huge problems with the episode at all. I liked it. Kale tanking SSB Goku's Kamehameha is fine, especially when Goku doesn't appear to be using much stamina. The moments between Kale and Caulifla are great, showing a close bond that you don't really see in Dragon Ball. I was a little peeved at 18's comments towards Krillin's elimination though. He did incredibly well for someone so underpowered! Blame Frost for playing dirty! Sheesh.

Oh, and it appears that whether fighters have shown up in the opening or given screen time prior to the tournament is not a good indicator of battle prowess. I quite like that every new character's an unknown in that sense, Jiren aside. I'm really looking forward to seeing how 17 and 18 do against Kahseral and the Pride Troopers next episode.

1 hour ago, Pawn said:

Oh, and it appears that whether fighters have shown up in the opening or given screen time prior to the tournament is not a good indicator of battle prowess.

I don't know about that. It seems more to be an indicator of whether or not they'll be tossed out versus at least give a character a hard time before going down.

Shosa and Majora were both dangerous in their own right, but Krillin's quick thinking kept both from shining.

So far, of the fighters from the intro, only Basil and Majora were ringed out. Basil at least got MVP status for one episode, and still managed to give Goku a hard time until, as happened with Shosa, a teammate helped Goku out. Majora probably would have whooped Krillin if he had just kept his mouth shut and not given away his nose was his alpha and omega.

Even then, it seems to indicate durability. Basil was from the weakest universe and we already knew most of his tricks, and the one thing that could give U7 a hard time - his steroid fruit - wasn't allowed. Shosa's from the twin of Universe 9 and as mentioned, had a weaksauce weakness. Of the 12 fighters shown in the silhouette scene, we only have two ringed out so far, and they're easily classed as the weakest of the bunch. If you expand it to include the fighters beyond the silhouette - Bergamo and Frost - we have 3 of 14 ringed out. With 31% of fighters (22 of 70, excluding the Yardrat just in case) ringed out overall and only 21% of intro fighters ringed out, it looks like it does bestow extra screen time on you.

Next episode will really establish how much credits appearance bestows Plot Armor, given the U11 focus. If Toppo, Dyspo, Jiren and Kahseral all walk away from it, or only one of them falls, it's fairly solid.

• Thumbs Up 1

Extra screen time, I do not disagree. I just mean they're not necessarily going to stick around beyond one fight.

7 minutes ago, Pawn said:

Extra screen time, I do not disagree. I just mean they're not necessarily going to stick around beyond one fight.

It certainly beats being nonchalantly swat out of the ring like the Yardrat was!

The dinosaur guy got it the worst, though. We just see Kale rush at him and then it cuts to Zen-Oh darkening his picture.

Like... oww.

1 minute ago, Lord Liquiir (Ogilvie) said:

It certainly beats being nonchalantly swat out of the ring like the Yardrat was!

The dinosaur guy got it the worst, though. We just see Kale rush at him and then it cuts to Zen-Oh darkening his picture.

Like... oww.

Yeah, the editing made that moment very awkward. Cutting at that point suggested their confrontation wasn't over, then boop! - Zeno crosses him off. Weird.

• Thumbs Up 1

59751f5056b6f_gokuxcaulifla.thumb.jpg.fbbf4206d1f6da3bb7e3b30d62ddd6bd.jpg59751f78383de_kalecucked.thumb.jpg.60bbd541d44454d8ef747eacd21dd7b6.jpg

Not gonna lie, Goku and Caulifla clicking together so well and Kale getting cucked left out was easily my favorite part of the episode. Everything else, I'm kinda "eeeeh" on.

GokuXCaulifla OTP

13 minutes ago, CD Sanic said:

Is copd life threatening?

Yep, Ayres might need a lung transplant in the near future. Even if everything goes well and he manages to beat it(As we all hope, obviously.) it's doubtful he'll be doing any voice acting for a while. 

Daman is a good replacement. Hope Chris gets better.

Last night's episode was pretty cool. They took alot of iconic moments from the Broly movies and even a little bit of Hulk's "puny god!". NEP looks like Cauli's gonna sacrifice herself? That'll be interesting. Highlight of the episode was Cabba being a total badass and OHKO'ing people while trying to take on Vegeta.

They grow up so fast... 

4 hours ago, Ratcicle King said:

Yep, Ayres might need a lung transplant in the near future. Even if everything goes well and he manages to beat it(As we all hope, obviously.) it's doubtful he'll be doing any voice acting for a while. 

He says in the above-linked Facebook post that he's going to be getting both a double lung transplant and bipass surgery. That's downright scary.

10 hours ago, PC the Hedgehog said:

So, Greg Ayres (dub Frieza) has end-stage COPD. As such, the role of Frieza will be taken over by Daman Mills, as can be heard below:

Mills' voice is a tad lower than Chris', but if I hadn't heard about the replacement, I honestly never would have noticed. Wishing Mr. Ayres the best.

I had heard about Ayres's condition earlier in the month. I figured he recorded the 'F' arc well before he was hospitalized, so I'm rather surprised to hear he had to be replaced during that arc. I couldn't even tell he was replaced partway through. Hope Chris makes it through alright, not just because I love his voice, but because I can't imagine dealing with something like that.

Chris Ayres is in my opinion the best Dragon Ball Super voice actor. He sounds close to the japanese voice.

Hopefully he recover soon. It's sad to think we won't hear him in FighterZ and most probably the Universe Survival arc.

Daman Mills does a great job, but his voice sounds a little... more evil?

16 hours ago, Waveshocker Sigma said:

59751f5056b6f_gokuxcaulifla.thumb.jpg.fbbf4206d1f6da3bb7e3b30d62ddd6bd.jpg59751f78383de_kalecucked.thumb.jpg.60bbd541d44454d8ef747eacd21dd7b6.jpg

Not gonna lie, Goku and Caulifla clicking together so well and Kale getting cucked left out was easily my favorite part of the episode. Everything else, I'm kinda "eeeeh" on.

Reveal hidden contents

GokuXCaulifla OTP

Best couple out there lol

• Thumbs Up 1

rr5w2d.jpg

No idea where the top is from, but my guess is U2 or U6 since they have two shadowy fighters each. Likely not U4 since he doesn't look like Damon or the Ganos lookalike.

Bottom is from U3.

Assuming all 5 Pride Troopers who take on Goku get ringed out, we're probably going to see at least 7 eliminations, not counting whoever from U6 and U7 goes down fighting them.

U6 hasn't lost a single fighter so far, so I think they're overdue.