Awoo.

Dragon Ball (Warning: Untagged Spoilers)

FourCartridge

Keep in mind that Goku was running on emergency energy reserves during this first run with Ultra Instinct - the power of the Spirit Bomb was literally all he had to keep him going.

The tables have been subtly turned as far as endgame goes. The first half of the tournament was trying to keep numbers high before Jiren finally went on the offensive. This next half now is gonna be about resisting Jiren's rampage long enough for a replenished Goku to reawaken Ultra Instinct. 

If Jiren was about to be exposed by just Ultra Instinct alone, he stands no chance against an Ultra Instinct with a fully powered, ever-evolving Goku behind it.

• Thumbs Up 4

1 hour ago, -Robin- said:

If Jiren was about to be exposed by just Ultra Instinct alone, he stands no chance against an Ultra Instinct with a fully powered, ever-evolving Goku behind it.

While it's true that Goku wasn't at full power, I wouldn't say that Jiren would stand no chance. Not once did he show signs of tiring and Goku didn't exactly manage to land many significant blows. One thing's for sure - the final battle between them is going to be even more insane. I guess we'll be seeing UI + Blue at the climax?

Anyway, that was pretty fucking great after all. The animators did a great job of showcasing how Goku moves more fluidly in this form. I'm kind of underwhelmed by the idea of Hit vs Jiren now, lol...

It was also fun to see the GoDs despair at Goku's display, while Freeza (who clearly plans on attaining it himself), Whis and the Grand Priest seemed to be loving it.

Piccolo and Whis said it themselves - Goku was quickly adapting to Jiren's attacks and movements as he continued on in Ultra Instinct. He was continuously evolving through the fight while Jiren didn't  really adapt at all. The knee to the stomach followed by the blast would have just been the beginning had UI not ran out in the middle of that final charge. The fight would have gone more and more in Goku's favor if he was at regular power and kept UI going.

i don't think UI + Blue will happen. If anything, since Goku showcased all his forms to Jiren aside from SSJ and the obsolete SSJ3, I think UI + SSJ will be Goku's stopping point, and at a level that can match the Angels in strength. SSJ2 for regular bouts, SSG for conservative and speedy fights, SSB for ki-stabilizing fights, UI/UI + SSJ for when all the chips are down and Goku needs to win right there and then.

20 minutes ago, -Robin- said:

Piccolo and Whis said it themselves - Goku was quickly adapting to Jiren's attacks and movements as he continued on in Ultra Instinct. He was continuously evolving through the fight while Jiren didn't  really adapt at all. The knee to the stomach followed by the blast would have just been the beginning had UI not ran out in the middle of that final charge. The fight would have gone more and more in Goku's favor if he was at regular power and kept UI going.

i don't think UI + Blue will happen. If anything, since Goku showcased all his forms to Jiren aside from SSJ and the obsolete SSJ3, I think UI + SSJ will be Goku's stopping point, and at a level that can match the Angels in strength. SSJ2 for regular bouts, SSG for conservative and speedy fights, SSB for ki-stabilizing fights, UI/UI + SSJ for when all the chips are down and Goku needs to win right there and then.

You're massively jumping the gun there. There's no reason to believe that Goku will approach the Angels in power this suddenly. We've not even been given any indication that Beerus has been surpassed (and that would have certainly been mentioned), which would be a big enough feat for one arc. And while he was continuously evolving during the fight; who's to say that Jiren won't also? He only ever showcased his red aura when he beat Goku, suggesting that his full power has barely been accessed. This fight was more likely a taste of things to come for the both of them. I can't see either going down easy. As far showing Jiren all of his forms; that was essentially fan service. I'm not sure why you think SS would be used for the final match over Blue. He may warm up with it, but it's bound to be Blue in the end if Super Saiyan is used.

Rewatching the episode

Can I just say how much I loved the little details they put to hammer it home how Ultra Instinct works? The storyboarding is on fucking point

Goku sees Jiren, he begins to slowly take the first step towards him, but in a flash of light, he's already kicking Jiren, and we see Goku's surprise over that, as if he didn't do that, and he didn't, his body moved on his own.

Then for the beginning of the fight, even in the middle of this crazy battle, notice how Goku, calm and collected, keeps checking his arms and hands, trying to understand what's happening. He's letting his body fight for him, while he focus on figuring out what is this power, THATS the essence of Ultra Instinct right there, letting your body do the fighting, while your mind, instead of having to focus on guiding it, focus on other things.

• Thumbs Up 3

I wonder how Schemmel's gonna pull this off while being just as tense.

The horrifying echo filter worked with Nozawa's voice because her higher pitch let the echo serve as contrast. Dub Goku's voice is significantly deeper, so the echo won't stand out.

Schemmel has done some amazing screams for Goku - the Super Saiyan transformation in Kai is incredible thanks to that agonized roar - but UI Goku's yells are just utterly demonic with the filter added, so it might miss out on some of the impact in the dub.

1 hour ago, Limit Breaker Diamond said:

Apparently, 30 seconds of the special have been cut for some reason:

I can't say I'm particularly bothered. It's all pretty standard stuff. Strange, though.

Audio of the new ending song, "By a 70cm Square Window."

Technically this leaves Haruka/Far Away at 12 episodes. With less than half the Tournament's time elapsed over 14 episodes, it's entirely possible we have 14 or more episodes left in the Tournament.

It really boils down to how the next 4 episodes go.

111: Hit may or may not make it out of this. He was able to turn the tables on Dyspo due to the timely intervention of Goku and Dyspo's own shortcomings, but the sheer powerhouse that is Jiren merits Hit taking the fall. It's established the main character isn't able to defeat Jiren just yet, so...

112: U4 may or may not lose Monna depending on the wording; Vegeta "saving" Cabba could simply be similar to how Krillin saved 18. The way Frieza is "not amused" leads me to think he may surprise KO Cabba to spite Vegeta. Probably with a fingerwag about how only one team gets to make it to the end.

113: I assume we'll see U3 suffer several losses (so much for the Megazord).

114: I assume Kale and/or Caulifla will finally go down? I think they've both served their use by now.

I think it's unlikely for all 4 of U6's fighters to go down, though. My money would be definitely on Cabba (he seems to be the weakest) and either Kale or Caulifla. I presume U6 will escape with one of its Saiyans and Hit.

On the flipside? Hit going down would give U6's fighters a chance to shine. As it stands they're all in his shadow.

• Thumbs Up 2

One good thing to point out. With Goku down for the count, it gives Vegeta and the rest of the team to shine. Yes we all know Vegeta and Freiza could literally wipe 90% of the competition leaving Jiren, Toppo and Hit. But finally someone else in the main spotlight besides Goku.

5 hours ago, Eternal EX said:

One good thing to point out. With Goku down for the count, it gives Vegeta and the rest of the team to shine. Yes we all know Vegeta and Freiza could literally wipe 90% of the competition leaving Jiren, Toppo and Hit. But finally someone else in the main spotlight besides Goku.

remember when goku was beaten up by ginyu on namek? well, its basically like that. he will come back.

I'm guessing Frieza will give him a ton of energy if he's able to recover from that, though. There's no Senzu Beans or recovery chambers involved this time around.

From the previews we've seen, Goku will still be sidelined, since he'll tell Caulifla he's so weak he can't go SSJ. So Freeza will most likely just give Goku enough power for him to be able to walk and fight in his base form, while his wounds heal.

• Thumbs Up 1

If Freeza gives Goku too much energy at once, that's just gonna get Jiren's attention and make him chase after Goku before Goku's ready to fight again. 

They're only going to get one more shot before Jiren decides to end things instantly, so it's better to lay low for now and run the timer down a bit before going for Round 2. Maybe during this recuperation period Freeza can go after Dyspo and Gohan go after Toppo so that there's no distractions when taking Jiren.

• Thumbs Up 1

23 hours ago, Kuzu the Boloedge said:

Goku's not down and out lol.

Never said that. I said he's down for the count. As in Knockout but now eliminated. Resting and regaining his energy. Like someone said. The Ginyu saga where he was KO'd but came back and wrecked.

Only way I can really see Goku recovering from this would be Fusion Dancing with Vegeta to take advantage of Vegeta's energy reserves that remain intact.

But isn't Fusion banned?

Though I wonder where that rule came from, it was never mentioned before.

...though a Frieza/Goku Fusion would be "WHAT" on many levels and probably fit the "equal power level" requirement better.

Fusion was never banned, don't know where you got that from :U

So much that a lot of people are betting on Gogeta this arc.

Unless you're saying Potara Fusion isn't allowed, that is true, but mostly because Potaras are an item, and it'd be pretty hard to cheat using those, since you're surrounded by Kaioshin.

Not even Potara Fusion can keep Vegito Blue in one piece, so the dance is useless. Besides, Freeza's going to give Goku some energy, which I guess is going to allow him to recover gradually before fighting Jiren again.

57 minutes ago, Ratcicle King said:

Fusion was never banned, don't know where you got that from :U

Coulda sworn at some point they said Goten and Trunks couldn't enter because Fusion wasn't allowed. Ah well.

3 minutes ago, Pawn said:

Besides, Freeza's going to give Goku some energy, which I guess is going to allow him to recover gradually before fighting Jiren again.

Okay I can't be the only one who thinks that is bullshit, right?

Resting for less than half an hour restores an enormous amount of energy?

I know it works for Buu, but he's got the weirdo mystical anatomy thing going on.

4 minutes ago, Lord Basil (Ogilvie) said:

Coulda sworn at some point they said Goten and Trunks couldn't enter because Fusion wasn't allowed. Ah well.

I know it works for Buu, but he's got the weirdo mystical anatomy thing going on.

Well, to be fair, we don't really know much about how donating energy works. If a powerful being like Freeza gave enough, then... fine. There are many excuses they could make for this. The God forms also have some kind of healing factor, so there's that.

1 hour ago, Lord Basil (Ogilvie) said:

IIRC, in the U6 tournament, Vegeta banned them from entering because they'd rely on fusion, and he didn't want them to keep focusing on that instead of getting strong on their own. In this arc, Goku said that because they're strong but unskilled, they're not reliable in the tournament. :U

As for the energy giving, in the Freeza saga, just a bit of Goku's energy(note that he himself was probably exhausted by then) was enough to help Freeza, who was not only cut in half at that point but also had no power left, and after said energy being given, he managed to basically float around and even attempted to fight again. Seems like just having a bit of extra energy does help one's body, as both lowkey regeneration and an adrenaline shot to the system.

1 hour ago, Lord Basil (Ogilvie) said:

You're thinking of Universe 6 vs Universe 7 where Champa placed the rule down to stop U7 having an advantage over them (Likely because no-one met anyone in U6's Otherworld to learn the technique). Vegeta tells Trunks that if he wants to start taking part in tournaments, he should get stronger instead of using fusion.

And there's your grand reasoning for why Gotenks hasn't appeared since getting his ass handed to him by Beerus.