Awoo.

Dragon Ball (Warning: Untagged Spoilers)

FourCartridge

1 hour ago, -Robin- said:

Well, so much for that lol. Jiren is so bored now that he's meditating and letting Dyspo and Toppo do the rest. 

Kale, Freeza, and Vegeta will give him a wake-up call when his two now-essentially lackeys are knocked out, but that's the folly of a Pride Trooper I suppose.

The recap of the episode confirmed that Goku lost to Jiren because he couldn't endure Ultra Instinct, not because Jiren was just wholly stronger. Ultra Instinct is the key to winning this.

He already one-shotted Kale though, and Freeza outright said he doesn't wanna fight him. So yea, literally Goku is the only one able to mess with Jiren right now and only if he can master Ultra Instinct.

I am amused Frieza made sure no one was watching before helping Goku, though.

He's self-aware of his own reputation as an evil overlord and doesn't want to be seen doing any act of kindness, no matter what selfish end it may be for. :P

U6 might end up going out next. Not only Hit, their captain and strongest member, who was also acting as support, is out, but Cabba is going against Freeza next week, plus the Namekians are fighting Piccolo and Gohan, who so far made sure to eliminate whoever they defeat unlike some other characters, plus Caulifla and Kale are getting another episode focused on them soon, which could spell their demise this late into the tournament.

Yeah, guess without Hit, U6 is gonna falls like a stack of dominoes.

Spoiler

So I'm just wondering where exactly does Dragon Ball go from here? Each villain/antagonist is more over powered than the next and when you have somebody like Jiren who can surpass gods and transcend time. Where do you go from there?

• Thumbs Up 1

20 minutes ago, Dejimon11 said:
  Hide contents

So I'm just wondering where exactly does Dragon Ball go from here? Each villain/antagonist is more over powered than the next and when you have somebody like Jiren who can surpass gods and transcend time. Where do you go from there?

Eh don't take it too seriously. Perfect Cell could destroy a Solar System with one Kamehameha, Majin Buu could break reality appart by screaming super hard and Beerus could destroy the universe by fighting. It's all hyperbole.

• Thumbs Up 4

2 hours ago, Kuzu the Boloedge said:

He already one-shotted Kale though, and Freeza outright said he doesn't wanna fight him. So yea, literally Goku is the only one able to mess with Jiren right now and only if he can master Ultra Instinct.

I mean that with half the clock left, and three guys on the team left, Jiren is not really in a position to play Orcus. Dyspo could not keep up with a Super Saiyan Blue Goku, and Toppo could only match him, and those three mentioned have been shown to keep up with him in power,

• Thumbs Up 1

53 minutes ago, -Robin- said:

I mean that with half the clock left, and three guys on the team left, Jiren is not really in a position to play Orcus. Dyspo could not keep up with a Super Saiyan Blue Goku, and Toppo could only match him, and those three mentioned have been shown to keep up with him in power,

Jiren isn't very smart you see.

My question is:

Why can't Jiren just eliminate people one by one? Is he scared to accidentally kill them or what?

1 hour ago, -Robin- said:

35 minutes ago, Kuzu the Boloedge said:

Jiren isn't very smart you see.

In fairness, he's not entirely off.

Hit and Goku are the Tournament's big fish, and with Hit gone and Goku sapped of most of his power, the assumption is there's just no one who can pose a threat.

Vegeta and Frieza are in play, of course, but there's only two of them. Toppo and Dyspo would likely team up to beat anyone who is SSB-tier at this point.

Failing that, they can just avoid Vegeta and Frieza and systematically reduce every team to 2 members. That's the best part of the Tournament's rules: they don't need to eliminate everyone, just whittle them down. 3 beats 2, so Universe 7 would still get Erased even if Vegeta and Frieza are more powerful than Dyspo and Toppo.

Despite Jiren's insistence he's got no one to fight, however, my bet is he's planning on cleaning up in the last moments of the Tournament. Right now he just wants to let everyone wear themselves down. Which they all will: other teams know Jiren's strong, but they also know Universe 11 is in last place and so they really don't need to focus on them. The thing is Jiren's powerful enough he can still win as a one-man army towards the end; they're playing into his hands.

27 minutes ago, Limit Breaker Diamond said:

My question is:

Why can't Jiren just eliminate people one by one? Is he scared to accidentally kill them or what?

He seems surprisingly disinterested in ringing people out, and probably just wanted to remove Hit from play because of his time powers being troublesome. He only involves himself to crush those of overwhelming power, to establish that this is a hopeless battle for all involved besides Universe 11.

Goku managed to get away, but he's convinced himself there's no way Goku can recover before the Tournament's over.

We know better of course, but he doesn't.

• Thumbs Up 1

Here's a little rant about this episode:

The way Hit loses makes no sense.

He had Jiren in the perfect spot. Why couldn't the others just blast him while he was weakened?

• Thumbs Up 1

You saw how despite that, he was able to stop Hit's attack with a glare. Anybody else would have suffered the same fate.

Hit told them to fight elsewhere. Like Ice Vec said, they would have been glared into oblivion (and even then, the attacks of an SS2 Goku did close to nothing so what could those three do?).

Not true. Hit started to be weakened and that's why his glare worked.

Even then, the ground would've been destroyed and Jiren would've fallen off.

A weakened Hit is still way above them in power, though. And Jiren would have just reacted quicker if someone else got involved. Maybe Toppo or Dyspo would have intervened.

Honestly, Hit did way better than Jiren's fight with Goku suggested he should have.

It really is pretty sad that knowing U11 had some of the most powerful characters in the series, no one in the tournament (hit, goku, frieza and vegeta) thought it was a good to run train on Dyppo and Toppo. Leaving Jiren by himself. I mean yeah, if that were to happen, Jiren would just end it all. But if anything, that would have been the best chance for everyone. Eliminate as many U11 as possible then focus on the others. And damn Hit. You went out like a champ. You still get my respect. And something tells me Cabba is going to power up to possibly SSJ2 or SSJ3. And that preview with Vegeta and Cabba. So much win.

On 10/16/2017 at 4:10 PM, Eternal EX said:

It really is pretty sad that knowing U11 had some of the most powerful characters in the series, no one in the tournament (hit, goku, frieza and vegeta) thought it was a good to run train on Dyppo and Toppo. Leaving Jiren by himself. I mean yeah, if that were to happen, Jiren would just end it all. But if anything, that would have been the best chance for everyone. Eliminate as many U11 as possible then focus on the others.

I highly suspect Dyspo and Toppo will have a hand in the fall of some of U7's characters, giving them their moment of glory.

In particular, eliminating Dyspo is a source of pride for whoever does it, because while he wasn't able to outright defeat Goku or Hit, he sure gave them a run for their money until Goku's raw power (and observation that Dyspo's enormous potential hasn't been fully tapped because his insane speed is linear) and Hit's instant-zenkai evened the odds.

Overall, I suspect Toppo and Dyspo are being saved for Gohan and Vegeta. Frieza? Despite what he said, I suspect he'll end up taking on Jiren.

I don't. I really see the rematch of Goku and Jiren happening soon. While Frieza hides and picks off Cabba and his universe.

12 hours ago, Eternal EX said:

I don't. I really see the rematch of Goku and Jiren happening soon. While Frieza hides and picks off Cabba and his universe.

While it'd be a welcome surprise, I don't think Goku will fighting Jiren again until the legit climax of the Tournament. They are presumably going to be the sole survivors.

I do anticipate Universe 6 will be disappearing sooner rather than later, though.

Frieza may have stayed on U7's side, but I can only assume he'll make a comment that he was 100% telling the truth about despising Saiyans. Unfortunately, U6's Saiyans don't get to benefit from the ceasefire.

Once U6 is gone, though, I don't think 2, 3, and 4 will be around for much longer. Still anticipating a triple knockout.

It'll be some awful luck if Gohan ends up eliminating U6's last fighter just like he did U10's, though.

23 hours ago, Lord Basil (Ogilvie) said:

While it'd be a welcome surprise, I don't think Goku will fighting Jiren again until the legit climax of the Tournament. They are presumably going to be the sole survivors.

I hope it's not as simple as that. Considering the universe with the most fighters wins, I wonder if the tournament will end before Goku and Jiren's fight is finished and Gohan is still in. I wouldn't put it past Ribrianne to be there at this rate lol

EDIT: Images of the new V-Jump are out, including the first official full colour look at SSG Vegeta:

6ASkpiS.jpg

Pages of the manga have been released and we have confirmation that Jiren is indeed stronger than Belmod:

Rumoosh's roar is powerful enough to knock even Shin unconscious! OK, I guess that's not all that impressive.
@Herms98

The Gods of Destruction fight too fiercely for the Omni-Kings to enjoy, so the Great Priest bans them from entering the Tournament of Power. So it seems in the manga version that's the reason for the tournament being mortals-only.
@Herms98

Toppo flat-out says Jiren is stronger than the U11 God of Destruction Belmod "in terms of battle power". Well, I guess that's settled. Though the "in terms of battle power" does make it sound like Belmod may have an advantage in some other area. This "in terms of battle power" phrasing is the same as used when Nappa says the Saibaimen are on par with Raditz, for instance. In which case I always took it to mean Raditz was smarter and therefore a better fighter than a Saibaimen, but in this case it's less clear.
@Herms98

They also depict not only a rather bloody battle between the GoDs, but also the exhibition fight between Goku and Toppo ending like this:

DMb3jsPU8AASBq9.jpg:large

Which is confirmed to be a kick in the balls. Ouch. That's some harsh justice.

• Chuckle 1

Why or how is Fat Sailor moon Ribrianne still there? Vegeta, stop holding back and in this.....wait for it.....FAKER.

4 minutes ago, Eternal EX said:

Why or how is Fat Sailor moon Ribrianne still there? Vegeta, stop holding back and in this.....wait for it.....FAKER.

I think she's supposed to be a gag character at this point.

Ribrianne's kinda there for positive character development at this point, since U11's inching closer to the darker side of things. Twin universes, you know.

Which will probably make it all the better when Toppo's the one to finally knock her out and Erase Universe 2 from existence as a result.

• Chuckle 1

Just read the new manga chapter.

I must say it's amusing that while in the anime Liquiir is rooting for Universe 2, in the manga, it's Universe 2's God of Destruction who ends up shooting him through the arm with an arrow and thus ending his winning streak.

gQmoCfc.jpg

Also lol I think "kitsune tail cannons" scores high on the "ridiculous yet awesome" meter.

Also, it looks like Quitela and Beerus were the last ones standing, but Belmod was seen smiling while laying down so maybe he was faking. I think it's possible Belmod was smiling at the "mortals only" rule, knowing that while he's not strong enough to beat Quitela or Beerus, neither of them has a mortal who can beat Jiren (or so he thinks), so it's to his advantage. Overall though, looks like Quitela and Beerus are the top two.

Liquiir's giving the same vibe as the anime really: he has an absurd amount of power but seems rather reckless with how he uses it.