Awoo.

Dragon Ball (Warning: Untagged Spoilers)

FourCartridge

...So it turns out the Androids were fully conscious inside Cell after he absorbed them.

Well that's just a wee bit fucking horrifying.

• Thumbs Up 2

No wonder 17 became stoic, left civilization as a whole and spends most of his time in the woods with animals.

I mean, 18 at least was expelled from Cell thanks to Gohan.

17 DIED with Cell. TWICE.

• Thumbs Up 5

2 hours ago, Lord Basil (Ogilvie) said:

...So it turns out the Androids were fully conscious inside Cell after he absorbed them.

"Do you want Gohan or Cell to win?"

"I just want to get out of here."

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, Lord Basil (Ogilvie) said:

Just imagine 17 inside SP Cell as he prepares to blow himself up, realizing that he's going down with the ship and can't do a thing about it other than make peace with himself... damn.

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, Ratcicle King said:

No wonder 17 became stoic, left civilization as a whole and spends most of his time in the woods with animals.

I mean, 18 at least was expelled from Cell thanks to Gohan.

17 DIED with Cell. TWICE.

To be fair, he would've only died once when Cell went to second form and self self destructed. Only reason he came back and was in perfect form was because he regenned from a single cell back on Earth and had the Saiyan's ability to boost their power in a near death experience, 17 doesn't have the luxury of regenerative cells.

• Thumbs Up 1

Major news! We're getting a new DB Movie in 2018!...A Saiyan centric DB movie in 2018!!!

My guess' are that it's ether a movie about Goku and co visiting Planet Sadala or, it's a movie focusing on the Original Super Saiyan God

• Thumbs Up 3

2 hours ago, CD Sanic said:

Major news! We're getting a new DB Movie in 2018!...A Saiyan centric DB movie in 2018!!!

My guess' are that it's ether a movie about Goku and co visiting Planet Sadala or, it's a movie focusing on the Original Super Saiyan God

Yamoshi movie. I. CALLED. IT.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 14/12/2017 at 7:48 AM, Ryannumber1Santa said:

To be fair, he would've only died once when Cell went to second form and self self destructed. Only reason he came back and was in perfect form was because he regenned from a single cell back on Earth and had the Saiyan's ability to boost their power in a near death experience, 17 doesn't have the luxury of regenerative cells.

I'd agree but

LUv1xDJ.png

People are usually revived at the exact spot they die or where their remains are, unless the wish clarifies the body to be taken somewhere else, which the wish didn't. 17 came back at the spot where Gohan killed Cell with the Father-Son Kamehameha.

Meaning that, horrifyingly enough, 17 was forced back to life along with Cell, only to die again.

I figured out why Toriyama chose to name Beerus after beer.

As many of us know, his design is based on the lioness-headed goddess of destruction, Sekhmet of Egyptian lore.

In the story where she came to be, Sekhmet was so much of a slaying machine (as Rick Riordan's books put it) that the other gods couldn't defeat her. So Ra turned her blood lust against her.  Ra filled the rivers with beer, mixed with pomegranate juice, to trick her into thinking it was blood. Fortunately, being too axe-crazy to think clearly, she thought it was real blood and became so drunk she couldn't cause more carnage.

This event is brought up in The Red Pyramid, where her obsession with violence is turned against her again.

34 minutes ago, MKG/Key said:

I figured out why Toriyama chose to name Beerus after beer.

As many of us know, his design is based on the lioness-headed goddess of destruction, Sekhmet of Egyptian lore.

In the story where she came to be, Sekhmet was so much of a slaying machine (as Rick Riordan's books put it) that the other gods couldn't defeat her. So Ra turned her blood lust against her.  Ra filled the rivers with beer, mixed with pomegranate juice, to trick her into thinking it was blood. Fortunately, being too axe-crazy to think clearly, she thought it was real blood and became so drunk she couldn't cause more carnage.

This event is brought up in The Red Pyramid, where her obsession with violence is turned against her again.

He didn't name Beerus tho' :U

He was brought in after the character was named, his name was supposed to sound like the word ''virus'' as his early concept was a God of Destruction who corrupted the saiyan race into the barbarians they became (which would be why current saiyans who live free of his influence are peaceful).

Toriyama joined and changed almost every aspect of Beerus' character, turning him into a generic movie villain into a more gray character in terms of morality, and assumed his name was a pun on beer, so named his assistant Whis based on Whisky, to keep the pun going.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, Ratcicle King said:

Also he's not based on Sekhmet, lol, he's literally based on Toriyama's cat, a Sphynx. He got the idea after the cat miraculously survived after being really sick, and even his veterinary thought he was gonna die, so when he survived, he joked the cat is a deity. So Toriyama got the idea from there.

Toriyama sure gets a lot of inspiration.

So uh...Uub finally makes a physical appearance in the Super manga.

I know he was already mentioned prior but it’s good to finally see him in the flesh.

• Thumbs Up 1

So the character "Aniraza" mentioned in the spoilers for 121 is apparently not the Megazord, but this...

DRIz5qQW0AAKH4F?format=jpg&name=medium

The image comes from a new Heroes trailer, revealing a giant Freeza/Hatchiyack combo. So where does this come from? Paparoni is meant to show off a secret technique in that episode and Reddit mod Terez27 had this idea:

If you shorten Bollareta to his catchphrase "Bolla" (the only thing he ever says), and then take the last syllable of each character's name:

= パンテア (Panchia/Pancea)
 = パパロニ (Paparoni)
 = ボラ (Bora/Bolla) = ボラレータ (Borareta/Bollareta)
 = フリーザ (Furīza/Freeza)

アニラザ = Aniraza

Along with Panchia and Bollareta, the other element of the original 3-part megazord is コイツカイ (Koitsukai), but considering how awkwardly he's sitting on top, maybe Gohan's attack decapitates the original megazord, forcing Paparoni to do his whatever-trick and this 4-part merger involves Freeza somehow.

It's a stretch, but I actually proposed that idea as a joke when we were trying to figure out if Aniraza could be an acronym of the individual elements' names and we couldn't come up with a "za", and now we've got this design that greatly resembles Freeza.

Reading up on Hatchiyack (as I have not seen the movie), the theory sounds more plausible. It absorbs hatred towards the Saiyans and what better choice than Freeza?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

I'm not sure whose idea it was to showcase Oob, but Dende at the end of the original Manga didn't seem to know who Oob was. No. 17 shouldn't be able to hear or see Goku from inside Cell either. Not only was No. 18 unconscious when Cell vomited her up, but she also seemed rather surprised that Gohan killed Cell. Sure, she wasn't inside Cell when he was killed, but she should have at least seen Gohan ripping Cell a new ass hole. Honestly, a lot of this stuff was unnecessary, and it only created inconsistencies. 

Regarding the new movie, can't say I'm interested. The Bardock Special was the only history lesson we needed on the Saiyans. Besides which, modern Dragon Ball doesn't have a good track record with early Saiyan history.

Image result for Dragon Ball minus

Considering Paparoni is nowhere to be seen in the preview for the next episode, it's safe to say he's the 4th component for this Aniraza fusion. 

This white flash is just him assimilating himself into Kochiarator. That bit about 17 and 18 "bowing their heads" might have just been faulty information, like Freeza getting angry at Goku for beating Universe 2, or Gamisaras/Damon being suicide fighters.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Ice Vec said:

Judging for the preview, it seems at least 17 will drop out

I don't think they would actually show someone falling in the preivew.

He most probably will be saved.

Honestly?

I think they could have wrapped up Universe 3 this episode, but decided against it because they've already wiped out 3 universes in the span of 2.

Let's get to the real fight here and throw away the overglorified soupcans.

...not much of a real fight, though, given Jiren isn't that much more exciting an antagonist than Universe 3.

I'm biased but I would have much preferred to see Universe 3 go shortly after 10, and Universe 9 have lasted long enough to have Bergamo fuse with his brothers and taken the role of kaiju monstrosity.

I just hope the timescale doesn't change much. I think it'd be nice to see this over in 7 episodes or so.

23 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

who is thine beauty.

Well, Chronoa transformed. Aka, the Supreme Kai of Time.

The Copy Vegeta episode is coming up in the dub of Super, and you'll never believe who they have to voice him.

• Thumbs Up 8

50 minutes ago, -Robin- said:

Well, Chronoa transformed. Aka, the Supreme Kai of Time.

The Copy Vegeta episode is coming up in the dub of Super, and you'll never believe who they have to voice him.

"What the Hell" indeed. In all seriousness, that's awesome!

Considering Sabat is also the ADR Director and Producer for Funimation's dubs, this means the current dub VA for Vegeta intentionally brought in the original dub VA for Vegeta for what's essentially a voice-off.

Why does that sound like something Vegeta would do if this was a fight.

• Chuckle 1