Awoo.

Dragon Ball (Warning: Untagged Spoilers)

FourCartridge

Guess Ultra Instinct was just about to burn out, but just before it did and Goku fell, he subconsciously picked up Freeza's energy and did Instant Transmission to get to his side. 

From there the two of them will just stall out the last 10 or so seconds and win with numbers.

ill admit Jiren losing via time out instead of overcome with raw strength is a interesting idea. I couldnt fathom how Friezza was gonna win alone anyway

Well.

That was a quick way to tank my interest in the manga.

Shitty writing is shitty writing is shitty writing, sorry.

Just now, Bergamo (Ogilvie) said:

Well.

It makes sense tho. None of them seemed major characters.

2 minutes ago, Bergamo (Ogilvie) said:

Well.

I know you liked them, but they were never major characters, so I don't know why you expected for them to get a bigger role.

• Thumbs Up 3

8 minutes ago, DiamondX the Fighter said:

It makes sense tho. None of them seemed major characters.

Neither did 3 or 10.

3 and 10 aren't even in the intro credits.

6 minutes ago, Kuzu the Boloedge said:

I know you liked them, but they were never major characters, so I don't know why you expected for them to get a bigger role.

Because this comes off as railroading considering the different track the plot took?

U10 is obviously the joke universe, THEY should have been first. It would have been more significant, too.

So. Crappy writing.

1 minute ago, Bergamo (Ogilvie) said:

Because this comes off as railroading considering the different track the plot took?

U10 is obviously the joke universe, THEY should have been first. It would have been more significant, too.

So. Crappy writing.

Toriyama had a specific order for which universes to get eliminated, both the Anime and Manga followed it.

I don't wanna sound blunt, but it mostly sounds like you're upset because they didn't get the attention you wanted them to get. There's really nothing wrong with the writing here.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Kuzu the Boloedge said:

Toriyama had a specific order for which universes to get eliminated, both the Anime and Manga followed it.

I don't wanna sound blunt, but it mostly sounds like you're upset because they didn't get the attention you wanted them to get. There's really nothing wrong with the writing here.

Considering the criticism Toriyama has gotten over Super's direction? That isn't helping the cause here.

9's elimination in the anime hurt me, but it made sense. We got to see all their powers already. They had their little bit of development. They still have far more screentime than almost all the Tournament participants. Then you had Quitela's manipulations behind the scenes.

Considering Bergamo was able to tango with base Goku (an accomplishment in Gokuisthestrongestland), it just feels really forced by comparison here.

But hey. Means I can tune out and save myself a lot of reading time.

5 minutes ago, Bergamo (Ogilvie) said:

Considering the criticism Toriyama has gotten over Super's direction? That isn't helping the cause here.

9's elimination in the anime hurt me, but it made sense. We got to see all their powers already. They had their little bit of development. They still have far more screentime than almost all the Tournament participants. Then you had Quitela's manipulations behind the scenes.

Considering Bergamo was able to tango with base Goku (an accomplishment in Gokuisthestrongestland), it just feels really forced by comparison here.

But hey. Means I can tune out and save myself a lot of reading time.

I never said it was good, just pointing out things progressed more or less like the Anime without the buildup of a universe they knew was going to be out first.

17 minutes ago, Kuzu the Boloedge said:

Gonna have to agree. I don't think there's anything wrong, but it's always sad when characters you want to see do well or root for, don't live up to your expectation. 

Regardless.

I at least have the satisfaction that they lasted longer than Krillin this time around, LOL.

• Thumbs Up 1

Some more leaks are out and...

DYdXO0jVAAAAuMP.jpg

LOL that was fast.

Frost gets KOed after eliminating like 9 or so fighters. No word on if he gets Erased for a tantrum, but I don't doubt that he does.

Spoiler

Apparent stats so far of the Mangaverse

Chapter 33 / 34:

1. Murisam (Universe 10) was eliminited by A17 (Universe 7)

2. Rubalt (Universe 10) was eliminited by Freezer (Universe 7)

3. Prum (Universe 2) was eliminited by A18 (Universe 7)

4. Jimeze (Universe 2) was eliminited by A18 (Universe 7) & Prum (Universe 2)

5. Katopesla (Universe 3) was eliminited by Vegeta (Universe 7)

6. Nink (Universe 4) was eliminited by Vegeta (Universe 7)

7. Krillin (Universe 7) was eliminited by Frost (Universe 6)

8. Dr. Rota (Universe 6) was eliminited by ?????

9. Monna (Universe 4) was eliminited by ??????

10. ????? (Universe 3) was eliminited by ??????

11. ????? (Universe 3) was eliminited by ??????

12. Tenshinhan (Universe 7) was eliminited by Frost (Universe 6)

13. Oregano (Universe 9) was eliminited by Frost (Universe 6)

14. Roselle (Universe 9) was eliminited by Frost (Universe 6)

15. Hyssop (Universe 9) was eliminited by Frost (Universe 6)

16. Cheppil (Universe 9) was eliminited by Frost (Universe 6)

17. Sorrell (Universe 9) was eliminited by Frost (Universe 6)

18. Hop (Universe 9) was eliminited by Frost (Universe 6)

19. Comfrey (Universe 9) was eliminited by Frost (Universe 6)

20. Frost (Universe 6) was eliminited by Freezer (Universe 7)

21. Lavender (Universe 9) was eliminited by Freezer (Universe 7)

22. Basil (Universe 9) was eliminited by Freezer (Universe 7)

23. Bergamo (Universe 9) was eliminited by Freezer (Universe 7)

Universe 9 Erased.

1 - Frost (8)
2 - Freezer (4)
3 - Vegeta (2)
4 - A18 (2)
5 - A17 (1)
6 - Prum (1)

80 - Murisam
79 - Rubalt
78 - Prum
77 - Jimeze
76 - Katopesla
75 - Nink
74 - Krillin
73 - Dr. Rota
72 - Monna
71 - ??? (U3)
70 - ??? (U3)
69 - Tenshinhan
68 - Oregano
67 - Roselle
66 - Hyssop
65 - Cheppil
64 - Sorrell
63 - Hop
62 - Comfrey
61 - Frost
60 - Lavender
59 - Basil
58 - Bergamo

Universe 7 has eliminated 9 competitors.
Universe 6 has eliminated 8 competitors.
Universe 2 has eliminated 1 competitor.

U2 - 8/10
U3 - 7/10
U4 - 8/10
U6 - 8/10
U7 - 8/10
U9 - ERASED
U10 - 8/10
U11 - 10/10

Daaaaaaamn Frost and Freeza just ANNIHILATED universe 9. Frost crushing practically all of them before Freeza crushes him, and then Freeza plays Veterinarian and puts down all the sick dogs :lol:  

In an alternate universe, Freeza couldn't come and so we get to have the great chemistry of Mr. Satan and Boo in the tournament. Throw out like Tenshinhan or Roshi. Maybe Tenshinhan so at least he doesn't get treated like crap. Instead of Freeza, Mr. Satan is the one who manages to be the survivor and winner of the tournament due to sheer luck and circumstance. Kinda like how the big One Piece, Toriko, and Dragon Ball crossover he managed to beat all the Shonen Leads by them all taking each other out XD.

Okay I will give the manga one thing over the anime here.

I absolutely despise Frost and Frieza with a passion now, and will happily enjoy seeing either of them getting wailed on.

That said, I prefer this version of Universe 9's Erasure over the anime's, I must say.

This made me cry. :(

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Bergamo (Ogilvie) said:

That said, I prefer this version of Universe 9's Erasure over the anime's, I must say.

Haven’t  read the new chapter yet, what happened to make you prefer this version?

4 minutes ago, Jiren's Only fan said:

Haven’t  read the new chapter yet, what happened to make you prefer this version?

It ends up with only Bergamo left. It looks like Piccolo isn't really cool with KOing him since he knows what will happen.

Cue Frieza coming in and ruthlessly kicking Bergamo off, to Piccolo's horror.

This is a hell of a lot more tragic than the way the Trio were depicted as arrogant douches in the anime who just get owned by the Final Kamehameha.

D3mryOw.jpg

4 minutes ago, Bergamo (Ogilvie) said:

Okay I will give the manga one thing over the anime here.

I absolutely despise Frost and Frieza with a passion now, and will happily enjoy seeing either of them getting wailed on.

This made me cry. :(

But you are done with the manga now did you not say that XP.

Ah the shame of losing ones you really like:broken_heart:. I know the feeling. It is known as affections being stomped on. It is known as disappointment. It is known as being a fan of the constantly abused Tails from Sonic, as well as the disappoint that is being a fan of Gohan XD

1 minute ago, dbzfan7 said:

But you are done with the manga now did you not say that XP.

Ah the shame of losing ones you really like:broken_heart:. I know the feeling. It is known as affections being stomped on. It is known as disappointment. It is known as being a fan of the constantly abused Tails from Sonic, as well as the disappoint that is being a fan of Gohan XD

I mean.

I probably will sit most of it out if it's just the same order of universe eliminations, really.

I'll tune in mostly for the anthros' sake.

uxglOWv.jpg

They would have jobbed, but they were smart.

This was actually pretty funny. They saw how Frost wrecked everyone else and were just "NOPE" and hopped away.

You can see Toriyama's bullet points rather clearly now.

-Krillin and at least another human character are uncerimoniously eliminated thanks to Frost, directly or indirectly

-U9 is defeated in one go and the first to be erased

-Piccolo and Gohan realize the weight of erasure

-Freeza's trust is put in question with his alliance with Frost

-Freeza tricks Frost and eliminates him (albeit he isn't erased this time).

-Freeza saves Gohan from an enemy, coupling with his betrayal of Frost to make him more trustworthy

''Freeza's way of tricking Frost in the manga: telling him to fight as hard as he can in the first half of the tournament, and promising to take over for him once he's tired out. But then when Frost is tired, Freeza just rings him out.''

tl;dr Frost is a fucking idiot.

It seems like they also transferred the realization and weight of the erasures from U10's deletion(Where we saw Obuni's family) to U9's, with Bergamo flat out begging to Piccolo.

Freeza's plan here was also a bit clearer, while in the anime, most of it was left up in the air(like him tricking Frost into going to his 100% power stressed form to prevent the nimble bastard from dodging.)

It also feels more like a Battle Royale, considering we're seeing people being eliminated left and right, ganging up on others, chaos and confusion all around.

That said, I do still enjoy the anime's version, because not only Goku and Vegeta's team up was fun, but it was a kickass way to start the ToP and inject some much needed hype into the series after 30 episodes of setup.

Also Dr. Rota was eliminated offscreen

We're never gonna fucking learn why he's called a doctor, are we

• Thumbs Up 1