Jump to content
FourCartridge

Dragon Ball (Warning: Untagged Spoilers)

Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, Ratcicle King said:

Are... Are Tien and Krillin ALREADY OUT?

 

Yep. Krillin is clearly seen on the bench. The last page only shows 8 warriors left. You can also make out on the bleachers slightly there's Beerus, Whis, the two Kaioshin, and the last 2 surely have to be Krillin and Tenshinhan.

And yes...that really freaking sucks a lot of ass.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dbzfan7 said:

Yep. Krillin is clearly seen on the bench. The last page only shows 8 warriors left. You can also make out on the bleachers slightly there's Beerus, Whis, the two Kaioshin, and the last 2 surely have to be Krillin and Tenshinhan.

And yes...that really freaking sucks a lot of ass.

It's not surprising, though. We know that Toriyama decided how each U7 member would go out, so I wouldn't expect a significant change in the order or timing. With U9 the first to go, it looks like he did the same for the other universes as a whole, too.

Oh and in case anyone's still worried that a continuation of the anime may not happen:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guess Ultra Instinct was just about to burn out, but just before it did and Goku fell, he subconsciously picked up Freeza's energy and did Instant Transmission to get to his side. 

 

From there the two of them will just stall out the last 10 or so seconds and win with numbers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ill admit Jiren losing via time out instead of overcome with raw strength is a interesting idea. I couldnt fathom how Friezza was gonna win alone anyway

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bergamo (Ogilvie) said:

Well.

That was a quick way to tank my interest in the manga.

Shitty writing is shitty writing is shitty writing, sorry.

It makes sense tho. None of them seemed major characters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

2 minutes ago, Bergamo (Ogilvie) said:

Well.

That was a quick way to tank my interest in the manga.

Shitty writing is shitty writing is shitty writing, sorry.

I know you liked them, but they were never major characters, so I don't know why you expected for them to get a bigger role.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, DiamondX the Fighter said:

It makes sense tho. None of them seemed major characters.

Neither did 3 or 10.

3 and 10 aren't even in the intro credits.

6 minutes ago, Kuzu the Boloedge said:

 

I know you liked them, but they were never major characters, so I don't know why you expected for them to get a bigger role.

Because this comes off as railroading considering the different track the plot took?

U10 is obviously the joke universe, THEY should have been first. It would have been more significant, too.

So. Crappy writing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bergamo (Ogilvie) said:

 

Because this comes off as railroading considering the different track the plot took?

U10 is obviously the joke universe, THEY should have been first. It would have been more significant, too.

So. Crappy writing.

Toriyama had a specific order for which universes to get eliminated, both the Anime and Manga followed it.

I don't wanna sound blunt, but it mostly sounds like you're upset because they didn't get the attention you wanted them to get. There's really nothing wrong with the writing here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Kuzu the Boloedge said:

Toriyama had a specific order for which universes to get eliminated, both the Anime and Manga followed it.

I don't wanna sound blunt, but it mostly sounds like you're upset because they didn't get the attention you wanted them to get. There's really nothing wrong with the writing here.

Considering the criticism Toriyama has gotten over Super's direction? That isn't helping the cause here.

9's elimination in the anime hurt me, but it made sense. We got to see all their powers already. They had their little bit of development. They still have far more screentime than almost all the Tournament participants. Then you had Quitela's manipulations behind the scenes.

Considering Bergamo was able to tango with base Goku (an accomplishment in Gokuisthestrongestland), it just feels really forced by comparison here.

But hey. Means I can tune out and save myself a lot of reading time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Bergamo (Ogilvie) said:

Considering the criticism Toriyama has gotten over Super's direction? That isn't helping the cause here.

9's elimination in the anime hurt me, but it made sense. We got to see all their powers already. They had their little bit of development. They still have far more screentime than almost all the Tournament participants. Then you had Quitela's manipulations behind the scenes.

Considering Bergamo was able to tango with base Goku (an accomplishment in Gokuisthestrongestland), it just feels really forced by comparison here.

But hey. Means I can tune out and save myself a lot of reading time.

I never said it was good, just pointing out things progressed more or less like the Anime without the buildup of a universe they knew was going to be out first.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Kuzu the Boloedge said:

Toriyama had a specific order for which universes to get eliminated, both the Anime and Manga followed it.

I don't wanna sound blunt, but it mostly sounds like you're upset because they didn't get the attention you wanted them to get. There's really nothing wrong with the writing here.

Gonna have to agree. I don't think there's anything wrong, but it's always sad when characters you want to see do well or root for, don't live up to your expectation. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Spoiler

Apparent stats so far of the Mangaverse

Chapter 33 / 34:

1. Murisam (Universe 10) was eliminited by A17 (Universe 7)

2. Rubalt (Universe 10) was eliminited by Freezer (Universe 7)

3. Prum (Universe 2) was eliminited by A18 (Universe 7)

4. Jimeze (Universe 2) was eliminited by A18 (Universe 7) & Prum (Universe 2)

5. Katopesla (Universe 3) was eliminited by Vegeta (Universe 7)

6. Nink (Universe 4) was eliminited by Vegeta (Universe 7)

7. Krillin (Universe 7) was eliminited by Frost (Universe 6)

8. Dr. Rota (Universe 6) was eliminited by ?????

9. Monna (Universe 4) was eliminited by ??????

10. ????? (Universe 3) was eliminited by ??????

11. ????? (Universe 3) was eliminited by ??????

12. Tenshinhan (Universe 7) was eliminited by Frost (Universe 6)

13. Oregano (Universe 9) was eliminited by Frost (Universe 6)

14. Roselle (Universe 9) was eliminited by Frost (Universe 6)

15. Hyssop (Universe 9) was eliminited by Frost (Universe 6)

16. Cheppil (Universe 9) was eliminited by Frost (Universe 6)

17. Sorrell (Universe 9) was eliminited by Frost (Universe 6)

18. Hop (Universe 9) was eliminited by Frost (Universe 6)

19. Comfrey (Universe 9) was eliminited by Frost (Universe 6)

20. Frost (Universe 6) was eliminited by Freezer (Universe 7)

21. Lavender (Universe 9) was eliminited by Freezer (Universe 7)

22. Basil (Universe 9) was eliminited by Freezer (Universe 7)

23. Bergamo (Universe 9) was eliminited by Freezer (Universe 7)

Universe 9 Erased.

_________________________


1 - Frost (8)
2 - Freezer (4)
3 - Vegeta (2)
4 - A18 (2)
5 - A17 (1)
6 - Prum (1)

_________________________

80 - Murisam
79 - Rubalt
78 - Prum
77 - Jimeze
76 - Katopesla
75 - Nink
74 - Krillin
73 - Dr. Rota
72 - Monna
71 - ??? (U3)
70 - ??? (U3)
69 - Tenshinhan
68 - Oregano
67 - Roselle
66 - Hyssop
65 - Cheppil
64 - Sorrell
63 - Hop
62 - Comfrey
61 - Frost
60 - Lavender
59 - Basil
58 - Bergamo

Universe 7 has eliminated 9 competitors.
Universe 6 has eliminated 8 competitors.
Universe 2 has eliminated 1 competitor.

U2 - 8/10
U3 - 7/10
U4 - 8/10
U6 - 8/10
U7 - 8/10
U9 - ERASED
U10 - 8/10
U11 - 10/10

Daaaaaaamn Frost and Freeza just ANNIHILATED universe 9. Frost crushing practically all of them before Freeza crushes him, and then Freeza plays Veterinarian and puts down all the sick dogs :lol:  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In an alternate universe, Freeza couldn't come and so we get to have the great chemistry of Mr. Satan and Boo in the tournament. Throw out like Tenshinhan or Roshi. Maybe Tenshinhan so at least he doesn't get treated like crap. Instead of Freeza, Mr. Satan is the one who manages to be the survivor and winner of the tournament due to sheer luck and circumstance. Kinda like how the big One Piece, Toriko, and Dragon Ball crossover he managed to beat all the Shonen Leads by them all taking each other out XD.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay I will give the manga one thing over the anime here.

I absolutely despise Frost and Frieza with a passion now, and will happily enjoy seeing either of them getting wailed on.

That said, I prefer this version of Universe 9's Erasure over the anime's, I must say.

This made me cry. :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bergamo (Ogilvie) said:

That said, I prefer this version of Universe 9's Erasure over the anime's, I must say.

Haven’t  read the new chapter yet, what happened to make you prefer this version?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Jiren's Only fan said:

Haven’t  read the new chapter yet, what happened to make you prefer this version?

It ends up with only Bergamo left. It looks like Piccolo isn't really cool with KOing him since he knows what will happen.

Cue Frieza coming in and ruthlessly kicking Bergamo off, to Piccolo's horror.

This is a hell of a lot more tragic than the way the Trio were depicted as arrogant douches in the anime who just get owned by the Final Kamehameha.

D3mryOw.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Bergamo (Ogilvie) said:

Okay I will give the manga one thing over the anime here.

I absolutely despise Frost and Frieza with a passion now, and will happily enjoy seeing either of them getting wailed on.

That said, I prefer this version of Universe 9's Erasure over the anime's, I must say.

This made me cry. :(

But you are done with the manga now did you not say that XP.

Ah the shame of losing ones you really like:broken_heart:. I know the feeling. It is known as affections being stomped on. It is known as disappointment. It is known as being a fan of the constantly abused Tails from Sonic, as well as the disappoint that is being a fan of Gohan XD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×

Important Information

You must read and accept our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy to continue using this website. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.