FourCartridge

Dragon Ball (Warning: Untagged Spoilers)

1 minute ago, dbzfan7 said:

But you are done with the manga now did you not say that XP.

Ah the shame of losing ones you really like:broken_heart:. I know the feeling. It is known as affections being stomped on. It is known as disappointment. It is known as being a fan of the constantly abused Tails from Sonic, as well as the disappoint that is being a fan of Gohan XD

I mean.

I probably will sit most of it out if it's just the same order of universe eliminations, really.

I'll tune in mostly for the anthros' sake.

You can see Toriyama's bullet points rather clearly now.

-Krillin and at least another human character are uncerimoniously eliminated thanks to Frost, directly or indirectly

-U9 is defeated in one go and the first to be erased

-Piccolo and Gohan realize the weight of erasure

-Freeza's trust is put in question with his alliance with Frost

-Freeza tricks Frost and eliminates him (albeit he isn't erased this time).

-Freeza saves Gohan from an enemy, coupling with his betrayal of Frost to make him more trustworthy

''Freeza's way of tricking Frost in the manga: telling him to fight as hard as he can in the first half of the tournament, and promising to take over for him once he's tired out. But then when Frost is tired, Freeza just rings him out.''

tl;dr Frost is a fucking idiot.

It seems like they also transferred the realization and weight of the erasures from U10's deletion(Where we saw Obuni's family) to U9's, with Bergamo flat out begging to Piccolo.

Freeza's plan here was also a bit clearer, while in the anime, most of it was left up in the air(like him tricking Frost into going to his 100% power stressed form to prevent the nimble bastard from dodging.)

It also feels more like a Battle Royale, considering we're seeing people being eliminated left and right, ganging up on others, chaos and confusion all around.

That said, I do still enjoy the anime's version, because not only Goku and Vegeta's team up was fun, but it was a kickass way to start the ToP and inject some much needed hype into the series after 30 episodes of setup.

Also Dr. Rota was eliminated offscreen

We're never gonna fucking learn why he's called a doctor, are we

3 minutes ago, DiamondX the Fighter said:

Hit is the true MVP.

He brought 17 back in the tournament.

Huh? Hit?

Ok...Freeza was expected...but they better have an explanation for that last minute surprise

2 minutes ago, Ice Vec said:

Huh? Hit?

Ok...Freeza was expected...but they better have an explanation for that last minute surprise

Remember the "That was a clone. Hit is hiding."?

Well, some people jokingly said Hit is also hiding 17.

And 17 actually returned.

17's explosion was so conclusive that even the Grand Priest said  he had died from it.

....if Goku and Freeza had fallen, would he even had noticed it and declared the fight a draw, or would he had declared U7 the loser despite that not being true.  

The GP's been rigging this tournament from the start for U7, hasn't he. :v

Well...other thing is, that "toll", as Whis called it, that affected Goku is new to me. For a moment, as they showed it, it looked as if Goku was slashed/stabbed on the back

Holy shit the 17 twist was something I did not see coming. Wonder how that's going to figure into everything.

Looks like we get to see Super Shenron based on the golden glow at least. Wonder what the wish being cast will be.

The look  on Beerus and Shin's face makes me think Frieza may end up getting the wish after all.

5 minutes ago, Ice Vec said:

Well...other thing is, that "toll", as Whis called it, that affected Goku is new to me. For a moment, as they showed it, it looked as if Goku was slashed/stabbed on the back

I think that's meant to symbolize the energy basically rupturing from his body more than anything. He's still mortal, so his body can't handle the power beyond that of even the gods for too long.

It was most likely showing inner bleeding or stress taking it's toll on his body. He broke the limit to soon I guess  his body was not trained to handle it

Goku literally spent the last 48 minutes constantly breaking his body's limits and never stopping to give it time to rest. Half of that he was running on fumes, since the fight with Jiren on 110 was around the halfway point of the arc. He kept going on through sheer willpower, but right now his body just broke. The piled up stress was just too much.

I'm imagining the wish exchange going like this:

Vegeta just wants to revive Universe 6. Grand Priest is "NO" because Zen-Oh doesn't want anymore universes and he could always just Erase 7 for their insolence if they try it.

Remembering how Shin mentioned Universe 7 is basically empty, Goku (or someone else) gets the idea to revive the universes within 7. That satisfies Zen-Oh's desire to simplify management while also allowing all the fighters and their universes to live again.

...Zen-Oh loves the idea so much he says to just combine 1, 5, 8 and 12 into 7 while Goku's at it, or they'll get Erased afterward. Look of horror on the exempt gods' faces.

In the end, we get one supermassive, very developed universe for Zen-Oh to be the supreme ruler over,  and a future Tournament of Power is competition between its various regions.

Sets up an excellent basis for a continuation, as we now have God knows how many places to explore and characters to meet, not to mention drama: it's likely Gods like Quitela would not take being rendered subordinate to Beerus laying down.