Awoo.

Dragon Ball (Warning: Untagged Spoilers)

FourCartridge

Spoiler

Fuck the other universes

Wish that man his goddamn boat.

BIG SPOILERS AVOID AT ALL COSTS

13 minutes ago, Kuzu the Boloedge said:

So that was an episode...

Nope, it was a chapter...

Ok, I'll go watch it now

3 minutes ago, DiamondX the Fighter said:

Hit is the true MVP.

He brought 17 back in the tournament.

Huh? Hit?

Ok...Freeza was expected...but they better have an explanation for that last minute surprise

2 minutes ago, Ice Vec said:

Huh? Hit?

Ok...Freeza was expected...but they better have an explanation for that last minute surprise

Remember the "That was a clone. Hit is hiding."?

Well, some people jokingly said Hit is also hiding 17.

And 17 actually returned.

17's explosion was so conclusive that even the Grand Priest said  he had died from it.

....if Goku and Freeza had fallen, would he even had noticed it and declared the fight a draw, or would he had declared U7 the loser despite that not being true.  

The GP's been rigging this tournament from the start for U7, hasn't he. :v

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Chuckle 1

Android 17 is reaching top 3 in my favourite characters list.

After next episode he might become my favourite.

tfw GT was right when they had Gero saying 17 was supposed to be the strongest of all androids.

• Chuckle 2

Well...other thing is, that "toll", as Whis called it, that affected Goku is new to me. For a moment, as they showed it, it looked as if Goku was slashed/stabbed on the back

Holy shit the 17 twist was something I did not see coming. Wonder how that's going to figure into everything.

Looks like we get to see Super Shenron based on the golden glow at least. Wonder what the wish being cast will be.

The look  on Beerus and Shin's face makes me think Frieza may end up getting the wish after all.

5 minutes ago, Ice Vec said:

Well...other thing is, that "toll", as Whis called it, that affected Goku is new to me. For a moment, as they showed it, it looked as if Goku was slashed/stabbed on the back

I think that's meant to symbolize the energy basically rupturing from his body more than anything. He's still mortal, so his body can't handle the power beyond that of even the gods for too long.

• Thumbs Up 1

It was most likely showing inner bleeding or stress taking it's toll on his body. He broke the limit to soon I guess  his body was not trained to handle it

Goku literally spent the last 48 minutes constantly breaking his body's limits and never stopping to give it time to rest. Half of that he was running on fumes, since the fight with Jiren on 110 was around the halfway point of the arc. He kept going on through sheer willpower, but right now his body just broke. The piled up stress was just too much.

• Thumbs Up 4

How is Jiren not disqualified?

He attacked the stand. (Is that how it's called?)

Grand Priest should've disqualified him for that.

Technically there is no rule about that; the rule is that you can't attack from the stands.

Otherwise 17 kicking Vikal straight into the stands could have constituted as attacking the stands, just with a body as the weapon.

• Thumbs Up 3

I'm imagining the wish exchange going like this:

Vegeta just wants to revive Universe 6. Grand Priest is "NO" because Zen-Oh doesn't want anymore universes and he could always just Erase 7 for their insolence if they try it.

Remembering how Shin mentioned Universe 7 is basically empty, Goku (or someone else) gets the idea to revive the universes within 7. That satisfies Zen-Oh's desire to simplify management while also allowing all the fighters and their universes to live again.

...Zen-Oh loves the idea so much he says to just combine 1, 5, 8 and 12 into 7 while Goku's at it, or they'll get Erased afterward. Look of horror on the exempt gods' faces.

In the end, we get one supermassive, very developed universe for Zen-Oh to be the supreme ruler over,  and a future Tournament of Power is competition between its various regions.

Sets up an excellent basis for a continuation, as we now have God knows how many places to explore and characters to meet, not to mention drama: it's likely Gods like Quitela would not take being rendered subordinate to Beerus laying down.

• Promotion 1

Well no one could sense 17, being an android and all so the twist makes sense.

• Thumbs Up 2

Just as well, everyone expected Freeza to save Goku's ass when or if UI ran out. The writers were on the same wavelength, evidently, and threw in that curveball.

A Goku/Vegeta tag team conclusion might have been the "right" way to end this, but I'll take this unpredictable team. Because now, it's the Saiyan race, the Emperor, and Earth altogether for the final moments. They are U7's signature races, so they all get to see this to the end.

• Thumbs Up 2

Going to be really interesting to see how this ends.

...though 17's sudden reappearance offers an interesting possibility. This whole time, we've debated whether it would be Frieza or Goku who won and got the wish.

What if in the end, 17's the last one standing in a twist, and he gets the wish instead?

It looks like he never really wanted his petty wish. What if he's planning to revive all the universes?

He actually would have plenty of reason to, the selflessness of his apparent sacrifice aside. He knows what it's like to be yanked around by beings of higher power and to have everything he knew ripped away from him by extension. Considering his career choice, it seems he has a compassionate heart, even if he seems to prefer isolation. You might raise his willingness to toss himself into space as evidence he doesn't really care about anything, but I get the feeling he has Imposter Syndrome and sometimes can't fathom that his family could actually love him. It's entirely possible he was "whatever" to Goku about the prospect of being Erased to carry on a facade of not caring, but all the signs show that just isn't true.

• Thumbs Up 1

Screw his goddamn boat. This bullshit comeback is all the reward he needs. =P

Seriously though, bringing him back like this was too sudden and really takes a lot away from the "sacrifice" he made.

1 hour ago, Pawn said:

Screw his goddamn boat. This bullshit comeback is all the reward he needs. =P

Seriously though, bringing him back like this was too sudden and really takes a lot away from the "sacrifice" he made.

That's basically why I'm hoping there's more of a reason behind this.

If he's brought back just to job, it will be extra disappointing.

Managing to be the last one standing, however? Perhaps by somehow managing to hold onto the ring during a part that blows everyone else off or something? Or maybe the fact he can naturally fly (it's possible the subversion of flight's importance early on was to make it dramatic towards the end) allowing him to stay in bounds, unlike everyone else? Suddenly it feels so much more right for him to not have just legit died.

Even moreso if he ends up making a selfless wish with the Super Dragon Balls.

2 minutes ago, Bergamo (Ogilvie) said:

That's basically why I'm hoping there's more of a reason behind this.

If he's brought back just to job, it will be extra disappointing.

Managing to be the last one standing, however? Perhaps by somehow managing to hold onto the ring during a part that blows everyone else off or something? Suddenly it feels so much more right for him to not have just legit died.

Even moreso if he ends up making a selfless wish with the Super Dragon Balls.

The way the arc's been written though; 17's survival just doesn't make sense. His lack of flaws in recent episodes made me lose interest in him, but at least the sacrifice made it clear that he was just far too out of his depth in this fight. Now it seems not even Goku's plot armour exceeds his. The plot would have made more sense and worked just as well had Freeza and Goku been all that remains of U7, with the series' most famous hero and villain fighting side by side. What does bringing 17 back do for the story? Goku can easily wish everyone back himself.

At this point, I'm half-expecting Jiren to just unmask himself, revealing he was 17 all along because twists.

• Chuckle 1