Awoo.

Dragon Ball (Warning: Untagged Spoilers)

FourCartridge

The real-time Tournament of Power video is up at last.

Some highlights include the fact every one of the side scenes freezes when Hit freezes time.

http://www.dbs-cardgame.com/us-en/strategy/tournament-of-power/blue.php

Report on the blue cards for the Tournament of Power Booster pack for the Super card game.

...I'm not 100% sure of the game's rules but it's looking like the Trio de Dangers are absolute monsters if all three of them are in play.

dbscg_tb1-038_dummy.pngdbscg_tb1-037_dummy.pngdbscg_tb1-036_dummy.png

Also, neat detail bonus: in what surprises no one who follows how Lavender gets treated in fan work, Lavender is shown to be the weakest of the three brothers, and Basil is shown to be more powerful than Bergamo under the right circumstances.

• 3 weeks later...

More character designs have been revealed. They look so much better without that Super saturation and gloss.

• Thumbs Up 1

The art style still looks great, but Vegeta is still in his Cell saga armor >_>

12 minutes ago, Marcello said:

The art style still looks great, but Vegeta is still in his Cell saga armor >_>

It looks more like the ROF outfit IMO.

It's not. It's not grey and it doesn't have the added pockets and padding. It's just a darker blue Cell saga outfit.

Wait, rewind a bit. I never got to care much about Heroes since it's been a Japan exclusive since always.

But if it's getting an anime adaption, I'd like to know what's about if I want to give it a try

5 hours ago, Ice Vec said:

Wait, rewind a bit. I never got to care much about Heroes since it's been a Japan exclusive since always.

But if it's getting an anime adaption, I'd like to know what's about if I want to give it a try

The anime will be a PR anime (like an OVA). It's purpose is to make more people interested in the game.

The anime will show Universe Mission and the Prison Planet Saga. Basically Fu chains a lot of planets together and locks Trunks and other people in it. Cooler is one of them as well.

Xeno Goku (Time Patroller Goku), Xeno Vegeta and the Supreme Kai want to save him and encouter SSB Goku. Xeno Goku transforms into SSJ4 and the 2 Gokus fight.

Trunks and Cooler manage to escape and Cooler temporarily joins the others.

Yea this isn't the new series were getting after the movie I expect this to be like a 4 to 5 episode ova

7 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

Yea this isn't the new series were getting after the movie I expect this to be like a 4 to 5 episode ova

It's an OVA, yeah.

1st episode will be shown on July 1st.

https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/dragon-ball-super-chapter-36/chapter/6837?read=1

37 is up.

-The script is flipped on Universe 2: Ribrianne and co. think Krillin is gorgeous, and 18 is hideous and too ugly for him.

-18 gets eliminated by Gamisaras.

-Gamisaras proceeds to wipe out the Kamikaze Fireballs as well.

-Damom proceeds to eliminate Piccolo after he takes out Gamisaras.

-17 eliminates Damom in the same way as the anime, by tracking him with his hearing.

-Universe 10 is left with only Obuni.

There are 33 minutes remaining. 37 fighters are left.

Looking like next issue will focus on taking out a bunch of Pride Troopers and finishing off Universe 10.

Universe 7 is left with Goku, Vegeta, Gohan, Frieza, and 17.

• Chuckle 1

Wait. Wait. Wait.

U2 thinks Krillin is gorgeous?! 

Wasn't that the opposite in the anime?

4 hours ago, DiamondX said:

Wait. Wait. Wait.

U2 thinks Krillin is gorgeous?! 

Wasn't that the opposite in the anime?

YEP.

And no joke, Ribrianne is so flustered at Krillin that she loses the strength to knock out 18, who breaks out of her teammates' grip.

It's moot, though, as Gamisaras eliminates all four of them shortly afterward.

Universe 4 was given some major teeth this time around, to say the least, being able to knock out Universe 2's elites as well as 18 and Piccolo. And here's the best part: Ganos is still in play, and he's their strongest warrior.

It's also possible the remaining 5 members of Universe 7 won't all make it to the fight with Universe 11 like in the show.

My money's on Gohan falling to one of the other universes. Though they could always surprise us by having 17 fall early and transferring his role to Gohan instead. I'd say the only character who for-sure won't be standing at the end is Frieza for obvious reasons.

With 19 characters having been wiped out in this issue, they're not having it so only a handful of fighters fall every few minutes. They're clearing the board early so the strongest fighters get their own matches. We have 33 minutes left, and we are... 4 issues in? So with about 4 minutes per issue, we're looking at 8 or 9 more.

• Thumbs Up 1

I doubt they'll be much change from the eliminations regarding the final five, with Gohan likely taking Dyspo out with him and 17 claiming the wish. Those moments are just too important.

So far, Tien and 18 are the only ones to have received a different knockout blow and neither were integral to the overall plot in either case (although 18's sacrifice could have gone towards influencing 17's actions later, which was a good choice on Toei's part). Piccolo's was the same, but it's a real shame that he never got to take on the Namekians.

Let's not forget about Roshi, though. He's still in. Toriyama's notes probably said something like "Roshi does something awesome", but he could drop out deliberately after exhausting himself all the same. We'll see.

It feels like the manga is rushing through this arc, with very little of actual interest going on. The novelty of seeing a different interpretation of the anime is the only reason I really read it.

Oh lol, I forgot all about Roshi. I just assumed Frost got him too; guess I didn't look too closely at the board (seeing the blanked out 9 makes me screech with furry rage, after all).

Guess he'll be the one to wipe out U4 this time around then.

23 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

I think frieza will be in till the end

I think that goes without saying. I know the manga changes things up but they still go by a plot point to plot point script that Toriyama creates. Basically - get from Point A to Point B, Point B to Point C etc, so on so forth. Considering that the finale of Super was hinged around Goku and Frieza putting their rivalry aside to take Jiren down with them, I would assume that's something Toriyama more or less decided had to be the finale.

• Thumbs Up 1

I just wonder how they will top the universe arc when the show starts back up next year.

The community is now in anpther controversy...

Toyotaro tracing the Goku pose for the 25th Anniverary V-Jump cover.

The pose originates from a Caotain America issue and is almost identical to the one Goku has.

Controversy? I'm just hearing about it and not really affected. Though tracing is silly