Awoo.

Dragon Ball (Warning: Untagged Spoilers)

FourCartridge

They also did the Freeza saga to promote Resurrection 'F' before it came out.

It's Furry vs Recolor in the first episode of Super Dragon Ball Heroes

#TeamFurry #Fuckdarecolors

But in all seriousness it's ok at best if not underwhelming. Still seeing my second favourite form return after so long like this was a treat. But it's a promotion, not a full anime, so it's kinda hard to really try and compare it to one. Would have to compare it to other promotional anime.

Also Super Saiyan 4 gets the egg shell like transformation just like Blue.

NjtUWuG.png

VJ5sT4t.png

Man. Putting SSJ4 right next to Blue like that just highlights how downright ridiculous SSJ4 is.

• Thumbs Up 2

Aesthetically speaking? I mean yeah, with as under designed as Blue is, Super Saiyan 4 looks over designed by comparison. Quite frankly, I think Super Saiyan 4 is one of the best forms in the franchise, both conceptually and aesthetically. It's my personal favorite, but it's certainly not as iconic as the standard Super Saiyan. 

Regarding the Heroes anime itself, eh, it's what I expected. All fan service, no substance. 

• Thumbs Up 3

Why did you expect substance. Its to promote a game and a arc in the game that has basically finished. I see this being 3 to 4 episodes as going by what happens in the game this first episode gets through a lot already.

I didn't expect substance, I'm just pointing out it's more of the same, which is why I wasn't interested to begin with.

I am confused what is more of the same. Not being mean but do you mean story wise? Or where noting really happens at first.

So, glorified ad for a game no one outside Japan can play. Guess I'm not really surprised. Was hoping it'd be a little longer, but eh.

It is nice seeing Super Saiyan 4 and Coola again if nothing else.

• Thumbs Up 1

It is just a longer Heroes commercial with dialogue. That said, I like watching the Heroes commercials so I think it's okay. I'd be okay with a sister series that actually adapts Heroes' storyline so long as it didn't come in place of Toriyama's story, so maybe my standards are lower though.

5 hours ago, Zaysho said:

So, glorified ad for a game no one outside Japan can play. Guess I'm not really surprised. Was hoping it'd be a little longer, but eh.

It is nice seeing Super Saiyan 4 and Coola again if nothing else.

Well, the website itself is region locked IIRC. They never said this was for an international release.

For what it is made for it's good.

11 minutes ago, DiamondX said:

Well, the website itself is region locked IIRC. They never said this was for an international release.

For what it is made for it's good.

Eh, that wasn't a concern for me. Saw it coming since it's Heroes. I can appreciate the fanservice and nods because that's kind of Heroes' whole schtick and it makes it fun, but it's still just an eight minute commercial with a plot held together with bubblegum. I mean, that's fine and it functions in the context of just promoting the game (that, again, we can't play), but I guess I was hoping for a little more than that. I'd actually be down for a sister series akin to what GentlemanX described, but it'd probably create some confusion.

At least I can look forward to Coola doing something before getting binned again.

2 hours ago, Zaysho said:

Eh, that wasn't a concern for me. Saw it coming since it's Heroes. I can appreciate the fanservice and nods because that's kind of Heroes' whole schtick and it makes it fun, but it's still just an eight minute commercial with a plot held together with bubblegum. I mean, that's fine and it functions in the context of just promoting the game (that, again, we can't play), but I guess I was hoping for a little more than that. I'd actually be down for a sister series akin to what GentlemanX described, but it'd probably create some confusion.

At least I can look forward to Coola doing something before getting binned again.

The thing is that the animators are working on the movie, and I don't think 2 Key Animators and one Animation Supervisor can make a 24 minute episode without ending up as a mess.

Well they did let it be known from the start this was not going to be a full series and only promotional in terms of length. I see a mother on YouTube upset its only8 mine. Some overthought this one

Watched the first episode and to be honest even as a promotion, it kind of sucks.

SSJ4 Goku and SSB don’t fight for very long, Fu comes out of nowhere after being introduced in Xenoverse, Trunks got beaten and captured somehow, and I’m pretty sure who they’re trying to hype as Evil Saiyan is SSJ4 Broly who appeared in Heroes before. 

I get that it’s a promotional thing but it doesn’t really do much to sell you on things beyond the bare premise of having movie villains finally appear in a proper anime again after years of absence. As someone who likes him - I can’t wait to see Cooler and if he had a new golden final form, I think that could be even better. Bojack was also visible too and it wouldn’t surprise me if we saw Janemba and Gogeta either, or maybe even Baby and Omega, especially with SSJ4 Goku present.

Also, not gonna lie that I find it really cool that SSJ4 Goku is vastly different from regular Goku. He seems capable of creating plans, thinking on the fly on escaping, and seems pretty informed all things considered, also like that he’s pretty hotheaded.

30 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Watched the first episode and to be honest even as a promotion, it kind of sucks.

SSJ4 Goku and SSB don’t fight for very long, Fu comes out of nowhere after being introduced in Xenoverse, Trunks got beaten and captured somehow, and I’m pretty sure who they’re trying to hype as Evil Saiyan is SSJ4 Broly who appeared in Heroes before. 

I get that it’s a promotional thing but it doesn’t really do much to sell you on things beyond the bare premise of having movie villains finally appear in a proper anime again after years of absence. As someone who likes him - I can’t wait to see Cooler and if he had a new golden final form, I think that could be even better. Bojack was also visible too and it wouldn’t surprise me if we saw Janemba and Gogeta either, or maybe even Baby and Omega, especially with SSJ4 Goku present.

Also, not gonna lie that I find it really cool that SSJ4 Goku is vastly different from regular Goku. He seems capable of creating plans, thinking on the fly on escaping, and seems pretty informed all things considered, also like that he’s pretty hotheaded.

Well

1. Fu originates from Online but yes, his design is the XV one.

2. Evil Saiyan isn't Broly. It's a new Saiyan called Cumber/Kanba.

3. SSJ4 Goku is Xeno Goku, he is a member of the Time Patrol. That explains why he is very imformed.

So, some Fridge Brilliance just hit me.

When Zen-oh Erases universes during the Tournament of Power, it's near instant. He doesn't even need to move, he just clenches his fist and that's it. For some reason, he takes his sweet time in getting rid of Zamasu though, you know, "charging" his energy and flying up into the sky. When he finally releases all that energy, the heroes get out just in time. Lucky break, right? Totally?

...no, actually. Based on the revelations of Zen-oh's true nature, it's more like he deliberately held off on Erasing the future until the cast were able to escape. Never mind it was nice for dramatic effect on top of that. So it's arguable that the very first time we saw Zen-oh use his Erase power, there was a hint his amoral, reckless persona is not his actual one. Similarly, the way he playfully scolds Champa and Beerus for not doing their jobs hints at what he's really like. The series gave us two subtle hints that Zen-oh was never planning for any erased universes to stay erased.

His Obfuscating Stupidity makes him oddly more terrifying.

I don't think it's a case of Zamasu's scale that made Zen-oh take longer, either. We know from the Tournament of Power arc that Zen-oh can change the very nature of his Erase attack at a whim. With Universe 4 and 9, everyone was frozen in place, whereas the fighters from 2, 6, and 11 were given a few moments to have parting words. It's extremely possible he could have just blinked Zamasu out (and since the very multiverse was corrupted, he could not Erase Zamasu without Erasing everything else that was present), but he gave a few precious moments for everyone else to get the Hell out of there.

• Thumbs Up 3

Been doin' a Dragon Ball Marathon, watching everything in the franchise in order of release. I've recently finished Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z, and have started GT. These are my scores for everything so far. 

Dragon Ball

• Hunt for the Dragon Balls Arc: 7/10
  • 21st Tenkaichi Budokai Arc: 7.5/10
  • Red Ribbon Arc: 7.25/10
  • 22nd Tenkaichi Budokai Arc: 7.5/10
  • Piccolo Daimao Arc: 7.25/10
  • 23rd Tenkaichi Budokai Arc: 8/10
  • Filler: 6.25/10
  • Series Overall Score: 7.25/10

Dragon Ball Movies

• The Legend of Shenlong(Curse of the Blood Rubies): 7/10
  • Sleeping Princess in Devil's Castle: 8/10
  • A Mystical Great Adventure: 7.5/10

Dragon Ball Z

• Saiyan Arc: 8/10
  • Freeza Arc: 8/10
  • Artificial Human Arc: 8.25/10
  • Majin Boo Arc: 7.5/10
  • Filler: 6.5/10
  • Series Overall Score: 7.75/10

Dragon Ball Z Movies

• Return My Gohan!!(Dead Zone): 8/10
  • The World's Strongest Guy: 9/10
  • A Super Decisive Battle for Earth(Tree of Might): 7.5/10
  • Super Saiyan Son Goku(Lord Slug): 7/10
  • The Incredible Strongest vs Strongest(Cooler's Revenge): 9/10
  • Clash!! 10,000,000,000 Powerful Warriors(The Return of Cooler): 7.5/10
  • Extreme Battle!! The Three Great Super Saiyans(Super Android 13): 7/10
  • Burn Up!! A Red-Hot, Raging, Super Fierce Fight(Broly: The Legendary Super Saiyan): 9/10
  • The Galaxy at the Brink!! The Super Incredible Guy(Bojack Unbound): 8/10
  • Dangerous Duo! Super-Warriors Can't Rest(Broly: Second Coming): 6/10
  • Super-Warrior Defeat!! I'm the One Who'll Win(Bio Broly): 6/10
  • Rebirth of Fusion!! Goku and Vegeta(Fusion Reborn): 10/10
  • Dragon Fist Explosion!! If Goku Won't do it, Who Will?(Wrath of the Dragon): 8/10

Dragon Ball Z TV Specials

• A FInal, Solitary Battle. The Father of the Z-Warrior Kakarotto, who Challenged Freeza(Bardock: The Father of Goku): 10/10
  • Defiance in the Face of Despair!! The Remaining Super-Warriors: Gohan and Trunks(The History of Trunks): 10/10
  • Thumbs Up 2

Sorry for the double post, but here are the scores for GT.

Series

• Baby Arc: 6.75/10
  • Super No. 17 Arc: 6.5/10
  • Evil Dragons Arc: 7/10
  • Series Overall Score: 6.75/10

Movie(s)

• The Path to Ultimate Strength: 7.5/10

TV Special(s)

• Goku's Side Story! The Proof of his Courage is the 4-Star Ball(A Hero's Legacy): 5/10

EDIT: Here are the scores for Modern Dragon Ball Z

Modern Dragon Ball Z

• Heya! Son Goku and his Friends Return!!: 6/10
  • Plan to Eradicate the Super Saiyans: 6/10
  • Episode of Bardock 2/10
  • Battle of Gods: 9/10
  • Resurrection 'F': 7.5/10

FUCKING WELP!!!

Spoiler

Dhrc1rjU0AAqkmb.jpg

EDIT: The tweet has been removed. It's legitimacy is in question.

Spoiler

On the bright side, Kale just became irrelevant. 

Long live Caulifla!

We have another picture with merch and the logo, it's looking pretty confirmed.

There's a lot to unpack here. I actually like the character though, so I'm intrigued not upset at the prospect. But yeah, so many questions.