Awoo.

Dragon Ball (Warning: Untagged Spoilers)

FourCartridge

The armour looks like Tagoma's, so a new style battle armour? Is Broly a member of the Frieza Force?

I love how relatively slim Broly looks. He's still recognizable, but his design's no longer over the top. I dig it.

Also, lol at the manga scene. Feels sillier and sillier that we didn't get an episode of two of the gang on the island.

I prefer the old Broly design. The tight pants are lamer than his old big pants.

5 hours ago, GentlemanX said:

I love how relatively slim Broly looks. He's still recognizable, but his design's no longer over the top. I dig it.

Also, lol at the manga scene. Feels sillier and sillier that we didn't get an episode of two of the gang on the island.

I was actually seriously expecting they'd cut to Goten and Trunks fighting poachers at some point during the Tournament based on the cliffhanger, but I was pleasantly surprised.

I suppose if the show returns after the movie's release they might cover that part. :P

Honestly, DB's too much of a cashcow for them to simply not adapt future manga issues since it sounds like the manga will continue past the Tournament. Never mind the fact they're basing so much off the anime instead of the manga seems to indicate that's the primary focus this time around.

Ignoring how dumb it is that the Cell Jr.s survived, at least I get confirmation that Goten and Trunks are Cell Jr. tier, given No. 17 states they are about as strong as the ones from the Cell Games.

Seems to have slipped under the radar, but Episode 2 of the Heroes anime is here.

Spoiler
  • Evil Saiyan can brainwash others and make them go berserk, does this to Goku.
  • Trunks has escaped already, so there goes the suspense on that one.
  • Another Trunks VS Goku fight
  • Vegeta (the SSB one) knows who Cooler is
  • Evil Saiyan is called Cumber
  • Cooler is working with the heroes
  • Cooler goes golden
  • Vegito Blue is back...because Mai happened to have potara on her from the Supreme Kai.

Another pretty meh episode. I get it, promotional anime and all that, but they keep having so many cool ideas, and yet they feel like they ultimately fall short of the mark and they try to cram so much into one episode that every cool fight ends up lasting a minute at best, if even that. On top of everything, Fu continues to be an incredibly boring villain and frankly feels a bit like a Mary Sue, capable of messing with all of the heroes and can't be punished because of this or that.

Why people keep acting disappointed is confusing. They made it known these would be short and only purpose is to promote a game of course the plots going to rush

New Broly looks all right

19 hours ago, ThePrinceOfSaiyans said:

A closer look at Broli's new design.

DiL2gMtW0AEaWzo.jpg

Posted Image

New Broly looks all right, actually. Toriyama's pushing that Hulk influence even more this time

image.png.c4614d3f2344d38cdf464cc7e1f27abd.png

So I am wondering if frieza force finds him. It would explain the new characters in his army. Maybe they find him and tell frieza how beastly he is. That or frieza controls him or he could literally just work with frieza. I am most interested in the history of the saiyans and friezas hate of them. He originally said this movie would answear this and explore it. I am glad frieza is back in the world. Again I really hope cooler could be cannon. I like frieza but cooler is just well cooler. Only villian outside broly well technically no he is the only one to literally say f it to a kamahamaha and swim through it.

This is a much better look for Paragus in that its distinct and kind of funny. How many old Saiyans in pink dresses have we seen so far? Not enough, that's for sure.

EDIT: Spoilers for the upcoming manga chapter, but look who it is!

Yfzf2JR.jpg

And she's fighting Gohan! So it looks like she won't be as strong in this (or holds back, who knows) and perhaps Gohan will get an epic one-on-one fight.

Spoiler

Is Gohan wearing his purple gi? That's pretty cool.

He still looks like Vegeta, though.

It's nice to see Paragus as obviously older. No matter the setting for Broly and him, Planet Vegeta's destruction and the death of the Saiyan race is fixed, and so events have to reflect that time-wise.

The Broly Z movie took place in the Cell Saga, about 31 years after the planet blew up. This Super movie takes place while Pan is at least one year old, about 15 years later than that, so everyone's older as a result. Nice attention to detail.

• Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, -Robin- said:

It's nice to see Paragus as obviously older. No matter the setting for Broly and him, Planet Vegeta's destruction and the death of the Saiyan race is fixed, and so events have to reflect that time-wise.

The Broly Z movie took place in the Cell Saga, about 31 years after the planet blew up. This Super movie takes place while Pan is at least one year old, about 15 years later than that, so everyone's older as a result. Nice attention to detail.

Now if only they'd remember that for Trunks, Goten, and Marron.

No excuse for Marron, but Goku didn't visibly show signs of aging until he met up with everyone at the 23rd Tenkaichi Budokai, when he was 19 years old. Could just chalk Goten and Trunks up to acquiring that set of Saiyan genes whereas Gohan inherited more human characteristics, including the biological growth pattern.

Same applies to the mature Saiyan bodies though. They remain at their physical peak until their mid to late 70s. Paragus simply crossed that threshold and deteriorated fast.

We've seen 13-year-old Trunks in the original series and he was taller. Like, around Cell-saga Gohan size.

Lmk40Jd.png?1

And it's not just their size. They all still act like they're little kids, especially Marron who is constantly treated like a toddler, even though she's around 9 at this point.

Also, Goku had a small growth spurt for the 22nd World Tournament. Krillin complains that Goku is taller than him.RlAwMml.jpg?1

• Thumbs Up 1

I think one of the worst things about Super!Goten/Trunks is that they very clearly are trying to imply that they're getting older, but they're seemingly too lazy to make new designs that aren't GT/End of Z Goten/Trunks. 

Prime example being that during the Buu saga, Goten was the one person who actually thought the Great Saiyaman was cool, Trunks had grown past the stage of goofy superheroes and believed it was lame. Later in Super, Goten's hit that exact same stage and sees it as lame too.

I was wondering when Super Saiyan God Vegeta was gonna show up in the anime.

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't get it. Are Paragus and Broly not part of the Freeza army?

Or do they betray them?