Awoo.

Dragon Ball (Warning: Untagged Spoilers)

FourCartridge

51 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Ah shit, what happened now? :😩

Vic Mignogna (voice of Broly) has kinda been saying a lot of shit for a while. Lotta stuff from being a dick at cons, being kinda pervy to fans and being anti gay to name a few.

2 minutes ago, The Tenth Doctor said:

Vic Mignogna (voice of Broly) has kinda been saying a lot of shit for a while. Lotta stuff from being a dick at cons, being kinda pervy to fans and being anti gay to name a few.

He said that?

1 minute ago, DabigRG said:

He said that?

Well no, sorry. They've been said about him, though the proof is all over the place. Guy won't sign fan art of characters in a gay relationship, been seen getting a bit handsy with fans, treating con workers like dirt. The list goes on.

7 minutes ago, The Tenth Doctor said:

Well no, sorry. They've been said about him, though the proof is all over the place. Guy won't sign fan art of characters in a gay relationship, been seen getting a bit handsy with fans, treating con workers like dirt. The list goes on.

Yeah, I looked up an article with a tumblr link.

Like, the first one is one thing, but seriously wtf.

Also, "Maybe it's because I wasn't fallin for his shit, maybe it's because I'm wearing a Dovaahkiin helmet."

The homophobic stuff seems a little flimsier, lots of people won't sign or act out yaoi stuff, Vic mostly gets it because he's uber-religious. I've not found any particular cases of him being an ass to actual LGBT people.

The main stuff I was referring to was the sexual assault and general creep-ass behavior, something that's been going on with both fans and fellow voice members. Monical Rial (Bulma, Tsuyu Asui, many others) has been incredibly vocal about this stuff. According to her the guy is a cycle of creepass -> backlash -> crocodile tears -> "I will change my behavior" -> wait -> back to creepass, and I see no reason not to believe her and the dozens of others reporting on this.

I gotta say it hurts, given that I really liked his performance as Edward Elric, but I don't think there's a case for defending him. He dug this grave, I guess this is what he gets.

• Thumbs Up 3

Having actually met and seen how the guy acts in person I can say its conflicting. Again I still like him as a voice actor. Im still going to keep all my autographs from him and videos I took. But on the creepy part Ive heard the yaoi fanart story and I mean you can not force someone to sign something. As for the hugging and all that he does do that a lot from what ive seen. But its always the thing where in the early con days before media made being a nerd mainstream (you know the days where you would get made fun of for wearing a pokemon shirt) people and stars hugged people at cons all the time. Both young and old. Ive seen the guy hug young fangirls that rushed up to him in line to glomp and hug him tight. I am sure some probably did not like the hug they got back. Never seen him kiss a fan on the lips but ive seen him kiss them on the cheeks. Ive also seen him call young fans whose friends gave them their phone number cause they could not make it to the con and say they sounded lovely and all that jazz. No idea what he said to anger whoever brought these old tales to light recently. Not defending him if he say slept with someone which from what ive read its just hugs and cheek kisses but if things were as bad as some say then go to someone right away. Not this im going to hold this card in my hand and just wait till you upset me before i really try and start going after you.  But thats just me and from what ive seen of the guy in person the last near decade.

My issue with Vic was that hé apparantly said in An interview that Fei from Tsubasa isn't gay and that Clamp told him that.

1: Clamp is a group of women not one person,

2: none of the Clamp members can speak English, Vic cant speak Japanse,

3: Clamp has always been known to be a fujoshi group, ( Heck they started out making Yaoi fan comics based on Devilman and Captain Tsubasa) Clamp always have made gblt characters and themes into their stories, Clamp hinted that Fei and Kuro's relationship was speciaal and deep , its very unlikely that they would outright say 'Fei isnt gay"" and its such a weird thing to lie about as if Vic Just didn't want to face the fact hé might have voiced a gay character?

It has been known for years he does not like yaoi. I think once he played off ed doing a sweet callout to mustang but you could tell he did not like it. Not everyone is going to be into what some fans enjoy aka fangirls and yaoi pitches many times.

1 hour ago, Meta77 said:

It has been known for years he does not like yaoi. I think once he played off ed doing a sweet callout to mustang but you could tell he did not like it. Not everyone is going to be into what some fans enjoy aka fangirls and yaoi pitches many times.

Yeah that isnt the problem, the problem is that Vic has lied and made claims about characters sexualities and romances that simply isnt true with characters like Fei. I get the part of not wanting to sign a Yaoi fanart but But you simply dont like to people about and make false claims.

He could do it for whatever reason i guess. I also think its cause fans want the VA to be behind whatever they voice or believe what that character does irl. I know for a 100% fact at a con i went to years ago a fan asked him why he believes in a god if he voices a character that denounces him (ed). Vic said its cause Ed is just a character. Just cause he voices someone that thinks or believes a certain thing does not mean the VA does as well. Of course the fan did not like this answer but she eventually sat down.

5 hours ago, Meta77 said:

He could do it for whatever reason i guess. I also think its cause fans want the VA to be behind whatever they voice or believe what that character does irl. I know for a 100% fact at a con i went to years ago a fan asked him why he believes in a god if he voices a character that denounces him (ed). Vic said its cause Ed is just a character. Just cause he voices someone that thinks or believes a certain thing does not mean the VA does as well. Of course the fan did not like this answer but she eventually sat down.

Yeah but that doesn't mean its okay to lie, If Is AM not mistaken hé also claimed something about Ed's belief system that contractdicted with the character.

2 hours ago, RedFox99 said:

What are your guys' thoughts on this whole fiasco?

I need hard proof he got into bed with someone. Ive seen him first hand kiss fans on the cheek and hug them. Now if he pulled someone into a elevator and made out with them he should be punished. But this just seems like some fans that are either in one of 2 categorys. 1. Fans that were hugged by him or called cute which they did not like. 2. friends of said friends who have no said evidence but they beleive whatever they friend tells them and color vic as a creep. A lot of fans ive talked to dislike his christian talk. He can come off sort of hard on that. But I do not know. Fans rushing up to stars and getting kissed ont the cheek and hugs and all that for years. But these days if i were a star id never touch a fan ever.

Its cause a large segment of fans have hated vic for years. Again I am not sure if any of this holds up but they now like to puff up their chest trying to say that "see i told you he was a creep, good riddance etc etc" without having proof outside of my friend said he was a creep so i believe them. 

Considering how many people have come forward calling him out, I think it's pretty fucking dumb to doubt it.

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't see anything particularly surprising about the timing. He starred in one of the most impactful films in one of the most popular franchises of all time, and this brought him to people's attention. If you knew all this stuff about him before the movie came out you could even have predicted it, it only makes sense that people would talk about him now, when they're most likely to get noticed and hopefully make a difference.

If you're going for the "why are they only bringing it up now" angle, there are a multitude of answers, including but not limited to:

A. They did before and nobody listened.

B. They didn't think anyone would listen.

C. They thought it might have been an isolated incident with them.

D. Sexual assault leaves scars that you don't necessarily see on a person and they may have been incapable of simply disclosing a bunch of sensitive information like that.

E. They were worried that if they did talk about it they could be attacked in return, which is what has happened to many.

And I'm sorry, but you don't need video fucking evidence when this many people are all calling one guy out. Women do not collectively make teams and plot to take down men by lying about being sexually assaulted en-masse to "destroy his life" (and if they did, they'd make worse accusations than this). There are dozens of people both in the dub industry and out saying they have personal experience with this man's behavior. He has been outed for this multiple times and it has always been fake tears and apologies, followed by getting right back on his bullshit a few weeks later. Anyone still "skeptical" at this point that he's done this stuff (especially after multiple apologies, aka admission) is either dumb as a fucking rock or deliberately turning a blind eye because they like this guy's voice more than they care about justice for sexual assault.

• Thumbs Up 5

1 hour ago, Shaddy Zaphod said:

I don't see anything particularly surprising about the timing. He starred in one of the most impactful films in one of the most popular franchises of all time, and this brought him to people's attention. If you knew all this stuff about him before the movie came out you could even have predicted it, it only makes sense that people would talk about him now, when they're most likely to get noticed and hopefully make a difference.

If you're going for the "why are they only bringing it up now" angle, there are a multitude of answers, including but not limited to:

D. Sexual assault leaves scars that you don't necessarily see on a person and they may have been incapable of simply disclosing a bunch of sensitive information like that.

E. They were worried that if they did talk about it they could be attacked in return, which is what has happened to many.

And I'm sorry, but you don't need video fucking evidence when this many people are all calling one guy out. Women do not collectively make teams and plot to take down men by lying about being sexually assaulted en-masse to "destroy his life" (and if they did, they'd make worse accusations than this). There are dozens of people both in the dub industry and out saying they have personal experience with this man's behavior. He has been outed for this multiple times and it has always been fake tears and apologies, followed by getting right back on his bullshit a few weeks later. Anyone still "skeptical" at this point that he's done this stuff (especially after multiple apologies, aka admission) is either dumb as a fucking rock or deliberately turning a blind eye because they like this guy's voice more than they care about justice for sexual assault.

Not that I don't agree with anything you've said, but this feels a bit unfair to people who genuinely did not know about any of this. The fact remains this whole situation has turned extremely ugly and turning people against each other isn't going to help matters.

Personally speaking, I'm still mostly neutral but I do sympathize with anybody who is a genuine victim of sexual assault and hope this whole situation can be resolved soon. The lack of any action aside from cancelling Vic's roles hasn't really solved the underlying issue of all of this. So either they need to take this to a court of law, or this is all just going to blow over in a few months and he'll be right back to where he started. Something needs to be done regardless of where you stand. 

I could care less if anyone hates the guy or not. I still like him as a voice actor. Seeing fans and young ones at that rush up to the guy to hug all oer him but then later say he hugged them back "to tightly" and I just sort of tilt my head. I still find it a tad amusing just for the timing wait and no one listing. If that was the case go to the cops if someone truly did someone bad. Not im going to sit at home and sit on it for 10 years then bring it back up. But again thats just me. Heck honestly if i wanted to if that was the case I could go report my old basketball coach right now. He used to smack me on the bum anytime after we had a timeout during a game. I honestly did not care for it but did not say anything cause well every coach seemed to do it. But now I think i need to report the man. I was literally only around 13 when this happened.

7 hours ago, Shaddy Zaphod said:

Also saying someone is dumb and yet say you do not need evidence just cause multiple women all off a sudden in the past 2 weeks. The only things I have heard and seen. 1. He hugged fans who were young, 2. 1 case of him giving his number to a young fan WHO then called him with their friends and he asked them to join his fan club. 3. Kissing fans on the cheek.

29 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

I could care less if anyone hates the guy or not. I still like him as a voice actor.

Yet you're here defending him. Nobody's talking about his acting. I liked his Edward Elric. I'm not going to pretend he's not a terrible person because of that.

Seeing fans and young ones at that rush up to the guy to hug all oer him but then later say he hugged them back "to tightly" and I just sort of tilt my head.

Good thing what's happening is more complicated than that.

If that was the case go to the cops if someone truly did someone bad. Not im going to sit at home and sit on it for 10 years then bring it back up.

It's almost like people do this literally fucking constantly and they aren't believed because of people like you who think you need video fucking footage to believe someone who's been sexually assaulted. They have not been waiting years, they've been ignored because of stupid bullshit like this.

Heck honestly if i wanted to if that was the case I could go report my old basketball coach right now. He used to smack me on the bum anytime after we had a timeout during a game. I honestly did not care for it but did not say anything cause well every coach seemed to do it. But now I think i need to report the man. I was literally only around 13 when this happened.

Please do. You have that every right, that behavior is also not acceptable.

Also saying someone is dumb and yet say you do not need evidence just cause multiple women all off a sudden in the past 2 weeks.

It's not "all of a sudden". People have been reporting, conversing and attempting to make this shit known for years. Some of the stories here go back DECADES. It has only gained traction now because of Dragon Ball, and some better-known women in the dubbing industry. Why they haven't before, see the post you quoted. Do you know how much sexual assault goes unreported on average? That doesn't mean it isn't a big deal, it means the men and women who are victims are worried about what might happen to them for trying to do the right thing because of who the aggressor was or who they're able to 

Oh, and excuse me for not wanting to give rat-fuck meatheads that spout anything and everything from harassment to lies to defend this creep. They're not people you disagree with on pizza toppings, this is about people being made less likely to come out about sexual assault potentially worse than what Vic has done because of this insistence on "but why don't I have 4k uncompressed IMAX screenings of evidence". Testimony is evidence. And again, this is dozens of people, who the fuck knows how many more. Can you recall ever, a single instance of en-mass reports of sexual assault that is EVER proven wrong and just some stupid ploy to ruin a person's reputation? No. Because it doesn't fucking happen. And if it did, they'd be reporting worse things than what Vic has actually done anyway.

The only things I have heard and seen. 1. He hugged fans who were young, 2. 1 case of him giving his number to a young fan WHO then called him with their friends and he asked them to join his fan club. 3. Kissing fans on the cheek.

He hugged and kissed UNDERAGE fans without their consent and had a notebook to put their phone numbers in. This is stuff we actually do have photos of, if you know where to look. This is also the stuff he's publicly apologized for several times and then gone right back to doing.

He very likely came close to sleeping with a 15 year-old, and that was 25 years ago. He gropes not only fans, but fellow actors, according to Rial.

If you really look at this situation with anything other than a rose-tinted diving helmet, you should have no issue seeing that the man is guilty of sexual assault. We don't know if he's guilty of things worse than this, but even if "uuhhh he's just hugging and kissing people" is your angle, doing that without consent is legally sexual assault. And frankly, taking that angle is idiotic and soulless in the first place, so you'll forgive me if I'm not showing sympathy to the people literally normalizing the problem. Just because he isn't Bill Cosby date-raping people (probably) doesn't mean that the victims' testimony is any less valid or that he shouldn't be held accountable for his own behavior. You'd be hard pressed to get him put in prison for this, but he absolutely deserves to be fired and banned from conventions, which he already has been from many. 

• Thumbs Up 3

8 hours ago, Shaddy Zaphod said:

My thought exactly.

Honestly, I was willing to give Mignogna the benefit of the doubt up until I saw those Discord messages where it's very clear he's been enabled by his crazy fanclub for years and basically ignored anyone who criticized him. I don't really want to throw too harsh of judgments out there, because I'm a fan too and I want to believe it's not that bad, but if there's anything to the accounts of industry professionals (like Marchi's), then him losing some roles and con appearances will hopefully be enough effect some change in him to actually do better and not whatever happened when he was called on it privately in the past.

• Thumbs Up 2

Ill more than throw harsh judgments out when i see them. But I am not going to compare being hugged at a convention on the same level of rape. He will lose roles but unlike cosby I see noting coming out of this besides a few cons cancelled and some feel good facebook post under said cons of people saying good. Still most people that actually like his voice work still say they enjoy his work. Especially the dragon ball community on yt.

Regardless this will probably blow over in a month or so. So lets get back to actual dragon ball talk.

I wonder if a new season of super will be announced over the summer.

• Thumbs Up 1