Awoo.

Dragon Ball (Warning: Untagged Spoilers)

FourCartridge

25 minutes ago, Ice Vec said:

Wow...if I remember right, here, the next episode will be Vegeta vs. GoD Toppo.

Why is there so much difference?

All depends on when companies get the rights to dub in this or that country, really.

With over 200 countries and quite a few major languages, there's always going to be crazy different schedules for these things. Even within the same language, you'll almost always see the US or UK or Australia get something ahead of the others and suddenly every English speaker needs to dodge spoilers for a bit.

This is without getting into region locking garbage, of course.

Hi y'all!

Recently got in touch with Great Eastern Entertainment's design department.

They're currently working on plushes of Broly movie characters.

Once that's done, they might do some plushes of Tournament of Power characters. Mostly the team champions like Bergamo and Hit.

In other words, what the Japanese merch makers have been doing.

Having finished watching the Future Trunks arc again, I'm beginning to wonder if Toriyama learned his lesson in regards to the Pilaf Crew. While Future Mai doesn't get a ton of negativity to my knowledge because she actually fits into the serious story arc going on at the time, from what I remember, and my own personal experiences, Pilaf and co's inclusion had seriously became a huge example of over-playing the joke, especially by the time we hit the Black arc.

Not only were they used as the show's real main butt monkeys and comic relief for a long time, but they always really detracted from the arc in general IMO. We have this super serious arc going on - perhaps even the most serious - with Trunks' entire timeline nearly wiped out time and again, and in between some of the actual interesting stuff played with that, like Trunks meeting a version of Gohan who isn't a warrior anymore, they shoved in this really awful subplot about trying to set up Mai and Trunks, and ass-pulling solutions out of their butts, like when Pilaf successfully programs the time machine for Bulma. But from what I've seen of the Tournament of Power, they haven't been seen since before Episode 70, which was 50 or so episodes ago.

I honestly wonder if Toriyama or Toei or whoever is in charge has started to downplay them and if it's going to stick when the show makes it's return.

• Thumbs Up 1

new manga chapter was good. New villian can use a planets life force as a weapon. Villian version of spirit bomb basically.  he can also absorb energy from planets as we knew. He absorbed vegetas the big twist is they can not go super saiyan. He also wants dbs to regain his full power 

23 hours ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Having finished watching the Future Trunks arc again, I'm beginning to wonder if Toriyama learned his lesson in regards to the Pilaf Crew. While Future Mai doesn't get a ton of negativity to my knowledge because she actually fits into the serious story arc going on at the time, from what I remember, and my own personal experiences, Pilaf and co's inclusion had seriously became a huge example of over-playing the joke, especially by the time we hit the Black arc.

Not only were they used as the show's real main butt monkeys and comic relief for a long time, but they always really detracted from the arc in general IMO. We have this super serious arc going on - perhaps even the most serious - with Trunks' entire timeline nearly wiped out time and again, and in between some of the actual interesting stuff played with that, like Trunks meeting a version of Gohan who isn't a warrior anymore, they shoved in this really awful subplot about trying to set up Mai and Trunks, and ass-pulling solutions out of their butts, like when Pilaf successfully programs the time machine for Bulma. But from what I've seen of the Tournament of Power, they haven't been seen since before Episode 70, which was 50 or so episodes ago.

I honestly wonder if Toriyama or Toei or whoever is in charge has started to downplay them and if it's going to stick when the show makes it's return.

Oh yeah, I remember them and Beerus&Whis being rather distracting after Future Trunks woke up. The rest of the arc was so-so from I remember about that since there was a fair degree of downtime and they did technically act as supporting characters for Trunks & to an extent Bulma anyway, but yeah, they were sometimes in the way.

I think with the Tournament of Power, though, it was simply a matter of there not being much to do with them. Which is good because they used that time to explore the other character's motivations for fighting in the Tournament and introducing contestants from the other universe.

EDIT: WAITAMINUTE, I just thought of something: do they ever explain why Mai in that Future is also roughly Trunks' age?

They should just write out Pilaf and his gang. It's best we forget the creepy relationship between Mai and Trunks.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, DabigRG said:

EDIT: WAITAMINUTE, I just thought of something: do they ever explain why Mai in that Future is also roughly Trunks' age?

From what I remember - when Future Mai was still an adult and still immensely loyal to Pilaf, she stole the final wish from Future Gohan and Bulma that they were going to use to revive everyone to fight the Androids. This caused the Pilaf crew to get aged down again, like the regular time line. Piccolo immediately gets killed afterwards, wiping out Kami and the Dragon Balls.

Pilaf and Shu from what we know are later killed, and Mai survives, grows up, and joins up with Trunks to help clean-up efforts, and later run the resistance. 

1 minute ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

From what I remember - when Future Mai was still an adult and still immensely loyal to Pilaf, she stole the final wish from Future Gohan and Bulma that they were going to use to revive everyone to fight the Androids. This caused the Pilaf crew to get aged down again, like the regular time line. Piccolo immediately gets killed afterwards, wiping out Kami and the Dragon Balls.

Pilaf and Shu from what we know are later killed, and Mai survives, grows up, and joins up with Trunks to help clean-up efforts, and later run the resistance. 

D'oh, the bitch! :lol: 

I suppose that does imply that the Pilaf Gang may have been poking around during Z, not that we ever saw them.

1 minute ago, DabigRG said:

D'oh, the bitch! :lol: 

I suppose that does imply that the Pilaf Gang may have been poking around during Z, not that we ever saw them.

I should correct myself as I double checked the manga - it happens like GT. Pilaf, Mai and Shu all intercept Shenron during the Android saga when an older teenage Gohan still rocking his Android saga gear, and Bulma with Baby Trunks tried to wish everyone back. What ended up happening instead is that Pilaf rushed in and messed the wish up, getting them turned into infants during the Android Saga - leaving Future Mai roughly around the same age as Future Trunks.

5 hours ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

I should correct myself as I double checked the manga - it happens like GT. Pilaf, Mai and Shu all intercept Shenron during the Android saga when an older teenage Gohan still rocking his Android saga gear, and Bulma with Baby Trunks tried to wish everyone back. What ended up happening instead is that Pilaf rushed in and messed the wish up, getting them turned into infants during the Android Saga - leaving Future Mai roughly around the same age as Future Trunks.

Ah, well he doubly fucked up then.

Did the anime ever mention that?

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds like we'll be getting glimpses of the minor universes after all... the main antagonist dispatched his living superweapon to Universe 3.

In the meantime, enjoy Jiren punching Zamasu in the face.

...is it bad that I, being furry trash who loves the Trio de Dangers, only know of Kitaro because of the werewolf guy in it?

(I do suppose it's possible the timeslot could change though, right?)

• Thumbs Up 1

Dragon Ball Super: Broly reportedly has over 70 minutes of deleted scenes, which fits with what Toriyama said.

What's interesting however is again - they're deleted scenes, which implies something was made, let it be storyboards, unfinished animation, or something or other. Hopefully means we might see an extended cut.

15 hours ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Dragon Ball Super: Broly reportedly has over 70 minutes of deleted scenes, which fits with what Toriyama said.

Well that's not quite accurate. From what I read, they were storyboarded sequences and they didn't make it past that stage. It did sound like some interesting Saiyan history stuff, but it probably wasn't relevant to the actual story--just more fanservice on top of fanservice (which I'd be okay with if they did include it). I think they would have advertised an extended cut by now since the home release is right around the corner, so I can't say I'm holding my breath. Though here's hoping a storyboard book or something similar comes out.

1 minute ago, Zaysho said:

Well that's not quite accurate. From what I read, they were storyboarded sequences and they didn't make it past that stage. It did sound like some interesting Saiyan history stuff, but it probably wasn't relevant to the actual story--just more fanservice on top of fanservice (which I'd be okay with if they did include it). I think they would have advertised an extended cut by now since the home release is right around the corner, so I can't say I'm holding my breath. Though here's hoping a storyboard book or something similar comes out.

Personally, I'd really hope we would see it. I loved Broly but it felt like after the Saiyan history stuff, there was some pretty severe pacing issues that reared their head big time. By the time we got to the Goku VS Broly fight, I was shocked to hear it was nearing the end of the movie.

• Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Personally, I'd really hope we would see it. I loved Broly but it felt like after the Saiyan history stuff, there was some pretty severe pacing issues that reared their head big time. By the time we got to the Goku VS Broly fight, I was shocked to hear it was nearing the end of the movie.

Yeah when I watched the film it seemed like it jumped around a bit even during the Saiyan backstory stuff. The worst example I can think of is the transition (or lack thereof) between Bardock and Gine sending Goku off and Bardock's rebellion/destruction of Planet Vegeta. At most showing Bardock actually staging the rebellion/giving some kind of shout out to the original TV special would have been really nice.

That being said, if they made a short manga about young Vegeta and Raditz based on the cut storyboards, I'd fucking buy it (and I hate Dragon Ball Minus).

• Thumbs Up 1

On 3/9/2019 at 4:01 AM, Kiggy Queen said:

Seriously this still baffles me. I was rewatching some of the old live reactions to the last to episodes. The fact entire cities were watching this and had hundreds if not thousands of rabid fans gong wild yet Kitaro gets another season which i rarely see anywhere.

So, a number of pages back, I seem to recall someone not having fond things to say about characters like Tarble, Cabba, and Kale.

Uh, without maybe getting spoilery as far as where the English Dub last was, is there some particular disdain regarding them?

This leak is very likely since apparently it was someone fro Toei who leaked it.

Also the fact that Shintani is the character designer.

• Thumbs Up 1

Geekdom and Ajay have been saying the same thing all day, and it kinda figures. Super 1 was announced in April and aired in July, Super 2 will be announced in April and air in July. The difference is the staff (obviously Shintani's much more aesthetically-pleasing and animation-efficient designs) and the time, since Super got like two months of planning and pre-production where Super 2 started that potentially as early as late September.

So even if it tries to adapt Toyo's crap manga and moves slower than Z in the 90s, or it recaps the Broly movie with completely wasted story potential and predictability, it'll look daaamn good doing it.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Shaddy Zaphod said:

Geekdom and Ajay have been saying the same thing all day, and it kinda figures. Super 1 was announced in April and aired in July, Super 2 will be announced in April and air in July. The difference is the staff (obviously Shintani's much more aesthetically-pleasing and animation-efficient designs) and the time, since Super got like two months of planning and pre-production where Super 2 started that potentially as early as late September.

So even if it tries to adapt Toyo's crap manga and moves slower than Z in the 90s, or it recaps the Broly movie with completely wasted story potential and predictability, it'll look daaamn good doing it.

Don't sound too excited now

3 hours ago, Kuzu the Boloedge said:

Don't sound too excited now

Agreed, at best i’m expecting there to be slightly more episodes with the animation quality of 130, but not all.