Awoo.

Dragon Ball (Warning: Untagged Spoilers)

FourCartridge

I really love Budokai 3, BT2, and Burst Limit. I stopped buying them after Burst Limit because of repetitiveness and lack of originality in the later ones.

And I loved the concept for DBZ Legends. 3vs3 on the same screen at once? Cmon, they should make that another game like that today, would be awesome.

I really like BT2 if only for one of its awesomely amazing themes, Awake:

<3. Challengers would win out if Awake didn't that quiet moment at 1:13.

Though, finally getting to fight as the whole Ginyu Force was pretty awesome too. Burter is broken in BT2 and BT3.

Budokai 2&3 were my favorites. They just had so much to do in them, I played them nonstop for years and I still haven't unlocked everything apparently. Never got into the Tenkaichi series.

As for handhelds, Legendary Super Warrior (Gameboy Color) and Legacy of Goku 2 (GBA) were my favorites. Legendary Super Warrior was a fun little card game that I played forever, and LoG was a nifty little action RPG. Buu's Fury had potential to outshine LoG2 with more moves and new mechanics, but it fell flat thanks to a piss easy difficulty.

Plus, Hercule was an actual playable character you can level up and shit, and that's just awesome.

I've never played BT2. BT3 though, probably has the best selection of characters in any of the games. Including the entire Ginyu force, which is awesome because it's usually just Recoome and Ginyu. You even get (more or less) trivial characters like Tambourine, General Blue, Spopovich, Fasha and even Arale. That and the combat is just fun. My only issue is how half assed the story is and how many battles are skipped.

Holy shit I'm fucking crying.

Look at Cell. Throughout the entire fight he looks so god-damn retarded!

And then you realize this is one of the best fights in GT.

Ugh, can we refrain from talking about that show.

I remember how good the animation was in early DBZ, like it didn't blatantly reuse animation frames like it did in the later, which is fairly noticeable.

I feel the opposite. Early DBZ animation was...pretty underwhelming. Hardly any definitive features, the character models looked a little "loose," and it detracted from the serious moments.

Fast forward to the Cell and Buu saga with one particular exception in an animation team that I cant remember the name of (TRIANGLE FACES vfjdbvkjfbjks), where everyone looked more...compact, I guess. Facial and body features were highly detailed, any postures they made were neatly structured, it just looked better.

Edited by Joshua

Holy shit I'm fucking crying.

Look at Cell. Throughout the entire fight he looks so god-damn retarded!

And then you realize this is one of the best fights in GT.

Actually... The dialogue, music, and Freeza's voice are much worse than the poorly drawn characters in that clip. ph34r.png

• Thumbs Up 1

What in the actual fuck...?

Good GOD. That was the campiest fucking thing I've ever seen. I wanted to VOMIT about two minutes in. How the FUCK did this show manage to get on the air?!

• 3 weeks later...

We've got a title for the 2013 Dragonball Movie.

It's called "Battle of Gods"

dbzbattleofgods.jpg

Looks like the concept of "Ultimate Gohan" is going the way as it did in the Hirudegarn movie. It's being treated as a power-up state, instead of it being permanent.

....Or maybe the threat is so huge Gohan needs to go Super Saiyan while in that Ultimate form. That's a possibility, though it makes Wrath of the Dragon contradictory.

I'm liking the purple rabbit/cat/jackal/koosalagoopagoop. It's not too out there, and fits into the Dragonball physiology perfectly.

I have no idea who that girl in red is, but it can't be a coincidence that she looks like GT Pan, only a few years older. Could she be Mirai Pan a re-designed Videl? Yamcha, Krillin, and Tien appear to have new attire as well.

The movie comes out March 30th.

Edited by Joshua
  • Thumbs Up 2

I'm liking the purple rabbit. It's not too out there, and fits into the Dragonball physiology perfectly.
I'm thinking cat, actually. Sphynx cat, maybe; they're hairless, they've got big ears, and purple dude has kind of an Egyptian looking outfit.

Cause we seem to understand the urgency!

Goku: Just remember

Alien: You're the one thing

Goku: I can't get enough of

Alien: So I'll tell you something

Both:This could be love because

I've had the time of my life!

No I never felt this way before!

Yes I swear it's the truth

And I owe it all to youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!

Wg6IK.gif

I'm sorry

I can't wait for this movie. Since Funimation didn't dub over the 2008 special, I doubt they or the Kai team will dub this over.

None the less, this poster looks good.

(Just keep Goten and Tronks in the backseats, and actually let the REAL Z-fighters handle the threat this time.)

I hope this isn't like Wrath of the Dragon where the story belongs to one character until suddenly Goku comes in and steals the glory. And I hope this isn't just a 1 hour fight scene like every movie before that one was.

I can't wait for this movie. Since Funimation didn't dub over the 2008 special, I doubt they or the Kai team will dub this over.

None the less, this poster looks good.

They didn't dub it because that special wasn't Toei's to give. It was Shueshia's.

Edited by VisionaryBlur

(Just keep Goten and Tronks in the backseats, and actually let the REAL Z-fighters handle the threat this time.)

That's basically only Goku, Vegeta, and Gohan.

Oh shit, I just noticed that's Gohan down there with Vegeta...what the eff, I thought he had his Ultimate state, ARGH.

Edited by Popo

Im honestly not to surprised that Gohan's ass is getting unfairly shafted, I'm all to used to it by now.

Edited by Soniman
  • Thumbs Up 6

....Or maybe the threat is so huge Gohan needs to go Super Saiyan while in that Ultimate form.

I don't think he can to be honest. Old Kai told him to go Super Saiyan and Gohan went Mystic/Ultimate instead. I'm kind of led to believe that that is the best he's got.

Otherwise he would've (or should've in any case) wiped the floor with Super Buu when Gotenks and Piccolo got absorbed.

Edited by Pinkamina

I don't think he can to be honest. Old Kai told him to go Super Saiyan and Gohan went Mystic/Ultimate instead. I'm kind of led to believe that that is the best he's got.

Otherwise he would've wiped the floor with Super Buu when Gotenks and Piccolo got absorbed.

Old Kaioshin asked Gohan to increase his energy as he would if he was going Super Saiyan. Which is to say, power up as he normally does. He has to increase his base energy to a significant degree to go to the next form, but the ritual swelled Gohan's base energy so much that there was little need to go to the next form. Not to mention dangerous; Goku was warned not to go Super Saiyan before fusing with the Potara because the resulting fusion could result in so much power it could kill the fused body under the stress. Same idea could be presented here, because Gohan has so much more power than Goku in his base state alone.

Otherwise he would've (or should've in any case) wiped the floor with Super Buu when Gotenks and Piccolo got absorbed.

Ultimate Gohan is just as, if not more, powerful than Goku's Super Saiyan 3 form, but without the drawback of the energy it drains. It's basically Gohan's Super Saiyan power packed into his base form, which is why he looks like his Super Saiyan form while using Ultimate.

So yeah, logically she should not be able to use his Super Saiyan form, but I guess continuity doesn't matter anymore.

I really think it's BS how Super Buu was able to beat Gohan as easily as he did, would have been a better fight if their powers were more even instead of it being completely one-sided. That's the problem with the Buu saga, the last character who gets a power up is generally the one who wins instead of ya know....SKILL.

• Thumbs Up 2

I really think it's BS how Super Buu was able to beat Gohan as easily as he did, would have been a better fight if their powers were more even instead of it being completely one-sided. That's the problem with the Buu saga, the last character who gets a power up is generally the one who wins instead of ya know....SKILL.

Japan loves Goku more than Gohan, so what are you going to do?

Old Kaioshin asked Gohan to increase his energy as he would if he was going Super Saiyan. Which is to say, power up as he normally does. He has to increase his base energy to a significant degree to go to the next form, but the ritual swelled Gohan's base energy so much that there was little need to go to the next form. Not to mention dangerous; Goku was warned not to go Super Saiyan before fusing with the Potara because the resulting fusion could result in so much power it could kill the fused body under the stress. Same idea could be presented here, because Gohan has so much more power than Goku in his base state alone.

In the original manga, Old Kai specifically tells him to go Super Saiyan, and Gohan tried and got Ultimate instead. When Goku questioned this, Old Kai basically said "Transformations aren't everything". So take that as you will.

Don't change the course of my story, only to back out simply because the execs say so. Seriously, the Buu saga is notorious for hyping up a character to be the hero other than Goku before making it pointless; Vegeta's sacrifice? Pointless. Gotenks? Pointless. Ultimate Gohan? Pointless. It's all fucking moot because at the end of it, Goku was still the one who saved the day, that shit is annoying.

• Thumbs Up 3

Be a good writer and go with the correct and logical choice rather than the popular one?

Be a good writer and go with the correct and logical choice rather than the popular one?

Unfortunately, it's the higher ups who dictate what happens in a story, the author is simply the one who writes it.

Don't change the course of my story, only to back out simply because the execs say so. Seriously, the Buu saga is notorious for hyping up a character to be the hero other than Goku before making it pointless; Vegeta's sacrifice? Pointless. Gotenks? Pointless. Ultimate Gohan? Pointless. It's all fucking moot because at the end of it, Goku was still the one who saved the day, that shit is annoying.

Both excellent responses.

Now here's Toriyama's:

Edited by VisionaryBlur