Awoo.

Dragon Ball (Warning: Untagged Spoilers)

FourCartridge

C33DomAWMAA0x8n.jpg

Fembroly seems to be from the same Universe as the guy Goku fights through most of the intro, and they also seem to have a member of Beerus' race there too... Guess this universe will be the main threat of the arc

A few more shots

C33DoK5XUAAiTqY.jpg

The new Gods of Destruction

C33DjHtWAAAmt8I.jpg

Goku's new... form?

• Thumbs Up 4

I love Dragon Ball GT's opening, but this one is a strong contender for the best opening in the franchise. Tops Cha-la, Head Cha-la easily in my opinion.

Someone mentioned on Reddit and I heavily agree, this Opening is pure hype since it seems to be closer to the openings of DB games instead of the openings of animes.

Also, am I the only one who can totally hear this track playing on the final fight of the arc like Chouzetsu Dynamic did? This one sounds even more fitting for a climax fight.

I really hope it will.

I have only one problem with the intro: Goku fights that generic alien too much, so I am pretty sure that's the "Bad Guy".

• Thumbs Up 1

To be fair, even in the U6 arc we knew the main rival would be Hit from day 1, plus who knows, we might have a few curveballs, you know how Toriyama loves those, maybe he has a transformation.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, Goku has one for sure.

I don't know about not-U6 VS U7 Announcer. 

While transformations are amazing, I like Hit because he doesn't need one.

And is it me or is that a Cyborg in the Cauli team? 

So, who's taking guesses on the new form. I'll go with the boring SSJ2 Blue.

Honestly though, I would love seeing Super Saiyan God properly returning. I like to think that SSG is stronger than SSB, seeing as SSB is actually SSJ with god energy being transferred, rather than a proper Saiyan god form. That and I love the form's idea of it being immensely powerful but being heavily limited on resources, sort of like SSJ3. 

I know this is gonna sound like a fan-fiction thing, but the color and Goku's face made it seem evil, maybe why he goes to base really quickly.

And another thing is that when we see the 2 Zeno's, they are opposite colors (red and blue), which may mean that they are pretty different and are gonna fight each other.

But I guess we will have to wait. I kinda hope this arc is longer than the others, at least make it last until August.

Considering Goku is on what looks like his base when using it, I'll call it Based Goku for shits and giggles.

Can we take a moment to appreciate that Vegeta wanted to stay with Bulma instead of going to train?

He developed so much in Z and Super it's like he's the main character.

• Thumbs Up 1

To be fair, if they want to keep the Uub Epilogue, Vegeta has a lot of freedom to develop, while Goku can't change too much, since he will still be selfish enough to abandon his entire family to train.

• Thumbs Up 3

I hope we get more Shida in this arc.

For those who don't know, Naotoshi Shida is more or less the best animator at Toei. Some examples from the Dragon Ball series include:

He also appears a little in the new opening:

From 1:06.

• Thumbs Up 1

Didn't he also work on this section of the BoG arc?

b83.gif

It could be someone just emulating Shida's style, since it's the exact same scene he worked on the movie, but the aura effects, fluid animation and speed look remarkably like his work, even for just a homage.

Any chance of the arc having at least 40 episodes?

The first 3 were really short and the Black saga had a pretty rushed ending. And I don't want this to happen for this saga. 

So, on another note. Has anyone been watching the English dub of Super? I've been loving it so far. Highlight from episode 5 most definitely being King Kai's reaction to Goku wanting to take on Beerus. "I swear, sometimes I think you have brain damage!".

• Thumbs Up 2

King Kai was on fire this last episode, but the best line has to be Vegeta going ''Sure, let's hang out with YAMCHA''

At this point we might not even need Super Abridged, Funimation's got us covered.

Also,  so, seems like the ''Goku is Evil'' theory is becoming  the new ''Goten is Goku Black''.

• Thumbs Up 2

Honestly, I don't like them using the DBZ look.

I honestly was a much bigger fan of the DBS style. :/

Hopefully it doesn't stay for too much.

The filter doesn't remind me of DBZ that much to be honest. It's more like a really bad, early AMOLED screen. Like the contrast is too strong in some scenes.

I have not watched the dub really. Mainly cause it's what near 2 years behind or a year. Plus dub doesn't get previews like Japan. Blacks arc was the best using those