Awoo.

Dragon Ball (Warning: Untagged Spoilers)

FourCartridge

Based on what we know right now, it sounds as though Universe 9 is fucked.

Buu isn't taking damage and although Basil has a transformation (going by the preview), nothing so far suggests that it will be enough to match Satan's BFF. Meanwhile, the spoilers above hint at Gohan having a chance despite being blinded and out of action for so long. I was expecting him to be motivated to train harder after losing this, but being blinded might actually help him concentrate rather than buckle under his low self-confidence. And of course Goku is likely to destroy Bergamot without even needing Super Saiyan Blue (since it's a little early to show the other gods that surprise). I guess it makes sense that the first universe they face may be the weakest.

Obviously I might be totally wrong and Buu and Gohan lose. It just doesn't seem like it so far.

Just a reminder this is a preview match, the universes aren't at risk yet, the only risk here is that if the fighters fail to impress, they'll be erased. :U

3 minutes ago, Ratcicle King said:

Just a reminder this is a preview match, the universes aren't at risk yet, the only risk here is that if the fighters fail to impress, they'll be erased. :U

Oh, I know. It just won't look great for Universe 9 if these guys are some of their best and they all lose before the tournament's even begun. Maybe they'll get matched up against U7's lower tier fighters later, though.

• Thumbs Up 1

Random thought, but from what I've seen of Hercule so far in this, he seems to be less....egotistical for lack of a better term, and I rather like it. I mean, he still takes credit for Goku's battles and such (INCLUDING SSJ HERCULE BBY) but he seems to be a lot more kinder too. Not only does he deliberately give away the peace price he got from Episode 1 because he believed Goku and Vegeta deserved it more, but even when Buu and Beerus are ready to fight, Hercule tries to defuse the situation, even apologizing to Beerus (Not like Vegeta would, where it's a desperate plea, but just a normal apologize, even calling him brother) but offering him as much pudding as he'd like because Buu got greedy. Even when the fight was ready to begin, Hercule, this pitifully weak character tried to step in to stop Beerus and Buu fighting before getting blown away.

Either way, I'm surprisingly enjoying Hercule here. 

• Thumbs Up 3

49 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Random thought, but from what I've seen of Hercule so far in this, he seems to be less....egotistical for lack of a better term, and I rather like it. I mean, he still takes credit for Goku's battles and such (INCLUDING SSJ HERCULE BBY) but he seems to be a lot more kinder too. Not only does he deliberately give away the peace price he got from Episode 1 because he believed Goku and Vegeta deserved it more, but even when Buu and Beerus are ready to fight, Hercule tries to defuse the situation, even apologizing to Beerus (Not like Vegeta would, where it's a desperate plea, but just a normal apologize, even calling him brother) but offering him as much pudding as he'd like because Buu got greedy. Even when the fight was ready to begin, Hercule, this pitifully weak character tried to step in to stop Beerus and Buu fighting before getting blown away.

Either way, I'm surprisingly enjoying Hercule here. 

Mr. Satan improves as a character overall throughout the series. He's a very different character around the time he befriends Buu to the time he first appeared in the Cell saga. Prior to Cell showing up, Mr. Satan was essentially the reigning champion in the years following Goku and Piccolo's fight and had legitimate fame, so it went to his head. When he sees an opportunity to bank of Gohan's victory and steals credit he takes it, he's then afraid of seeing this undone and being exposed for the fraud he is by getting pushed into worse and worse situations, especially being expected to beat Majin Buu himself. It's upon befriending Buu, and eventually helping Goku and Vegeta, that he finally gains some humility and recognizes those with real power (my favorite moment was him tearing up the bogus photos he shot of him defeating Buu shortly after befriending him). He's still into showboating, but, fortunately for him, none of the main characters actually want his fame or fortune, so they let him become the public face for whatever goes on (or they're C18 and blackmail him).

I'm surprised that he's become one of my favorite characters over the years. And, while he's a showboating asshole for most of the Cell saga, he does deserve a little credit for not running away despite having numerous opportunities to do so and does inadvertently end up helping Gohan because of that.

Yes he was. What was the guy that beat his daughter up. He or finally beat him down and they guys that attacked him and buu. He flash stepped. It was like he had some talents but they needed a new Yamaha sort of.

Plus he looked like such a bad  ass here

tmp_25036-Mr.SatanCellGamesDebut216672949.png

It's kind of hard to make Satan look like a good fighter right next to Goku and the others, though. Against some regular humans, like the gunmen that attacked him and Buu, or anyone not superpowered with ki, he's a great fighter. Against gods and aliens and artificial humans and whatever is a whole other story.

I'm not saying he wasn't a good fighter, I'm saying he was never a serious fighter in the show, as in, whenever he fought, it was treated as something humorous and ridiculous, save for the time he beat up the guys who shot Buu's dog, of course.

25 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

Yes he was. What was the guy that beat his daughter up. He or finally beat him down and they guys that attacked him and buu. He flash stepped. It was like he had some talents but they needed a new Yamaha sort of.

Plus he looked like such a bad  ass here

tmp_25036-Mr.SatanCellGamesDebut216672949.png

Satan is stronger than most normal humans. But from the moment he appeared in the series, he was a joke character. That said, he has contributed to the fights. He brought 16's head to Gohan, tamed Buu, convinced the humans to give Goku power and rescued an unconscious Vegeta so Goku could fire his Spirit Bomb.

5 hours ago, Goku Black (Diamond) said:

And is the only character introduced in Z who never died.

Supreme Kai also survived the struggle with Buu.

Kinda puts the entire danger into perspective though, since we know now that if Shin dies, Beerus dies and Whis goes into stasis. Had Buu been able to take Shin out, nothing could stop Buu after Earth had he won. Or worse, if Shin had been absorbed, Beerus would have to constantly corral Buu without killing him.

• Thumbs Up 1

There's still Elder Kai, tho', Beerus sealing him instead of killing him implies the GoD is still connected to him.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, -Robin- said:

Supreme Kai also survived the struggle with Buu.

Kinda puts the entire danger into perspective though, since we know now that if Shin dies, Beerus dies and Whis goes into stasis. Had Buu been able to take Shin out, nothing could stop Buu after Earth had he won. Or worse, if Shin had been absorbed, Beerus would have to constantly corral Buu without killing him.

Considering Kid  Buu killed 4 out of 5 of the original Kais, Beerus was very lucky to have attached his soul to Supreme Kai and not the others 

We now know all the God of Destructions and their names.

Universe 1 - Ivan (Black, furry thing)

Universe 2 - Helles (Girl)

Universe 3 - Moscow (Robot)

Universe 4 - Kitera (Mouse)

Universe 5 - Arak ( ...that thing)

Universe 8 - Liqueur (Fox)

Universe 9 - Sidra (Ganondorf)

Universe 10 - Ramon (Elephant)

Universe 11 - Vermouth (Clown)

Universe 12 - Gin ( Fish?)

• Thumbs Up 3

26 minutes ago, Goku Black (Diamond) said:

I'm confused.

Is killing allowed in this tournament?

The way i see it after this episode is as long as zeno is having fun anything goes. Though I think

Spoiler

gohan will lose. This is not the real tournament just a pre show round. But this will open his *eyes* no pun to show how much he is going to have to put up a fight against these people. This is for the universe. But having them tell zeno that is gokus son i think zeno will stop him from killing gohan since its gokus aka his best friends son.

• Thumbs Up 1

-No matter what Buu gets Hit with, it won't phaze him and he's still strong af...but in the other hand, he needs to be convinced by Mr. Satan to go and fight so that could be a problem in the future.

-Universe 9's Shin is an a-hole. He's more fit for a villain lackey than for his curren positivo

-We know the name of the guy in robes that is with the universe 11 comitee

Spoiler

Toppo

Spoiler

-Has no one ever told Basil that winners don't do drugs?

-Lavenda seems to be a psycopath. In a normal tournament he wouldn't be allowed to participate, but this is the "Let's entertain the Zenos" tournament so...

-Speaking of that last one.

Spoiler

Whis' father  (I don't remember his name) mentioned that they still need to establish the rules for the actual tournament. I think, in the end, some of the rules here will be used

-And last one: 3 Dangers for XV2 please :P

• Thumbs Up 1

Toppo was revealed like 3 days ago on the website.

Spoiler

He is the leader of the Pride Troopers and is a God of Destruction candidate.