Awoo.

Dragon Ball (Warning: Untagged Spoilers)

FourCartridge

Are we sure it's FemBroly? People are suggesting it could be another Saiyan, as Champa asked Cabba for more saiyans.

• Thumbs Up 2

5 minutes ago, Ratcicle King said:

Are we sure it's FemBroly? People are suggesting it could be another Saiyan, as Champa asked Cabba for more saiyans.

I hope this is the case, as otherwise it might be an unused design and I prefer this one.

• Thumbs Up 1

They're being coy about whether this Saiyan is from Universe 6 or Universe 7.

No reason to dance around that subject unless it's going to be a plot point for later. It's Future Pan isn't it

So leaks of the next chapter of the manga are up

Spoiler

Vegetto is there too, confirming he was in the original drafts of the arc and the retcon was Toriyama's idea, not a random thing Toei did for hype.

His relevance is the same as in the anime, he fights Merged Zamasu a bit and de-fuses, leaving Trunks to save the day. Chapter ends with Goku and Vegeta knocked out by Merged Zamasu.

One big change tho' is that they turned the retcon from a flat out  handwave to force Vegetto's loss into a plot point. How so?

Merged Zamasu has a time limit too. Zamasu was an apprentice, not a Kaioshin, so the rule of Potara Fusions having no time limit for Kaioshins only does not apply to him.

• Thumbs Up 2

Apparently that's not the case in the manga, just killing Gowasu and stealing his Potaras does not give him the proper rank.

This series' story is so fucking bullshit. lmao XD

Oh well. Sometimes, it's better to just accept that, expecting nothing more and enjoy the ride. Even if ti is a crying shame. ¦D

How much input does Toriyama have on the manga version of Super? I thought it was completely Toyotaro's thing.

Or is the manga based on initial series drafts that had extra details the TV show doesn't cover?

6 minutes ago, Zaysho said:

How much input does Toriyama have on the manga version of Super? I thought it was completely Toyotaro's thing.

As I understand, he gives both Toei and Toyotaro an overall outline of the story, but has a little more input now and again on the manga. I'm not sure if he checks in on the anime or not. From Kanzenshuu:

What’s your process working with Toriyama-sensei?!

I draw a rough draft based on Toriyama-sensei‘s original story, then I send it to my editor, who gets sensei to check it. It’s an honor to be able to give concrete form to sensei‘s ideas, but sometimes sensei will send over a part he drew himself, which sends me into an uproar, going back and forth between being all hyped up and feeling really down in the dumps.

[Caption] In Toyotarō-sensei‘s rough draft, at this stage the planet was smaller, and there was no dialogue.

[Caption] Toriyama-sensei does corrections, making the planet larger and adding dialogue. Toyotarō-sensei then makes the final image based on these corrections.

• Thumbs Up 2

Basically the manga has a bigger imput than the anime since it has not only the first draft but also revisions from Toriyama. The plot is still Toyotaro's.

Spoiler

Shin says Vegetto may very well be significantly stronger than Beerus.

13 minutes ago, -Robin- said:
  Hide contents

Shin says Vegetto may very well be significantly stronger than Beerus.

Toyotaro please. I know that you are trying to make your own thing but man, please, don't add stuff which doesn't make sense.

Better footage of their voices:

Rosé has an accent, it's really cool IMO, but Nozawa is still better.

Zamasu is, honestly, quite boring. Bit considering Miki's amazing performance, we should've expected a worse voice. That guy rocks!

So, I was thinking about a possible Xenoverse 3 when playing through Xenoverse 2's PQs, and I had two ideas for what I'd love to see in a hypothetical third installment of the series. Let me know what you think.

1. Character Creator

-Different Fighting Styles

In Xenoverse, the characters created by you usually tend to have only two fighting styles. You can either melee, or ki blasts. And this is fine, but what I mean by this is having a few varying kind of melee skills, and perhaps when you pick certain skills, you'll start out with a certain time patrol mentor. Like for example, you could choose melee, but then also decide you would like to weld a sword. This would then cause you to start with a sword, and Future Trunks as your mentor, and your fighting style would be similar to that of Super!Future Trunks in XV2. Each fighting style could have their own stats, pros, and cons. Like sword users might be extremely fast with their strikes, but might be a little weaker to compensate. Meanwhile, another fighting style could be technique, where you'd start with Hit as your mentor, and you would learn techniques similar to Time Stop. His fighting style could be slower but more precise melee for example. I just think allowing your characters to have different ways of fighting could make them more varied and interesting other than simply being different races.

2. Story

This time, have way more places and eras to go other than simply DBZ and Super. GT, and the movies have already been established as being in different timelines, but the time patrollers clearly still have to fix issues from those time periods, so why the hell we haven't gotten a Baby Saga, a Shadow Dragons saga, a Dragon Ball saga, etc is completely beyond me. I was completely hyped to find out the movie villains were going to be in the story, only to get disappointed when we didn't even get to experience the movie fights. Why couldn't I fight Broly on the "new" Saiyan homeworld? Or why couldn't I fight Metal Cooler on New Namek? At best, we got Resurrection F, and Future Trunks, and all things considered, for the level of DBZ rehashed again, that's super disappointing, especially when there was a goddamn mountain of still existing stories that could be done. 

• Thumbs Up 2

That's cool...but maybe this could have go in the Xenoverse thread. I was thinking something similar for character creator. 

As for the episode, Goku didn't say what he'd wish for. I hope he plans something to help the losing universes. It'd be a shame if they left those erased and unexplored at least a bit like they did with 11 some episodes ago.