Awoo.

Dragon Ball (Warning: Untagged Spoilers)

FourCartridge

4 hours ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Or why couldn't I fight Metal Cooler on New Namek? 

But you fight him on New Namek....for 3 minutes before Trunks hacks the core.

Just now, DiamondX said:

But you fight him on New Namek....for 3 minutes before Trunks hacks the core.

Seriously? 

Because I don't remember. Only think I remember is the mission you fight Janemeba in hell.

1 hour ago, Ice Vec said:

That's cool...but maybe this could have go in the Xenoverse thread. I was thinking something similar for character creator. 

As for the episode, Goku didn't say what he'd wish for. I hope he plans something to help the losing universes. It'd be a shame if they left those erased and unexplored at least a bit like they did with 11 some episodes ago.

1 hour ago, goku262002 said:

*Ahem*

Also best moment in DBS Dub so far:

Well, considering this is a general topic for DB, and we've talked about the games before in here, including XV, and it's for a hypothetical game rather than something actually important for XV2, then it should go here.

This is how Metal Cooler happened in the game:

Allright, so, the Cell Games are invaded by Metal Coolers. Since there are too many Coolers, SKOT tells Trunks to go help you, and he goes through the wormhole from which the Coolers came. After you defeat 8 of them you go through the wormhole too and get to New Namek.

After that, you need to defeat 20 of them and during that Trunks breaks the core and helps you.

Well, the main idea is to have the history altered, so fights aren't the usual ones. But it would be nice if they introduced some special PQ where you do the original story and need to use special characters.

2 hours ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Well, considering this is a general topic for DB, and we've talked about the games before in here, including XV, and it's for a hypothetical game rather than something actually important for XV2, then it should go here.

OK then...what I was actually thinking was your fighting style varied depending of the style you chose.

Like:

-Marital Artist: Benefits strike skills (except for sword skills) while ki-based skills would be weaker

-Sword wielder: You attack fast and sword skills are stronger. Your normal attacks are weaker.

-Heavy Hitter: Normal attacks make more damage and have more HP,  but your movement speed will be slower.

-Ki Master: Stronger ki-based skills and better ki recovery speed. But your physical defense is weaker

I'd need a way to make it a bit more balanced and someplace to add stamina boost and decrease and higher defense. Also I was thinking of a strategist class to honor Piccolo but I can't think of how it'd work.

Since the Tournament of Power will take more than just punching people in the face, I though fighting classes like this would be cool.

On 28/04/2017 at 2:38 PM, Meta77 said:

The hype is real for this arc

You could say its reaching a level of over nine thou *Bullets fired* ... Ok ok!

• Thumbs Up 1

This has to be my favourite episode since Zamasu was still a thing. Gohan achieving Mystic again, complete with all of the callbacks to his past (including being caught off guard by a stray body part) was great, as was the start of Cabba's little side adventure. I can't wait to see more of Caulifla and, if she is the Saiyan from the intro, I'm glad that she's not the timid little creature we were first introduced too. Maybe that's part of an act to lull other competitors into a false sense of security.

I also enjoyed seeing Krillin and 18 train and the possessed Roshi from the next episode looks pretty cool too.

• Thumbs Up 1

Toyotaro is consciously aware that Super is approaching the EoZ.

The Napoli Comicon is taking place this weekend in the city of Naples in Italy. There, Toyotarō, the illustrator of the Dragon Ball Super manga and chosen successor to Dragon Ball creator Akira Toriyama, was on hand to share his insights into the future of the series. Toyotarō said that “we are preparing the ground to direct Dragon Ball Super into the original Dragon Ball Z ending”.

We can certainly see the groundwork being laid as Pan and Bulla, who were both seen in the last few episodes of DBZ, have been born in Dragon Ball Super. Also, for those that recall the DBZ Finale, Goku goes to train with a boy named Uub. Just within the past few episodes of Dragon Ball Super, Dende informs Goku that Uub (who at this point still unnamed) lives in a village, and although he is very young, is a brilliant martial artist. If he and Goku cross paths, he should definitley take him on as a student as he is the reincarnation of Kid Buu that Goku had wished for.

It’s unclear if Dragon Ball Super will go past Dragon Ball Z, but as mentioned before the series began, it will and has certainly been filling the ten year gap between Kid Buu’s defeat and the final episode of DBZ. As soon as we know more, we hope to let you know right here on Saiyan Island!

Take a look at a few pictures of Toyotarō and a Dragon Ball Super panel from Napoli Comicon.

http://www.saiyanisland.com/2017/04/dragon-ball-super-series-making-way-to-dbz-finale/

• Thumbs Up 5

Dragon Ball Super has been nothing but fanservice, and I love every second of it. You can tell it's being made with love and utmost respect for the source material, even down to the smallest detail, as opposed to a cheap cash-in on the franchise's popularity. In so many ways, it's the opposite of GT.

• Thumbs Up 1

20 hours ago, PC the Hedgehog said:

Dragon Ball Super has been nothing but fanservice,

I have yet to see Bulma or Videl in a skimpy swimsuit .... Sorry, Wrong Fanservice. :lol:

Toyotaro had an interview with Wired.it and a couple of interesting tidbits came out of it:

Q: I've heard Toriyama has a direct role into your work, right?
T: Not only mine: he supervises every storyboard related to the Dragon Ball universe.

So, contrary to Toriyama's previous comments, it sounds as though he does have some input into the anime, just not beyond the storyboarding phase (whereas he checks Toyotaro's panels mid-process).

Tell us something about the upcoming Dragon Ball Super arc.
A: I can only say this: do not think you already know the definitive teams for the upcoming Tournament of Power. Even if they have been already revealed.

Reddit is panicking about this, lol. Many think Buu will drop out but that would just be such a massive dick move. Hopefully he's referring to pairings within the team or something else less disruptive.

• Thumbs Up 1

So, it seems like whoever said that Caulifla wasn't FemBroly because of the different design and we're actually going to have two female saiyans may be actually correct.

Again, this could be an outdated bios, but Caulifla so far is the exact oposite of what the FemBroly character seemed to have in terms of personality.

• Thumbs Up 3

Some still aren't sure, but two distinct designs and personalities point to two female Saiyans. There's too much evidence for it to just be Toei doing a booboo.

And with that, I'm very happy to see that Caulifla is a different character. Cauliflower and broccoli may look alike but kale (and cabbage for that matter) is also a cruciferous vegetable in the very same family so it still works.

9 hours ago, Pawn said:

Reddit is panicking about this, lol. Many think Buu will drop out but that would just be such a massive dick move. Hopefully he's referring to pairings within the team or something else less disruptive.

It COULD mean we'll end up seeing other teams joining forces or members flat out ditching their universes for others. Which would explain this scene from the intro

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/dragonball/images/d/d2/Dragon_Ball_Super_Opening_2_Screenshot_-4.png/revision/latest?cb=20170214232227

The one that led to a lot of people believing FemBroly would be from U11

• Thumbs Up 1

Geekdom101 of Youtube points out that we have likely seen Damon of Universe 4 in the intro as well:

m6ZOxcI.jpg

I know it might sounds strange, but what if Kale and Caulifla are the same person, but different personalities?

5 minutes ago, DiamondX said:

I know it might sounds strange, but what if Kale and Caulifla are the same person, but different personalities?

I've seen this suggested on Reddit, but I just don't see why it would be the case. Given the evidence we have, it's all but confirmed that they are two different characters. Anything else would be incredibly messy.

Didn't even check Reddit, I didn't know someone else posted this idea.

My idea is this ibecause it's wierd to introduce 2 female Saiyans in the same arc.Both seem to be a reference to Broly too. (Kale is pretty obvious - she has the same transformation, and Caulifla has the same hairstyle and seems more ''wild'').

This is more of a mistery than Black's identity.

Caulifla character sheet and bio have been released:

HUDuajc.jpg

Caulifla (CV Yuka Komatsu)
Female Saiyan from Universe 6. Cabba heads out to scout her as a participating fighter for the "Tournament of Power." She gives the appearance of a bad girl, but possesses a genius battle sense

• Thumbs Up 2