Awoo.

Dragon Ball (Warning: Untagged Spoilers)

FourCartridge

6 hours ago, Ratcicle King said:

There might not be romance from Caulifla, but we're talking about Kale's perspective.

I'd say kale admires her more than anything.  people can still get amazed by someone and. Not be in love haha

It wouldn't be strange if Kale is secretly in love with Caulifla. These kind of relationships are slowly appearing in cartoons all over the world nowadays.

It would not be strange for this generations shows. But there is noting hinting at it. I'm just saying from my perspective she just really admires her. If a girl admires the strength of another women does not mean she's in love. If that was the case every girl seeing wonder man lately have a long line to get to her haha :D

None of this is confirmed yet, but Reddit just posted possible major spoilers for episodes 94-98:

Spoiler

First up, we'll get a new ED in July: "Haruka" by Lacco Tower (Keisuke Matsukawa, Seiji Kameda)

Second, we have a tweet from Tōru Furuya (Yamcha):

While I can't say any details yet, today I got worn-out talking a lot as Yamcha. I have to do my best tomorrow too.

Source: @torushome
Translation: /u/novacrystallis

Finally, we have UNCONFIRMED leaks for 94-98 from 2ch. Herms has not weighed in yet, but I suspect he won't do a translation until we get image confirmation. My personal feeling is that they're probably real; we've never gotten leaks this elaborate before, and they fit the style of the Newtype/Animedia leaks (if real, this is probably Animedia; Newtype gives less info). But please don't take these as confirmed!

I have filled in dates myself, because the only reason for us to get five episode summaries is because 98 will air before Newtype/Animedia release on 10 July. We usually only get four.

Translations from an anonymous person on 4chan:

Episode 94 (11 June)
The emperor of Evil's Resurrection! A greeting from mysterious assassins!?

Goku heads towards Fortune-Teller Baba's house to meet with Freeza who has been successfully recruited into being the 10th member for Universe 7. Goten and Trunks visit South Island which #17 looks after.

Episode 95 (18 June)
Goku and Freeza fight together - The 4th Universe's Trap

Members of Universe 9 arrive to Universe 7's Earth to target Freeza. Goku and Freeza are forced to struggle with the belligerent party whilst Universe 4's God of Destruction, Quitela, comes up with a secret plan.

Episode 96 (25 June)
Emergency Situation AGAIN! The last warrior is THAT man?

Freeza has defected to the 4th Universe. The final person of the 7th Universe is still not decided. Because there is not enough time before the tournament, Goku will try to go to the venue with the 9 people as is, and a certain person appears there.

Episode 97 (2 July)
Who will survive!? The Tournament of Power finally begins!!

At long last the Tournament of Power will be held in the Void World where the warriors and gods from the 8 universes have arrived. There the Grand Priest reveals something shocking. Any warrior who falls from the arena will disappear on the spot.

Episode 98 (9 July)
Title TBA

The Universes are divided into those who take the proposal of Universe 11, and the Universes who do not. Goku is enjoying the situation as members of Universe 7 are targeted by many warriors.

If those descriptions are true...

Spoiler

... then wow. They're really screwing with us regarding the 10th member. A lot of people think it's Yamcha, especially with the voice actor comment. I'm hoping it isn't, personally, because I'd rather someone more surprising take the spot.

And it sounds as though all of the other fighters are going to group behind Universe 7 or Universe 11. I can't see anyone but Universe 6 backing 7, but you never know. Even then, that doesn't mean all of 6 will agree with each other. Perhaps Caulifla and Kale (as she is depicted alongside the Pride Troopers in the opening) will oppose Cabba as he joins his mentor?

Oh, and everyone who falls off just disappears? Ceases to exist, I assume? So much for Freeza sparing people...

• Thumbs Up 1

Hmm who is left on earth. As i doubt they will go back to hell to recruit someone again

2 hours ago, Meta77 said:

Hmm who is left on earth. As i doubt they will go back to hell to recruit someone again

Despite he always hated to fight, there's also n°8 that showed to be pretty strong even back in DB...but of course, I don't find it likely to happen.

If they kill off Quitela and the Trio de Dangers for real I'm going to fucking cry.

However, food for thought: odds are at least one Universe 7 fighter will fall from the ring and get erased (maybe Krillin will buck the trend and be second to last).

So either the erasure rule will be reconsidered (it's not outrageous, given Zen-Oh was willing to rescind it if Bergamo won), or erasure isn't truly final and even it can be undone. After all, the person still existed at one point, you'd presumably just do a localized temporal do over. Or maybe a long term temporal do over so people forget all about the Tournament of Power.

...now I'm wondering if this arc will end with tons of people technically gone, but they do a temporal do over so Zen-Oh forgets all about the Tournament. Though that doesn't work since Zen-Oh planned on erasing the lower 8 to begin with.

The Super Dragon Balls are raised as a plot point but I don't think even they have the power to oppose the equivalent of God. Plus, even if they could reverse the erasures, I don't think Zen-Oh would be too happy about it. It's a fruitless venture.

In the end, they have to simply convince Zen-Oh to change his mind, or it turns out Zen-Oh was bluffing about it all as a way to give every weak universe a sense of purpose; every universe has fatal flaws in its administration that are only really being brought up with the threat of total extermination. Or Zen-Oh really is arbitrary and planned to erase them all but goes with Bergamo's idea and changes it.

Honestly, I'd be terrified to live in the Dragon Ball multiverse to have a God of pure chaos in charge of everything.

• Thumbs Up 2

Spoiler

If one of the U7 fighters is going to die, I feel like it will be 17.

That's alot better.

Spoiler

I wonder if Universe 6 will fight with or against Universe 7.

While Beerus and Champa are brothers, they seem to hate each other.

Spoiler

We know Frost and Freeza will team up, but if we go by the intro, Kale is also apparently going to side with the Pride Troopers, I bet Caulifla will too, I'd guess only Hit and Cabba would side with U7, since they're the only ones who share some respect with the Z fighters

• Thumbs Up 1

Spoiler

Honestly, it would be cool if Hit would join U7 and stay with them after the tournament.

He and Goku are really good friends. (He slimes when fighting him and in the mini arc he even showed Goku how his attacks work).

But I think Kale with the Pride Troopers is more to show the real threats of the tournament.

10 hours ago, -Robin- said:

Deconfirmed as of now with the reveal of #95's title.

I wouldn't say deconfirmed as of yet, titles are usually things that people get the most wrong with these translations. the content sounds about the same as what the leak shows.

It'll be 96 that will deconfirm the leak.

1 minute ago, goku262002 said:

I wouldn't say deconfirmed as of yet, titles are usually things that people get the most wrong with these translations. the content sounds about the same as what the leak shows.

It'll be 96 that will deconfirm the leak.

Jossed for sure this time then.

Yeah that would do it, as much as I would've like to have seen a last minute fuck with the fans moment, its good that the Tournament is about to start. heck I think that this is the most build up episodes to a tournament arc I've seen, coming from a person who watched both DB and DBZ.

What are the odds of Sidra being forced to step down as God of Universe 9 after all this, assuming he's not outright destroyed? I assume sending an assassin force to other universes to try and sabotage a tournament planned by Zen-Oh doesn't go over well.

And does that mean we get God of Destruction Bergamo/Basil/Lavender?

Because I can't lie, I'd find that pretty sweet.

You know, looking over the spoilers and seeing Frieza's defection...

J6RG0Qp.png

Is it a crazy idea to think the fennec-looking guy who appears in the opening credits might be the 10th fighter?

In the aftermath of Frieza's betrayal, it becomes apparent people can betray their own universe and throw their fate in with another if they so wish. Maybe this guy is from Universe 9 (assuming based on his canine appearance), but knows he has better odds of survival allying with Universe 7?

I assume he'll appear very soon, given pretty much all the other silhouetted fighters have already made their debut. So either he appears in the next few episodes as filler for the other universes' recruitment or at the tournament.

Granted, that probably means Team Universe 9 gets erased automatically and that would make me cry.

I think the gut punch was the best. To  bad he is not staying :/ would have been interesting to see honestly.

I would like to take this intermission to make a Liquir appreciation post.

Despite only appearing in a few background scenes with a typical "GRUMBLE" expression that makes him look far from friendly, the God of Destruction from Universe 8 seems to have garnered a considerable amount of fan attention.

I think this one takes the cake, though. I can only hope that when he makes a plot-important appearance (which I have no doubt he will, given he's from Universe 8, which is presumably a "neighbor" universe to 7) he's this badass.

Now, let's take a look at true fan dedication: action figures!

90192-6-59259b8923934.jpg

While it certainly could look a bit prettier, I'd be lying if I said I didn't want one of these.

I will note though. It seems both these depictions make him far more muscular than he is in the anime. He's rather lean in the show:

Screenshot_8.png

In the aftermath of the Tournament of Power, I wouldn't be surprised if we see more of him. As a God of a successful universe with a no-nonsense approach to his job, he's certainly a great foil to more comically inept Gods like Beerus and Champa. I'll be particularly interested to see what sort of relationship he and Beerus have if any; thus far, Beerus' interactions with other Gods (Champa and Quitela) seem largely antagonistic.

On that note, I'm interested to find out which Gods are more powerful than Beerus. He seems content to boss around everyone weaker than him, but quickly shapes up when faced with someone who can actually hurt him. I wonder if Liquir, as a God of a much more powerful universe, would be one of those beings who could instill fear in him.

• Thumbs Up 2

Seems we'll be getting a taste of the Gods whose universes were exempted from the Tournament 2 episodes from now.

I'm actually really excited to see where this is going. I've wanted to see Liquir in action ever since he first appeared.

It sounds like the Gods are going to appear before both Zen-Ohs. Maybe they're going to try and argue on the behalf of the lower universes? After all, it's less the universes need to be destroyed and more Gods like Beerus just aren't good at their job.

• Thumbs Up 1

Spoiler

It took the tounrament 5 months to start.

Forget the 5 minutes. This is the biggest anime lie.

3 minutes ago, DiamondX said:
  Hide contents

It took the tounrament 5 months to start.

Forget the 5 minutes. This is the biggest anime lie.

And yet, still better than Valve time!

I can only imagine how long the actual Tournament will be, given they probably need to introduce every fighter.

This in spite of the fact they're liable to be vaporized 5 minutes later.

• Thumbs Up 1