Awoo.

Dragon Ball (Warning: Untagged Spoilers)

FourCartridge

The world would have fallen to chaos by Super 17's hand had Android 18 not intervened and motivated the original 17 into revealing his weak spot.

So there's that. It's a step up from being fodder in DBZ.

That whole saga was a waste, you had the potential to have a second Cell Saga with movie villains and a rematch with 2 of the greatest Z villains and it was fucking squandered. 17 became a fucking idiot when he fused, 17 may have been cocky but he was also sensible when he fused with his idiot hell self he just lost any kind of sensibility he had for MOAR POWAR!!!

AND WHERE THE FUCK WAS 16?! even if he would've been useless It still would've been nice to see him team up with 18.

Edited by goku262002
  • Thumbs Up 1

That whole saga was a waste, you had the potential to have a second Cell Saga with movie villains and a rematch with 2 of the greatest Z villains and it was fucking squandered. 17 became a fucking idiot when he fused, 17 may have been cocky but he was also sensible when he fused with his idiot hell self he just lost any kind of sensibility he had for MOAR POWAR!!!

AND WHERE THE FUCK WAS 16?! even if he would've been useless It still would've been nice to see him team up with 18.

Don't forget that Goku was doing just fine before he went to Super Saiyan 4 then Goku gets curbstomped for some reason.

Also 16 was a pure android so his death was stuck which made everything more dramatic in the Cell games. Poor guy. He does get a happier ending in one the games but he wasn't even mentioned in GT.

With that said I wanna say 19 was rebuilt by Gero for lulz.

Seriously, you have all of Dragon Ball's past villians come back and wreak havoc?

All of whom are weaker than Perfect Cell, who Vegeta could sweep up with his eyes shut, not to mention Majuub. And Cell didn't even go to Earth. The Z Fighters would have wrapped it all up in a flash.

Only real reason Hell Fighter 17 was able to match Vegeta was plot immunity, but I like to believe Dr. Myuu's technical expertise - expertise that allowed to make machines stronger than Buu - made Hell Fighter 17 enough of a challenge for Vegeta to buy time for Android 17 to show up.

SSJ Goku did decently enough but he didn't have the sheer power to take Super 17 down. He also didn't expect Super 17 to be able to absorb energy, and he severely underestimated the threshold of power Super 17 was able to endure an absorb when he fired a 10X Kamehameha at him.

Having defeated literally EVERYONE else after Burter with a Beam attack of some kind, I guess physical finishing moves just didn't register in his mind. :V

Edited by Joshua

Don't forget that Goku was doing just fine before he went to Super Saiyan 4 then Goku gets curbstomped for some reason.

That was Goku had the great idea of launching a 10X Kamehameha to an enemy that was able to absorb energy with his body and get stronger with that.

From that saga, I liked how 18 played mindgames with Super 17 making him to hesistate from attacking her because of the bomb that he didn't know she didn't have inside anymore, then started throwing Ki blasts like crazy, leaving S17 open for Goku's final attack.

And that's I think the only time (from Z and on) that Goku didn't need SSJ or Genki Dama to defeat someone.

Oh, I'm probably a little late for this, but the History of Trunks special is currently on on Nicktoons. It's pretty good...

Oh, I'm probably a little late for this, but the History of Trunks special is currently on on Nicktoons. It's pretty good...

hmm, it is. Man, History of Trunks is probably one of the saddest DBZ stories...it's pointless, but sad.

Yes. Yes. The second episode I started watching of Kai in this marathon thing, and Vegeta starts wearing the BADMAN shirt.

Regular Show on CN gets away with "Pissed".

Dan vs got away with hell too if I remember correctly.

Dan Vs. got away with almost calling one of the characters a whore, so...

Edited by Tornado

Which begs the question on why he doesn't he just train himself to maintain the form like he did with the original SS form in the Cell saga if being a kid is so restraining.Also I hated what happened to Buu. Even with Buu's power Uub was COMPLETELY useless. It feels like he fused for nothing.
Well yeah that is possible but considering Baby, Android 17, and the dragons events were almost back-to-back Goku didn't have the time to do it. It's not like he could go to the Time Chamber to train and be able to maintain the form since there's no exit anymore.

Dan Vs. got away with almost calling one of the characters a whore, so...

The radar always has been way too flexible. I wonder if anything can get away with...

beetlejuiceisgettingstuffpasttheradar_zp

..still. 

Well yeah that is possible but considering Baby, Android 17, and the dragons events were almost back-to-back Goku didn't have the time to do it. It's not like he could go to the Time Chamber to train and be able to maintain the form since there's no exit anymore.

True but hilariously Goku was doing fine without his Super Saiyan 4 form against, well everyone in the Super 17 saga. Sometimes I question if Super Saiyan 4 is a power-up or not since it keeps zigzagging between Goku dominating with it or just getting beaten down that he needs Dragon Fist/Spirit Bomb in his base form.

True but hilariously Goku was doing fine without his Super Saiyan 4 form against, well everyone in the Super 17 saga. Sometimes I question if Super Saiyan 4 is a power-up or not since it keeps zigzagging between Goku dominating with it or just getting beaten down that he needs Dragon Fist/Spirit Bomb in his base form.

Well, he was doing well witohut SSJ4 in the Super 17 saga because he was powerful than before, so it was easier for him and the rest to control the majority of the enemies (The Janemba OVA was a similar case, hence Gohan defeated Freeza with one hit)

• 2 weeks later...

New DBZ: Battle of Gods footage:

Looks amazing!

Also, dat CHA-LA-HEAD-CHA-LA remix!

Edited by Tomoki Sakurai

New DBZ: Battle of Gods footage:

Looks amazing!

Also, dat CHA-LA-HEAD-CHA-LA remix!

This movie will kick major arse. Even more so with the confirmation of a new "Super Saiyan God" Form for Goku. 

"Super Saiyan God form"...?

Remember when the original, normal Super Saiyan actually MEANT more beyond being a mere stepping stone for new, shinier forms?

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm gonna veer off topic of Battle of the Gods for a moment since I wanna get this off my chest.

Remember this?

VegetaAndNappa01_zps5bdc3ac3.png

And it switches to...

Saiyans_zpsac3ab129.jpg

...when Vegeta and Nappa reach Earth, at least before the Kai edit.

But anyways we already established that this was a coloring problem since there was no palette for Vegeta and Nappa if I remember correctly.

The thing is though is that before I knew it was an error I thought because of the alien atmosphere that caused the coloring issue. It did kind of make sense since it was fixed when Vegeta and Nappa reached Earth.

But enough of Crow randomly ranting about stuff he remembers. Go back to talking to Battle of the Gods.

Edited by Crow the BOOLET

I also though it was the planet atmosphere that made that coloring on them...

So that's not the only one. When Goku was sent to stop the rebelion in hell, when the Ginyu force charged towards him, he kind of made a Super Saiyan transformation to blow them away, but his hair was still colored black. Then when the scenes of the previous episode showed (Or it was when they showed it in the next ep. scenes...I don't remember now...) When Goku did the same thing he was actually going Super Saiyan with blonde hair et all

I hate to say this, but I wonder what Toriyama felt about Evolution.

While I am excited for the new Battle Of The Gods movie, I wonder if it will be as long as the old DBZ movies, longer  or shorter

I wonder what Toriyama felt about Evolution.

According to the internet, this is what Toriyama said about Evolution:

"As the original creator, I had a feeling of “Huh?” upon seeing the

screenplay and the character designs, but the director, all the actors,

the staff, and the rest are nothing but “ultra” high-caliber people.

Maybe the right way for me and all the fans to appreciate it is as a New

Dragonball of a different dimension. Perhaps, this might become a great

masterpiece of power! Hey, I look forward to it!!"

So, there you have it. Toriyama's comment about Evolution; "Huh?".

I hate to say this, but I wonder what Toriyama felt about Evolution.

While I am excited for the new Battle Of The Gods movie, I wonder if it will be as long as the old DBZ movies, longer  or shorter

I heard it'll be around 85 minutes in length, so that's quite a bit longer than most of the previous DBZ films, which were only around an hour or less in length.

Edited by Tomoki Sakurai

I'm gonna veer off topic of Battle of the Gods for a moment since I wanna get this off my chest.

Remember this?

VegetaAndNappa01_zps5bdc3ac3.png

IIRC, there's an alternative costume for Vegeta in DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi 3 with those colors haha

Edit:

Edited by Jango
  • Thumbs Up 1

I kind of wish Bils (or however we're spelling that now) had a few goofy minions for the non-Goku characters to actually stand a chance of winning against. The goofy minions are always, like, the best thing in Dragon Ball anyway.

I guess it's still cute that they're letting the taken-out-in-one-hit brigade at least try. Even Tien and Android 18 get to join in the brief and humiliating fun this time!

It's been confirmed that there will be a new Super Saiyan form in this movie:

vjumpgod1.jpg

The black text. The kanji is "Super", the katakana is "Saiya-jin", and the last three piece of katakana is "God".

Super Saiyan God.

The Oracle Fish in the movie foretold the appearance of the Super Saiyan God, which hastened his awakening.

This could also explain why Bills seems so fascinated by the fact a Super Saiyan defeated Freeza, despite being stronger than Buu - he may have mistook SSJ Goku as actually achieving the level of Super Saiyan God at that time.

Edited by Gregor