Awoo.

Dragon Ball (Warning: Untagged Spoilers)

FourCartridge

2 minutes ago, Ratcicle King said:

I wouldn't call future Zen'O responsible, he destroyed a timeline to stop a threat, yes, but he wasn't aware of it leaking to other timelines, nor had any regards for Goku and the others, meaning he didn't really care for what it did to the mortals of his timeline, in his eyes, it bothered him so it's gone now, and he overkilled the hell out of it. Let's remember that this arc literally began with those two blowing up planets for fun, they have no regard for the lives of anyone because of their lack of understanding, so they use their overwhelming power as they see fit without worrying about collateral damage.

And yet, Future Zen-Oh still felt the future looked terrible because everything was so ruined.

That would indicate that while he's fairly amoral, he's not without some values.

If she ends up being sad, probably. Mojito(?) had the excuse of hating both his kaioshin and GoD, and clearly showed stress over them failing to keep their universes in check. Cus so far didn't show anything of the sort. 

Buuuut considering how even Whis and Vados were basically joking and mocking Beerus and Champa in the face of their possible demise, I wouldn't be surprised if Cus doesn't really care. As Whis said, the Angels have a different duty to the gods of each universe, so their ammorality is probably a necessity.

1 minute ago, Lord Basil (Ogilvie) said:

And yet, Future Zen-Oh still felt the future looked terrible because everything was so ruined.

That would indicate that while he's fairly amoral, he's not without some values.

Present Zen'O's original plan was destroying the low ranking universes because of them not meeting his standards. Could be Future Zen'O less caring about the loss of lives and damage done to a world and more just being disappointed at the state of his universes. And he proceeds to erase said disappointment, exactly like how Present Zen'O planned.

Huh, true, forgot about that on the preview!

However, while it could be her being worried/sad it could also be just her reacting to the fights.

We know U5's Angel was visibly shocked by U9's erasure, so it's obvious they're not all bad.

Granted, it probably helps that he has a competent God of Destruction and so isn't quite as quick to shrug off their deaths.

It's hard to tell with a lot of them. Vados' "sorrow" at Champa's likely death was clearly mocking.

It is possible the angels from the strong universes aren't aware of the plan or are but aren't involved, so they can't do much but watch.

As for Vados, she and Whis are known for their mocking, but the fact she mocked Champa's possible demise seconds after an entire universe was erased does show she lacks a certain level of caring.

I mean let's say you have a friend about to catch a flight from a company that's just been reported having a serious plane crash incident, leaving said friend a bit spooked about taking the flight. You wouldn't go ''Haha enjoy crashing, shitlord'' to them. :U

So, I've been wondering about something.

Shouldn't Trunks and Goten be able to turn into SSJ2 by now?

Don't think they've been bothering with any training other than random sparring as we saw in some episodes. Guess they realized it's kinda unnecessary considering just by fusing they can go SSJ3 and have a huge power boost from fusion.

I guess so.

It's kinda annoying how Gotenks went from 1 to 3, skipping 2.

2 has to be the most underrated and least used form in the series.

Toriyama forgot about 2 at some point actually, in an interview he said he thought 2 was the ''long haired one'', so that shows how much the form mattered to him :U

Also, a little offtopic, but I just noticed a small detail.

Hit actually used one of his other moves introduced on the assassination episode, he did the same punch move he used to stop Goku's heart here, to tear off Narirama's arm.

Cus enjoyed her time with Rumshi, far better than Mojito did with Sidra did at any rate. Her apparently being saddened is a good thing to see.

She's also presumably the youngest of the angels to a significant degree, even if she's billions of years old. She's easier to display empathy.

It was filler, but considering how the Super anime is basically it's own thing compared to the manga(Plus the anime being said to be the main thing while the Manga is mostly just an extra.), filler here is canon, unlike DBZ, where the filler was, well, just random stuff to give the manga room to breath.

Ummm, filler is the opposite of canon.

I wish Akira released his Super "canon", since it seems like SSB Kaio-Ken and SSJ Rage aren't canon for the manga.

Not really, a filler episode is just an episode that isn't linked to any major story arcs used to bridge the gap between sagas and give the animators some breathing room.

However, IF the anime in question follows the story from a manga, then the filler is either a way to pad out for time in the episode to fit the necessary time criteria every episode should have, or an episode where nothing that moves the plot necessarially happens, or if it does, it's either minimal, or something the manga completely glossed over (Say, Goku looking for the Dragon Balls in the week before the Cell Games), to, again, pad out time, give the manga some breathing room, and give the anime team extra time to work on the arc. Which makes it not canon since it's something that did not happen on the manga.

In the case of Super, which is anime only, everything that happens on it is canon, filler or not, because the only source it follows is Toriyama's basic outline of every arc, everything else is up to Toei's writers to adapt.

The trouble with Toei's filler is that it doesn't always make much more sense than its non-canon Z filler. It has yet to go as far as anything so ridiculous as Tien and Yamcha taking on the Ginyu Force, but Krillin vs SSB Goku and Dyspo's weak introduction could have been handled much better. So many people on Reddit have objected to the idea of Dyspo beating down Hit* after he appeared to struggle against some monster. The monster could have been immensely powerful, of course, but it didn't come across that way and was likely just a scene thrown in to show the team working together without much thought beyond that.

In general, it's best to take much of the filler with a grain of salt.

*Not that I have a problem with him taking Hit out. The U6 MVP is way too overpowered with his signature technique, so I'm looking forward to it. =P

• Nice Smile 1

Honestly, the filler's only problems thus far are power scaling, but let's be real, Super isn't written with power scaling in mind, it never was.

I can't see Hit losing soon. Maybe around epispde 106 or 107, bhut not this early.

He's not the MVP for nothing.

I believe Super has established you can still get your ass handed to you if you're not fully powered up.

Goku said Golden Frieza would easily kill him and Vegeta in their base forms, and Goku - despite being on par with Golden Frieza when fully powered up - was almost killed by Sidra's Energy Ball.

It's entirely possible Dyspo underestimated his opponents and so nearly got eaten. The whole "light bullets" thing makes me think that we haven't seen Dyspo's full power.

Ultimately that's the key to defeating any powerful fighter. Just overwhelm them before they have a chance to fully power up.

1 hour ago, DiamondX said:

He's not the MVP for nothing.

Indeed, he's the MVP so it's more shocking when he's offed!

2 minutes ago, DiamondX said:

But Hit is my favourite fighter in the tournament, besides 17.

I don't wanna see him lose.

This is basically all of us at some point in this arc. :P 

The "Faster-Than-Light" title seems to indicate that Dyspo - or at least his attacks - move fast enough to break through Hit's ability. It seems both enough speed or enough power can overcome it.

My assumption would be Goku's Instant Transmission gives him an edge over Dyspo by merit of not needing to physically move like light.

Still a wee bit irritated he's randomly changing his view ganging up is lame, even if Dyspo is a worthy opponent. He sure didn't mind fighting Frieza one at a time even though ganging up on him would have saved everyone a lot of trouble.

2 minutes ago, Lord Basil (Ogilvie) said:

Still a wee bit irritated he's randomly changing his view ganging up is lame, even if Dyspo is a worthy opponent. He sure didn't mind fighting Frieza one at a time even though ganging up on him would have saved everyone a lot of trouble.

That part of the preview doesn't sound right, honestly. Someone else must be involved, like that blue Pride Trooper or Hit is already defeated and Goku steps in to prevent his elimination. I can't see him cutting in to double team Dyspo.