Awoo.

Dragon Ball (Warning: Untagged Spoilers)

FourCartridge

I'm just going to start posting the new episodes of MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection here. They're great. Watch them.

44 minutes ago, DiamondX said:

People think Gohan will go SSB.

Why?

There are crazy ideas all over the place. Gohan himself has stated that he isn't going to walk the path of the Super Saiyan and will find a different route to increase in power.

1 hour ago, Pawn said:

There are crazy ideas all over the place. Gohan himself has stated that he isn't going to walk the path of the Super Saiyan and will find a different route to increase in power.

That sounds like he'll eventually reach SS4? Or a something beyond Ultimate?

1 hour ago, Ice Vec said:

That sounds like he'll eventually reach SS4? Or a something beyond Ultimate?

SS4 would still be a Super Saiyan transformation. If I were to guess, he's probably going to continue getting stronger without the need for a form change (and thus conserving his stamina).

I've seen this suggested before, but it would be cool if Vegeta took Blue to a new level somehow, while Goku sticks with this new God form and Gohan stays Ultimate. Trunks has his traditional golden form, meaning that every adult would continue on with something different.

Of course that doesn't sell as many toys...

I get Hit's an older rival but I question Goku's logic in helping Hit against Dyspo.

If Dyspo is stronger than Hit, it makes sense to let Dyspo win. Like Jiren or Toppo, it means he's a strong opponent worth fighting.

2 hours ago, Lord Basil (Ogilvie) said:

I get Hit's an older rival but I question Goku's logic in helping Hit against Dyspo.

If Dyspo is stronger than Hit, it makes sense to let Dyspo win. Like Jiren or Toppo, it means he's a strong opponent worth fighting.

It's the Saiyan logic: Once you set the goal to defeat someone, you can't just let someone else do it for you.

Abridged made that clear in a simple gag

• Thumbs Up 2

aN3ao3G.jpg

Part of me wonders if the God placement isn't entirely coincidental. Sidra and Rumsshi are both at the forefront in the shots, and they're both toast.

That would make Mosco next, which isn't farfetched given Universe 3 was banking on Narirama and we know how well that went.

You're not wrong that the first to go are up front (and you're probably right about U3 being next to disappear), but I'd be very surprised if the opening or ending, for that matter, reveal as much as the order of eliminations. At least I hope not.

Those shots even make it look as though Sidra and Rumsshi are particularly dangerous... which they clearly aren't/weren't (relative to others).

Quitela, meanwhile, is just nestled away in the background. He's also very small.

And if there's one trend Toriyama likes, it's that small size belies danger.

The way it cut to Quitela when Whis was talking about a God stronger than Beerus who has a mortal capable of defeating him makes me wonder if that's relevant.

Of course, that too could be a red herring. You never know when DB will play it straight or legitimately surprise you.

Honestly, I feel like U4 is just filler.

At least right now.

Their biggest moments were:

-Someone who had to eliminate himself so he can be useful

-Someone defeated because of him smelling something not very nice.

They're also the only universe that hasn't had its hidden fighters revealed in official guides.

They're probably around for a while.

They also have a kamikaze fighter, who I wouldn't be surprised if they take out one of U7's strongest players.

2 minutes ago, DiamondX said:

Not really. We already know one.

Because people cheated and looked at the source code.

It doesn't count.

Just now, DiamondX said:

But you can also see him in the intro.

Well yes, we can see the other fighter in the intro too.

Officially though, U4's two mystery fighters are the only ones whose names are not yet given.

Which leads me to think U4 will make it at least to the second half of everything.

I think you can only see one, the bug guy.

The other may just be an invisible guy. Doesn't make him that dangerous.

I can see that you hope U4 is useful, but you know U6 and U11(and maybe 2) are the ones that are supposed to be the "villians".

Basically, there was a Youtube video which explained it really well:

Filler Universes: 3,4,9,10

Not Filler Universes: 2,6,7,11

12 minutes ago, DiamondX said:

I think you can only see one, the bug guy.

The other may just be an invisible guy. Doesn't make him that dangerous.

Elfchick.png

No, they're visible in Limit Break x Survivor.

The fact remains that U4 is the only universe left with unrevealed fighters. They dropped the bombshell U6 has Namekians over U4's fighters.

They're likely sticking around for a bit.

The intro credits' primary purpose seems to be to establish which fighters get at least half an episode of a fight and which ones get tossed out like old food.

I can see that you hope U4 is useful, but you know U6 and U11(and maybe 2) are the ones that are supposed to be the "villians".

Frieza and King Cold looked dangerous but Trunks quickly turned them into sushi.

The Androids were supposed to be the villains but Cell quickly displaced them.

Don't be surprised if the plot suddenly swerves somewhere we weren't expecting.

Basically, there was a Youtube video which explained it really well:

Filler Universes: 3,4,9,10

Not Filler Universes: 2,6,7,11

6, 7, and 11 yes.

But 2 makes me raise an eyebrow. What makes them special? The fact we got to see Ribrianne vaporize people? The fact we see a red herring fight in the credits featuring her?

We got to see Narirama in action. He was a scrub. We got to see the Trio struggling to recruit people and Sidra cracking under the pressure, gaining more sympathy for U9. They're out too.

Buildup and the intro can't be entirely trusted. The only thing that really seems to be played straight is how dangerous Jiren is.

I meant a comment, not a video, sorry!

As for Universe 4, the designs aren't that great, so they wouldn't look that great as villians.

Don't forget 2 had no eliminated fighters before the previous episode. I can see them stayig for a while.

1 minute ago, DiamondX said:

As for Universe 4, the designs aren't that great, so they wouldn't look that great as villians.

This assumes they don't have some kind of transformation, however. U9's people had some whacky powers, I wouldn't put it past U4 - as their twin - to have a few.

1 minute ago, DiamondX said:

Don't forget 2 had no eliminated fighters before the previous episode. I can see them stayig for a while.

Basil was MVP in 97. We all know what happened in 98.

Now it just boils down to whether 17 or Ribrianne win in their fight.

Sooner or later U7 has to lose one of these big fights.

I can see U4 clashing more with the less powerful, but technique-driven fighters from U7 (just as Krillin did with two of them). It's likely no coincidence that Tien was the one to sense the invisible tricksters.

I'm looking forward to the buggy dude, Damon, getting in on the action as arthropods are in dire need of representation!

54 minutes ago, DiamondX said:

Basil took down one girl.

Took down one girl who was the first ringout of the whole Tournament.

And wrecked Narirama with Hit.

And came close to pushing another fighter off.

And clashed fists with Toppo.

He got a lot of attention.

U9 was in good shape before 98 and it didn't make a difference.

I wouldn't be surprised if U2 likewise sees a huge blowout.

15 minutes ago, Pawn said:

I can see U4 clashing more with the less powerful, but technique-driven fighters from U7 (just as Krillin did with two of them). It's likely no coincidence that Tien was the one to sense the invisible tricksters.

I'm looking forward to the buggy dude, Damon, getting in on the action as arthropods are in dire need of representation!

Really we're basically just gambling on whether it's sooner or later. It'd be legitimately surprising if the top three don't stay U6, 7, and 11.

2 hours ago, Lord Basil (Ogilvie) said:

This assumes they don't have some kind of transformation, however. U9's people had some whacky powers, I wouldn't put it past U4 - as their twin - to have a few.

Basil was MVP in 97. We all know what happened in 98.

Now it just boils down to whether 17 or Ribrianne win in their fight.

Sooner or later U7 has to lose one of these big fights.

I see 17 struggling but winning overall it's honestly like he isn't even trying atm