Awoo.

Dragon Ball (Warning: Untagged Spoilers)

FourCartridge

3 hours ago, Pawn said:

Ever wondered why Trunks chose to go back to a different time in the manga? Well here is a bonus chapter released just for you:

qcS7KSj.png

NbtwuTR.png

That's a... rather lighthearted way to handle it lol.

Also, we have preview images for tomorrow:

kMNTzd3.jpg

Btla2hJ.jpg

ccaBqri.jpg

Pl2iYDA.jpg

Wow, guys, why's Vegeta wearing Goku's gi???

Also, I like that comic.

Well there we go.

Spoiler

Universe 10 is gone. Gowasu is with his beloved tea maker now. Also, Super Saiyan God next week.

J0E5ohq.jpg

Fuck you Super that actually made me sad.

Also @Lord Basil (Ogilvie) there you go, Dyspo had another Pride Trooper helping him during the fight against Hit, so Goku didn't go for 2x1, he evened the odds.

• Thumbs Up 3

It is slightly more acceptable, yes. :P At least I know Dyspo can wail on Hit on his own, and that certainly makes him faring better than every other furry.

The amount of reused animation this episode, though. If I'm not mistaken, when Goku's being hit with all those energy balls, they reused the same exact animation as when he was being pounded by Ganos' energy balls, except they changed the color.

Props to Universe 10's erasure being sadder than Universe 9's somehow, despite less attachment to the characters. Presumably a mixture of the locket and Cus' genuine sadness at Rumsshi's death. At least we know that not all Angels are douches. Then there's just how reserved Gowasu and Rumsshi are; it's a stark contrast to Roh's desperate cry for mercy.

Whelp, now it's basically just a wait to see if U3, U2, or U4 is next. My money would be on U3. Twinned with 10, and since they've already lost their strongest fighters, I assume they'll make up the bulk of fodder characters who get knocked out between big fights. Also noteworthy: none of Universe 10 or 3's fighters are present in the opening. U9's early axeing makes sense as part of Quitela's manipulations as well as the fact we already knew their tricks. I assume U3 will be played straight.

They do seem to be running home the point how sick of a game this is on Zen-Oh's part. Twice now the last fighter to fall had a family element to them.

I'm not sure what to think of the ending. It felt really rushed.

While U9 got a more interesting moment, showing the entire Universe being gone, U10 is like "Bye!"

31 minutes ago, DiamondX said:

While U9 got a more interesting moment, showing the entire Universe being gone, U10 is like "Bye!"

I actually liked it, unlike U9, who lost everyone at once, so they were still recoiling from shock once they were erased, everyone in U10 accepted their fate, as they lost more and more fighters by the minute, giving them plenty of time to accept their fate, the entire episode was them preparing to be erased, and they all went down with dignity.

Plus, the way it was so sudden and with no drama also makes it more terrifying, there's no point in fighting back, no point in complaining, they all vanished in an instant like they were nothing.

• Thumbs Up 2

That Obni guy was actually kind of cool. It's a shame he really stood no chance in the end.

It's good that more characters outside of androids and Saiyans, like Piccolo and U2's Jimizu, are taking some victories as well. Meanwhile, that blue Pride Trooper is indeed assisting Dyspo. I hope his similarity to Beerus/Champa is explained or at least commented on sooner rather than later.

Dyspo teaming up with a fodder character? Oh no.

Hopefully the tendency to retreat when one fighter is KO'd holds true here.

Dyspo should know Goku is serious business and best left to Jiren anyway.

3 hours ago, DiamondX said:

U9 was the first. Everyone was kind of hoping Zen-Oh was bluffing. Sadly he wasn't.

Erasure will be cheaped from now on because everyone knows it's legit.

44 fighters are left.

U7 - 9

U6 - 9

U2 - 8

U4 - 7

U3 - 7

U11 - 4

U11's plot armor will prevent them from being eliminated despite being down, so it's mostly just a matter of 2, 3, and 4 competing for fourth place.

Highly likely to be 2 or 4, since U3's trump cards have already been taken out of play.

Unless, again, they happen to all combine into a giant Megazord and wipe a bunch of people out.

The current credits run until episode 108 and episode 103 just aired, so that's 5 more episodes which I presume will be fairly action packed.

I don't think the Tournament will end in that timespan though, just narrow down, allowing for a much more tense endgame over the 12 episodes after.

1 hour ago, Lord Basil (Ogilvie) said:

Unless, again, they happen to all combine into a giant Megazord and wipe a bunch of people out.

Please let this happen and please let its opponent be Giant Piccolo. A Kaiju fight parody would be great.

And I agree with you on U3 getting the boot next, as they have had a very poor showing so far. That said, they ought to give us something big before they go out and a Megazord would fit the bill nicely. U9 and U10, despite their fodder, at least had the preliminary tournament and Gowasu (and Zamasu) respectively.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, U6 finally suffered it's first KO, and Botamo of all people. Now Magetta is open forma insults.

Also it was funny how Botamo's voice tone changed when he apologized todo Champa.

Dyspo is a rabbit. Beerus and Champa are cats. You're thinking far too much into it. If slight comparisons were going to be commented on every time, Helles and the Kamikaze Fireballs would have been compared to Earthlings too.

I get the feeling Super Saiyan Blue is beginning to take its toll on Goku. He's been using it mundanely in preparation for the tournament, and used at last three times in quick succession in the tournament proper, in just 11 minutes. 

With the stamina cut Super Saiyan Blue imposes, it could be that Goku simply can't go Blue at the moment, and is using Super Saiyan God to keep up until his teased new transformation is unveiled - perhaps the god power perfected?

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, -Robin- said:

Dyspo is a rabbit. Beerus and Champa are cats. You're thinking far too much into it. If slight comparisons were going to be commented on every time, Helles and the Kamikaze Fireballs would have been compared to Earthlings too.

Oh come on. It's quite common for aliens in the series to look like humans (Saiyans being the most obvious) and indeed in many other shows as well. Dyspo essentially being a bunny-like Beerus is clearly deliberate as the GoD's design is very unique. We don't even know how members of Beerus' race differ from each other, as we've only seen two brothers. There could a wide variety of mammalian features across their species.

He could be from the same planet or a twin universe counterpart. Toriyama may simply have wanted to reference Goku's original battle with Beerus, of course, but it does seem a little odd to go this far with the resemblance. Who knows. It's a safe assumption to make that there is some link, though.

I doubt that Beerus and Champa are from the same species as Dyspo. In DB, species from a planet or people that belong to a certain faction tend to share a naming pattern. Like saiyans are named after vegetables, GoD and angels after alcoholic drinks. These 3 in particular don't share a pattern (Or at least I don't know what Dyspo refers to...)

• Thumbs Up 1

Alcoholic beverages are for GoDs and angels tho', not for Beerus and Champa's race, while Dyspo follows the naming of the Pride Troopers, so he could very well be an exception, like how the Earth saiyans all don't follow the normal saiyan naming convention and each follows their own family's pattern.

• Thumbs Up 1

34 minutes ago, Ratcicle King said:

Alcoholic beverages are for GoDs and angels tho', not for Beerus and Champa's race, while Dyspo follows the naming of the Pride Troopers, so he could very well be an exception, like how the Earth saiyans all don't follow the normal saiyan naming convention and each follows their own family's pattern.

Exactly. There's also Piccolo being named after an instrument and the rest of the Nameks after snails.

It's basically that if characters are introduced as a group, they will have similar naming patterns. Gohan's raised as an Earthling, so he follows a different pattern from the Saiyans. Piccolo is originally part of demons who turn out to just be Namekians, so he's an instrument as opposed to a snail.

Beerus and Champa are introduced as Gods and Dyspo as a member of the Pride Troopers, who are named after alcohol and kitchen ware, respectively.

In Dyspo's case, he's named after a garbage disposal.

2 hours ago, Pawn said:

Is Toriyama calling Hit garbage O:

That, or he's calling Dyspo a dirty trash collector. ¦D

So Herms98 translated another guide a few days ago.

It turns out Team Universe 3's Paparoni - the well-dressed guy with the cane - has the power to control intelligent machines. Considering he was literally run over by 18, I'm guessing that's his main draw.

The odds of all the machines turning into a Megazord just skyrocketed.

As are the odds of their defeat coming from grabbing and breaking Paparoni's cane.

• Thumbs Up 2

For a second I wondered if he could take control of 17 and 18, but I suppose that wouldn't work given they're Artificial Humans rather than enitrely machines.

10 hours ago, Lord Basil (Ogilvie) said:

The odds of all the machines turning into a Megazord just skyrocketed.

But yes. This is definitely yes. Please.

Just wondering, what is your favourite nusic composer from the series?

Japanese:

-Kitano

-Yamamoto

-Sumitomo

English:

-Falcouner

-Menza

For me, it's a tie. I like both Sumitomo and Yamamoto.

6 hours ago, Pawn said:

For a second I wondered if he could take control of 17 and 18, but I suppose that wouldn't work given they're Artificial Humans rather than enitrely machines.

I mean, in theory, taking control of an artificial intelligence doesn't involve taking over their brain, just their wiring.

So if 17 and 18 are heavy on the cybernetic components, he could control those.

It'd certainly give U3 more of a lasting impact - they might end up forcing U7 to eliminate two of their own. Plus it's more horrifying because the person is presumably still aware of being controlled.

It's also scarier than mind control because you're literally controlling a person's "muscles." They have no more ability to "fight it" than you have the ability to fight flexing your knee when the doctor hits underneath it.