Awoo.

Dragon Ball (Warning: Untagged Spoilers)

FourCartridge

Something Hit and Goku picked up from Dyspo immediately is that his light-speed attack forces Dyspo to blitz only in a straight line; he can't maneuver or bend his trajectory. Hit caught onto that and used his dimensional afterimage to make Dyspo fall off the ring, and Goku simply timed his Super Saiyan Blue powerup to match his speed and counterattack.

Dyspo's likely going to be eliminated by someone else exploiting that. Perhaps Piccolo will use his Namekian limbs to grab Dyspo right out of his attack and fling him right off.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hopefully he'll at least be able to job some weaklings before he goes though.

We're seriously in need of a nuke here. Otherwise this will go on for like 40 episodes.

51 minutes ago, Lord Basil (Ogilvie) said:

We're seriously in need of a nuke here. Otherwise this will go on for like 40 episodes.

They can't all be Universe 9. We're moving forward in Namek time so it'll be quite a few episodes.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Lord Basil (Ogilvie) said:

Hopefully he'll at least be able to job some weaklings before he goes though.

Who's to say the others are weaklings, or whether power matters though?

We thought before that Dyspo was so skilled in combat that he can overpower Hit and his Time Skip, but he just has a technique that gets him to Hit before Hit can activate Time Skip in the first place. It seems that that's Dyspo's only ace in the hole, and even it's incredibly limited in versatility.

Hit, meanwhile, is a combat veteran, who has discipline and combat training to fall back on, and by the time he had his second round with Dyspo, Dyspo didn't stand a chance.

Dyspo could sucker punch a few stragglers, sure, but once they see him and what he's doing, it wouldn't take long to snuff him out.

4 hours ago, Chris said:

They can't all be Universe 9. We're moving forward in Namek time so it'll be quite a few episodes.

They were willing to wipe out 4 Pride Troopers against U6 and U7.

Or how U10 lost 3 fighters in one episode.

This episode's single knockout is presumably because they wanted to give full attention to Hit and Goku's teamup.

I won't be surprised if we see a return of 3-4 ringouts per episode.

3 hours ago, -Robin- said:

Who's to say the others are weaklings, or whether power matters though?

I think it's a safe bet almost anyone who isn't on U6, U7, or U11 is fodder at this point.

And to be honest if this just becomes U6 versus U7 I'm going to find it quite boring. We already did that.

We thought before that Dyspo was so skilled in combat that he can overpower Hit and his Time Skip, but he just has a technique that gets him to Hit before Hit can activate Time Skip in the first place. It seems that that's Dyspo's only ace in the hole, and even it's incredibly limited in versatility.

Dyspo could sucker punch a few stragglers, sure, but once they see him and what he's doing, it wouldn't take long to snuff him out.

He still has absurd speed that is going to give him an edge over pretty much anyone who isn't insanely strong.

Hit was smart enough to find a way around Dyspo's speed by using feints. Most fighters probably can't do that, because most don't have a Time Skip that evens the odds against Dyspo's speed.

How did Dyspo not get eliminated? The guy grabbed him after like an entier minute.

Also, did anyone notice that Hit's animation during his second fight with Dyspo is taken from the Hit vs Vegeta fight?

So uh.

Can we get a scene where the last fighter from one Universe is dangling off the edge, looking up at Toppo, and Toppo just cruelly steps on their hand and makes them fall?

C'mon, you can't cause a radical change in the dude's perspective without having a scene where he is ruthless. He has to be a stark contrast to someone like Gohan, who just sees this as a necessary evil kind of deal.

3 minutes ago, Diamond Dragon X said:

How did Dyspo not get eliminated? The guy grabbed him after like an entier minute.

My expectation is they have some other plan for him.

That and despite his speed and strength, he seems to be the rookie of the Pride Troopers. They wanted him to rant on about justice only so Toppo could shut him down and say that's all nonsense.

So it's entirely possible he survived solely to establish that Toppo's going down the route of becoming a monster. Particularly striking given his survival is because of his teammate's own sacrifice.

9 minutes ago, Diamond Dragon X said:

Wait, does that mean Toppo will stop saying "Justice" with each attack?

Finally!

Oh God.

I can only imagine what he ends up renaming them.

He's going straight into edge territory, isn't he?

I love how Toppo goes ''pride and justice won't work here anymore'' when 3 episodes ago, five of his teammembers ganged up on two fighters just to spite them for one of their friends being thrown out.

To be fair, I'm almost sure Toppo's a dellusional fuck. Wouldn't surprise me if Jiren turns out to be a bastard and Toppo can't accept it because ''muh pride troopers''

• Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, -Robin- said:

Champa comments that Dyspo and Beerus look alike.

Vados comments Champa and Beerus look alike.

There, can we be done with that, now.

No. =P

10 hours ago, -Robin- said:

Dyspo's likely going to be eliminated by someone else exploiting that. Perhaps Piccolo will use his Namekian limbs to grab Dyspo right out of his attack and fling him right off.

As much as I love the Namekian, the guy's waaaay beyond Piccolo.

It was an interesting episode. Although Goku felt a bit shoehorned in there. I feel it would have been believable for Hit to eventually defeat them without outside help, but perhaps this is setting up a return favour for later. Hats off to both Hit and Dyspo, though. They were both entertaining to watch.

1 hour ago, Lord Basil (Ogilvie) said:

Oh God.

I can only imagine what he ends up renaming them.

He's going straight into edge territory, isn't he?

Killer Flash

Edgy On

Volcano Crusher

• Thumbs Up 1

The epic saga continues. Continuing from "Frieza kills Universe 9 assassins but each death is a Roblox death noise" and "Universe 9 is erased but every death is a Roblox death noise."

18 hours ago, Ratcicle King said:

I love how Toppo goes ''pride and justice won't work here anymore'' when 3 episodes ago, five of his teammembers ganged up on two fighters just to spite them for one of their friends being thrown out.

To be fair, I'm almost sure Toppo's a dellusional fuck. Wouldn't surprise me if Jiren turns out to be a bastard and Toppo can't accept it because ''muh pride troopers''

The Pride Troopers do have a warped sense of justice, to a point they'd be "Stupid Good." Kahseral thinking saving a cat is the most important task on the basis that if he can't save a cat he can't save anyone, for example.

For them, there's nothing wrong with ganging up someone they view as evil. Evil is to be purged.

Their inability to weigh different acts of good and evil is probably why their universe didn't quite make the cut. It's a neat contrast to Liquiir's rank just above theirs, as he just simply annihilates anyone who drags his universe down.

As someone mentioned on reddit, Toppo's also probably realizing how fucked they are. He expected it to be a clean win with his team, going by how he threw them at the others and saved Jiren as a last resort. He also probably expected everyone would gang up on Goku because ''he's evil''. Not only he was already worried about Goku's power, as we've seen in some episodes before the tournament, but right now, Goku's team has the highest amount of kills so far, his entire team, as far as Toppo knows, is just as strong as he is, and it's not too far from the truth either. Now he realized U6 has 3 really strong fighters, and THEY ALL TEAMED UP WITH GOKU AND U7. Toppo's finally seeing how the odds are stacked against them, especially now that it's all on him, Jiren and Dyspo, who's already pretty beaten up.

• Thumbs Up 1

Episode 106 preview:

We also have a key visual for the DBS and One Piece specials:

DH-nWGnVwAAviP4.jpg

Apparently the One Piece special will air on 1st October (so no Super that week) and the Super special will do so the following week. Whether this is an actual crossover or not has yet to be confirmed.

Unseen attacker huh? Must be one of the hidden Universe 4 guys. Also really happy the team dynamic between Gohan and Piccolo is doing well, one of the best team ups in the tournament.

Whelp, I guess it's official.

Dyspo is the only anthro fighter in the whole Tournament who wasn't screwed from the start. Props to him on that.

Looking like U4 will be next, disappointingly, based on 105 and 106's previews. U2 would be more shocking.

4 U7 fighters versus one fighter, though? Please tell me one of them gets eliminated. It would be really lame to have such an absurdly powerful opponent - someone so powerful even Vegeta has to get involved - and STILL not lose anyone. They either need to start flying off the stage, or Jiren/Toppo need to turn everyone on U6/U7 into bowling pins towards the end.

My money would be on Tien. If it's one of the bug fighters from U4, it would be perfectly logical for them to focus on him, so he can't locate the second one when they make their move. Plus, he's not a Saiyan, and Piccolo still has time for a dramatic match against U6's Nameks. Sorry Tien, you're the blandest one of the four.

It also raises the question of if the ending credits theory is true. But we only have those through Episode 108. Will be shocked and see Vegeta go down in 108, I wonder?

Shooting down the enemies, makes me think of Frieza's finger beam, so maybe him or Frost?

Also, that One Piec x Dragon Ball art is awesome. I'm glad the upcoming crossover will only be these two again and no Toriko.

Don't know if this was discussed, but Dragon Ball Heroes may have spoiled how the Tournament of Power will end. Heroes also revealed SSB, Merged Zamasu, Vegito Blue, etc before the anime did.

2 hours ago, Autosaver said:

Don't know if this was discussed, but Dragon Ball Heroes may have spoiled how the Tournament of Power will end. Heroes also revealed SSB, Merged Zamasu, Vegito Blue, etc before the anime did.

I hope not cause I'm hoping that Gohan will be the one to make it to the end with Goku

If any of you guys played XV2, you know Hit was voiced by Aaron Roberts.

Well, FUNImation announced the english voices for the new warriors (Monaka and U6) and Hit's VA was changed to Matthew Mercer.

I really hope Dragon Ball Heroes only spoils forms and not plot developments.

4 hours ago, Diamond Dragon X said:

If any of you guys played XV2, you know Hit was voiced by Aaron Roberts.

Well, FUNImation announced the english voices for the new warriors (Monaka and U6) and Hit's VA was changed to Matthew Mercer.

Well at least we know now that video game voices won't necessarily translate into the anime voices.

19 minutes ago, Lord Basil (Ogilvie) said:

Well at least we know now that video game voices won't necessarily translate into the anime voices.

It's the only change so far.

Champa, Vados, Frost and Cabba kept their Xenoverse 2 voice actors.

The change was most probably due to the hate on his VA.