Awoo.

Dragon Ball (Warning: Untagged Spoilers)

FourCartridge

9 hours ago, Kuzu the Boloedge said:

In other news, the full version of Limit Break X Survivor is finally out.

Listening to this while looking at your signature made it even better.

• Thumbs Up 2

10 minutes ago, Ratcicle King said:

Here's a version with the full lyric translation, just turn on the CC :U

I CAN'T GET NO SATISFACTIONNNN!!

Something I'd like to point out about the second verse of Limit Break X Survivor:

We know so far Goku's gonna be pushed into a wall hard this saga, Jiren might possibly be the one warrior stronger than his own God of Destruction, and again, the new form is ''the wall Goku's been trying to break for 30 years''. With that said, many of the lyrics of the second verse, link to these factors(''Think back to the good old days, turn that dream into a reality'' ''Break through the sadness because you're a warrior too'' ''Even the Gods of Destruction will look puny'' ''Even when you don't expect to he survives'' ''This is the climax of the battle'')

So what are the chances this second verse is played at the climax of the fight instead of the first half, like One Punch Man? Would fit the entire climax they seem to be setting up, plus the new verse, something we never heard in the anime, would make it even more hype.

I'm probably reading too hard into this.

13 hours ago, Autosaver said:

Don't know if this was discussed, but Dragon Ball Heroes may have spoiled how the Tournament of Power will end. Heroes also revealed SSB, Merged Zamasu, Vegito Blue, etc before the anime did.

I remember a theory put forward by guests on Geekdom101's channel, a few weeks ago, that suggests that Golden Freeza vs Jiren will be a big match-up as well. This is partly due to the footage above, the fact that they share a naming connection (since all Pride Troopers are named after kitchen tools/machines) and that one of the endings contained the lyrics "a righteous devil and an evil angel" (ie Goku and Freeza). It's an interesting idea.

2 hours ago, Ratcicle King said:

Something I'd like to point out about the second verse of Limit Break X Survivor:

We know so far Goku's gonna be pushed into a wall hard this saga, Jiren might possibly be the one warrior stronger than his own God of Destruction, and again, the new form is ''the wall Goku's been trying to break for 30 years''. With that said, many of the lyrics of the second verse, link to these factors(''Think back to the good old days, turn that dream into a reality'' ''Break through the sadness because you're a warrior too'' ''Even the Gods of Destruction will look puny'' ''Even when you don't expect to he survives'' ''This is the climax of the battle'')

So what are the chances this second verse is played at the climax of the fight instead of the first half, like One Punch Man? Would fit the entire climax they seem to be setting up, plus the new verse, something we never heard in the anime, would make it even more hype.

I'm probably reading too hard into this.

Well, you're not alone. Others are speculating that the first verse of the song is for Goku while the second verse is actually for Gohan.

For all the Master Roshi fans, this is your episode.

He stumbled a bit with his composure with women, but he got it together just in time and forced the princess in U4 out. He then used the Mafuba on the sea-witch looking woman from U4 and eliminated her (The bottle to contain her technically counts as a weapon, but in Zen'O's own words, "It's interesting, so it's ok,"), and Roshi then took down U4's kingpin Ganos with his technique, and his Kamehameha. All that took its toll on him though, and he legit died for a few seconds, but it seems Super Saiyan Blue ki can actually bring people back to life on its own, rather than jumpstart someone's heart, and Roshi's back up on his feet and ready for more.

He even earned Beerus's respect in the end, asking for his name.

The way this episode was composed, and the pride Roshi has for Krillin and Goku to where he will break his own barriers too and shine, this episode is simply my favorite in the tournament so far.

The episode really did confirm what Roshi's place in this tournament really is. He may not be the strongest on the team, not by a long shot, but he more than makes up for it in battle experience and technique. Warriors like the witch and Garos are perfect matchups for him, because he has the means to beat their tricky moves and powerups before they get out of hand without having to have the pure strength himself.

• Thumbs Up 3

Given Roshi's shined so well, now I'm admittedly concerned he'll be the next U7 fighter to go. That said, the fact he died and was revived means he'll probably have at least one person go before him, so as to avoid cheapening the resurrection.

That said, while this is supposed to be sad, the fact they're crying over people dying the ordinary way feels rather... weak given complete erasure from existence is a possibility now. He'd be lucky to just die.

Quitela and Beerus' rivalry is just precious and I think that was one of the best comic relief parts of the whole Tournament. Here's hoping U4 gets to last a little longer just to antagonize Beerus.

Said rivalry also reinforced the scary fact behind this Tournament: Zen-Oh can freely tweak the rules as he pleases, and it's entirely possible he can just change them completely. There isn't any real satisfaction in this Tournament because he can simply hold another, or go back on his word, or do whatever he wants.

Looks like the mysterious sniper character is actually from Universe 2. Given Tien's participation in the battle, I think if anyone goes it will be him.

This also means U4's trump cards remain hidden and will probably be sprung at a dramatic moment. My assumption is Quitela is saving them for towards the end; even if U4 can't win outright, he can still sabotage U7 so he has the satisfaction of knowing Beerus will go with him.

Remaining fighters:

U7/U6 - 9

U2 - 8

U3 - 7

U4 - 4

U11 - 3

We are officially at 40 fighters left, with half of the fighters eliminated.

People complained about Roshi being here.

But this episode showed that he deserves to be here.

That scene where Goku saves his was really sad.

1503819846714.png

lolU4

I absolutely loved this episode. It was cool to see Roshi as great as he's supposed to be again. Kinda took me back to the DB days for a moment.

And good lord, Goku actually caring and getting extremely emotional over almost losing someone? Didn't think I'd see that in this arc, or at all.

Wonder how they're gonna handle the sniper thing next episode. Is it time for Tien to finally actually do something in this tournament?

• Thumbs Up 1

oaUBxDQ.jpg

That was one of my favourite parts of the episode. It's like my niece being in control... *shudders*

Anyway, that was impressive showing by Master Roshi. It was kind of hard for me to take the distress of Goku and Krillin seriously when the Dragon Balls are safely back on Earth, though.

Ganos' transformation was hilariously unexpected and Darkori's abilities were kind of cool. I liked the Scarecrow-like giant form. It's a pity she didn't last long, because her illusions could have made her a more significant threat.

I wonder if Tien will get many big moments next episode. Of all the characters, he's been given the least attention throughout the entire series of Dragon Ball. He's got to be given something.

• Thumbs Up 1

They couldn't have used the Dragon Balls.

He got too tired, which is a natural thing.

Just like Future Goku's heart virus.

Roshi tired himself out to death with the Mafuba in Dragonball but was revived no problem. 

The problem comes with Earth Dragonballs having already revived him, and the Namekian Dragonballs not allowed to revive people who did die naturally indirectly or otherwise (Tien almost counts here, but he was already on his way to death from Nappa's onslaught, and his Kikoho only accelerated the process). Roshi would have qualified for both restrictions.

But then, that's what the Super Dragonballs would be for.

That makes more sense.

But they would've remained with one less warrior, so that's another reason they got worried.

So I've been pretty negative towards this arc but I have to say that this week's episode was the best episode of this tournament so far.

Spoiler

Seriously Roshi needed this moment and Goku finally showed emotion instead of being reckless and everybody telling him to stop letting his guard down. Between this episode and Gohan feeling bad for causing Universe 10 to be erased if they had kept that level of "Oh this is serious the universe is in danger and lives will be lost no matter what" this arc would of been a lot better. 

• Thumbs Up 1

So let's see here.

9/2 - 106

9/9 - No episode

9/16, 9/23, 9/30, 10/7 - 107, 108, 109, 110 (which is basically 3 episodes, assuming it's not literally 3 episodes)

Basically, we have 4 more regular episodes, with a special on October 7th (October 8th in Japan).

In short, given Jiren's the big bad of the Tournament, I'm guessing we're gonna see the rate of casualties pile up over the next 4 episodes, with most fighters being wiped out in the special.

For all we know, they'll make it dramatic and wipe out 4 universes at once, leaving only 7 and 11.

I assume they'll have Goku and Jiren's battle stretch over multiple episodes, so I'd presume 110 is only the start of the Goku/Jiren fight. Most of it will be about cleaning the board, I think.

4 minutes ago, Lord Basil (Ogilvie) said:

So let's see here.

9/2 - 106

9/9 - No episode

9/16, 9/23, 9/30, 10/7 - 107, 108, 109, 110 (which is basically 3 episodes, assuming it's not literally 3 episodes)

Basically, we have 4 more regular episodes, with a special on October 7th (October 8th in Japan).

In short, given Jiren's the big bad of the Tournament, I'm guessing we're gonna see the rate of casualties pile up over the next 4 episodes, with most fighters being wiped out in the special.

For all we know, they'll make it dramatic and wipe out 4 universes at once, leaving only 7 and 11.

Why are they rushing it? It's annoying.

So, I don't get it. Is the special a corssover with OP or not?

14 minutes ago, Diamond Dragon X said:

Why are they rushing it? It's annoying.

So, I don't get it. Is the special a corssover with OP or not?

It sounds like One Piece and Dragon Ball Super are just airing special episodes back to back.

He's saying it's "as if" they were going on an adventure together.

As for rushing it, my presumption is because they probably realize the Tournament's rather boring without building up the other universes more. It gives U6 and U7 annoying Plot Armor and makes the stakes feel nonexistent when it should be the highest stakes of all. Most fans don't really care about anyone from the other universes, which means there's incentive to keep them alive as long as possible, which makes this basically seems like the Champa saga but with Jiren. It's a really poorly constructed arc.

Wish the manga would undergo a huge divergence and take its time with the Tournament buildup so the actual Tournament has more meat to it.

12 minutes ago, Pawn said:

It sounds like they're just double-length episodes, meaning we're not really getting anything extra out of this.

Certainly gives us an idea of how little time everyone else has left, at least!

Of course this could be a dupe and Jiren and Goku will trade blows then not see each other for 20 more episodes.

Honestly they probably should have gone that route. Just use the battle royale to determine who makes it to the finals. 8 fighters, one from each universe, and if they lose the final match, they are erased.

It'd also help build up each "champion" from each universe more.

What's annoying with the current setup is each team can afford to lose several people, but U7 isn't losing anybody. Yeah, Krillin, but even then it's just because he was surprised. We understand U7 are the main characters, but the way they're just mopping the floor with everyone makes this arc fall flat.

In The Walking Dead, characters can and do routinely die, so you never know for sure if they'll be getting away unscathed when they're on the business end of a gun or something. With this, I can pretty safely guess U7's fighter is going to just win.

They literally had a guy die only to bring him back, even though Roshi dying would probably have been more powerful. Which is saying something in a franchise where the dead come back at the end of the conflict.

We don't know if it will end with Goku vs Jiren. Around half of the participants are still competing and only a few really get eliminated per episode. Not to mention there are so many more battles outside of Goku and Jiren to cover. To name a few:

- Piccolo and Freeza have seen very little action (but it looks like Tien gets some next episode). The former is bound to be pitted against the U6 Namekians, while Freeza is clearly included for something bigger

- Speaking of which; Gohan has to have at least one big fight, surely

- Toppo and Dyspo are still about

- The hidden U4 fighters are still... hidden

- U2's strongest were spared a ring out to return later

- U3 has done bugger all

- Caulifla and Kale are recovering for some purpose

3 minutes ago, Lord Basil (Ogilvie) said:

Of course this could be a dupe and Jiren and Goku will trade belows then not see each other for 20 more episodes.

You may be right.