Awoo.

Dragon Ball (Warning: Untagged Spoilers)

FourCartridge

We are most probably getting some U7 fighters down.

Something has to trigger Goku's new form, especially since he's angry.

Maybe Quitela will reason that if he's going to be erased anyway, may as well vaporize a few of Goku's people so Beerus will go down with him. If Goku can just revive people that easily, may as well make sure there's nothing left to revive. Presumably both his bugs have self-destruct abilities. An excellent way to wipe out a good chunk of Team U7.

Cue scene of Quitela getting erased as he laughs madly, having lost all sanity. "See you in HellOblivion, Beerus, kukukuku- *VWOOP*"

It is possible that Jiren and Goku will start their actual fight on October 7th, while every other fighter gets their redeeming fight as it goes on for several episodes.

Basically, Goku and Jiren locked in battle, holding the balance of power in the Tournament, as each other universe does what it can.

1 minute ago, Lord Basil (Ogilvie) said:

It is possible that Jiren and Goku will start their actual fight on October 7th, while every other fighter gets their redeeming fight as it goes on for several episodes.

Basically, Goku and Jiren locked in battle, holding the balance of power in the Tournament, as each other universe does what it can.

Yeah, that makes sense.

6 minutes ago, Diamond Dragon X said:

Something has to trigger Goku's new form...

Or imagine...

[MasakoX]Oh hey! I can do a new transformation!

*Proceeds to transform*

Yay![/MasakoX]

But yeah...something big must happen to trigger a TF...

1 hour ago, Diamond Dragon X said:

I think the old Tournament style would have worked more.

1v1 fights.

Honestly I think that would of been worse and would of taken much longer. I like the battle royal style better but the problem with it is how everything is being handled. 

There's something in the interview with the producer about the special. He said the battle with Jiren with start in October, and from there, Goku and co's will work toward the climax of the arc.

It's not gonna end there, just bear with me.

we have 9 U7 fighters Gohan, who was implied to have a big role Vegeta, who still has to do something cool Tien, same as Vegeta The Androids, still needing their spotlight

Freeza is off with Frost somewhere planning something

U3 has most of their fighters around

U2 has their magical girls plus some races from U7 which was pointed out so I assume an explanation is coming

U6 has Hit, Cabba, Kale, Caulifla, and two Nameks, all with plotlines in the tournament

U4 has two hidden fighters

U11 just gave up their moral code and we have yet to see the consequences

Not only there are over 40 fighters left, but there's also over 30 minutes of the tournament left. There's something fishy with the tournament overall, like something's being hinted at. 

Meanwhile, we have ''something terrible'' that's gonna happen for Goku to unleash a new form

SOMETHING is going down, and it feels like Goku vs Jiren isn't the climax, but the halfway point.

There didn't seem to be anyone stronger than 17 and 18.

Fusion was being constantly sold as the way to beat Fat Buu. Mystic Gohan was then sold as the one to kill Super Buu

Super Saiyan God was the way to beat Lord Beerus, didn't work like that in the end.

We thought Black and Zamasu as a team up were going to be the final villains of their arc. And once they fused, we assumed Vegetto would do the trick

It's in Toriyama's writing from the very beginning, the man likes to throw curveballs

I know, but what even are they gonna do?

A Toppo and Jiren fusion?

A fighter from one of the top 4 universes appears?

Tournaments are normally up front about the big threat though (Tien, Piccolo, Hit). There's always the possibility that the final fight isn't a top tier one. Gohan could struggle against Toppo or maybe Freeza creates a more dire situation. Or imagine U7 having to count on the tyrant vs a hero like Toppo. Would Gohan feel the need to intervene if he went too far, causing in-fighting? There are a lot of ways they could stir things up.

I'd also have to call BS on the Tournament being interrupted. It's not like it's being hosted by mortals. It's being hosted by Dragon Ball's equivalent to God. Anyone who tries to interrupt it is both incredibly brave and incredibly stupid, as he can erase you from existence with just a little hand motion.

On the other hand, Zen-Oh okays whatever if it's cool, so who knows, maybe something crazy does happen and Zen-Oh's so fascinated he's like "it's allowed," and of course no one disagrees.

I'm really not sure what short of a Frieza/Frost fusion could top Jiren, though. The guy's had buildup and is clearly a powerhouse, and it'd be odd for someone from another universe to suddenly usurp him. Honestly, the only universe that could have that surprise at this point is Universe 3. We know Goku's number 1 from 7, Hit from 6, Ribrianne from 2, Jiren from 11, and Universe 4's bugs really don't look "final boss" material. And it would just be weird to have the robots from 3 somehow turn into the ultimate robot villain. Then again, hey, Cell managed to steal the Androids' spotlight all of a sudden. Maybe something very "what" will happen like Paparoni drawing all robots into a singularity that merges them, which includes the Androids. If you're allowed to seal enemies in bottles, why not yourself? As well, Universe 7 would still lose at the end, because Universe 3 still has more than two fighters, so the Androids would be erased at Tournament finish.

A lot of the flexibility of previous arcs was helped by lack of being constrained to an arena, though.

I'm enjoying this arc just fine. Last week's episode being a prime example why, showing side characters who never get the chance to shine otherwise. It's got issues but this is DBZ, I'm just looking for good entertainment, not immaculately crafted storytelling.  If it sticks the landing I'll probably end up liking it more then Goku Black's arc 

So now that we got a much better look at Goku's limit break form, with aura and everything, one thing I noticed is that

Spoiler

He has two auras, an ''external'' aura that is red, with SSG's flame aura, and an internal more ondulated blueaura, like smoke instead of fire, a lot tamer than SSJB with some of SSG effects.

External red fierce aura and internal blue tamer aura, just like Kaioken Blue.

What are the chances Goku's limit break form is him stacking all his strongest forms all at once in desperation?

1 hour ago, Ratcicle King said:

SHIDA'S IN, BOYS

THIS IS GOING TO BE GOOD.

He's one of the best animators working on Super correct?

Indeed, he did the tracking shot of Goku Black and Zamasu vs Goku and Trunks on 57, first part of Vegito vs Zamasu in 66, the Goku SSJB vs Jiren section of the new opening, and most recently, the Goku SSJB vs Golden Freeza Cross Counter.

Here's all his work on Super.

• Thumbs Up 4

They hinted at Vegeta vs Hit round 2. I want that to come to fruition. Please. Can see this happening alongside Goku and Jiren plus whoever Gohan gets to fight.

Gohan is definitely getting more action, hopefully Picollo soon - no doubt something bad will happen to him in order to have Gohan explode in rage.

They are only just having Tien do something now. 

5 hours ago, Mark1 said:

They hinted at Vegeta vs Hit round 2.

And that is no doubt where Vegeta will fall, I wager.

Unless it happens much later in the Tournament, because U6 still has many people that can be picked off still.       

Whelp, Tien is out, as predicted.

Makes me wonder if the credits theory is true, which would make Vegeta next.

One thing's for sure, it looks like next episode will be action packed. Looks like the Pride Troopers are tag teaming people to wipe them out (including one of Team Universe 3's people), Frost is leading an assault on Team Universe 7, and to top it all off, Roshi's trying the Evil Containment Wave all over again. Then on top of it, it looks like Universe 4 is getting some screentime, at least Quitela.

It's called "Revenge of F," so it'll be interesting to see if Frost makes it out or not.

And of course, such an awesome looking episode is something we have to wait an extra week for.

Current scores:

32 minutes left in the Tournament

U7: 8 fighters

U6: 8 fighters

U3: 7 fighters

U2: 6 fighters

U4: 4 fighters

U11: 3 fighters

We're 10 episodes in, which means that if the timespan holds constant, we have 20 episodes to go.

If we go by average eliminations, on the other hand, we have 8 episodes to go. So probably somewhere between. My guess would be 14, to match up with the changed endings.

Reminder that there's also a opening theory, where each character is holding a dragonball numbered after their elimination, Krillin had 1 star, Tien had 2 and Roshi had 3

Two's a coincidence, three's a pattern, so whoever gets eliminated next will determine if either theories are right or both are wrong.

• Thumbs Up 1

Another U7 fighter down, another instance of Beerus not going into a rage or petty spat or panic, and instead praising his fighter for the work he put in this time.

Really sets him apart from the other GoDs on the chopping block here.