Awoo.

Dragon Ball (Warning: Untagged Spoilers)

FourCartridge

Someone raised an interesting idea: what if Gohan going against all these fighters with insane abilities is just building him up for a fight against Hit?

Yeah, the whole promised rematch with Goku thing, but if Goku's the one who takes down Jiren, surely Gohan will get someone strong to compensate?

Though the way Goku and Hit were looking forward to a rematch just makes me think Frieza would be the one to eliminate Hit without mercy, honestly. He has no care for the Saiyans' honor, he only cares about survival with a side of amusement.

These spoilers make me wonder if Ribrianne will be eliminated by Jiren, though. That probably safely leaves U2 fairly screwed.

Still no idea what's going on with Universe 3. Like... they're a bizarro Universe 10 in that they should be obvious losers, yet they're so out of focus they keep surviving. I assume U11 will take out their blue jelly guy next episode, though.

With U4, it's obvious the balloon girl and the little blue thing are fodder, but I'm curious what their two bugs will be used for if they can self-destruct. Not to mention the fact they're still hidden on Zen-Oh's GodPad.

I mean I'm just saying that sooner or later they need to go.

This arc is U11's time to shine, not U6's.

U6 already had an arc that put them in the spotlight. Here they're the deuteragonist rather than the antagonist.

There's another, unconfirmed, preview of 107 as well:

FujiTV Summary

既に半数以上が脱落した「力の大会」。悟空たち第7宇宙を叩くべく曲者のフロストが動きだす。ターゲットは亀仙人、ベジータ。はたして勝負の行方は!?

Over half of the participants have already dropped out of the "Tournament of Power". The cunning Frost makes a move to strike against Gokuu and the rest of Universe 7. He targets Turtle Hermit and Vegeta. The result of this battle is...?!

Translation: @sailorspazz
Source: FujiTV

I'm slightly worried about Vegeta, considering that he's not mentioned in any other preview, but then again very few characters are.

7 hours ago, Diamond Dragon X said:

Jiren's*

U11 only has 3 members left.

Well of course, they had to create some dramatic tension because they aren't doing it for the main cast any. The solution was to make U11 look like they'll be easy pickings, when it's more likely Jiren, Toppo, and Dyspo will be a superpowered Trio de Dangers that just drop a nuke on everybody.

But yeah, while Jiren's the top dog, it's not fair to count out at least Dyspo and Toppo. They're the top three of their universe, much like how Goku, Frieza, and Vegeta are the tops of theirs.

4 hours ago, Pawn said:

There's another, unconfirmed, preview of 107 as well:

I'm slightly worried about Vegeta, considering that he's not mentioned in any other preview, but then again very few characters are.

It's possible he'll survive the match but go out of focus for a few episodes if nothing else.

Even if it would be shocking to knock him out for anyone who doesn't subscribe to the credits theories, given he's one of the powerhouses of that team.

It would be more refreshing than knocking fighters out in ascending order of power, though, so as to avoid being too predictable.

And given the tension between Goku and Frieza, my guess is that makes Vegeta the expendable one. Turns out becoming a good guy sucks for one's Plot Armor, I guess.

According to Reddit, one of the writers tried to hide the fact that Vegeta is targeted by Frost next episode, not realising that one of the previews already mentioned him...

• Thumbs Up 1

Why do I have a sneaking suspicion Vegeta will underestimate Frost, and be eliminated by a sudden surprise power up?

It would be consistent with the running trend that even a powerful character can be beaten by a weaker one if they haven't fully powered up yet...

It doesn't appear to be the case after all:

vYewgHD.jpg

Animedia had a text-covered version of the key visual for the OP & Super specials. Herms hasn't translated this yet, but /u/sailorspazz confirmed it says that as of ep 109 (the first half of the special), 32 fighters remain (4 less than at the end of 106), and that both U7 and U6 have 8 fighters remaining. It's not clear whether that number includes the 2 invisible fighters in U4, because in the next sentence, Beerus is starting to question the odd number of participants for U4.

It's a shame to have that spoiled, as this confirms Frost fails after all. There is speculation from some of the fandom that Vegeta is injured rather than eliminated, but there's no evidence to suggest this.

Do they mean literally odd or just strange odd?

Because that changes a lot.

I wouldn't be surprised to see one of U4's two obvious fodders knocked out, though. U4's game is basically up, we're just waiting to see what their self-destructing bugs get used for.

So we can assume Jimeze will be knocked out, I think, and it's really just a question of who the other 3 are. Probably Universe 3's goo guy, based on how U11 was tag teaming him in 107's preview.

It does feel rather lame to find out that there's no losses on either U6 or U7's side, though. Again. Tension problem. This is why it's there.

Even when U7 loses a fighter, they find a way to go out with pride or otherwise had a good showing. There's zero reason to despair for them.

Jiren is supposed to start fighting in 109 so maybe we will see a lot of people losing soon.

Also, the special is two episodes. I would've liked a bigger episode.

Apparently, Goku is gonna use Super Saiyan Blue Kaio-Ken x20 against Jiren and it won't work against him.

TIMES 20.

• Thumbs Up 1

The Spirit Bomb is an odd move to use, unless U7 (and maybe some of U6) contribute a significant amount of energy. Don't they need that for their own fights? =P

And they can't really fight while they do it, so it's pretty useless.

But still.

SUPER SAIYAN KAIOKEN X20 ISN'T ENOUGH FOR JIREN?! 

Goku breaks out a Kaio-ken x20 and it doesn't work, then busts out the Spirit Bomb and still doesn't look to work, and then pulls out a clutch new transformation to turn things around.

Wonder what Freeza thinks of that.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 1

13 minutes ago, -Robin- said:

Goku breaks out a Kaio-ken x20 and it doesn't work, then busts out the Spirit Bomb and still doesn't look to work, and then pulls out a clutch new transformation to turn things around.

Wonder what Freeza thinks of that.

And the guy is a white and bald alien.

• Chuckle 1

Does this mean Jiren will come back as a cyborg and then with a Silver transformation to mirror Goku's?

• Chuckle 1

A small thing people have been guessing from the op, and with the jump to KKx20 doing nothing against Jiren, I kinda feel like it's a possibility

The full version of Limit Breaker X Survivor has a section that kinda translates into

''Are you serious?

100 times?

The ultimate survivor!''

So considering Kaioken x20 had no effect, and Goku will be pushed to his absolute limit...

Kaioken x100?

12 minutes ago, Ratcicle King said:

A small thing people have been guessing from the op, and with the jump to KKx20 doing nothing against Jiren, I kinda feel like it's a possibility

The full version of Limit Breaker X Survivor has a section that kinda translates into

''Are you serious?

100 times?

The ultimate survivor!''

So considering Kaioken x20 had no effect, and Goku will be pushed to his absolute limit...

Kaioken x100?

No way. His body would break in a second. SSB Kaio-Ken x10 already was dangerous for him.

As cool as Kaio-Ken x100 sounds, it's impossilbe right now. Nearly impossible of it's without SSB.

Goku said SSB Kaioken x10 had a 90% chance to break his body.

I'm guessing with existence itself on the line, he has zero reason to hold back.

And of course, by the power of drama, he'll hit the one in a one in a million chance of not dying from it.

I actually wonder about something.

The preview mentions Kaio-Ken x20. It doesn't say SSB Kaio-Ken x20. 

Goku can use Kaio-Ken x20 in that case without risking it too much.

Kaio-Ken x100 may be possible then and might actually happen becaused I talked about it with @Ratcicle King and the intro shows Goku having a huge red aura before he goes back to base. That may be Kaio-Ken x100.