Awoo.

Dragon Ball (Warning: Untagged Spoilers)

FourCartridge

There's no point in going regular Kaio-Ken x 100. That's equal to the power of Super Saiyan 2 but with monumentally greater strain.

My money's on Goku actually absorbing the power of the Genki Dama he creates and accessing this transformation via that. With the Broly movie rendered non-canon, that means Super Android 13 is non-canon as well, and consequentially so is that movie's "Spirit Saiyan", so such a feat is something technically never done before. 

That Goku's giving off color highlights similar to the Genki Dama - white, silver, with some hints of blue - helps support the idea.

14 minutes ago, -Robin- said:

There's no point in going regular Kaio-Ken x 100. That's equal to the power of Super Saiyan 2 but with monumentally greater strain.

My money's on Goku actually absorbing the power of the Genki Dama he creates and accessing this transformation via that. With the Broly movie rendered non-canon, that means Super Android 13 is non-canon as well, and consequentially so is that movie's "Spirit Saiyan", so such a feat is something technically never done before. 

That Goku's giving off color highlights similar to the Genki Dama - white, silver, with some hints of blue - helps support the idea.

"Spirit Saiyan" is actually a cool name.

5 hours ago, -Robin- said:

I think it's been safe to say for a long time that all the movies prior to Battle of Gods are non-canon.

More details of the upcoming episodes are pouring in:

That's quite a spoiler from 107, lol. 108 is also interesting, as it could mean Freeza is going to double-cross Frost (as it's unlikely that Gohan will go out any time soon and Freeza would be destroyed by Beerus for such a betrayal).

2 hours ago, Diamond Dragon X said:

How is he gonna even do it? Mirrors?

Well, Piccolo managed to reverse it and trap Kami with it during Dragon Ball. So maybe Frost will find a way to deviate it's course

I was actually thinking that Frost would try to redirect the Mafuba, given we've seen it done before and Frost is seen as smarter, if weaker, than Frieza.

108's plot looks even more interesting, though. My money's on Zen-Oh saying that it's a-okay to attack your own teammates, given the only thing that matters is what team you're from and who is the last one standing. Given the Super Balls can grant only one wish, on that subject, it makes sense to off your own teammates as the match goes on.

While Beerus would no doubt try to destroy Frieza afterward, he's likely to be prevented from doing so until the Tournament's over.

Which creates an opportunity for Frieza to get the Super Balls first, and probably wish himself more powerful than any God besides Zen-Oh. He's most likely convinced himself there's no need for the Earth's Balls if he can get the Super Balls, though it's possible he doesn't know how much more powerful the Super Balls are. He's also more than powerful enough to go through with such a plan, as he's on par with Goku and Goku's likely to exhaust himself fighting Jiren.

This is why Frieza's been saving his strength: he presumably knows Goku and Jiren are the only real challenges to his power, and he'll let them exhaust each other, allowing him to be the last man standing and thus the one who gets the wish.

I know I'm supposed to be listening to Cabba, but wow... I used to be ok with switching between Sabat's and Drummond's Vegeta (back when Cartoon Network couldn't make up its mind which dub to air here), but man does the former sound off to me after experiencing the Japanese version. That probably sounds crazy for American fans who have heard Sabat as Vegeta for the most part.

On the other hand, after going back to Brian Drummond's Vegeta just now, I can still say his is one of my favourite performances in animation. I love him in a lot of things.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Pawn said:

I know I'm supposed to be listening to Cabba, but wow... I used to be ok with switching between Sabat's and Drummond's Vegeta (back when Cartoon Network couldn't make up its mind which dub to air here), but man does the former sound off to me after experiencing the Japanese version. That probably sounds crazy for American fans who have heard Sabat as Vegeta for the most part.

On the other hand, after going back to Brian Drummond's Vegeta just now, I can still say his is one of my favourite performances in animation. I love him in a lot of things.

As someone who didn't grow up with the english dub, I can say the japanese version is superior.

The VA's are good, but don't really fit.

Blurry preview image for 108:

DJwUKG-UQAA0AP0.jpg

The two together against a dreary backdrop makes this feel like sci-fi horror, ha. Where's Jiren when you need him..

EDIT: Aaaaaaand now for 107's:

puOpnq3.jpg

faluzpK.jpg

GOtI6t2.jpg

j4FqSZP.jpg

I really like that second shot.

5 minutes ago, Diamond Dragon X said:

I know this isn't DB Super related but FighterZ introduced a new character. Android 21:

DJ2IcwyX0Ac80DM?format=jpg

I'm guessing she'll be story only and nonplayable<_<

1 hour ago, CD Sanic said:

1 hour ago, Diamond Dragon X said:

Sadly, you are most probably right.

Uh...she's playable character guys lol.

33 minutes ago, Ratcicle King said:

Poor Trunks

Vegeta will never let him live this down will he.

Android #21: Hi, I'm Android 21.

Vegeta looks at Trunks:

Vegeta: Youuuuu....

So how long do you think it's gonna take before No. 21 get's rule 34'd? I'm surprised it hasn't happened yet. That bedhead is a 10/10.

Fun episode all around. Good to see that while Dyspo falls into traps, he's still able to make swift recoveries through use of distraction.

The way U3's fighter got blown away like it was nothing was pretty grand. I think that's foreshadowing that U3's probably gonna see a ton of fighters knocked out at once.

We also finally have confirmation of Frieza and Frost teaming up during the Tournament, though the ending looks like Frost is going to try and sneak attack Frieza.

We all know that's probably just going to cause Frieza to knock him out, though. It would be a good way to compensate for anyone on U7 Frieza takes out, right?

15 hours ago, CD Sanic said:

The largest takeaway from Android #21 is that she is Toriyama designed. She will remain canon in some form or another and will not be replaced later with a different #21. It's probably likely that she will get some air time in DBS around or just after the game release.

26 minutes ago, Chris said:

The largest takeaway from Android #21 is that she is Toriyama designed. She will remain canon in some form or another and will not be replaced later with a different #21. It's probably likely that she will get some air time in DBS around or just after the game release.

Towa and Mira from Online(2010) and Xemoverse(2015) are both designed by Toryiama yet they didn't appear anywhere in the series.

18 minutes ago, Diamond Dragon X said:

Towa and Mira from Online(2010) and Xemoverse(2015) are both designed by Toryiama yet they didn't appear anywhere in the series.

They're also not core characters to any progression (Demon World is a side story that was mentioned in passing in Z; Supreme Kai of Time wasn't mentioned at all). The numbered creations of Gero are a significantly developed part of the canon - as such, Toriyama isn't likely to create another character with the same number.

At the current pace of progression, this saga (and post filler) will likely end near enough to the game release that her inclusion would line up. Each Dragon Ball series has had an Android or Red Ribbon related saga thus far.