Awoo.

Dragon Ball (Warning: Untagged Spoilers)

FourCartridge

Wait, so Goku goes SSJ3 off the bat? If that's the case, how the fuck is he able to fight this guy as the base SSJ level?

I'm thinking by the time that happens Goku is worn and can only go SS1. remember that even with a living body SS3 can be a taxing form and can drain power fast.

Well shit guys. Preview screening for Battle of Gods was 7 hours ago. Forum member kei17 over at Kanzenshuu was able to attend. Some significant plot spoilers:

toei-bogdan-1-300x168.png

Kanzenshuu thread from the page where the spoilers begin, if anyone's interested.

So basically...

Super Saiyan God = Kioken x1,000,000,000,000,000

Let that sink in.

6 pure-hearted Saiyans, huh? With Pan being noted as the 6th, I guess that means Pan is older than Bra, which is kinda interesting.

It's really cute how the movie manages to include her in this. I really like it.

I hope the Bills' specificity on the number of universes means that sequel movies are on the way. What a way to keep the Dragonball series alive

Who would have thought Gohan's one night stand with Videl would indirectly save the universe.

And holy fuck, Goku lost....as in, completely straight up loses.....WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTT

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah, wasn't kidding:

Well here's kei17's sketch of it.

Nl2xzv5.jpg

Basically, yes Kaioken.

First off, w00t! Kaioken means something again...sort of.

Second, its good that Goku lost. its a real break from the norm thats for sure.

Holy fuck Yes I want to try this!! Edited by goku262002

This was in one of the Chozenshuus

http://i.imgur.com/XQHAYBM.jpg

The "And More!!" caption may imply that more DB media may be on the way in the future. Guess Toei wants to see the reaction to the movie first.

Edited by Joshua
  • Thumbs Up 3

Well Toei is trying to revitalized some of its old franchises like Saint Seiya and Sailor Moon so it's no surprise they might start to do the same thing with Dragon Ball and start it with a movie. Reading the spoilers makes me want to see the movie more.

Wait. All the images I've seen in this topic are of Goku with an aura around him. But when you google SSJG, you get Goku in what looks like a SSJ4 state but gold...er yellow. Am I missing something?

Wait. All the images I've seen in this topic are of Goku with an aura around him. But when you google SSJG, you get Goku in what looks like a SSJ4 state but gold...er yellow. Am I missing something?

Super Saiyan 5!!!!!!!!!111!!!

But I doubt SSJG would look like that.

Gold SSJ4 images cropped up everywhere as soon as there was news that Super Saiya-jin God was a thing, and that news occurred a month ago. There's going to be a lot more images of that than of fan-images of the actual SSJG, which was just shown a few days ago in pre-screenings of the movie.

This is the REAL super saiyan god people:

Super Saiyan God:

godha.png04GL3qO.jpg

I don't think it looks too much like Kaioken. Also, it apparently makes his body thinner, which Roshi comments on in the movie.

Whoa the hair and eyes, gettin some serious SS4 vibes off of it.

I was hoping it'd look more like the original SSJ look Goku had when he first transformed when fighting Frieza. I'm not really getting "this is the ultimate form told of in legends that is the peak of the Saiyan race bla bla bla" vibes from this.

The more I see of this movie, the more I feel like I've just outgrown Dragon Ball. I'll probably still watch it for nostalgia's sake, but I'm finding it hard to get excited when it just seems like the same Dragon Ball formula we've been getting for decades now.

• Thumbs Up 1

Haha, Toriyama really needs to stick to one color for Bulma's hair. Blue, purple, purple, purple, purple, now blue again... Haha. Even Trunks has it now. At least he's still going with blue for Kaio's color; it's much better than the white he originally was.

Kuririn is looking very spiffy, yes!

Edited by MugiMikey

Well.  They get points for trying I guess.

It was an entertaining "wreck everyone's shit" fight though, just because of the chopsticks.

Buu getting Vegeta'd in lieu of Vegeta himself is pretty funny. 

The fight animation looks good at least. I'll probably watch it just for the sake of more DBZ, and the fact I'm morbidly curious about the new form 

• Thumbs Up 3

Jesus, Jobbing is nothing new in DBZ, but this guy makes it look like an art form. Motherfucker used chopsticks.

Well...at the very least they get an A for effort, trying and failing is better than just standing there calling every attack being used.

• Thumbs Up 3

I don't like the animation. It actually looks inferior to the 90's animation. Just the look and aesthetic of it. I also don't like how they changed Bulma's body to look more like a really skinny teenager. Same with 18.