Awoo.

Dragon Ball (Warning: Untagged Spoilers)

FourCartridge

8 minutes ago, Chris said:

They're also not core characters to any progression (Demon World is a side story that was mentioned in passing in Z; Supreme Kai of Time wasn't mentioned at all). The numbered creations of Gero are a significantly developed part of the canon - as such, Toriyama isn't likely to create another character with the same number.

At the current pace of progression, this saga (and post filler) will likely end near enough to the game release that her inclusion would line up. Each Dragon Ball series has had an Android or Red Ribbon related saga thus far.

You may be right.

They mention that her intellect rivals Gero's.

Toriyama designed the Time Breakers for Xenoverse/DBO, but Online took place way down the line (to the point most of the cast is either significantly aged or just plain dead and replaced by a new generation) and fell into disuse before having its assets carved out for Heroes and Xenoverse, both of which are heavily based on the Z anime, not the manga (which Online was based on as is Super) and have a bit of their own spin. I think #21 has a better chance of becoming part of the main canon than Towa and the others, and certainly a significantly higher chance than the movie characters from the 90s. Anything Toriyama has a direct hand in now is likely meant to fit into the manga storyline in some fashion compared to when he did designs for Coola or Broly in-between his weekly manga schedule (Bardock was a big exception).

I'm struggling to think of a scenario for her unless Gero happened to have another bunker or she was part of the system monitoring Cell or something crazy like that.

Well...there goes the ending elimination theory and Magetta's self-esteem. U6 already lost it's 2 tanks.

Also, when I saw Dyspo trapped by Maji Kayo, for a moment I though I was watching a furry fanfic. Also, dat Jiren strengh though....

Recap:

U7/U6 - 7 fighters

U2/U3 - 6

U4 - 4

U11 - 3

Beerus has finally freaked out about the fact U4 has two hidden warriors, so I guess we'll see them in action soon enough.

That said, Whis lampshaded the fact U4 probably intends to use them at a pivotal moment. Since they can self-destruct and the established lore has it that a self-destruct attack is much more powerful than what you can achieve normally (remember how Perfect Cell was scared of 16's bomb even though he had no trouble dominating 16 normally), it just might be the "nuke" that takes a chunk out of U6 or U7.

Presumably, U7's team will get a few moments of glory before that happens, though.

30 minutes left and 33 fighters left. With 11 episodes so far, that means we're exhausting 1.63 minutes and 4.27 fighters per episode. That brings us between 18 and 8 episodes. 13 is the average there, and that lines this up perfectly with the last episode of the next ending theme.

2 hours ago, Ice Vec said:

Well...there goes the ending elimination theory and Magetta's self-esteem. U6 already lost it's 2 tanks.

They haven't lost any Saiyans, they'll be fine.

At least until Jiren turns everyone into bowling pins.

1 minute ago, Diamond Dragon X said:

Wasn't it said that both universes would still have 8 fighters by the special?

Makes me wonder if they misled us on purpose.

Unless they meant the History of Japan special, in which case they weren't lying, as this episode hadn't aired yet. :P

Yeah, they lied. I'm glad they did too, as it actually meant I was surprised for a change. It looks like Frost is looking to double-cross Freeza and I imagine U7's tyrant is planning the same. Freeza could well eliminate Frost next episode.

• Thumbs Up 1

That would make more sense.

This epusode shows my theory was wrong, but the intro one can still work.

What was the order there?

Piccolo - 4

17 - 5

18 - 6

Frieza - 7

It would be very refreshing if Frieza and Frost managed to knock out Gohan, though. Yes, Saiyans get a great degree of Plot Armor, but Gohan's out of practice so that should make him easier pickings. Plus, if Gohan and Frost both go out in one episode, it's consistent with the pattern: U6 and U7 can only lose a fighter after the other has. Plus, Frieza can always lampshade it: sure, he took out Gohan, but he also took out Frost... 

Frieza could even say his betrayal wasn't an actual betrayal, he just wanted to lure Frost into a false sense of security so he could get close and eliminate him; after all, Frost almost managed to ring out Vegeta if not for Roshi's quick thinking. He's dangerous in that regard.

Based on Piccolo's saving of Gohan's ass against the sniper, though, I can only assume he'll end up taking the fall to save Gohan.

We're assuming that Piccolo will get a round of glory against the other two Namekians, so it would be shocking in that regard to lose Piccolo before he even gets a chance to meet them.

I mean, 17's done pretty good in that regard I think.

It's 18 who needs a moment to her own. She almost got ringed out by someone from the twin of Universe 9.

Fortunately, Krillin's the only fighter with the reasoning skills to realize that while you can't fly, you can use energy attacks as a means to propel yourself back on the stage.

Gohan's too important to go so early. I'm expecting the point of the episode to be Freeza giving Frost a taste of his own medicine. After all, openly betraying U7 would likely just get him destroyed by Beerus.

I hope they will have the spotlight before they are knocked off the stage, unlike Tien.

Tien was done really bad here.

He barely did anything. Krillin was a little better, but still pretty useless.

Roshi was the only one who lost who actually did something important. He knocked out 3 people, managed to survive an attack which can kill you 3 times and helped Vegeta. 

This arc actually made me like Roshi a lot more.

I can see why Krillin was thrown out near the begininng. Eliminating a popular character so quickly helped to illustrate how dangerous the tournament is. And either way, he managed to rescue 18, a more powerful member of the team. Tien, on the other hand, hasn't really been given much screen time since his introductory saga in the original Dragon Ball.

The androids have actually seen a good bit of action so far. While 18's not had a great deal of focus in any one episode, she has managed to ring out more enemies than most. I wonder if they'll end up facing U3's robots as their final showdown before someone like Toppo defeats them.

To be honest, if Gohan were to be ringed out, I see it as only amping up the problem that's been lurking with him throughout Super. The reason why so many people had gotten annoyed with Gohan was because the single most important character throughout Z had pretty much been relegated to Butt Monkey status of the Saiyans. While I like how Gohan was a lot more concerned for caring for his family now, and wanted to in general live peacefully with them, for fans of the character, the guy's seriously been screwed over in Super with the only real spotlight moment for him before the Tourney of Power being that weird episode with the asshole actor who finds out about him being Great Saiyaman and trying to make Videl hate Gohan.

Giving Gohan his Potential Awakened form and even better, implying that he can take the form and use it to break through his own limits was an great move to try and bring the character back up to level while still keeping his lessons from after Z like being less arrogant and cocky. He's moved on from using his power and strength from payback to protection of his family, and I feel Gohan should be given a true chance to shine here. Having him be once again screwed over again to serve as just ring-out fuel for Frieza and Frost and to piss Goku off more would honestly feel pretty damn annoying IMO. It's a tricky issue honestly, because with how Toriyama has written Super thus far to only talk constantly about how Goku and at times, Vegeta are the only real useful fighters for Earth now, it means pretty much all characters need a chance to shine above Goku now and that makes it even more tricky to figure out who should or shouldn't be ringed out due to not having spotlight and in general, having been side-lined a lot throughout Super's run.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well shit, @Lord Basil (Ogilvie) might be correct after all!

Manga spoilers and possible BIG Super anime spoilers

Spoiler

It seems like the new chapter reveals Quitela was the God of Destruction who defeated Beerus on an arm wrestling match.

Reminder, as Whis said earlier, there's a GoD who was stronger than Beerus(who later said he was only defeated on an arm wrestling match), and that said GoD had a mortal in their universe who was stronger than them.

This means someone from U4 is stronger than Quitela. Which means either

A- Whis was fucking around with everyone, and Quitela is actually pretty weak, so it doesn't actually mean much to have a mortal stronger than him

or 

B- Jiren is a red herring and someone of U4 will be the real challenge.

• Thumbs Up 1

My greatest disappointment in that idea is none of the U4 fighters that are left look cool.

I would have enormously preferred Majora or something. He strikes me as someone who could have easily been molded into a furry Frieza, given his elegance and how quickly it devolves into violence when angered.

Instead, he was defeated by a damn shoe.

• Chuckle 1

Just read the raw Japanese of the new manga chapter. While I don't understand Japanese I could infer a few things that were going on.

Comically, Universe 8 arrives late to the meeting of Gods, with Liquiir and Iru being conspicuously missing at the gathering.

There's a battle royale between the 12 Gods; Quitela looks to swiftly convince everyone to gang up on Beerus, presumably blaming him for the Tournament or something.

At first Beerus is having difficulty, and gets grabbed by Mosco. He's able to break free and seems to fly off...

As the other Gods chase down Beerus, they discover... it's actually Champa, having been sent flying unconscious by Beerus. The actual Beerus rolls out from underneath Mosco's body and fires a gigantic energy blast at all of them.

Sidra ends up blocking the blast, however, bragging that his shield generation abilities are second to none. ...cue Belmod knocking him out from behind while his guard is down. It's still a battle royale after all!

The God of Destruction of Universe 9 is therefore the first one to be eliminated.

2Tnzu3s.png

Also, it appears Quitela is a gamer.

1 minute ago, Lord Basil (Ogilvie) said:

Just read the raw Japanese of the new manga chapter. While I don't understand Japanese I could infer a few things that were going on.

Comically, Universe 8 arrives late to the meeting of Gods, with Liquiir and Iru being conspicuously missing at the gathering.

There's a battle royale between the 12 Gods; Quitela looks to swiftly convince everyone to gang up on Beerus, presumably blaming him for the Tournament or something.

At first Beerus is having difficulty, and gets grabbed by Mosco. He's able to break free and seems to fly off...

As the other Gods chase down Beerus, they discover... it's actually Champa, having been sent flying unconscious by Beerus. The actual Beerus rolls out from underneath Mosco's body and fires a gigantic energy blast at all of them.

Sidra ends up blocking the blast, however, bragging that his shield generation abilities are second to none. ...cue Belmod knocking him out from behind while his guard is down. It's still a battle royale after all!

The God of Destruction of Universe 9 is therefore the first one to be eliminated.

So instead of the Zen Exhibition Match we get a battle royal between Beerus, Champa and the others?

3 minutes ago, Diamond Dragon X said:

So instead of the Zen Exhibition Match we get a battle royal between Beerus, Champa and the others?

It looks like it!

Looks like it'll be a multi-parter too (as thus far, we've only lost Sidra out of all 12). This match will probably finish up long after the actual Tournament in the anime does, hahaha.

God, I can't imagine how long it will take to do the Tournament in the manga at their pacing.

It'll also be curious to see how this might impact the actual Tournament. My presumption is Universe 9 would last a little longer (or at least perform better) now that Lavender's poison trump card hasn't been revealed. Of course, it all boils down to how Quitela manipulates them, or if he manipulates someone else.

12 hours ago, Ratcicle King said:

Well shit, @Lord Basil (Ogilvie) might be correct after all!

Manga spoilers and possible BIG Super anime spoilers

Hide contents

It seems like the new chapter reveals Quitela was the God of Destruction who defeated Beerus on an arm wrestling match.

Reminder, as Whis said earlier, there's a GoD who was stronger than Beerus(who later said he was only defeated on an arm wrestling match), and that said GoD had a mortal in their universe who was stronger than them.

This means someone from U4 is stronger than Quitela. Which means either

A- Whis was fucking around with everyone, and Quitela is actually pretty weak, so it doesn't actually mean much to have a mortal stronger than him

or 

B- Jiren is a red herring and someone of U4 will be the real challenge.

A is more likely I think, given how U4 operates. Either that or the mysterious mortal isn't in the tournament, because their remaining combatants look way too much like fodder (and two are likely to self-destruct). Speaking of the roster:

MJip8zw.png

This is Shlam16 of Reddit's slick ToP chart. The amount of eliminations U7 has over everyone else is pretty crazy at this point. Of course, it could be argued that other universes are letting U7 waste its energy on ringing out opponenets while they conserve their energy, but.... probably not.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Pawn said:

The amount of eliminations U7 has over everyone else is pretty crazy at this point. Of course, it could be argued that other universes are letting U7 waste its energy on ringing out opponenets while they conserve their energy, but.... probably not.

Just Plot Armor doing its job. They're the characters most of the fanbase cares about, so they're able to mop the floor, at least until they've had a moment of glory and it'd be okay to pick them off.

No doubt the reason they wiped out most of U11 is so the remaining members can get some development during the Tournament, so we have a reason for this Tournament to be more than U6 vs. U7.

Waiiiit a minute.

Sidra and Roh seem a bit off.

Roh seems to dislike the idea of planets being destroyed, a sharp contrast to his Social Darwinist personality. And while Sidra certainly dislikes destroying, he still does thorough calculations to pick the right ones to do it to - this is Arack's trait in the anime, as he only destroys after serious contemplation (and is why Universe 5 is among the top four).

Are they gonna surprise us with Universe 9's ranking? Sidra and Roh seem to be lacking their glaring flaws from the anime.

By contrast, Belmod seems... more malicious than in the anime. He's fairly self-righteous and confident in the Pride Troopers, but he doesn't really come off as evil or even a jerk. In this chapter, though...

Curious to see where this goes. I of course wouldn't mind if they switched things between U11 and U9.

• Thumbs Up 1