Awoo.

Dragon Ball (Warning: Untagged Spoilers)

FourCartridge

41 minutes ago, Lord Basil (Ogilvie) said:

Waiiiit a minute.

Sidra and Roh seem a bit off.

Roh seems to dislike the idea of planets being destroyed, a sharp contrast to his Social Darwinist personality. And while Sidra certainly dislikes destroying, he still does thorough calculations to pick the right ones to do it to - this is Arack's trait in the anime, as he only destroys after serious contemplation (and is why Universe 5 is among the top four).

Are they gonna surprise us with Universe 9's ranking? Sidra and Roh seem to be lacking 

By contrast, Belmod seems... more malicious than in the anime. He's fairly self-righteous and confident in the Pride Troopers, but he doesn't really come off as evil or even a jerk. In this chapter, though...

Curious to see where this goes. I of course wouldn't mind if they switched things between U11 and U9.

Toppo's presence at the exhibition match indicates that there won't be any major shake-ups in terms of rivals. The Pride Troopers are definitely going to get top billing and Quitela's still got it out for Beerus. As far as Belmod is concerned, I think he was well within his rights to take action against those mortals given that one pulled a knife on Marcarita. It's more reason than Beerus needs to destroy a planet.

Oh and one thing I didn't mention before is that I'm glad to see Zamasu brought up by Rumshii. Him being pissed at Gowasu for involving Beerus instead of him and fearing the wrath of Zeno was funny.

57 minutes ago, Pawn said:

Toppo's presence at the exhibition match indicates that there won't be any major shake-ups in terms of rivals. The Pride Troopers are definitely going to get top billing

Or Belmod is retiring and so has him with him. Toppo can still be one of the more powerful fighters, but that doesn't mean anything in the grand scheme of things other than he's among the strongest of Universe 11. The same exact position the Trio had for 9, the lot of good it did them.

Either way, Universe 9's prospects should certainly be better in the Tournament with all factors considered.

If they don't have better prospects, I'm sorry, but I have to accuse the manga of bad writing. A lot of U9's weaknesses in the anime stemmed from their Gods and the Exhibition match. It seems illogical for them to still be at the bottom given the different setup. Sidra and Roh aren't dragging the universe through the mud, so their fighters should be stronger. Lavender's poison hasn't been revealed in the Exhibition Match, so no one can prepare for it. Universe 9 hasn't been humiliated by Universe 7, so there's little reason for Universe 9 to target Universe 7 first, never mind it gives less wiggle room for Quitela to manipulate them.

As far as Belmod is concerned, I think he was well within his rights to take action against those mortals given that one pulled a knife on Marcarita. It's more reason than Beerus needs to destroy a planet.

Frankly, given that knife wouldn't do a thing, it seems excessive, on par with when Sidra vaporized that city and all the innocent people in it. He didn't just kill them; he erased them. Let's compare here: Beerus didn't summarily execute Bulma for slapping him, he just slapped her back. And Beerus is pretty arbitrary.

Even Marcarita mentions the girl was innocent; she probably didn't register exactly who or what Marcarita is. So much for Belmod being the paragon of justice. Then the cheap method of knocking out Sidra (a stark contrast to the Pride Troopers' fixation on honor). Then the interest in being at the top that almost sounds like Roh's interest in a prize in the anime. Or how he wants to destroy a planet that's just having a good time and giving him everything he wants (sounds suspiciously like Beerus, which means he has no right being at the top). The list goes on. He's far more malicious in this strip than he is in the anime.

It almost feels like they're directly evoking how everyone assumed Belmod would be an evil God based on the fact he's a clown.

He said he was going to destroy their planet anyway, so taking out one inhabitant right there and then doesn't make much of a difference. I imagine most, if not all, GoDs can be pretty strict on how they're treated. This may even show that he cares about Marcarita being insulted. Either way, we've not seen much of Belmod at all in the anime. He's gloated about Kahseral conquering several planets but not said much else. Maybe he can just be a dick.

As for Roh and Sidra, it's hard to say based on the small amount we've seen of them. Sidra did take some time to deliberate over destruction and Roh wasn't a complete irredeemable bastard in the anime (at least when he objected to recruiting Freeza). Still, the tournament fights themselves will likely differ, so maybe some of U9 will fair a bit better. They could fight someone other than Goku and Vegeta, for a start..

18 minutes ago, Pawn said:

He said he was going to destroy their planet anyway, so taking out one inhabitant right there and then doesn't make much of a difference. I imagine most, if not all, GoDs can be pretty strict on how they're treated.

That indicates a severe personality shift, though. Belmod in the anime doesn't seem to destroy planets all that much, just evil. If he's destroying planets for annoyances, he's more like Beerus than a god of justice.

This may even show that he cares about Marcarita being insulted.

Considering it seems the others aren't aware of exactly who Marcarita is... that seems... rather BS on his part?

I have no doubt if she was introduced as his Angel attendant, she'd be getting a lot more respect. It'd make perfect sense for her to "barge in" if she's an attendant, since that's part of the job.

Either way, we've not seen much of Belmod at all in the anime. He's gloated about Kahseral conquering several planets but not said much else.

We can infer from his support for the Pride Troopers that his personality's similar to theirs, as they are his agents of destruction. He also has an enormous dislike of evil.

Given the woman threatened to kill Marcarita (that indicates murderous intent, even if she couldn't carry it out), his response might make sense, but the statement the whole planet was going to be destroyed beforehand is eyebrow raising.

As for Roh and Sidra, it's hard to say based on the small amount we've seen of them. Sidra did take some time to deliberate over destruction and Roh wasn't a complete irredeemable bastard in the anime (at least when he objected to recruiting Freeza).

Roh's objection to Frieza was that he'd probably just destroy everything. It was too far even by his standards. Planets that are performing poorly being wiped out seems very consistent with anime Roh's belief that there's no room for weakness in Universe 9.

On Sidra, his deliberation is more intriguing because he says it in the context of avoiding "another mistake," which indicates he may not be much better than his anime counterpart after all (though he certainly seems way ahead in terms of having a method to decide destruction rather than being timid on the subject). However, we don't know exactly when his last mistake was. It could have been a year ago, it could have been thousands of years ago.

Ultimately, it's the God of Destruction that really decides the fate of the universe. All a Kai does is create and then take a backseat. It's the Gods of Destruction who actively make a difference, which no doubt explains why they are far more powerful.

4 hours ago, Lord Basil (Ogilvie) said:

Waiiiit a minute.

Sidra and Roh seem a bit off.

Roh seems to dislike the idea of planets being destroyed, a sharp contrast to his Social Darwinist personality. And while Sidra certainly dislikes destroying, he still does thorough calculations to pick the right ones to do it to - this is Arack's trait in the anime, as he only destroys after serious contemplation (and is why Universe 5 is among the top four).

Are they gonna surprise us with Universe 9's ranking? Sidra and Roh seem to be lacking their glaring flaws from the anime.

By contrast, Belmod seems... more malicious than in the anime. He's fairly self-righteous and confident in the Pride Troopers, but he doesn't really come off as evil or even a jerk. In this chapter, though...

Curious to see where this goes. I of course wouldn't mind if they switched things between U11 and U9.

I think it was implying something different, Sidra's main problem is being indecisive when it comes to destruction, and it shows here, he's on a basically ruined planet and still trying to decide if he should destroy it or no, with Roh butting in on his job, which was said to be his problem, and even AFTER reaching a(pretty obvious) conclusion, Sidra decides to redo the calculations just to be sure.

It's not contemplation, it's him going back and forth on his decisions.

More stuff

Weird, they say ''brand new technique'' and his body is unleashing never seen before ki, but the other previews imply he's using Spirit Bomb, is he making Spirit Saiyan canon?

Also focus on his eyes... Uh, Silver dragon eyes? Super Dragon Fist?

14 hours ago, Ratcicle King said:

I think it was implying something different, Sidra's main problem is being indecisive when it comes to destruction, and it shows here, he's on a basically ruined planet and still trying to decide if he should destroy it or no, with Roh butting in on his job, which was said to be his problem, and even AFTER reaching a(pretty obvious) conclusion, Sidra decides to redo the calculations just to be sure.

It's not contemplation, it's him going back and forth on his decisions.

It seems to be that it's being thorough more than anything.

The fact Sidra talks about making mistakes leads me to think that maybe he was overeager originally, but has since course corrected and actually has a formula to determine which planets should be destroyed.

Granted, how much impact that has in the long run really depends on when that mistake was. If it was just a few years ago, Universe 9 is probably at the bottom or close to it.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if U10 goes first this time around, though, as U9 lacks some of the disadvantages it had going into the Tournament.

38 minutes ago, Ratcicle King said:

More stuff

Weird, they say ''brand new technique'' and his body is unleashing never seen before ki, but the other previews imply he's using Spirit Bomb, is he making Spirit Saiyan canon?

Also focus on his eyes... Uh, Silver dragon eyes? Super Dragon Fist?

Dragon Ball Super: Movies going canon.

3 minutes ago, Ratcicle King said:

Except for Gogeta.

The only thing they're making damn sure will never be canon is Gogeta.

Goku's Spirit Saiyan form fails.

Vegeta: "We must fuse. Let's do the dance."

After the dance is done, a powerful warrior appears.

Veku.

Hmm. Assuming no more breaks, episode 120 will air on December 16th, the week before Christmas. Assuming the ending songs have a connection with the start/end of arcs, that probably means the Tournament aftermath would be in 121 (as 120 would be the last episode with whatever the next theme song is). Which I can only assume would be in the first week of January. Of course, this is only if the ending theme goes for a perfect 12 episodes times in a row; the average number of episodes per ending is 12, but the range is 10 to 13. So the arc could wrap up sooner or later.

The titles in October lead me to believe we'll be seeing U6's ranks thin, though if Jiren can knock people off his feet just by charging up, I wouldn't be surprised if that means some stragglers get ringed out beforehand. Most likely U2/3/4's remaining fodder.

Tomorrow's preview images:

4MuwbA2.jpg

DzhyViq.jpg

d9GFjVX.jpg

timkQXz.jpg

So much Freeza. But yeah, I definitely see him double-crossing Frost. If he was serious about beating Gohan, he'd be Golden.

1 minute ago, Pawn said:

timkQXz.jpg

Is Freeza practicing to get in the Ginyu Force?

Also, it would be funny for Freeza to double-cross Frost only to decide he wants to help his universe.

Remember that post about a new Goku card getting revealed this month for Heroes?

It's here.

Super Saiyan Blue Kaio-Ken x20 Goku.

7 hours ago, Pawn said:

Tomorrow's preview images:

4MuwbA2.jpg

DzhyViq.jpg

d9GFjVX.jpg

timkQXz.jpg

So much Freeza. But yeah, I definitely see him double-crossing Frost. If he was serious about beating Gohan, he'd be Golden.

The thing is...if he really thinks if it's worth using Golden against him

2 hours ago, Ice Vec said:

The thing is...if he really thinks if it's worth using Golden against him

Well, he'd get destroyed if he tried to actually take Gohan down in his standard final form, judging by what we've seen from it and Mystic Gohan's fights against Goku. Either way, this reeks of a ploy.

And it is indeed a ploy. Gohan caught on immediately from Freeza's first attack against him, and powered up to Ultimate to continue with the ploy. Freeza promptly went Golden, and Gohan pretended to be overwhelmed and knocked out so Freeza could keep Frost off guard for an easy hit. That was awfully pragmatic of Gohan.

Frost attempted to shoot Freeza from outside the ring in enraged retaliation, and Present Zen'O swiftly erased him on the spot for trying to "break the rules." Seems Zen'O does have some modicum of fair play. Universe 7 is now in the lead in terms of number.

Kinda sad Frost has been erased. I liked his dickery. Also, the Yardrat has gone and Goku is wasting time with the Universe 2 Fat Sailor Scout. He's really pissing me off now with his constant toying. Also, huge negative here but THEY REUSED THE AWESOME GOLDEN FRIEZA TRANSFORMATION. Even the grin at the end. Super duper lazy guys!

Though I enjoyed Gohan and Frieza's action and banter, as well as buff Frost. Good episode to me really.

Rankings:

U7 - 7

U3/U6 - 6

U2 - 5

U4 - 4

U11 - 3

31 left...

Based on that Spirit Bomb and Jiren's power up, I assume a lot of people from all universes will give their power to Goku, rendering them easy KOs.

This might wrap up sooner than we expected. Maybe I'll get the "3 universes erased at once" thing I envisioned.

The way Liquiir said he's confident Universe 2 will make it to the end... ehhhh, that seems like he may be jinxing it.

1 hour ago, The Tenth Doctor said:

Kinda sad Frost has been erased.

I'm sure if they bring everyone who was erased back, there'll be some reason he comes back.

I'm anticipating a giant temporal do over, though Goku is able to talk to the Zen-Oh's after the Tournament first to know what to say to them in the past so they won't erase anyone. Then the Tournament would repeat and largely be the same, but nobody gets erased.

If it's possible to reconstitute an erased being (it's possible the person has phased out and can be phased back in, after all), I assume the old "every good person" qualifier will be omitted, thus allowing Frost to return.

Or Hell, he's a bad guy, he might just end up being gone permanently like Zamasu. All depends on if they want to do an arc focused on him, but given we already have a Frieza... ehhh, he's probably gone for good.

I think this is basically the writers tying loose ends left by abandoned plotlines, in the most meta way possible too. Frost was probably originally introduced so they could have a ''Freeza'' to use in possible future arcs to replace the real one now that he's gone for good. But then Toriyama suggests bringing him back to the ToP and from the looks of it, he might be here to stay, so they have him outsmart his replacement and basically fool him into getting erased, proving he's the superior one, giving him a great moment AND erasing the now unnecessary copy.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm really interested how they'll play this out in the manga, given Frost isn't evil, he just plays dirty to get an unnecessary fight over with faster.

Granted, Piccolo says he thinks Frost will become more like Frieza but... it seems kind of Ass Pullish if they go through with it.      

Given the exciting change of the Zen Match, though, I think the manga's going to take us all kinds of crazy places with this saga.

• Thumbs Up 1