Awoo.

Dragon Ball (Warning: Untagged Spoilers)

FourCartridge

58 minutes ago, Lord Basil (Ogilvie) said:

Just imagine how bad it'll get when they start adding in all the other Tournament participants...

I personally would end up screaming if I played this game since I have so many favorites.

You have no idea how annoying it was for me to chase Super Gogeta for 6 months.

7 hours ago, CD Sanic said:

boss cards?

Basically, the way Dokkan works is it's a mix between a fighting game and card collecting/strategy. Every stage has a "boss character", which is the character you have to fight in order to beat the stage and progress. There might be fights with other characters along the way, but they're usually weaker/optional. 

Some characters have "inactive" cards, this is where they're used in a story event as a boss card so they'll have base stats and a super attack, but they haven't been released to the public.

7 hours ago, Lord Basil (Ogilvie) said:

Bergamo's attack in action.

Lavender and Basil join the fray, first forming the Dangers' Triangle before blasting the opponent with the Triangle Danger Beam.

This time there's no Saiyans to stop it, so we get a rainbow explosion.

Honestly, it's probably the second best super attack out of the new batch.

Only 17's is better since he does the Super Electric Strike which looks great.

Toppo's is doing Justice Flash then throwing a huge fireball.

Slim Buu's is just the attack he did in the series qjere he launches a lot of blasts and then extends his arms to push the enemy to the ground.

(Also, the reason there's another Bergamo there is because he can transform into his giant form.)

Speaking of Dokkan, second single summon and I got Bergamo.

Was aiming for Kale, since her and Caulifa are my favourite additions of the Tourney of Power (and I managed to get SSJ2 Caulifa when she originally released from what I've seen). (I haven't seen a lot of the arc outside of clips so I haven't seen much of Bergamo) but hey, his card art looks awesome so hopefully he's usable in my teams.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Speaking of Dokkan, second single summon and I got Bergamo.

Was aiming for Kale, since her and Caulifa are my favourite additions of the Tourney of Power (and I managed to get SSJ2 Caulifa when she originally released from what I've seen). (I haven't seen a lot of the arc outside of clips so I haven't seen much of Bergamo) but hey, his card art looks awesome so hopefully he's usable in my teams.

Well, Begamo didn't last too much.

If you wanna see his best moments, however, here they are:

(The last one is where his SA comes from)

So the Tournament of Power arc is starting in the manga, with the exhibition match...

Except it's not a three-on-three match involving mortals, but a free-for-all involving all the gods of destruction. The whole match starts with pretty much everyone going after Beerus (because none of them like him and them finding out that Goku caused this whole mess gave them an excuse), but he still holds his own pretty damn well regardless.

So interestingly enough, those Funko Pops are seemingly based on Dokkan Artwork:

Black:

latest?cb=20170102000425

Zamasu:

latest?cb=20161124220828

5 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

So interestingly enough, those Funko Pops are seemingly based on Dokkan Artwork:

Black:

latest?cb=20170102000425

Zamasu:

latest?cb=20161124220828

Well, the Zamasu art is based on the anime:

203?cb=20170824123952

Bergamo seems to be getting token appreciation due to his small-time rival status, so I'm hopeful there'll be a Bergamo pop at some point to complement the other official merchandise.

I mean the keychain and sticker are nice but any actual figure would make me scream with joy.

...now I wonder if they'll make Pops of all the Gods of Destruction. I'll hoard the Quitela and Liquiir ones.

Also Hit is a Toys R Us exclusive. Hilarious in hindsight.

So I heard you people like your Dokkan cards, so here are some which will be released today. I'm not sure how to include only the art, so I'll put links to the entire cards.

Golden Freeza(Angel):https://v3jpn.dbz.space/cards/1012031

Another Golden Freeza (Angel):

https://v3jpn.dbz.space/cards/1011980

Cocoon Freeza: https://v3jpn.dbz.space/cards/1011970

Freeza(Angel):  https://v3jpn.dbz.space/cards/1012220

Yurin: https://v3jpn.dbz.space/cards/1011920

Updated Survivability Index (or, quantifying plot Armor):

Of the 70 total fighters from other universes, 46 have been eliminated. 65.7%.

Of 15 fighters from other universes shown in the intro, 7 eliminated. 46.7%.

Of 10 fighters on Team Universe 7, 3 eliminated. 30%.

The 8 intro fighters not yet eliminated are: Jiren, Hit, Cabba, Kale, Ribrianne, Damom, Dyspo, and Toppo.

I'm guessing Ribrianne finally bites it in the special, which means U2 and U3 are basically there as throwaways. I think 17 and/or 18's falling from the stage will have something to do with U3's machines, though; my money's on Paparoni overhearing that they're Androids and being able to at least temporarily control one of them. No doubt while psychotically laughing about how U3's luck suddenly turned around. It's either that or U3's machines fuse into a Megazord.

I'd presume Vegeta will bite it going against the Saiyans and Piccolo against the Nameks, but I have no idea how Gohan or Frieza would fall (Frieza likely against Jiren though).

That said, I'm 99% sure someone's going to get KO'd by Damom self destructing. Maybe Gohan after he's had a moment of triumph? They're building up Damom as a possible threat, and given Quitela has it out for Beerus, I can only assume Damom will be targeting Universe 7.

It does raise an interesting point: while killing is against the rules and presumably carries a penalty of being Erased for being broken, what if you already die in the process? Yes, your soul may be Erased afterward, but it's not much of a penalty in terms of the Tournament itself; you're already out. I can only presume that Damom's explosion will end up killing someone.

Watch Zen-Oh erase Quitela on the (rightful) presumption he ordered a fighter to kill another. If he doesn't erase Universe 4 immediately... presumably after Mojito casually drops Quitela's manipulation of Sidra.

Assuming that U7 wins the tournament, I don't think that Gohan's going to be eliminated. He's been built up quite a bit and is featured alongside Goku in the outro, which ought to mean something (I hope). Vegeta could wear down Toppo enough that Gohan stands a chance, perhaps?

Speaking of Saiyans, it would be amazing if Goku was eliminated by Jiren. That would justify him popping up in every episode so far, even when it's unnecessary, to give him lots of screentime before dropping out. That would really shake things up. Wishful thinking though, I'm sure.

EDIT: First (low quality, titchy) preview image for the special is here:

DK6QDc6UQAAwtvV.jpg

2 hours ago, Pawn said:

Assuming that U7 wins the tournament, I don't think that Gohan's going to be eliminated. He's been built up quite a bit and is featured alongside Goku in the outro, which ought to mean something (I hope). Vegeta could wear down Toppo enough that Gohan stands a chance, perhaps?

Speaking of Saiyans, it would be amazing if Goku was eliminated by Jiren. That would justify him popping up in every episode so far, even when it's unnecessary, to give him lots of screentime before dropping out. That would really shake things up. Wishful thinking though, I'm sure.

EDIT: First (low quality, titchy) preview image for the special is here:

DK6QDc6UQAAwtvV.jpg

They did the thing with Frieza and Goku.

• Thumbs Up 1

You know, I feel like the fan-base really hates Ribrianne. Is it because of her main episode or what?

I'm kinda hyped to see her fighting in her "butterfly" form.

I just don't really like the fact that I know that the characters could defeat her instantly but they don't. This is making the GoD's say "Oh, she's really really good" when we're all thinking "She's gone when he goes Blue". Also, the Love talk got old fast (so did Justice but that's a different topic).

• Thumbs Up 1

34 minutes ago, Diamond Dragon X said:

You know, I feel like the fan-base really hates Ribrianne. Is it because of her main episode or what?

I'm kinda hyped to see her fighting in her "butterfly" form.

For some, it feels like she's overstayed her welcome considering her relatively low power so far. I understand that, but maybe she's also holding back?... Yeah, ok, not likely.

Meanwhile others completely missed the point of the magical girl parody back in their first episode and feel it threatens their masculinity (probably). ;0

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, Ribrianne is clearly U2's best. If she goes, then most likely the rest of her team will fall easily (Even more now that Jimeze isn't there to teleport anyone to safety), so she'll go when the writers think it's time for U2 to Say bye-bye.

Note that you can see what looks like Goku mid transformation into his new form. Covered in white aura, no pupils and black sparks surrounding him.

• Thumbs Up 2

Good News for UK DB Fans! Super is officially getting a blu-ray release in the UK by Manga UK (Who's released all of the DB stuff excluding the movies in the UK). Season 1 Part 1 which contains Episodes 1 to 13 (Basically, the BoG saga) releases 30th October.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Ratcicle King said:

Note that you can see what looks like Goku mid transformation into his new form. Covered in white aura, no pupils and black sparks surrounding him.

So he actually absorbs the Spirit Bomb?!

Here's the raw video:

5 hours ago, Diamond Dragon X said:

So he actually absorbs the Spirit Bomb?!

It looks like it, yeah, so maybe this form is a one time thing. I hope this isn't another Trunks situation and we actually get an explanation.

• Thumbs Up 1