Awoo.

Dragon Ball (Warning: Untagged Spoilers)

FourCartridge

12 minutes ago, Ice Vec said:

I was wondering...the episode synopsis speaked about "Mastery of self-movement". How does that work? Is it like:

-Gohan: Wow dad! That looks a-*punched*

-Goku: Sorry, can't control my body

No. It's the thing where you can easily dodge without thinking about it. Let's you concentrate on fighting instead.

It's what Whis was teaching Goku and Vegeta, plus, probably what Jiren can do.

No need to be aware of your surroundings, no need to calculate, predict and counter attacks, you just let your body do the work and focus on other things.

I bet Jiren's control of the ability is how he'll defeat Hit's timeskip, just like Goku managed to beat it by predicting Hit's moves, Jiren will simply let his body move on it's own to counter Hit's attacks.

Some people think that Jiren can read minds; hence the communication with Belmod from the stage. It would make sense, but I think it would be more impressive for him to have mastered the self-movement myself.

I'm wondering if this arc is going to end with Goku and Gohan vs Jiren, given how Gohan is being pushed. Either that or Gohan faces Toppo. Whatever happens, Gohan's going to need to either reach a new level of strength himself or develop an incredible strategy. There's speculation that his fight with Lavender could have sowed the seeds for him to start mastering self-movement himself... but I don't know.

Meanwhile; isn't it about time that the androids and Piccolo have a big moment before elimination? The latter has been particularly neglected and we still have those Nameks to see in action. Yet the next three previews only focus on Saiyans...

We're at the halfway point after the special, still a while before endgame, and so much shit to happen, the way the arc's been building up, I kinda feel like it won't end with Goku vs Jiren, but Goku and a team of fighters from all universes working together to kick Jiren out, so they're most likely planting the seeds for that by giving certain characters so much spotlight.

Edit- Now thinking about it, wouldn't be surprised if Gohan organized said team.

3 hours ago, Pawn said:

I'm wondering if this arc is going to end with Goku and Gohan vs Jiren, given how Gohan is being pushed. Either that or Gohan faces Toppo. Whatever happens, Gohan's going to need to either reach a new level of strength himself or develop an incredible strategy. There's speculation that his fight with Lavender could have sowed the seeds for him to start mastering self-movement himself... but I don't know.

I'm personally hoping that Gohan figures out a way to use Super Saiyan/Super Saiyan 2 to push himself further with his Ultimate form. Like his Potential Unlocked powers mixed with the natural speed, and power boost granted from SSJ.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, Ryannumber1Scarer said:

I'm personally hoping that Gohan figures out a way to use Super Saiyan/Super Saiyan 2 to push himself further with his Ultimate form. Like his Potential Unlocked powers mixed with the natural speed, and power boost granted from SSJ.

From what he said during his fight with Goku, he seems to want to move away from using Super Saiyan altogether.

Welp, big update.

Toei's site updated, we got more profiles, including Jiren's.

The kicker?

It says Jiren is on the level of a God of Destruction

• Thumbs Up 2

Didn't we know that, though? Toppo has been designated as Belmod's successor and he is only around Goku's current level.

We didn't have official confirmation. And to be fair, Toppo's a candidate to GoD, meaning he's still not trained to be one, Goku and Vegeta both were offered the job as GoD at some point, and they're still nowhere near as strong as Beerus. Probably once the successor is picked, he's then trained properly by both the GoD and Angel. Meanwhile, Jiren got all that power seemingly with no training from a deity.

Well, he's surprised; not necessarily scared. Then again, Jiren being more powerful than Goku could mean goodbye U7, so he would have reason to be.

This doesn't mean that Jiren comes close to Beerus in terms of power, is my point.

Beerus was also surprised when he found out someone defeated Freeza, and when Goku revealed the Kaioken. Most of the time he's less scared about someone being stronger than him and more surprised about how some mortals are stronger than he thought.

That fight was intense! Though it filled me with horror at the end, how the heck are they gonna beat Jiren? Also, surprised no one got knocked out here. Not even Ribrianne (how she survived I have no idea) got knocked out.

The wait was Hell due to server crashes but it was worth it.

The way the Gods panicked was something. It's understandable though: the thoughtless movement is something the Angels all seem to have, and the key to their power over the Gods. A mortal managing to gain that power is naturally terrifying.

The cliffhanger isn't much of one; I think it's obvious Frieza is going to give Goku some of his energy, hence his Namek remark. He finds humor in the situations being reversed, because Frieza.

Toei sure as hell delivered on all the hype huh? This is probably one of the best episodes in all of DB honestly.

I'm honestly surprised Krillin, Tien, and Roshi suffered no penalty for lending their energy to Goku. It's not an attack technically, sure, but it's effectively the same as if they had blasted at Jiren.

But hey, Zen-Oh follows the Rule of Cool above all others.

I think they had that scene of the Magical Girls giving energy to Ribbrianne just to show that giving energy from the sidelines is ok.

• Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, Lord Basil (Ogilvie) said:

I'm honestly surprised Krillin, Tien, and Roshi suffered no penalty for lending their energy to Goku. It's not an attack technically, sure, but it's effectively the same as if they had blasted at Jiren.

But hey, Zen-Oh follows the Rule of Cool above all others.

I think it's the same reason Jiren wasn't disqualified when it was believed Goku was dead--Grand Priest said it didn't matter what the process was, it's Goku's own attack.

(That's not to say "Rule of Cool" isn't in effect considering how they reacted to the Mafuba lol)

Also it seems ''Ultra Instinct'' is indeed the name of this ''form'', as it contains the clever name (read: a pun) that one of the writers mentioned on twitter while commending Toriyama for his creativity.

The pun?

Ultra Instinct, or Mastery of Self- Movement, as it's called in Japan, reads as Miggate no Goku'i.

• Thumbs Up 3

There's a second pun in which one of the other words can be read as "selfish" IIRC.

Also, BEST EPISODE IN THE FRANCHISE.

That moment when Toppo started shooting historia Justice Flash and Goku just walked away like "IDGAF" was amazing. Also the final image of Freeza looked amazing.

The detail of the booming sound Goku's voice did while in UI was interesting

So, Dokkan Battle released 2 Ultra Instinct Gokus. Here is one of them:

ln1s44gf9iqz.jpg

The other is just Goku's back.

What I want to point out is that not only does Goku not look like in the animw, but you can clearly tell this was made for people to buy stones for him.

His attack is literally a kamehameha.

Another thing is that thy released him in a Dokkan Festival, which is a banner where units can awaken/evolve. Goku does not have an awakening yet.