Awoo.

Dragon Ball (Warning: Untagged Spoilers)

FourCartridge

4 hours ago, Limit Breaker Diamond said:

How are Potaras allowed?!

Same way the vessel for the Mafuba was, Zen'oh will go "OO THAT'S COOL". I imagine so, at least.

Alternatively, the Namekians could have used their creation magic, which all Namekians can do no matter the clan, to fashion a set of Potara Earrings for the two of them. It's technically not a weapon, just an accessory to completing a technique, like the Mafuba seal jars, so it's fair game.

I cannot see U6's Kaioshin tossing them in and the Zen'Os just allowing that, because then every Kaioshin would throw their earrings to their fighters to even it all out.

6 hours ago, Limit Breaker Diamond said:

How are Potaras allowed?!

Unless I'm incorrect, it's never been explicitly said to be banned. It was banned in U6 V U7, and that seems to make sense now if Champa is aware of the fusion technique. It also makes sense why Goten and Trunks wouldn't be allowed to enter. While Gotenks would be a possibly good fighter, the two's lack of experience would be their downfall the second the fusion ended, making them a high risk character. Especially if SSJ3 Gotenks was used since it would decrease the fusion time further to five minutes a pop. While Gotenks might be able to do some damage in the short term, Goten and Trunks would really be unlikely to keep going in the tournament for long, and the second one of them got ringed out, the other would be screwed completely.

8 minutes ago, -Robin- said:

Alternatively, the Namekians could have used their creation magic, which all Namekians can do no matter the clan, to fashion a set of Potara Earrings for the two of them. It's technically not a weapon, just an accessory to completing a technique, like the Mafuba seal jars, so it's fair game.

I cannot see U6's Kaioshin tossing them in and the Zen'Os just allowing that, because then every Kaioshin would throw their earrings to their fighters to even it all out.

Wait, wait, wait.

I know Namekians can create Dragon Ballas and clothes, but they can create anything?

5 minutes ago, Ryannumber1Scarer said:

Unless I'm incorrect, it's never been explicitly said to be banned. It was banned in U6 V U7, and that seems to make sense now if Champa is aware of the fusion technique. It also makes sense why Goten and Trunks wouldn't be allowed to enter. While Gotenks would be a possibly good fighter, the two's lack of experience would be their downfall the second the fusion ended, making them a high risk character. Especially if SSJ3 Gotenks was used since it would decrease the fusion time further to five minutes a pop. While Gotenks might be able to do some damage in the short term, Goten and Trunks would really be unlikely to keep going in the tournament for long, and the second one of them got ringed out, the other would be screwed completely.

I see it as a weapon, since it's not an ability. But knowing Zen-Oh, he will just agree because "It's cool."

Just now, Limit Breaker Diamond said:

Wait, wait, wait.

I know Namekians can create Dragon Ballas and clothes, but they can create anything?

I see it as a weapon, since it's not an ability. But knowing Zen-Oh, he will just agree because "It's cool."

It isn't a weapon. A weapon is something like Frost's poison, something that actively hinders your enemies through underhanded means, making an unfair battle. The fusion techniques are a natural set of techniques that two users can use to turn to a more powerful form. If they banned fusion, they might as well ban Super Saiyan, Potential Unlocked, Ultra Instinct etc.

2 minutes ago, Ryannumber1Scarer said:

It isn't a weapon. A weapon is something like Frost's poison, something that actively hinders your enemies through underhanded means, making an unfair battle. The fusion techniques are a natural set of techniques that two users can use to turn to a more powerful form. If they banned fusion, they might as well ban Super Saiyan, Potential Unlocked, Ultra Instinct etc.

Well yes, but they are not doing the dance, they are using the Potaras. Those are still objects.

Well yes, but they are not doing the dance, they are using the Potaras. Those are still objects.

Yeah, accessories. It's not like you can throw them at people's heads as a weapon. It's been made very clear that objects that are simply needed for fighting techniques are allowed because they aren't explicitly weapons, they're something that is needed to unlock a legitimate technique. You're really stretching what can be considered a weapon if you're legitimately saying your only point is "well it's an object".

9 minutes ago, Limit Breaker Diamond said:

Wait, wait, wait.

Piccolo conjured an hourglass to keep Super Buu aware of how long an hour is, and Goten and Trunks considered bribing Super Buu with candy and wanted Piccolo to conjure some up. 

With the exception of water, if the Namekian can think it, the Namekian can make it.

2 minutes ago, Ryannumber1Scarer said:

Yeah, accessories. It's not like you can throw them at people's heads as a weapon. It's been made very clear that objects that are simply needed for fighting techniques are allowed because they aren't explicitly weapons, they're something that is needed to unlock a legitimate technique. You're really stretching what can be considered a weapon if you're legitimately saying your only point is "well it's an object".

Maybe calling it a weapon wasn't the best idea...

What I meant to say is that even accesories are banned. The only reason the jar for the Evil Containment Wave was allowed was becaise Zen-Oh liked it.

1 minute ago, Limit Breaker Diamond said:

Maybe calling it a weapon wasn't the best idea...

What I meant to say is that even accesories are banned. The only reason the jar for the Evil Containment Wave was allowed was becaise Zen-Oh liked it.

Doesn't really matter when others are already established to be using Fusion. If Fusion was allowed through a natural technique, it only makes sense that the other method would be allowed to keep things interesting. 

3 minutes ago, Ryannumber1Scarer said:

Doesn't really matter when others are already established to be using Fusion. If Fusion was allowed through a natural technique, it only makes sense that the other method would be allowed to keep things interesting. 

But no one fused so far...

But no one fused so far...

I thought there was three magical girls who fused into one ultimate form?

Just now, Ryannumber1Scarer said:

I thought there was three magical girls who fused into one ultimate form?

You mean Ribiranne, Kakunsa and Rozie?

No, they didn't fuse.

You mean Ribiranne, Kakunsa and Rozie?

No, they didn't fuse.

Whatever the case, fusion is technically a natural technique. If the fusion dance is allowed, it only makes sense for the Potara to be allowed too. 

Considering not only is it stronger, but it lasts longer and it also requires an accesory, I don't see it being allowed.

Whatever, Zen-Oh changes the rules each 5 minutes...

1 hour ago, -Robin- said:

The Potara shown in the preview are green and appear to be the same ones worn by the Kaioshin of Universe 6 earlier in the series. I think they are actually the real thing from the stands and not a conjured item by the remaining Namekians.

Also, the Mafuba functions to redirect a foe without the jar. Potara are in a similar category as senzu beans, where the item does the heavy lifting and no ability interaction are required on the part of the user. They're not really comparable. That said, Universe 2 also employed an item to transfer power so they seem allowed on a case by case basis. It's also likely that they're simply focusing on items to extend combat, whereas fusion does not create additional energy or stamina.

• Thumbs Up 1

Beerus is probably going to complain about them using Potara and Zen-Oh, will probably just tell him to shut up because it's cool.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'd have to say the Potaras could be banned as a weapon. Why?

Because they're in no way comparable to the Fusion Dance. The Fusion Dance is all you. The Potaras can be used by anyone who wears them, there's no "technique" required. No Potara = no fusion. Whereas with the Mafuba, you can still use that without a container (even though it wouldn't make sense to). There's a legitimate reason to ban Potara fusion, because it is item rather than skill-based.

Plus, Fusion makes you far more powerful than you were separate. If that's not a weapon, I don't know what is. A gun is a weapon. A knife is a weapon. All these items make you more powerful.

At the same time, we've seen that natural advantages do not qualify, like Lavender's poison being allowed but not Frost's needles. So hmm.

Synthesizing the Potaras with Namekian magic makes the most sense (and they'd likely use their Kai's earrings as a base), because then they can be construed as a natural byproduct of a person's skill. If Nameks can make Dragon Balls, I don't see why they couldn't create Potaras, even if only temporary or defective ones.

But, Zen-Oh's in play here, so don't bank too heavily on logic.

...watch it turn out the Namekian who makes them has to meditate to keep them active, only for him to be shot out of the ring by Frieza, forcing Kale and Caulifla to defuse right before they can score a critical hit against Goku.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

Thinking of another scenario:

I can see the Nameks conjuring up earrings for Kale and Caulifla, but either the earrings are defective or otherwise they'll defuse prematurely. While I thought of maybe the conjuring requires the Nameks to stay concentrated, the fact the Dragon Balls don't require constant concentration, just a pulse from the creator, would indicate conjured items can stay conjured.

Gohan and Piccolo will KO the Nameks (possibly with Piccolo going down), while Jiren might end up reactivating and getting rid of Kale just for insurance's sake, to make sure there's no way she and Caulifla can fuse again and possibly be a threat towards the end. Jiren does register Kale as a possible threat to U11 if not himself, hence his knocking her out earlier, but the fact she's able to recover her power and go berserk, never mind fuse with someone and become absurdly powerful, would necessitate getting rid of her completely. No doubt Belmod heard of Champa's master plan to simply maintain higher numbers than everyone else... and he may just order Jiren to get rid of Kale to be on the safe side (as well as tie U11 and U6 in the event of a worst case scenario).

Frieza would no doubt eliminate Caulifla, ending U6. No matter what happens, I think it's safe that the final knockout will go to Frieza. Goku and Gohan's conflicted feelings over the eliminations they caused aside, all of U7's heavy hitters are just too chummy with U6 to kill them.

Frieza? He'll be laughing the whole damned time. Maybe even prompting a fight with Vegeta.

3 hours ago, Ice Vec said:

BTW...How does Goku recovers stamina by fighting 2 people and also transforming into SS2 and 3 briefly?

Uh... video game logic? I think the writers are only using mentioned amount of time as an aesthetic detail..

Considering Saiyans have the Zenkai that makes them stronger after recovering from grievous injury, it seems reasonable that simple exhaustion would wear off much quicker than with humans.

• Thumbs Up 1

The same reason you don't just lie down and go motionless after a prolonged sprint. Steadily getting your body back to its natural motions perks up your stamina quicker than essentially vegetating.

The Goku we saw in this episode was the martial arts master we've always been told he was, and he proved his own eclipsing power was not a crutch.

• Thumbs Up 1

For those who haven't seen it, I present the best Dragon Ball Fan Manga Ever! Ala Rereboy compiled.

https://imgur.com/a/48sol

https://imgur.com/a/6URtD

Dragon Ball - Who wants to be a superhero? - by Michsi - Up to date
Pages 01 - 35 

who_wants_to_be_a_superhero_1_by_michsi-

who_wants_to_be_a_superhero_2_by_michsi-
who_wants_to_be_a_superhero_3_by_michsi-
who_wants_to_be_a_superhero_4_by_michsi-
who_wants_to_be_a_superhero_5_by_michsi-
who_wants_to_be_a_superhero_6_by_michsi-
who_wants_to_be_a_superhero_7_by_michsi-
who_wants_to_be_a_superhero_8_by_michsi-
who_wants_to_be_a_superhero_9_by_michsi-
who_wants_to_be_a_superhero_10_by_michsi
who_wants_to_be_a_superhero_11_by_michsi
who_wants_to_be_a_superhero_12_by_michsi
who_wants_to_be_a_superhero_13_by_michsi
who_wants_to_be_a_superhero_14_by_michsi
who_wants_to_be_a_superhero_15_by_michsi
who_wants_to_be_a_superhero_16_by_michsi
who_wants_to_be_a_superhero_17_by_michsi
who_wants_to_be_a_superhero_18_by_michsi
who_wants_to_be_a_superhero_19_by_michsi
who_wants_to_be_a_superhero_20_by_michsi
who_wants_to_be_a_superhero_21_by_michsi
who_wants_to_be_a_superhero_22_by_michsi
who_wants_to_be_a_superhero_23_by_michsi
who_wants_to_be_a_superhero_24_by_michsi
who_wants_to_be_a_superhero_25_by_michsi
who_wants_to_be_a_superhero_26_by_michsi
who_wants_to_be_a_superhero_27_by_michsi
who_wants_to_be_a_superhero_28_by_michsi
who_wants_to_be_a_superhero_29_by_michsi
who_wants_to_be_a_superhero_30_by_michsi
who_wants_to_be_a_superhero_31_by_michsi
who_wants_to_be_a_superhero_32_by_michsi
who_wants_to_be_a_superhero_33_by_michsi
who_wants_to_be_a_superhero_34_by_michsi
who_wants_to_be_a_superhero_35_by_michsi

Pages 36 - 70

who_wants_to_be_a_superhero_36_by_michsi

who_wants_to_be_a_superhero_37_by_michsi
who_wants_to_be_a_superhero_38_by_michsi
who_wants_to_be_a_superhero_39_by_michsi
who_wants_to_be_a_superhero_40_by_michsi
who_wants_to_be_a_superhero_41_by_michsi
who_wants_to_be_a_superhero_42_by_michsi
who_wants_to_be_a_superhero_43_by_michsi
who_wants_to_be_a_superhero_44_by_michsi
who_wants_to_be_a_superhero_45_by_michsi
who_wants_to_be_a_superhero_46_by_michsi
who_wants_to_be_a_superhero_47_by_michsi
who_wants_to_be_a_superhero_48_by_michsi
who_wants_to_be_a_superhero_49_by_michsi
who_wants_to_be_a_superhero_50_by_michsi
who_wants_to_be_a_superhero_51_by_michsi
who_wants_to_be_a_superhero_52_by_michsi
who_wants_to_be_a_superhero_53_by_michsi
who_wants_to_be_a_superhero_54_by_michsi
who_wants_to_be_a_superhero_55_by_michsi
who_wants_to_be_a_superhero_56_by_michsi
who_wants_to_be_a_superhero_57_by_michsi
who_wants_to_be_a_superhero_58_by_michsi
who_wants_to_be_a_superhero_59_by_michsi
who_wants_to_be_a_superhero_60_by_michsi
who_wants_to_be_a_superhero_61_by_michsi
who_wants_to_be_a_superhero_62_by_michsi
who_wants_to_be_a_superhero_63_by_michsi
who_wants_to_be_a_superhero_64_by_michsi
who_wants_to_be_a_superhero_65_by_michsi
who_wants_to_be_a_superhero_66_by_michsi
who_wants_to_be_a_superhero_67_by_michsi
who_wants_to_be_a_superhero_68_by_michsi
who_wants_to_be_a_superhero_69_by_michsi
who_wants_to_be_a_superhero__70_by_michs

Pages 71 - 95

71_zpsfqa8xm7r.png

72_zpst7fkewwi.png
73_zpsdk3hj2gr.png
74_zpszcgfqnt7.png
75_zpsyxj46wj6.png
76_zpshy7lzhql.png
77_zpsvfiej6wm.jpg
78_zpsy6atyfbl.png
79_zpsl8egf6v9.jpg
80_zpsat9jdwyp.jpg
81_zpsexjbaltg.jpg
82_zpslezf1u6v.jpg
83_zpsdco591kx.jpg
84_zpsfb2j6wjg.jpg
85_zpsskibnjte.jpg
86_zpsgg8vbicj.jpg
87_zpsrvqpi2k9.jpg
88_zpshtgczlpl.jpg
89_zpshpxrxp5n.jpg
90_zpsbvear40e.jpg
91_zpsvdjif9s6.jpg
92_zpsujdxbfj3.jpg
93_zpsfypwyxc7.jpg
94_zpstg6vyenz.jpg
HVEqbPZ.jpg

Also, so that the pages are never lost again, I've compiled them all in a zip file and in a cbz file (for those who enjoy reading comics with CDisplay or similar programs):

Zip: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8U9vOnSj5TmNk9LaUwzbkFGWjQ/view?usp=sharing
Cbz: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8U9vOnSj5TmOV92amwzaWMwMzA/view?usp=sharing[/quote]

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 1