Awoo.

Dragon Ball (Warning: Untagged Spoilers)

FourCartridge

I wouldn't bet on Freeza eliminating Kefla, as Goku mentions needing Kaioken on top of Blue in the preview. If they stay fused, then Freeza ought to be fucked.

And honestly, I'd love to see them ring him out for Cabba. She looks awesome too, so I hope she sticks around for a bit.

This episode looked great. A lot of parts looked straight out of Z in the best way possible. There was even a scene where Krillin didn't look totally off.

One part I found unintentionally amusing was when Goku said "I can't stop shaking. It must be her Saiyan instinct." and he stopped shaking right when he finishes the sentence xD

Caulifla is still the best of the U6 Saiyans.

I meant to say this before but the fact that Caulifla and Kale already had the earrings suggests that receiving them from outside the ring is not acceptable. So this is likely the only Potara fusion we'll be seeing unless two other characters have also brought some along.

And that makes sense because otherwise things would get ridiculous with characters fusing left and right.

wow, the quality of animation has improved a ton. I remember episode 5....kek. this has DBZ vibes, and not in a negative way. holy fck it's that good now.

11 hours ago, Pawnkin said:

I wouldn't bet on Freeza eliminating Kefla, as Goku mentions needing Kaioken on top of Blue in the preview. If they stay fused, then Freeza ought to be fucked.

That's a huge if given what happened with Vegito.

I'm anticipating they defuse within a few minutes, at which points they'd be promptly out of luck. If Frieza doesn't get them, Jiren will.

Frieza being Trunks'd again by characters who just appeared this arc would feel fairly hollow. Particularly since he's become a little more humble and realizes there are in fact fighters out of his league. He won't challenge Kefla while they're fused.

Won't be surprised if this incident with Fusion prompts him to team up again with Frost after the Tournament's over, so he has an adequate Fusion partner. They can't conspire against each other if they're one being.

I think people are underestimating just how powerful frieza is now. He has not shown fear toward even one fighter. He only comments that's jiren is a beast and gokus current fight he us overlook8ng with a giant smile

SSB Goku and Golden Frieza are roughly on par with each other.

If SSB and Kaioken together can't defeat Kefla, neither can Golden Frieza.

Which is why Kefla will likely either be defeated by Jiren or defuse.

It was said the Potara combines the power of the fusees and then multiplies it tens of times. So Kefla's exact power boils down to just how strong Berseker Kale is... and based on the fact Jiren beat her with a single hit, he's way out of even her league. Kefla might be able to fight evenly with him... but that's why she'd probably defuse.

Just wait for Jiren to have some bullshit ability to cut a fusion short with his glare.

We don't know if Goku's 100% yet, so maybe that has something to do with it. Either way, Freeza would have quite a fight on his hands. His presence indicates that he will have some involvement at least. I don't think Jiren will. It's too early for him to get up after deciding to meditate only a few episodes ago and nobody but UI Goku is worth the bother anyway.

7 hours ago, Pawnkin said:

nobody but UI Goku is worth the bother anyway.

Hit was.

Hit went down and Goku was tired out, so Jiren reasoned there was no one left to fight.

But then this Fusion happened, and we notice Jiren's concentration is being interrupted slightly. Kefla's power is enough that he's clearly a little disturbed.

1 hour ago, Lord Bergamo (Ogilvie) said:

Hit was.

Hit went down and Goku was tired out, so Jiren reasoned there was no one left to fight.

But then this Fusion happened, and we notice Jiren's concentration is being interrupted slightly. Kefla's power is enough that he's clearly a little disturbed.

True. I'd find it odd for Jiren to wake up so soon though.

I'd also rather someone else ring her out, honestly. Jiren ringing anyone out now just seems pointless when we already know how it will go.

1 hour ago, Meta77 said:

Wait where did it show jiren even cared really?

When they show a shot of his hand twiching.

23 hours ago, Lord Bergamo (Ogilvie) said:

Won't be surprised if this incident with Fusion prompts him to team up again with Frost after the Tournament's over, so he has an adequate Fusion partner.

Yeah that's not possible. He was literally ERASED several episodes back for trying to shoot frieza after being eliminated.

As for the episode. It was good. Much better than that Ribrianne filler crap. As for Kefla vs Goku. Goku is still recovering. While it is noticeable that whis senses something with Goku, he (if he's that drained) should not be able to go SSG. Right? He's well past his limit. UI is out of question. How is he still doing this? Hell how can he go SSB +KK next episode?

14 hours ago, Pawnkin said:

True. I'd find it odd for Jiren to wake up so soon though.

I'd also rather someone else ring her out, honestly. Jiren ringing anyone out now just seems pointless when we already know how it will go.

I'm honestly thinking it would be Frieza, especially if the Namekians are already out. He's the type who will cruelly snuff U6 out. Particularly if Goku's worn Kefla down for him yet intends to simply let them walk away. At some point I'm expecting Frieza to cruelly chastize his teammates by reminding them they're in a battle for survival (maybe rub in why having friends can be a liability in a situation like this).

I think Jiren will show signs of being disturbed but otherwise go back to sleep once it's apparent that Kefla's no longer a threat.

11 hours ago, Eternal EX said:

Yeah that's not possible. He was literally ERASED several episodes back for trying to shoot frieza after being eliminated.

Did you miss the strong likelihood that all Erasures will be rendered meaningless at the end of all this? Something now being strongly hinted at by both Vegeta and Goku's words? Their words indicate they are both going to revive fallen Universes, or at least Universe 6 (and most likely all universes because that's what good guys do; remember that Vegeta refused to kill Frost even if he was sorely tempted to).

Yes, there's the possibility the Super Balls can't do it, but given it's said they can grant any wish and given the nature of Dragon Ball... It's unlikely they'll sweep such a massive cast away permanently. If not a direct revival, there will instead be a giant temporal do over (where no doubt, Goku will convince Zen-Oh prior to the Tournament to just roll defeated universes into the winning universe). Or Hell, it could turn out that no one is actually being Erased at all and this is just to raise the stakes.

It's very likely Frost and Frieza will meet up again, Frost will be really angry still, but Frieza can point out that the nature of the Tournament was that only one of them could win. Now, however...

Frieza can of course say "You are an amateur now, but I can make you a professional!"

While it would have been better to have this arc later on, after we've gotten attached to several other universes, having it so soon means we've gotten our feet wet with other universes, likely serving as the foundation for future arcs. I'm personally anticipating the defeated universes get merged with 7, while visits are made to at least one of the other 4 universes.

I wouldn't be surprised if there's a "multiversal war" plot somewhere in the works, too, given we have all kinds of shady characters. Right now we think Frieza's just delusional when he thinks he can threaten the Omni-King, but in the future...

So we have some exciting spoilers! (Source)

115 Goku vs Kefla! Super Saiyan Blue Defeated?!

Fighting Universe 7's son Goku, Universe 6's Caulifla and Kale use the "Potara" earrings that Kaioshins wear to merge. Facing Goku as "Kefla", they overwhelm him with stupendous power. Witnessing this, the people from the other universes wonder if they too should use Potara to merge, and begin forming plans...

116 The Comeback Omen! Ultra Instinct's Great Explosion!!

Through his extreme battle with Kefla, Goku once again utilizes "Ultra Instinct", a region which even gods cannot easily obtain. Goku triggers a further power-up in his opponent Kefla.

117 Grand Love Showdown! Androids vs Universe 2

After using up all of his stamina with Ultra Instinct, Goku is targeted by Ribrianne and the others of Universe 2. As it looks like Goku is going to be hit by their attacks, Androids 17 and 18 arrive to help him.

Soooo... is U2 or U6 going to bite the bullet? And other universes are considering Potara fusion!? Things are going to get crazy.

• Thumbs Up 1

They can't fuse though, Kale and Caulifla brought their Potara into the ring. If anyone else did that, it would lose its shock value. If Gods start throwing Potara's then that has to break some rules (though who am I kidding, Zeno will just think its cool). Also, I'll be surprised if Kefla lasts now, sure she's going to get a new transformation (bet its SS3 but it'll drain the fusion) but afterwards they has a joyful Freeza nearby and a feral Ultra Instinct Goku in their faces.

Sounds to me like Kefla will be defeated in 116, but she'll put up a fight against UI Goku. I wish she'd been able to knock someone out of the ring. Vegeta or Frieza would've been cool. Vegeta doesn't seem to have any real role here at this point, so might as well have them beat him. Frieza probably still has something coming or else what's the point of having brought him back?

I honestly forgot 17 & 18 were still fighting. It's good to see them do something useful.

Episode 119's title is also known now.

"Another Sacrifice from Universe 7! Universe 4 Gets Serious!"

Universe 4's gambit will be at play at last.

Anime Ajay looks at the staff for each episode:

116 and 118 sound like they have a higher budget of talent, while 117 looks to be on the lower end.

EDIT:

4 hours ago, -Robin- said:

Episode 119's title is also known now.

"Another Sacrifice from Universe 7! Universe 4 Gets Serious!"

Universe 4's gambit will be at play at last.

Apparently "sacrifice" wasn't quite the right word, with the translator now going with "victim". So I'm betting Piccolo or one of the androids are next to be eliminated, given that the Namekian's been reaching his limit and the twins are seeing more spotlight against U2 right before this.

• Thumbs Up 1

I assume they'll all chatter about using Potara only for Zen-Oh to shut it down.

On the other hand who knows, maybe all the other universes will get Potara. It would let them compete on a more even footing with U7 and U11 (I can only assume Vegeta will refuse to fuse on the basis he's more than capable of beating them all on his own), while also speeding up the rate of eliminations.

8 hours ago, Pawn said:

Soooo... is U2 or U6 going to bite the bullet? And other universes are considering Potara fusion!? Things are going to get crazy.

The way they're going so far as to hide the synopsis makes me think it will be Universe 6. That's going to be the hardest elimination for most fans. It makes the most sense to hide it, especially considering they had no problem revealing the Erasures of 9 and 10. It comes off as a case of "in this situation, no answer is an answer."

Once Kefla's tapped out, Kale and Caulifla are just there for fodder.

Looking like they're setting up a U3 vs Androids battle, but the way they say the Androids are helping against U2 a few episodes down the line probably means there's no big fight just yet.

Or maybe we'll be surprised and U3 is the next Universe to be eliminated, just casually losing people like its twin Universe 10 was.

After all, process of elimination says we'll lose Universe 2, 3, or 6 next month.

U3 still needs to assemble its Megazord and isn't mentioned in the upcoming spoilers. It's probably U6, as both fights featuring their remaining fighters are due to end. U2 is possible with the androids facing them and honestly it's about time those magical girls were eliminated.

I'm betting on U6, even if the alternative would be cool.

Yet another episode with no fodder knockouts. If knockouts won't be casual like they were towards the start, that puts Universe 6 as the likely next elimination.

However, Potara from outside the ring have been allowed by the Zen-Ohs, though most teams see little utility in them. So yes, odds are we'll be seeing Vegito towards the end.

We're down to 19 minutes, so it looks like we're going to see consistent one minute episodes.

My question with Ultra Instinct is this: where do we go from here? If it's a state that doesn't drain stamina, how do you top that?

As for the Potara Fusion, a thought occurs. We see that they're fairly fragile, as Universe 2's are destroyed. What happens if you destroy the Potaras of a fused, non-Supreme Kai being? Would it speed up their defusion, or defuse them immediately?

That might have a hand in how Kefla is really brought down, while also exposing a liability for any Vegito fight.