Awoo.

Dragon Ball (Warning: Untagged Spoilers)

FourCartridge

1 hour ago, Lord Bergamo (Ogilvie) said:

However, Potara from outside the ring have been allowed by the Zen-Ohs, though most teams see little utility in them. So yes, odds are we'll be seeing Vegito towards the end.

But they also stated that they risked of losing 2 fighters in one shot that way...so I don't think it'll happen.

BTW, Shin had a good idea for once. Giving the Potara to 17 and 18 would have been the best choice

I got a good chuckle out of Kefla telling the 'Peanut Gallery' to be quiet and I liked how Kefla and Goku were hyped to fight each other towards the climax. Though I don't think I like her voice that much. Awesome to see UI Goku, I just hope the girls go out like champs and not chumps.

Though who ever did the directing and storyboarding could have done a better job, everything felt very hap hazard and I expected Goku and Kefla's fight to be a bit better choreographed. The gag with U2 was cool. I know a lot of folks don't care for U2 but I just love how hammy and goofy they all are. I'll be sad to see them go when they get eliminated but they've had a good run.

• Thumbs Up 1

He who makes Gods shit their pants shall be appearing in the English dub next week.

His name has been localized as "Grand Zen-Oh."

...Roh's death is going to be awkward to dub given that doesn't roll off the tongue the same way as "Zen-Oh-sama."

Also his voice is just perfect for a creepy child.

6 hours ago, Ice Vec said:

But they also stated that they risked of losing 2 fighters in one shot that way...so I don't think it'll happen.

Goku and Vegeta also like disobeying Beerus where possible. They respect his power, but not necessarily his authority.

So I can see them fusing anyway, especially if it's the only way to stop Jiren.

19 minutes ago, Lord Bergamo (Ogilvie) said:
Goku and Vegeta also like disobeying Beerus where possible. They respect his power, but not necessarily his authority.

So I can see them fusing anyway, especially if it's the only way to stop Jiren.

The idea is wether or not Beerus throws the Potaras at all.

1 minute ago, Infinite ∞ said:

The idea is wether or not Beerus throws the Potaras at all.

I presume seeing Goku and Vegeta getting their asses whooped will make him realize he'll lose two fighters anyway so why not?

But honestly he's coming off as a cheapskate. He doesn't want to risk losing two... when he has seven. Teams with comparable numbers are a lot weaker.

Honestly, I think that they would rather make a new fusion instead of bringing Vegito back already.

Maybe Goku and Gohan? Goku did want to fuse with him first and now Gohan has the Ultimate form back.

Or maybe actually Android 17 and 18 like Shin said?

I think those are both neat ideas, but the tendency of this Tournament to have one missed opportunity after another leads me to be pessimistic about the subject. :v

Pretty sure outside those mechs we won't see a mass of fusions. 

Also whis looks rather upset goku when ultra again

I get the feeling 17 and 18 will donate some of their unlimited energy to Goku after Universe 2 tries to pounce on him.

They'll be the Dendes of this Frieza fight.

Which, of course... would prompt other universes to reason they need to go.

3 hours ago, Pawn said:

He doesn't look upset, but there's good reason to be worried that Goku's out of stamina again.

I wonder if that's what really worries him...

13 hours ago, Ice Vec said:

I wonder if that's what really worries him...

What else would it be? Anyway, after watching that scene again, he doesn't even look particularly worried; just a tad serious. It's really not a big deal, at least right now.

I don't understand why people read into the slightest thing when it comes to the angels.

2 hours ago, Pawn said:

What else would it be? Anyway, after watching that scene again, he doesn't even look particularly worried; just a tad serious. It's really not a big deal, at least right now.

I don't understand why people read into the slightest thing when it comes to the angels.

I think a lot of people desperately want a plot that's deeper than "Zen-Oh is omnipotent and arbitrary as shit about said omnipotence."

But, Dragon Ball.

I would like to let you guys know Kefla is gonna be added in Dokkan. A clear image of her card art is not released yet, but you can watch her super attack here:

So is Kefla really that strong or is SSB KKx20 Goku just that low on stamina? I really had to think of that. SSB with KK should be more than enough to take down anyone in this tournament besides Jiren and Toppo. No one else really stood a chance except Hit and he's gone.

15 minutes ago, Eternal EX said:

So is Kefla really that strong or is SSB KKx20 Goku just that low on stamina? I really had to think of that. SSB with KK should be more than enough to take down anyone in this tournament besides Jiren and Toppo. No one else really stood a chance except Hit and he's gone.

Goku is definitely low on stamina, as Champa makes a point to keep reminding us. Using Kaioken just depleted what he had left, leaving him vulnerable to a knockout.

It's a plot device to justify Goku's relatively easy access to UI. I assume that he'll manage to unlock it before losing all of his stamina when fighting Jiren next time (as he's gradually getting more of a handle on it).

That's what I thought. And UI is literally the final stand before he crashes (as of now). ?? Which is currently his limit breaker? Ugh, can't we just get Super Sayian Pink or SSB 2 and move on?

My question is where we go from here if he can casually activate Ultra Instinct.

Basically the only people worth fighting after that point are maybe a handful of mortals from the other 4 Universes and Angels.

Maybe that's feeding into the suspicion the Angels are up to something. They're really the only threats to an Ultra Instinct Goku, at least from what we can see.

All depends on what happens with Frieza. He's clearly intrigued at the ability, but for all we know he might disappear from the story again after this saga.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Lord Bergamo (Ogilvie) said:

All depends on what happens with Frieza. He's clearly intrigued at the ability, but for all we know he might disappear from the story again after this saga.

I don't think we've heard Frieza's last "desu ne" yet. I think they have something saved for him

10 minutes ago, Ice Vec said:

I don't think we've heard Frieza's last "desu ne" yet. I think they have something saved for him

Maybe. But if they do, lets see it soon. Hope it doesn't take another year for it to happen. I'm honestly ready for this arc to be over. Especially when they focus so heavily on Goku instead of the other characters.

13 hours ago, Lord Bergamo (Ogilvie) said:

My question is where we go from here if he can casually activate Ultra Instinct.

Basically the only people worth fighting after that point are maybe a handful of mortals from the other 4 Universes and Angels.

Maybe that's feeding into the suspicion the Angels are up to something. They're really the only threats to an Ultra Instinct Goku, at least from what we can see.

I don't see any reason for the Angels (at least the ones we know of) to be up to something. Both Whis and the GP were delighted to see UI when it first showed up. If anything, I can see the GP training Goku to master it. Some Gods of Destruction may not be so happy to see him ascend so quickly though.

Aside from the remaining 4 universes (which could contain any number of adversaries), there are those 6 destroyed universes as well, which could always come back. We also don't know if Goku will gain full control of UI by the end of the tournament. Him finding it difficult is the perfect excuse for the writers to turn it on and off when they want. And as you brought him up, Freeza's bound to learn it. I don't think it's coincidence that he's the one observing the battle with Kefla right now. A Sadala arc would be the perfect time for him to become a threat again.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Pawn said:

I don't see any reason for the Angels (at least the ones we know of) to be up to something. Both Whis and the GP were delighted to see UI when it first showed up. If anything, I can see the GP training Goku to master it. Some Gods of Destruction may not be so happy to see him ascend so quickly though.

Maybe that's what worried Whis. This can attract the wrong kind of attention from the other universes

• Thumbs Up 1

Why do I get the feeling Quitela will make some calls after the Tournament's over to try and align them against Universe 7?

Particularly if somehow none of the Erased universes are aware Goku's responsible for their restoration? They'd still have the angst against him for suggesting the Tournament in the first place.

More likely, though, restored Universes 13 to 18 would not be at all aware of Goku is or what he's done, and would be fertile ground for allies against Universe 7's dangerous mortals.

6 hours ago, Lord Bergamo (Ogilvie) said:

Why do I get the feeling Quitela will make some calls after the Tournament's over to try and align them against Universe 7?

Particularly if somehow none of the Erased universes are aware Goku's responsible for their restoration? They'd still have the angst against him for suggesting the Tournament in the first place.

More likely, though, restored Universes 13 to 18 would not be at all aware of Goku is or what he's done, and would be fertile ground for allies against Universe 7's dangerous mortals.

Going from Universe Survival to Universal Invasion. I could see it happening.

• Thumbs Up 1