Awoo.

Dragon Ball (Warning: Untagged Spoilers)

FourCartridge

https://www.youcaring.com/christopherayres-1010986

Houston, we really do have a problem.

Chris Ayres (the newer voice of Frieza, after the cast change) is very, very ill from C.O.P.D. According to the page, he's been ill since March. Please help, if you can. Share to your friends.

I'm sure we all are concerned about him. Having had an obscure manga signed by him, not even four months before this started, this is extra scary.

• Thumbs Up 2

So it sounds like 117's plot will involve 17 and 18 taking out the remaining Kamikaze Fireballs. Vegeta, meanwhile, tries to master Ultra Instinct against Universe 3, but fails.

Anyway. That still leaves several members of Team Universe 2. Universe 6's odds of surviving just dropped again. We'll know for sure in two days based on how the final Goku/Kefla episode goes.

I'm anticipating 2, 3, and 4 will be wiped out all at once down the road.

2 minutes ago, Ice Vec said:

He'll try to master UI and fail? What? Is he going to hit his head till he falls unconcious?

My guess is it will be like when he had his arms at his sides trying to fight Hit.

Probably with similar levels of getting owned, but fortunately Vegeta should be more than capable of counterattacking and knocking Catopesra off the stage.

There's no way they'd job him because the fanbase revolt would be enormous.

According to the page I posted, enough money has been raised to help Chris Ayres get more treatment. I hope he'll make it out alive.

The Seiyuu of Bulma has passed away. She had been voicing Bulma since the very beginning of Dragon Ball. She's practically as much of a veteran as Masako Nozawa. R.I.P Hiromi Tsuru (1960-2017) 

Her last appearance as Bulma was Episode #96 of Dragon Ball Super just before the Tournament of Power began. Her final Dragon Ball Video Game role I think will be Dragon Ball Fighterz which I hope she completed as a final hurrah.

• Thumbs Up 2

59 minutes ago, dbzfan7 said:

The Seiyuu of Bulma has passed away. She had been voicing Bulma since the very beginning of Dragon Ball. She's practically as much of a veteran as Masako Nozawa. R.I.P Hiromi Tsuru (1960-2017) 

Her last appearance as Bulma was Episode #96 of Dragon Ball Super just before the Tournament of Power began. Her final Dragon Ball Video Game role I think will be Dragon Ball Fighterz which I hope she completed as a final hurrah.

mind sourcing that?

That's sad...

But it makes sense. We heard nothing about Bulma since the TOP began.

What I wonder is who will they find to voice Bulma now.

It really does get worse when you consider her final line was saying farewell to Vegeta and everyone else.

Just read through Chapter 30 of the manga. Doesn't look like the translation is available, but basically:

-Tournament rules are laid out, and the same 4 universes are exempt from the Tournament. Liquiir looks pretty damned cocky at that turn of events.

-Universe 7's story plays out as in the anime, with them selecting their 10 fighters and Whis magically teleporting Bulla out of Bulma.

-Other than that, lots of exposition on Universe 11. The random planet attack is changed to Dyspo leading a team of Pride Troopers against a monster; he actually holds himself fairly well. The monster ends up trapping all the Pride Troopers - Dyspo and Toppo included - only for Jiren to swoop in and save the day. So one improvement on the anime seems to be Dyspo isn't prone to getting in over his head.

-Jiren has the biggest improvement. He initially refuses to enter the Tournament, because his duty is to protect the people of Universe 11; if Universe 11 loses, that's just how it is. Belmod convinces Jiren to enter, saying he will grant Jiren's unspecified wish. Jiren agrees... and says he will return to Universe 11 immediately if anything happens while the Tournament is ongoing.

So wait a damned minute here. He'd just... leave? Leave the Tournament?

I don't think that's how that works.

We might be getting set up for a major plot curveball here.

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, Lord Bergamo (Ogilvie) said:

So one improvement on the anime seems to be Dyspo isn't prone to getting in over his head.

I love that about him though. :0 It makes him far more endearing than the other Pride Troopers and especially Jiren.

As for Jiren's concern about his universe... Could his meditation in the anime allow him to check in on U11? That would make more sense than considering himself above everyone else. Although, he could end the tournament quickly and get back to U11 sooner but whatever. Dragon Ball.

I wouldn't be surprised if he does have the ability to leave the World of Void. If he can smash his way through time, then why not space? =P

• Thumbs Up 3

1 hour ago, Pawn said:

I love that about him though. :0 It makes him far more endearing than the other Pride Troopers and especially Jiren.

As for Jiren's concern about his universe... Could his meditation in the anime allow him to check in on U11? That would make more sense than considering himself above everyone else. Although, he could end the tournament quickly and get back to U11 sooner but whatever. Dragon Ball.

I wouldn't be surprised if he does have the ability to leave the World of Void. If he can smash his way through time, then why not space? =P

If it makes you feel better, Dyspo did charge up an attack to destroy the monster while he was stuck in the monster's gunk, but Toppo told him not to because it might hit some innocent civilians.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well Jiren's nap didn't last did it? Sad with the outcome but I knew it was coming. Android episode next week, should be fun. Still annoyed how we have huge explosions with people being swept away yet NO RING OUTS! Why is PoliceMan guy still here!?

• Thumbs Up 1

Fuck

When Ultimate Battle kicked in I was smiling, but a bit tired of it being overused

Then the lyrics kicked in and I geeked the fuck out

That finale was fucking amazing, holy shit best Kamehameha ever.

Wow, we're really being kept in suspense as to whether it will be Universe 2 or 6, huh?

Next episode has "all" of Universe 2 attacking Goku and the Androids, so they remain a fair option. At the same time, Universe 6 being down to two Namekians means they could easily be wiped out in a single episode. That 118's title is "a universe disappears" would indicate the events leading to erasure happen that episode... which makes me think either the sole survivor of Universe 2 will be KOed, or the Namekians will fail in their last stand.

The low body count the last several episodes makes Universe 2 seems more likely though, as it presents an opportunity to drastically cut how many fighters are left in the fight.

That said, if Piccolo and Gohan take out Universe 6... they might be distracted afterward enough Universe 4 can make its move and knock out Piccolo. Piccolo probably won't take the idea he just committed genocide on his own people well. But then he sees bug warriors sneaking up on Gohan...

• Thumbs Up 1

The only downside to the Kefla fight was that she never went Super Saiyan 3, like Caulifla had set out to do from the start.

Of course that might mean that she's destined to unlock it in a future arc, consequently giving the game away about U6's fate in this arc, but still, Caulifla could have unlocked it for just a brief second at least. 

3 minutes ago, -Robin- said:

The only downside to the Kefla fight was that she never went Super Saiyan 3, like Caulifla had set out to do from the start.

Of course that might mean that she's destined to unlock it in a future arc, consequently giving the game away about U6's fate in this arc, but still, Caulifla could have unlocked it for just a brief second at least. 

People are already complaining about Kefla getting SSJ2, if she were to go 3 people would've gone mad.

4 hours ago, DiamondX said:

Here's a gif on the Kamehameha grinding:

yV0nOV1.gif

Rollin' around at the speed of sound...

• Thumbs Up 4