Awoo.

Dragon Ball (Warning: Untagged Spoilers)

FourCartridge

On ‎11‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 10:37 AM, DiamondX said:

Here's a gif on the Kamehameha grinding:

yV0nOV1.gif

19 hours ago, Ice Vec said:

Son Goku's Pro Skater

THIS! I would buy this. By far the best Kamehameha I've seen. I mean Roshi still owns the MVP role of the ARC. But UI Goku is not far behind with that Kamehameha.

Spoilers for 118 are out and the next lucky victim of Erasure iiiiis!

...we still don't know for sure.

The plot includes both Gohan and Piccolo facing off against the Namekians, as well as Frieza going after what remains of Universe 2, only for Goku's blast to blow them out of bounds.

Yes, that would indicate it's only Universe 2 that's going...

...except the source Japanese/Korean, as per Herms98's revelation, is ambiguous and could easily mean more than one universe.

We may just get a double Erasure of both U6 and U2 two weeks from now. My assumption is the remnants of Universe 2 will be fodderized and go out at the start, while the rest of the episode will involve Gohan and Piccolo finishing off 6.

...Also I told you Liquiir saying Universe 2 was his favorite team and how he was sure they would win would jinx them. :v

• Thumbs Up 2

117 has been and went. Good solid Android action, using their foes attacks against each other. Ribrianne proved she was an ignorant hypocrite today by saying "Everyone will feel love! What, you love a small bald man? You don't understand love!" and finally left. Down to the wire now of who goes first, 2 or 6.

I don't usually bother discussing Dragon Ball here since I have Kanzenshuu to do that, but this is my review of this episode.

A masterpiece of an episode. An episode full of gripping hate, love, and passion. An episode so freaking amazing it was just shy of becoming a legendary paragon of the Dragon Ball Super series. The way 18 shows off her true love is superior to their shallow form of love had me almost in tears. It was beautiful. Seeing brother and sister joining together and brother nursing and helping 18 along the way reminded me of a simple time with my own siblings and working side by side with them. It touched my heart. Not even Vegeta's generic shit of having nothing to add brought down this magnificent perfection of an episode. Not even Goku wanted to get in the way and let the cyborgs show us what love and familiarly bonds are all about. I couldn't be anymore moved. And when 18 gathered her love and inspiration from Krillin ala in a similar situation that Goku did in Battle of Gods once before, and overcame that giant obstacle, we were shown that it doesn't matter how Krillin looks. It's what is inside and how you feel for said person that is true love. The maidens were bested at their own game, and I could do nothing but applaud at this shining beacon of an episode. If it had just one more moment, it would have been the pinnacle of this franchise. But alas that is love. Sometimes it works out, and sometimes it just doesn't quite hit the mark like you think it will.

Crunchyroll has dubbed the title as "Accelerating Tragedy: Disappearing Universes."

UNIVERSES. Plural.

Sounds like both 2 and 6 will be going after all.

It was at least nice Ribrianne realized the error of her ways after she was defeated, realizing love is about more than looks. This is Universe 2's flaw: they boast about how great love is, but in reality, Helles only cares about beauty. She has no doubt destroyed plenty of people who made the universe stronger or more advanced, but were ugly.

• Thumbs Up 2

Honestly, my biggest disappointment with DBS and DBZ is just... how terribly characters like Tien are treated when they were such a crucial part of the original series. Idk, maybe it's because I watched DB first and got into the franchise later than most people, but Tien in particular was such a competent and compelling character in the original series, yet from what I've heard, he's relegated to a punching bag who only uses one major attack these days.

It just feels disappointing to me because they did such great stuff with Master Roshi, yet poor Tien feels like he was just. There. Hell, Krillin even stole his Solar Flare attack.

(Note: I have not watched all of Super so I know it's not totally fair to judge, and I do think there are things in Z and DBS that are enjoyable. I'm just a salty OG Dragonball fan, haha.)

As painful as it is to admit, Tien and other such characters are pretty much has-beens at this point. Washed up. Old news. They had their time in the spotlight, but Goku and the others, including the villains, are at such a staggeringly higher level at this point that they're barely blips on the radar anymore.

Could it possibly change with some intense training? I dunno. I have my doubts. But this being Dragon Ball, who knows?

A bigger problem in this arc is that so much focus is on Goku, at the expense of everyone else. I expected to see more of him but with the team being hyped up so much, I thought at least a couple of episodes could go by without him. But nope.

Anyway, with the Episode 119 spoilers mentioning a "victim" from U7 (and U4 getting serious)... I reckon it's going to be 18 after the focus she had here. As I've posted before, I think U4's two identical cicadas (who I think are a small reference to Cell) will tag team the androids. Given that they are hard to detect, they will probably give the twins a taste of their own medicine. The self-destruction move mentioned in Damon's bio could take 18 out.

• Thumbs Up 1

So, what happened to the androids' sense of humor? They weren't this serious in the original series, especially 17. 

They've both become parents with a sense of responsibility and maturity. They're no longer superpowered delinquents.

Like how 18 mentions money is a problem for her family, for example.

The old 18 probably would just rob a bank to make up the difference. But she wants to be both a good person and a good mother, so she's not going to take the easy route of crime.

Having kids induces enormous personality changes in most people, making one grow up surprisingly quick. So while 17 and 18 still have their humorous moments, they're both a lot more responsible and mature now, even if they haven't looked to have aged a day physically.

Seems recurring enough. It looks like Bergamo basically took over the role of Dad for his brothers, so he's a lot more mature than either of them.

And it explains why they had to make Goku more of an ass for Super, because as a family man he should be a lot more serious as a character.

Edited by Lord Lavender (Ogilvie)
  • Thumbs Up 2

That doesn't mean you have to completely remove their personality. When they were making Ribrianne and Rozie hit each other with their beams, they didn't even say anything. It just makes them far more boring. I'm not saying they should be as dickish as in the Cell saga, but at least have some of that part of their personalities be around.

If they have time to talk, they have time to think and strategize.

"I'm not here to fight. I'm here to win." 18's all in trying to win the wish for her family. 17 didn't even want to join until Goku brought up the wish, and now he wants that luxury cruise liner for his wife and kids. They have their eyes on the prize, and nothing's going to distract them from it.

• Nice Smile 1

Ribrianne FAT SAILORMOON    Is gone. Everyone drinks on me. I mean damn that was the greatest moment of 18's career.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Fist Bump 1

...So wait, how doe SSG relate to Yamoshi again? It says there he went SSJ specifically when he died, not SSG, and then his soul went looking for six other pure hearted saiyans to... Make the ritual?

1 hour ago, Ratcicle King said:

...So wait, how doe SSG relate to Yamoshi again? It says there he went SSJ specifically when he died, not SSG, and then his soul went looking for six other pure hearted saiyans to... Make the ritual?

Remember, the ritual is made with 6 pure hearted Saiyans, one of them becoming SSG.

Yamoshi probably searched them to unite to make one of them SSG, not himself.

Doesn't all of this Yamoshi stuff sound wierd to you guys? Like, the random timing.

I'm pretty sure we are gonna have a Yamoshi movie or something....

I presume Universe 2 will go as well, it's just Universe 6 has far more significance. My guess is U2 will be destroyed either at the same time or by the midpoint of Episode 118, with U6 being destroyed at the end.

It'll be interesting to see how Beerus reacts.

Now I wonder if Universe 4 will disappear in 119 or if they'll last a bit longer. I can only presume the one non-bug is a fodder character, which means that if these two bugs are defeated, Universe 4's likely to get picked off before long.

Sounds like this arc is going to intensify and wrap up very fast. With the timescale, we only have 10 more episodes left before the clock runs out. I can only presume the "until March" includes several filler episodes and a conclusion.

So let's see here.

118 - 5 fighters KO'd, U6 and U2 erased.

119 - Possibly 3 fighters KO'd, maybe U4 erased? Universe 7 left with 6 fighters?

120 - Showdown with Universe 3 maybe? Loss of Android 18?

121 - Maybe Paparoni takes control of 17? Possibly leads to U3's erasure and 17's elimination?

122 - Gohan vs. Dyspo?

123 - Vegeta vs Toppo?

124 - Possibly Frieza infighting with U7, while Jiren picks off Gohan or Vegeta in a show of power?

125 - Jiren vs Goku 1?

126 - Jiren vs Goku 2?

127 - Finale?

3 minutes ago, Lord Lavender (Ogilvie) said:

I presume Universe 2 will go as well, it's just Universe 6 has far more significance. My guess is U2 will be destroyed either at the same time or by the midpoint of Episode 118, with U6 being destroyed at the end.

It'll be interesting to see how Beerus reacts.

Now I wonder if Universe 4 will disappear in 119 or if they'll last a bit longer. I can only presume the one non-bug is a fodder character, which means that if these two bugs are defeated, Universe 4's likely to get picked off before long.

Sounds like this arc is going to intensify and wrap up very fast. With the timescale, we only have 10 more episodes left before the clock runs out. I can only presume the "until March" includes several filler episodes and a conclusion.

I think the 118 leaks mentioned U2 being erased.

6 minutes ago, Lord Lavender (Ogilvie) said:

It'll be interesting to see how Beerus reacts.Now I wonder if Universe 4 will disappear in 119 or if they'll last a bit longer. I can only presume the one non-bug is a fodder character, which means that if these two bugs are defeated, Universe 4's likely to get picked off before long.

Spoilers confirmed that Goku blasts "Zarbuto and co" from the ring, which must mean all three remaining U2 warriors. As for U4; I hope not. I want the bugs to eliminate one, if not both, of the androids as 17 and 18 have had a very good run and it's about time U7 lost some more contenders. For Quitela's to hide (or evade a ring out in Shantsa's case) until now, just to get thrown out soon after, would be incredibly disappointing.

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm still anticipating 17 will lose against Universe 3. The fact Universe 3 hasn't been blown away despite being Universe 10's twin has me thinking they will claim someone as a victim.

But 18? Oh yeah, I can see her being a goner. It's been established she keeps needing someone to save her, and now that she's had her moment, I can see the bugs taking her out too. That would leave Vegeta, Gohan, and Frieza as casualties of Universe 11.

I personally will laugh my ass off if Universe 4 gets eliminated because it kills someone. The repeatedly self-destructing bugs may quite possibly overpower most fighters (it explains why Quitela is sitting pretty despite losing almost his whole team), but they're liable to kill someone or otherwise bore Zen-Oh.