Awoo.

Dragon Ball (Warning: Untagged Spoilers)

FourCartridge

Wow. Universe 2 and 6 certainly took their Erasure a lot more in stride than the prior two did. Plus each Erasure has elements played for laughs that take away a lot of the tragedy of the moment.

Champa's last words to Beerus...

...nothing. He just sticks his tongue out at Beerus one last time and pops out of existence lmfao

Beerus plays apathetic, but he turns away. I think it's obvious he's just hiding how he feels.

We have 12 fighters left from the other universes, and 13 minutes left in the Tournament. Odds are most fighters will get their own episode now.

Edit: Also, I think we know what the power of Universe 4's other fighter is...

zPHtHH2.png

Take a look at the shadow to the right of Gohan. That looks pretty convincingly like Basil. You can even make out the boots and cape. Shortly after, they get attacked by a shadow that looks like Botamo.

Seems they can generate illusions of other fighters.

So basically, he's Infinite.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Fist Bump 1

Man, all this tournament thing has been giving Beerus some (kind of?) development. I hope it's not thrown all away after it's over

Vados is sitting next to Whis now. Is she gonna try and help Universe 7 now?

Also, what did Beerus mean with "Say something."

4 minutes ago, DiamondX said:

Vados is sitting next to Whis now. Is she gonna try and help Universe 7 now?

Also, what did Beerus mean with "Say something."

Maybe he was expecting something more than just a mocking gesture?

On another note, I have to say U-2 took their elimination nicely. At least everyone ceased to exist with a smile on their faces

1 minute ago, DiamondX said:

Where do you guys find these? @Ratcicle King posts them as well.

I ask the same thing myself. I really want to know to. I basically just copied it from the Kanzenshuu thread.

• Fist Bump 1

I got mine from Reddit and know your meme, I've been looking for the original artist for a while now.

• Fist Bump 1

This episode is one of my favorites in this arc now. The gravitas of the situation was really made note of.

Universes 9, 2, and 6 as a whole appeared to be only ones who knew that erasure was on the table for them. The Pride Troopers kept it to themselves, Universe 7 is so compact and yet only Bulma, Dende, Baba, and Mr. Satan are really aware of the stakes, 10 was so nonchalant about it, and it looks like 3 and 4 didn't really bother to spread the word. But while 9 went into mass hysterics and tried to bail, Universe 2 as a whole dutifully watched their representatives fight for them and transferred their love to them to keep fighting, and Universe 6's Namekians gave up their very selves to give Saonel and Pirina a fighting shot. The Universes put themselves forward on this one, not just a band of ten. 

If any Universes are revived, 2 and 6 should be among them. They deserve it.

So Universe 4's secret fighters really were invisible, not just underground? Guess that explains why Quitela shot down Potara Fusion as an idea: at least one of the invisible fighters would have had to put the earring on, and, power boost or not, the earrings would be an instant tell on the fusion's location even if the body remained invisible, and ruin the fighters' strategy.

This is the first time a truly invisible fighter has been an opponent since The Invisible Man himself from Baba's team of 5 so this will be nice to Master Roshi is going to get a nosebleed and spray it on the stage and reveal the bugs isn't he

59 minutes ago, DiamondX said:

His nosebleed can't be that strong to reach the stage? Right?

didnt roshi train to not be 'attacked' by that kind of stuff anymore?

21 minutes ago, Marcello said:

Well, Vados did sit next to them this episode. :thinking:

I don't think Roshi finds her attractive anyway.

So remember when Yuya Takahashi graced Episode 114 with his DBZ-style artwork? The fandom lamented at the possibility that we may not see him return for a long time. But wait...

As AnimeAjay points out, the man is bringing his talent back already for 122. Not only that, but apparently he animated/supervised the 114 segments in just three weeks - whereas normally animators are given eight. So could this mean he has more than twice as long this time? And how awesome will it be with any extra time, let alone that much??

And what is so important about 122 that Takahashi has been given work on it? We have U4 striking in 119 with their remaining fighters and I imagine that their little saga will end by then (unless the bugs fuse or Shantsa really is a Janemba clone). So will we finally get a full-on serious Vegeta fight? Or maybe Gohan? Freeza? Or are Goku and Jiren back in play?

• Thumbs Up 1

I think if Roshi is caught off guard he won't be able to restrain himself. He's certainly developed to where he won't go nuts over any curve that moves, but force it on him suddenly, and, well

Plus an invisible fighter does sound like a boring prospect to Zen'O, and exposing the bug warriors would certainly make it more palatable for him. And it would be karmic; Quitela's fighters have been, on the whole, cheap and dirty and trashtalking fighters, so why not have his trump cards be brought down by an "accidental" "cheap" ploy?

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, -Robin- said:

This episode is one of my favorites in this arc now. The gravitas of the situation was really made note of.

Universes 9, 2, and 6 as a whole appeared to be only ones who knew that erasure was on the table for them. The Pride Troopers kept it to themselves, Universe 7 is so compact and yet only Bulma, Dende, Baba, and Mr. Satan are really aware of the stakes, 10 was so nonchalant about it, and it looks like 3 and 4 didn't really bother to spread the word. But while 9 went into mass hysterics and tried to bail, Universe 2 as a whole dutifully watched their representatives fight for them and transferred their love to them to keep fighting, and Universe 6's Namekians gave up their very selves to give Saonel and Pirina a fighting shot. The Universes put themselves forward on this one, not just a band of ten. 

If any Universes are revived, 2 and 6 should be among them. They deserve it.nvisible Man himself from Baba's team of 5 so this will be nice to Master Roshi is going to get a nosebleed and spray it on the stage and reveal the bugs isn't he

To be honest, the idea of a fakeout on Erasure has appeal.

Each universe, faced with impending obliteration, is maturing due to the duress. This could actually turn out to be the real objective of the Tournament: not just to entertain Zen-Oh, but to give each weaker universe the backbone it needs to become better in the long run. Gods and mortals alike are largely self-reflecting on what they've done wrong. Given a second chance, they'd likely change how they handle things.

Universe 9's God of Destruction's stress made him more liberally use his destroying abilities; going forward, he'd likely use them more, allowing for the universe's maturation.

Universe 2 has realized that love is about more than beauty, which would help them.

And so on. The weak universes are weak because their Gods and mortals have cultivated a poor culture for growth. The stakes of the Tournament, real or imagined, would likely cause some soul searching within every universe.

Say something was his way of wishing he had said something to his brother. He was telling himself to say something i dekt like. He was holding back his sadnness while trying to remain strong knowing it could happen to them as well.

From an in-universe perspective, Erasure is permanent, and the person will be gone for good. Champa's actions amused us because we have a high expectation nobody will stay Erased, but the characters don't think that way (as it is, they're just guessing they could bring people back at most).

Beerus is naturally upset that Champa used his last moments to mock Beerus, rather than say anything deep, nice, whatever. It wasn't appropriate to let the sibling rivalry continue even in that moment.

Had Beerus been the one to go, he probably would have given up his hardass demeanor for just one moment to let Champa know he loves him. That's why he's a little peeved. The whole Tournament, he's been shocked how eager Champa is to get rid of Universe 7, whereas Whis' teasing comments indicate Beerus really didn't want to eliminate Champa.

Despite being twins, Beerus is obviously the older brother of the two in personality. While he's not particularly good at his job, he still does it himself, whereas Champa is lazy and just has Vados do his work for him. He is the stronger of the two as well as the more mature. Champa just took Beerus for granted, whereas Beerus shows signs that he actually loved Champa.

Think about how parents love their kids, and many kids take their parents for granted in spite of it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well they may be shadows, but maybe this time we can have Gohan utterly stomp Lavender this time to complete his redemption from the exhibition match, as he should have. Especially now that he is massively stronger since then. Still wouldn't make me satisfied as the trio were completely wasted with Goku and Vegeta.

It's okay.

They lasted longer than Universe 2 and 6. That's enough for me. :P

Now the time has come for Quitela to pay for taking my puppos from me.

The truth is, I am secretly Zen-Oh. I will be a character's friend one moment, and then their worst nightmare.

"Universe 3 has a trick up its sleeve."

Bye bye Androids.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 1