Awoo.

Dragon Ball (Warning: Untagged Spoilers)

FourCartridge

DRLLECiVQAAjJIa?format=jpg

Jiren's character design. I assume it's made by Yamamuro.

The red text, and I'm not joking, says:

"Be careful not to make Jiren too fat."

Also, UI Goku's character design:

• Thumbs Up 1

Copy Vegeta being Ocean Vegeta is fucking genius. I have enjoyed a lot of what I've seen of the dub, especially compared to subbed (A lot more of the humour and jokes flow a lot better with the English delivers IMO). 

I wonder if they'll make any references to the censored dub like they were gonna do for Kai when they brought the Abridged team in before Toei threw a hissy fit over it. Like at one point, Copy Vegeta shouts he's going to send someone to the next dimension.

With the newewst DBFZ footage we got a chance to hear english dub Goku Black in his Rosé form. It's similar to his XV2 voice but sounds more serious this time:

• Thumbs Up 1

A little extra info on 122:

Bugger off, Freeza. I don't want Dyspo to leave the ring too quickly... Hopefully Toppo gets involved. If not, I wonder if Gohan and 17 team up on the big guy (given that they've been tag teaming with others in the tournament).

46 minutes ago, 11 Pawns-a-Piping said:

A little extra info on 122:

Bugger off, Freeza. I don't want Dyspo to leave the ring too quickly... Hopefully Toppo gets involved. If not, I wonder if Gohan and 17 team up on the big guy (given that they've been tag teaming with others in the tournament).

So U3 is gone this week.

Man, the arc will most probably be over by mid-February.

I can't help but think that due to Dyspo's insane speed, Frieza will accidentally kill him and be disqualified (and probably Erased) accordingly.

That or Zen-Oh thinks it's so awesome he decides murder's okay for the last few fighters.

With how the "omg he killed him!" thing keeps getting thrown out, I can only assume there will be one accidental killing in the Tournament, and I can only assume the perpetrator would be Frieza.

Re: the Tournament ending mid-February, that's consistent with the math. With the timescale, there are 6 episodes left in the Tournament after Universe 3 is eliminated. That would result in the Tournament ending two weeks into February, and leave several weeks to spare to have a conclusion/filler before the next saga.

We've talked about the time being dilated further but... do we really NEED that? We know Dyspo's tricks. We know Toppo's. We know Jiren's. I think 6 episodes is more than enough time for the three of them.

So Vegeta's fighting Jiren next episode?

Well that's gonna be one-sided as hell. If Goku needed Ultra Instinct to even land a hit, what shot does Vege-

Vegeta_Jiren.png

Oh.

K, we've got a fight.

• Thumbs Up 6

LOL I knew someone was going to pop out of Mosco the moment it zoomed in on his stomach and the visor there.

So 5 fighters from Universe 7 with 3 from Universe 11.

I'm guessing this is gonna go back and forth. Jiren will eliminate Vegeta, then Frieza will eliminate Dyspo (and possibly kill him, thus getting disqualified). Gohan's moment of glory will quite possibly be defeating Toppo (who no doubt will have eliminated 17), leaving just Gohan and Goku to face off against Jiren.

I honestly can't help but wonder if Goku will end up SDing with Jiren, giving Gohan the position of winner. It harkens back to Goku's tactic to beat Raditz all the way at the start of Z, and also goes back to how Nink tried to SD Goku at the start of the Tournament.

When you have 2 stock and the enemy has 1... why not play dirty to bring it to a quick finish?

I will find it hilarious if Vegeta has gained a power that is a foil to Goku's.

Goku's issue is that while his UI defense is perfect, his attack needs serious work.

Vegeta may lack the UI defense, but maybe he's unlocked some ability to strike just the right spot? He may not have the raw power Jiren does, but he can still hurt him if he knows just where to hit.

Let's remember, SSB is stroger in terms of power than UI, but lacks the accuracy UI has. Maybe Vegeta is on the way tu unlock UI and can start reading him opponent?

Considering we're almost at the end of the tpurnament, who was your favourite fighter from each Universe?

U2: Ribrianne

U3: Katopesla

U4: Caway

U6: Hit

U7: Android 17

U9: Bergamo

U10: Obuni

U11: Dyspo

5 hours ago, DiamondX said:

Let's remember, SSB is stroger in terms of power than UI, but lacks the accuracy UI has. Maybe Vegeta is on the way tu unlock UI and can start reading him opponent?

i don't think that's the case at all. It's just that Goku hasn't mastered attacking yet. Which begs the question.. How on Earth is Vegeta even landing a blow?

4 hours ago, DiamondX said:

Considering we're almost at the end of the tpurnament, who was your favourite fighter from each Universe?

Good question...

U2: Zirloin as Ribrianne lol

U3: Anilaza for trying to eat 18

U4: Damon because he's a cute little bug with a badass voice

U6: Kefla for the most entertaining fight in the tournament and being a fun character. Shout out to Frost for being a shitty bastard and Magetta for just being awesome

U7: Gohan at full power because it's nice to see him back in action and doing so well

U9: Er... maybe Hop for being so into scratching Vegeta's face *shrug*. That iron lizard was cool too

U10: Obuni because everyone else sucked

U11: Dyspo since he's a cocky bastard. He's like Bugs Bunny fused with the Flash

As for my thoughts on the episode...

Anilaza was actually pretty fun. I wasn't sure about his design, but his ferocity and the fact that he tried to eat 18 actually made him kind of scary. Obviously he couldn't chew her up and kill her, but the way the characters reacted made it feel like Attack on Titan lol. It's a shame the big monstrosity was bested so quickly.

Back to 18 though; 17 and Krillin really seemed to overreact to her ring-out. For a guy who's been calm this whole tournament, 17 seemed distraught at the sight of his sister simply being eliminated.

Goku and Vegeta didn't do much training after the Goku Black arc, so it stands to reason the two Saiyans at their physical prime would regress in power about equally. So, we can look at what they did to confront Black as a measure of power here, and from that, we know that Vegeta was able to take on Goku Black in combat easily while Goku struggled beforehand. 

Goku may have gotten a few blows in on Fused Zamasu, but a) That was with a risky Kaioken x20 backing him up, b ) the brunt of the damage was from a energy struggle Zamasu had already committed to, and c) Goku got in on Zamasu during his moment of weakness before Zamasu regained control. When it comes to pure fist-to-fist combat, Vegeta proved to be the better fighter.

Vegeta getting two clean hits in, making Jiren actually sweat, and actually force him to block the Final Flash in panic, is actually par for the course for Vegeta compared to Goku. Goku may be more adaptable and naturally come across new transformations faster, but Vegeta, when it comes to pure fighting, is simply better than Goku when they're both using the same form.

I like this theory. I hope it turns out to be true.

The Tournament, while Goku's idea initially, has been overseen by the Grand Priest as a way of teaching Zen-Oh to value life. If he keeps wiping people out over small transgressions, he will never be able to entertain himself ever again.

Think on it. He's been so fascinated with all these warriors, even addressing some by name, yet he has Erased them in a heartbeat. While he can grasp the threat of being Erased compels people to do what he wants, I don't think he fully processes the people are gone and can no longer entertain him.

This Tournament, by being massive and amazing (to a point the remaining 5 universes could not hope to measure up), serves as a way to run the point home that pointless destruction is not the proper way to run the multiverse.

...really not feeling the "maybe future Zen-Oh will accidentally revive Zamasu" bit, though. Especially if Frieza remains a recurring character; he was here first and deserves the recurring villain role more than Zamasu.

If nothing else, this provides the ground for Zen-Oh to give a thumbs up to reviving Erased universes. While most of us assumed Goku would win over Zen-Oh by talking about the fun future Tournaments could be, the idea the Grand Priest has been planning to use this as part of a larger lesson is even better.

5 hours ago, DiamondX said:

U2: Whichever Fireball was in a totally platonic relationship with the vampire woman. I appreciate LGBT representation.

U4: Majora

U6: Tough. I don't really have an attachment. I'd be inclined to say Cabba and honestly feel he deserved the spotlight more than Kale and Caulifla.

U7: Frieza. While he's menacing as ever, he's also a great source for comic relief without deteriorating his character (e.g. his simple "I'm going to ignore that" remark, to say nothing of his "dafuq" face when Roh and Sidra started yelling at each other prior to the Tournament).

U9: Tie between Bergamo and Basil. Sorry Lavender, you're neat and all, but you are the Omega of the pack.

17 minutes ago, Lord Basil (Ogilvie) said:

I like this theory. I hope it turns out to be true.

The Tournament, while Goku's idea initially, has been overseen by the Grand Priest as a way of teaching Zen-Oh to value life. If he keeps wiping people out over small transgressions, he will never be able to entertain himself ever again.

Think on it. He's been so fascinated with all these warriors, even addressing some by name, yet he has Erased them in a heartbeat. While he can grasp the threat of being Erased compels people to do what he wants, I don't think he fully processes the people are gone and can no longer entertain him.

This Tournament, by being massive and amazing (to a point the remaining 5 universes could not hope to measure up), serves as a way to run the point home that pointless destruction is not the proper way to run the multiverse.

...really not feeling the "maybe future Zen-Oh will accidentally revive Zamasu" bit, though. Especially if Frieza remains a recurring character; he was here first and deserves the recurring villain role more than Zamasu.

If nothing else, this provides the ground for Zen-Oh to give a thumbs up to reviving Erased universes. While most of us assumed Goku would win over Zen-Oh by talking about the fun future Tournaments could be, the idea the Grand Priest has been planning to use this as part of a larger lesson is even better.

U2: Whichever Fireball was in a totally platonic relationship with the vampire woman. I appreciate LGBT representation.

U4: Majora

U6: Tough. I don't really have an attachment. I'd be inclined to say Cabba and honestly feel he deserved the spotlight more than Kale and Caulifla.

U7: Frieza. While he's menacing as ever, he's also a great source for comic relief without deteriorating his character (e.g. his simple "I'm going to ignore that" remark, to say nothing of his "dafuq" face when Roh and Sidra started yelling at each other prior to the Tournament).

U9: Tie between Bergamo and Basil. Sorry Lavender, you're neat and all, but you are the Omega of the pack.

The U2 girl was Kakunsa.

I like how eveyone agrees that Obuni was the only decent U10 fighter.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, DiamondX said:

Let's remember, SSB is stroger in terms of power than UI

Not really, every single UI sequence made clear it's on another level compared to SSJB. Piccolo even flat out states it on 110.

As if Blue was doing any better?

UI was too weak offensively because Goku was consciously thinking and thus dulling its potency. Blue was no match because it was too weak, period.

Yep, Kefla said his attacks were weak, and Whis right after it explains it's harder to attack without thinking than dodging, so while Goku mastered the speed and defense of UI, his attacking is still not at full power.

However, even with his attacks nerfed, he did way more damage compared to SSJB.

Also keep in mind we haven't seen a fully healed UI yet. All we've seen is Goku running on fumes with UI, he was already at his limit by the time the Genki Dama blew up on his face, and he had to use it's energy as reserve fuel. Then against Kefla, he was barely getting his footing using Freeza's spare energy

When Goku got a fight out of Jiren, it took Ultra Instinct to even land a hit. Then when Hit stepped up to the plate, he got an even stronger hit on Jiren and trapped him in his time cage for a while. And now Vegeta is connecting blows as Super Saiyan Blue.

Jiren is seemingly steadily getting weaker and weaker with each fight that he can't one-shot his opponent.

Maybe that's his weakness. He absolutely decimates any opponent he fights starting out. But afterwards, his stamina just drops like a lead balloon if he can't meditate for an extended period inbetween. This tournament has been about Universe 7 trying to conserve stamina after every other universe has gunned after them, but maybe Jiren has the worst of it out of everyone present. Would be a nice twist.

• Thumbs Up 1

No I think vegeta has just been hiding his power he has not really tried on anyone. Seeing him fighting jiren has me all tingly