Awoo.

Dragon Ball (Warning: Untagged Spoilers)

FourCartridge

If we want to be particular, we technically do not know 17's and Freeza's fates by the End of Z. There's still potential for curveballs here.

• Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, Lord Basil (Ogilvie) said:

The arc probably would have benefited if the fake spoiler that falling fighters get Erased immediately rather than appearing in the stands held true. Even if you win, you still lose. Imagine how much stronger the Frost hate would have been if Krillin was disintegrated mere seconds after he managed to KO Majora.

We already know Universe 7 is coming out on top, so with no ill effects from eliminations, the only cost is "aww man, my favorite character can't own people anymore."

It'd also make some eliminations much more shocking from how sudden they are, say, Piccolo's elimination for example.

However this would have the problem of not giving some characters a chance to shine too, since Roshi was only able to fight to his heart's content with the knowledge he could drop at any minute and be healed, or Tien's taking the sniper on a suicide attack, which probably wouldn't have happened considering the stakes would be bigger.

Buuut I think the biggest reason why this isn't the case is... Well, the heroes wouldn't be very heroic.

Yeah, they're eliminating entire universes, but they're not pulling the trigger, they still feel the guilt, so the drama can be explored, but it doesn't make them be the actual killers of an innocent fighter fighting to protect his world.

Would it make for an interesting psychological drama? Definetly, but this is dragon ball, I don't think that kind of tone and characterization would be appropriate for it, not only that, but it could be easily mishandled, just look at the ''Goku doomed the Multiverse'' meme, which is still being corrected by them having someone constantly go ''yeah but Goku actually gave them a fighting chance'' every once in a while

• Thumbs Up 1

They're heroes, though.

I think their actions wouldn't change at all. How many heroes say "it's okay if I die, because there's an afterlife" or something? Considering many heroic people could care less about permanent cessation of consciousness if it means they help others, I think Tien and Roshi would still go through with what they did. It's okay if they cease to exist, because their universe is still intact in the end.

And it would honestly have more weight than prior arcs. As it stands, people dying is a slap on the wrist, because the Dragon Balls can easily bring them back. No one has ever been brought back from being Erased entirely before.

Overall though, under duress, actions are generally morally excused. We don't fault soldiers for killing other soldiers (because the alternative is being killed themselves); we fault them for killing people who are no longer a threat. Zeno would still be the one doing all the Erasing, thus giving the heroes a moral out, just as it's giving them a moral out now. Erased when they fall, versus Erased a little bit later when everyone in their universe falls. It's the same at the end of the day.

• Thumbs Up 1

I kinda want frieza to become the next vegeta  still wanting to kill goku but helping when the need arises. He's just to good a villian

Becoming the next Vegeta would indicate Frieza would undergo redemption.

I think it's best he remains a villain, he's just willing to join forces with Goku when it suits his goals.

• Thumbs Up 2

I'd hate to be named in such a manner people would think I was a Yamcha/Roshi fusion.

Interesting concept, though. Is this for Heroes, the new film, or what?

• Chuckle 1

47 minutes ago, Bergamo (Ogilvie) said:

I'd hate to be named in such a manner people would think I was a Yamcha/Roshi fusion.

He sounds like the ultimate pervert then.

Anyway, here are some early preview images for 122:

yeKZK7f.jpg

LUKYjtT.jpg

KIY6G1B.jpg

Uw2rsLm.jpg

Nothing particularly interesting, but it's nice to see that Gohan will show up in more than one shot.

• Thumbs Up 2

16 minutes ago, 11 Pawns-a-Piping said:

He sounds like the ultimate pervert then.

Anyway, here are some early preview images for 122:

yeKZK7f.jpg

LUKYjtT.jpg

KIY6G1B.jpg

Uw2rsLm.jpg

Nothing particularly interesting, but it's nice to see that Gohan will show up in more than one shot.

You call the Z/GT-esq character designs “nothing interesting”?:P

Based on the previews we've seen, it does sound like the first episode against Universe 11 will be relatively bland, yes.

But it's also a warmup and setting the stage, so I guess it makes sense. We have 5 team members left in Universe 7, and we're going to see most of them fall. So that fall has to seem just right.

1 hour ago, CD Sanic said:

You call the Z/GT-esq character designs “nothing interesting”?:P

I mean in the sense that they don't tell or tease us with anything the preview and spoilers haven't already. The art is subarashii, of course

17 minutes ago, 11 Pawns-a-Piping said:

I mean in the sense that they don't tell or tease us with anything the preview and spoilers haven't already. The art is subarashii, of course

This is Takahashi, definetly expected.

He is no longer mini-Shida.

He is in a REALM OF HIS OWN.

• Thumbs Up 1

Okay, for those of you wondering, (according to Facebook) Ikkicon (anime con in Austin, Texas) is having a photo shoot with Greg Ayres in which all profits go to helping Chris Ayres.

We can at least be relieved that Frieza (among many other anime voices) is still alive.

More screencaps for this week's episode.

DSgo67wUMAADv7n.jpg

DSgo7x_UIAUUV2G.jpg

DSgo817UEAEYZ_P.jpg

DSgo90UUIAAGdil.jpg

Arack is with U7 for some reason. Looks like the exempt GoDs are taking sides, now that there's two universes left.

Maybe Ogilvie will get lucky and Liquir decides to be Team U7. =p

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Chuckle 1

The U3 angel is also there. Maybe they do take sides, as you say, or the Zenos bring the audience together for some reason.

Noteworthy: Zen-Oh has the other 4 universes on his GodPad.

Imagine if the twist is that you have to pick a side and you will get Erased with them if they lose. It would be consistent with Zen-Oh's original plan; he wanted 4 universes, not 5. So why not Erase one or two more based on who they side with?

Although, the Angel's proximity makes it sound like they will just be pulling everyone together.

I presume Liquiir will be with Universe 7. He previously said he felt 6 or 7 would win, and he also seems to be on good terms with Arack. Understandable, as they're paired universes; it seems most universes have a healthy relationship with their twins. Honorable exceptions are Beerus and Champa's sibling rivalry, and Quitela most likely using Sidra's trust of him to make him an easy pawn.

It can be noted that Universe 3's Angel is there, but Universe 4's isn't despite the presence of Universe 5. Presumably, Universe 4's Angel, seeming relatively loyal to Quitela, has decided to back Universe 11 as a parting fuck you.

I've seen the suggestion that Vegeta destroys some of the stands with his Final Flash, so perhaps the GP or Zenos move everyone suddenly.

Most likely GP. I think it's obvious Zen-Oh could care less about any of the deities.

The destruction of some of the stands seems the most plausible scenario as opposed to a random reshuffling of seats.

On the other hand, you never know if it was the endgame plan to put the other 4 universes on the line the moment there were only two left.

Can hardly wait for Saturday. This is going to be a crazy six parter, it sounds like.

Also this chart is awesome. And not just because it establishes that of the minor characters, Basil is one of the more important.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 1